HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Around the league talk | Non-Leaf games

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-26-2013, 12:03 PM
  #701
Epictetus
Global Moderator
Create yourself.
 
Epictetus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,575
vCash: 2050
I would take Ovechkin and his contract any day. To me, he just needs a change of scenery. Players of his caliber and talent don't just suddenly start sucking.

Epictetus is offline  
Old
01-26-2013, 12:04 PM
  #702
DirtyDion03
**** Brooklyn
 
DirtyDion03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,623
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epictetus View Post
I would take Ovechkin and his contract any day. To me, he just needs a change of scenery. Players of his caliber and talent don't just suddenly start sucking.
When he's the only player on his team, it's not hard to adjust. He does the same thing all the time. It's the same reason Phil can't score on the PP, teams know what he's going to do.

__________________
http://i57.tinypic.com/28b4abo.jpg
DirtyDion03 is offline  
Old
01-26-2013, 12:08 PM
  #703
ULF_55
Global Moderator
 
ULF_55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Mountain Standard Ti
Posts: 56,826
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phion Keneuf View Post
9.5 mil for an average top liner (can you even call him that?)

He's been so lazy and uninterested ...
Maybe they need Komarov to help motivate him like with Dynamo?

__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bA3LN_8hjM8.

Vaive and Ludzik on collapse, and Phaneuf.
ULF_55 is offline  
Old
01-26-2013, 12:12 PM
  #704
Phion Keneuf
Top Dawg Ent.
 
Phion Keneuf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Vaughan, Ontario
Country: Italy
Posts: 28,415
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ULF_55 View Post
Maybe they need Komarov to help motivate him like with Dynamo?
There's nothing I'd want on that roster in all fairness

Maybe MoJo but he's been damn awful this season. Funny how he was a much better pick than Kadri last year, but now people on their boards are calling him the biggest flop of a pick.

Phion Keneuf is online now  
Old
01-26-2013, 12:13 PM
  #705
Erdinger
Registered User
 
Erdinger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,514
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epictetus View Post
I would take Ovechkin and his contract any day. To me, he just needs a change of scenery. Players of his caliber and talent don't just suddenly start sucking.
He was hands down my favourite NHL player but perhaps guys like Cherry were right when they said his ultra aggressive style of play would be impossible to sustain over a lengthy career as his body would just wear down. He really was great to watch at his peak.

Erdinger is offline  
Old
01-26-2013, 12:21 PM
  #706
ULF_55
Global Moderator
 
ULF_55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Mountain Standard Ti
Posts: 56,826
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phion Keneuf View Post
There's nothing I'd want on that roster in all fairness

Maybe MoJo but he's been damn awful this season. Funny how he was a much better pick than Kadri last year, but now people on their boards are calling him the biggest flop of a pick.
Tom Wilson or Forsberg you don't want?

MoJo is a flop? So what you are saying is that other teams have fans similar to the Leafs?

No patience, he's star before he's in the NHL and he's a flop before he's in the NHL.

ULF_55 is offline  
Old
01-26-2013, 12:21 PM
  #707
Grabowaffle84
Registered User
 
Grabowaffle84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 878
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erdinger View Post
He was hands down my favourite NHL player but perhaps guys like Cherry were right when they said his ultra aggressive style of play would be impossible to sustain over a lengthy career as his body would just wear down. He really was great to watch at his peak.
Ovechkin wasn't always like that... I remember watching the World Juniors and he was fairly soft and got injured easily. I think our guys toughened him up

Grabowaffle84 is offline  
Old
01-26-2013, 12:22 PM
  #708
ULF_55
Global Moderator
 
ULF_55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Mountain Standard Ti
Posts: 56,826
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erdinger View Post
He was hands down my favourite NHL player but perhaps guys like Cherry were right when they said his ultra aggressive style of play would be impossible to sustain over a lengthy career as his body would just wear down. He really was great to watch at his peak.
Hey Phil is outscoring AO.

2 assists to 1 assist.

ULF_55 is offline  
Old
01-26-2013, 12:23 PM
  #709
Terrence
Homeless
 
Terrence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,101
vCash: 500
Don't understand why Ovechkin is playing with Jay Beagle and Joey Crabb.

Terrence is online now  
Old
01-26-2013, 12:24 PM
  #710
Erdinger
Registered User
 
Erdinger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,514
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grabowaffle84 View Post
Ovechkin wasn't always like that... I remember watching the World Juniors and he was fairly soft and got injured easily. I think our guys toughened him up
I remember the same. Of course he had every one of our guys running him nonstop that game. I think their coach just got him out of there for his own safety.

Just went over and read some of the Caps board. Wow it's a pretty sad atmosphere over there.

Erdinger is offline  
Old
01-26-2013, 12:26 PM
  #711
Phion Keneuf
Top Dawg Ent.
 
Phion Keneuf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Vaughan, Ontario
Country: Italy
Posts: 28,415
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ULF_55 View Post
Tom Wilson or Forsberg you don't want?

MoJo is a flop? So what you are saying is that other teams have fans similar to the Leafs?

No patience, he's star before he's in the NHL and he's a flop before he's in the NHL.
They wouldn't give up Wilson or Forsberg for Komarov.

MoJo is soft as butter. I wouldn't go after him anyways.

Realistically there is nothing I'd want on their roster that they would give up for Koma.

Phion Keneuf is online now  
Old
01-26-2013, 12:29 PM
  #712
ULF_55
Global Moderator
 
ULF_55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Mountain Standard Ti
Posts: 56,826
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erdinger View Post
I remember the same. Of course he had every one of our guys running him nonstop that game. I think their coach just got him out of there for his own safety.

Just went over and read some of the Caps board. Wow it's a pretty sad atmosphere over there.
Marcus Johansson

Too bad he wasn't able to play in the AHL.

Look at Gardiner, he's only been off since December and they sent him back down to th e minors while Johansson has been off since May.

Buy low!!!

ULF_55 is offline  
Old
01-26-2013, 01:14 PM
  #713
LeafsMonster
MeowLeafs is awesome
 
LeafsMonster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,817
vCash: 500
I really liked hoe ovi played in last years playoffs. I think Dale Hunter was good for him. If he had stayed, I think Ovi would play atleast better than what he is playing now.

I really hope he gets it together. I love the guy.

LeafsMonster is offline  
Old
01-26-2013, 01:14 PM
  #714
RaskY
GLG
 
RaskY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Mississauga, ON
Posts: 10,852
vCash: 500
It's not that the league has figured him out. Ovy's been Ovy his entire career and you're telling me it took 7 years to "figure him out"? And even then he almost reached 40 goals last season, probably would have if he played all 82 games.

It's his and the Capitals' organization's fault because he isn't playing like he used to..at all..No enthusiasm, no motivation, no intensity. Coaches try to change him, but they have to realize Ovy is who he is. You can't change him, you can't try and restrict him from what he normally does.

But the main thing is Ovy looks like he's lost his drive to play and win with Washington. Nobody knows why either (if this is in fact the case), but hopefully he can snap out of it. I want the real Ovy Back. D:

RaskY is offline  
Old
01-26-2013, 01:22 PM
  #715
TheLeastOfTheBunch
Registered User
 
TheLeastOfTheBunch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 32,198
vCash: 500
Montreal is only offering Subban a 2 year, $5 million total contract ($2.5m cap hit). Way too low..

The same cap hit they have for Brandon freaking Prust. LOL.

TheLeastOfTheBunch is offline  
Old
01-26-2013, 01:28 PM
  #716
Everlong
-
 
Everlong's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 27,799
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLeastOfTheBunch View Post
Montreal is only offering Subban a 2 year, $5 million total contract ($2.5m cap hit). Way too low..

The same cap hit they have for Brandon freaking Prust. LOL.
That's insulting. My guess is that PK's group is atleast double that. Montreal is trying to start low...way low.

Everlong is online now  
Old
01-26-2013, 01:33 PM
  #717
DirtyDion03
**** Brooklyn
 
DirtyDion03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,623
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLeastOfTheBunch View Post
Montreal is only offering Subban a 2 year, $5 million total contract ($2.5m cap hit). Way too low..

The same cap hit they have for Brandon freaking Prust. LOL.
If that was me, I'd walk.. Habs organization is going downhill. Paying their best defenseman as much as their tough guy? And trading a player during the game? Come on...

DirtyDion03 is offline  
Old
01-26-2013, 01:47 PM
  #718
Erdinger
Registered User
 
Erdinger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,514
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyDion03 View Post
If that was me, I'd walk.. Habs organization is going downhill. Paying their best defenseman as much as their tough guy? And trading a player during the game? Come on...
What's next? Asking the coach to stand behind the players bench with a paper bag on his head.........like another classy organization we all know and love.

Erdinger is offline  
Old
01-26-2013, 02:32 PM
  #719
Epictetus
Global Moderator
Create yourself.
 
Epictetus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,575
vCash: 2050
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyDion03 View Post
If that was me, I'd walk.. Habs organization is going downhill. Paying their best defenseman as much as their tough guy? And trading a player during the game? Come on...
He can't walk. The Habs own his rights and therefore all the bargaining power. He can either accept whatever they offer, or reject it and not play. Nevertheless, it's a stupid move to do this to one of your franchise players, especially when you are overpaying secondary role-players.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erdinger View Post
What's next? Asking the coach to stand behind the players bench with a paper bag on his head.........like another classy organization we all know and love.
It's weird. Both the Habs and Leafs love overpaying their players, but when it comes to overpaying a good player (for the Habs) and one in which the hockey world agrees you need to have going forward, they can't do it.

I sure hope the Leafs cough up the money when it comes to re-signing Kessel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everlong View Post
That's insulting. My guess is that PK's group is atleast double that. Montreal is trying to start low...way low.
They have 3 franchise pieces in 3 areas you need them, namely, forward, defense, and goal-tending.

I don't know why they are screwing this up. Lowballing your franchise player is utterly retarded.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TK View Post
But the main thing is Ovy looks like he's lost his drive to play and win with Washington. Nobody knows why either (if this is in fact the case), but hopefully he can snap out of it. I want the real Ovy Back. D:
Washington needs to move either him or Backstrom, because it has become abundantly clear that their core cannot win a Stanley Cup. The respective value of Ovechkin or Backstrom would be well worth it. They also take up a ton of cap space.

Time to move on, I would say.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erdinger View Post
He was hands down my favourite NHL player but perhaps guys like Cherry were right when they said his ultra aggressive style of play would be impossible to sustain over a lengthy career as his body would just wear down. He really was great to watch at his peak.
I don't agree. I see a player who doesn't care anymore, more than a player who is declining and has lost it.

We'll have to agree to disagree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phion Keneuf View Post
There's nothing I'd want on that roster in all fairness
Wut?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyDion03 View Post
When he's the only player on his team, it's not hard to adjust. He does the same thing all the time. It's the same reason Phil can't score on the PP, teams know what he's going to do.
Ovechkin and Kessel are completely different players. I do not see the comparison with regard to how he's been figured out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ULF_55 View Post
Maybe they need Komarov to help motivate him like with Dynamo?
Maybe the Leafs could use him and allocate salary to a star player like him, instead of secondary players like Grabovski, Lupul, and Liles?

Epictetus is offline  
Old
01-26-2013, 02:37 PM
  #720
Phion Keneuf
Top Dawg Ent.
 
Phion Keneuf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Vaughan, Ontario
Country: Italy
Posts: 28,415
vCash: 500
^ nothing that I would want , that they would give up. Obviously I would want Ovie, Backstrom, Forsberg, Carlson, Alzner etc. but what's Komarovs value? A 2nd rounder?

I wouldn't want Ward, Brouwer, or whatever else they would offer

Phion Keneuf is online now  
Old
01-26-2013, 02:47 PM
  #721
legendinblue
LEAFS SUCK
 
legendinblue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 6,097
vCash: 500
As harsh as it may sound, I'm not even sure I'd take a chance on Ovi. Seems to be Lecavalier 2.0

legendinblue is offline  
Old
01-26-2013, 04:00 PM
  #722
RaskY
GLG
 
RaskY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Mississauga, ON
Posts: 10,852
vCash: 500
Avs @ Sharks...Marleau and Pavelski have had great weeks, need them to have one more big game...

RaskY is offline  
Old
01-26-2013, 04:04 PM
  #723
JMcLeaf
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
 
JMcLeaf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: ♫d(-_-)b♫
Country: Antarctica
Posts: 17,688
vCash: 440
Go Avs!

JMcLeaf is offline  
Old
01-26-2013, 04:36 PM
  #724
Penalty Kill Icing*
Fire Carlyle
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,972
vCash: 500
Great hit by Stuart on Landeskog (who limped off the bench to dressing room), but great of Avs player to stand up for their captain.

Penalty Kill Icing* is offline  
Old
01-26-2013, 04:38 PM
  #725
RaskY
GLG
 
RaskY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Mississauga, ON
Posts: 10,852
vCash: 500
Marleau!

And that was so annoying to watch. It was a great hit, let it go! I understand standing up for your teammate, but just play hockey, continue the game. See what happens? Penalty and now your team is down a goal.

RaskY is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:46 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.