HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Around the league talk | Non-Leaf games

Closed Thread

Old
01-26-2013, 12:03 PM
Epictetus
Global Moderator
Create yourself.

vCash: 2050
I would take Ovechkin and his contract any day. To me, he just needs a change of scenery. Players of his caliber and talent don't just suddenly start sucking.

Old
01-26-2013, 12:04 PM
DirtyDion03
**** Brooklyn

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epictetus View Post
I would take Ovechkin and his contract any day. To me, he just needs a change of scenery. Players of his caliber and talent don't just suddenly start sucking.
When he's the only player on his team, it's not hard to adjust. He does the same thing all the time. It's the same reason Phil can't score on the PP, teams know what he's going to do.

01-26-2013, 12:08 PM
ULF_55
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phion Keneuf View Post
9.5 mil for an average top liner (can you even call him that?)

He's been so lazy and uninterested ...
Maybe they need Komarov to help motivate him like with Dynamo?

Vaive and Ludzik on collapse, and Phaneuf.
Old
01-26-2013, 12:12 PM
Phion Keneuf
Top Dawg Ent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ULF_55 View Post
There's nothing I'd want on that roster in all fairness

Maybe MoJo but he's been damn awful this season. Funny how he was a much better pick than Kadri last year, but now people on their boards are calling him the biggest flop of a pick.

Old
01-26-2013, 12:13 PM
Erdinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epictetus View Post
He was hands down my favourite NHL player but perhaps guys like Cherry were right when they said his ultra aggressive style of play would be impossible to sustain over a lengthy career as his body would just wear down. He really was great to watch at his peak.

Old
01-26-2013, 12:21 PM
ULF_55
Global Moderator

Quote:

Maybe MoJo but he's been damn awful this season. Funny how he was a much better pick than Kadri last year, but now people on their boards are calling him the biggest flop of a pick.
Tom Wilson or Forsberg you don't want?

MoJo is a flop? So what you are saying is that other teams have fans similar to the Leafs?

No patience, he's star before he's in the NHL and he's a flop before he's in the NHL.

Old
01-26-2013, 12:21 PM
Grabowaffle84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erdinger View Post
He was hands down my favourite NHL player but perhaps guys like Cherry were right when they said his ultra aggressive style of play would be impossible to sustain over a lengthy career as his body would just wear down. He really was great to watch at his peak.
Ovechkin wasn't always like that... I remember watching the World Juniors and he was fairly soft and got injured easily. I think our guys toughened him up

Old
01-26-2013, 12:22 PM
ULF_55
Global Moderator

Quote:
Hey Phil is outscoring AO.

2 assists to 1 assist.

Old
01-26-2013, 12:23 PM
Terrence
Homeless

Don't understand why Ovechkin is playing with Jay Beagle and Joey Crabb.

Old
01-26-2013, 12:24 PM
Erdinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grabowaffle84 View Post
Ovechkin wasn't always like that... I remember watching the World Juniors and he was fairly soft and got injured easily. I think our guys toughened him up
I remember the same. Of course he had every one of our guys running him nonstop that game. I think their coach just got him out of there for his own safety.

Just went over and read some of the Caps board. Wow it's a pretty sad atmosphere over there.

Old
01-26-2013, 12:26 PM
Phion Keneuf
Top Dawg Ent.

Quote:
Tom Wilson or Forsberg you don't want?

MoJo is a flop? So what you are saying is that other teams have fans similar to the Leafs?

No patience, he's star before he's in the NHL and he's a flop before he's in the NHL.
They wouldn't give up Wilson or Forsberg for Komarov.

MoJo is soft as butter. I wouldn't go after him anyways.

Realistically there is nothing I'd want on their roster that they would give up for Koma.

Old
01-26-2013, 12:29 PM
ULF_55
Global Moderator

Quote:
I remember the same. Of course he had every one of our guys running him nonstop that game. I think their coach just got him out of there for his own safety.

Just went over and read some of the Caps board. Wow it's a pretty sad atmosphere over there.
Marcus Johansson

Too bad he wasn't able to play in the AHL.

Look at Gardiner, he's only been off since December and they sent him back down to th e minors while Johansson has been off since May.

Buy low!!!

Old
01-26-2013, 01:14 PM
LeafsMonster
MeowLeafs is awesome

I really liked hoe ovi played in last years playoffs. I think Dale Hunter was good for him. If he had stayed, I think Ovi would play atleast better than what he is playing now.

I really hope he gets it together. I love the guy.

Old
01-26-2013, 01:14 PM
RaskY
GLG

It's not that the league has figured him out. Ovy's been Ovy his entire career and you're telling me it took 7 years to "figure him out"? And even then he almost reached 40 goals last season, probably would have if he played all 82 games.

It's his and the Capitals' organization's fault because he isn't playing like he used to..at all..No enthusiasm, no motivation, no intensity. Coaches try to change him, but they have to realize Ovy is who he is. You can't change him, you can't try and restrict him from what he normally does.

But the main thing is Ovy looks like he's lost his drive to play and win with Washington. Nobody knows why either (if this is in fact the case), but hopefully he can snap out of it. I want the real Ovy Back. D:

Old
01-26-2013, 01:22 PM
TheLeastOfTheBunch

Montreal is only offering Subban a 2 year, $5 million total contract ($2.5m cap hit). Way too low..

The same cap hit they have for Brandon freaking Prust. LOL.

Old
01-26-2013, 01:28 PM
Everlong
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLeastOfTheBunch View Post
Montreal is only offering Subban a 2 year, $5 million total contract ($2.5m cap hit). Way too low..

That's insulting. My guess is that PK's group is atleast double that. Montreal is trying to start low...way low.

Old
01-26-2013, 01:33 PM
DirtyDion03
**** Brooklyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLeastOfTheBunch View Post

If that was me, I'd walk.. Habs organization is going downhill. Paying their best defenseman as much as their tough guy? And trading a player during the game? Come on...

Old
01-26-2013, 01:47 PM
Erdinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyDion03 View Post
If that was me, I'd walk.. Habs organization is going downhill. Paying their best defenseman as much as their tough guy? And trading a player during the game? Come on...
What's next? Asking the coach to stand behind the players bench with a paper bag on his head.........like another classy organization we all know and love.

Old
01-26-2013, 02:32 PM
Epictetus
Global Moderator
Create yourself.

vCash: 2050
Quote:
He can't walk. The Habs own his rights and therefore all the bargaining power. He can either accept whatever they offer, or reject it and not play. Nevertheless, it's a stupid move to do this to one of your franchise players, especially when you are overpaying secondary role-players.

Quote:
What's next? Asking the coach to stand behind the players bench with a paper bag on his head.........like another classy organization we all know and love.
It's weird. Both the Habs and Leafs love overpaying their players, but when it comes to overpaying a good player (for the Habs) and one in which the hockey world agrees you need to have going forward, they can't do it.

I sure hope the Leafs cough up the money when it comes to re-signing Kessel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everlong View Post
That's insulting. My guess is that PK's group is atleast double that. Montreal is trying to start low...way low.
They have 3 franchise pieces in 3 areas you need them, namely, forward, defense, and goal-tending.

I don't know why they are screwing this up. Lowballing your franchise player is utterly retarded.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TK View Post
But the main thing is Ovy looks like he's lost his drive to play and win with Washington. Nobody knows why either (if this is in fact the case), but hopefully he can snap out of it. I want the real Ovy Back. D:
Washington needs to move either him or Backstrom, because it has become abundantly clear that their core cannot win a Stanley Cup. The respective value of Ovechkin or Backstrom would be well worth it. They also take up a ton of cap space.

Time to move on, I would say.

Quote:
I don't agree. I see a player who doesn't care anymore, more than a player who is declining and has lost it.

We'll have to agree to disagree.

Quote:
Wut?

Quote:
When he's the only player on his team, it's not hard to adjust. He does the same thing all the time. It's the same reason Phil can't score on the PP, teams know what he's going to do.
Ovechkin and Kessel are completely different players. I do not see the comparison with regard to how he's been figured out.

Quote:
Maybe the Leafs could use him and allocate salary to a star player like him, instead of secondary players like Grabovski, Lupul, and Liles?

Old
01-26-2013, 02:37 PM
Phion Keneuf
Top Dawg Ent.

^ nothing that I would want , that they would give up. Obviously I would want Ovie, Backstrom, Forsberg, Carlson, Alzner etc. but what's Komarovs value? A 2nd rounder?

I wouldn't want Ward, Brouwer, or whatever else they would offer

Old
01-26-2013, 02:47 PM
legendinblue
LEAFS SUCK

As harsh as it may sound, I'm not even sure I'd take a chance on Ovi. Seems to be Lecavalier 2.0

Old
01-26-2013, 04:00 PM
RaskY
GLG

Avs @ Sharks...Marleau and Pavelski have had great weeks, need them to have one more big game...

Old
01-26-2013, 04:04 PM
JMcLeaf
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

vCash: 440
Go Avs!

Old
01-26-2013, 04:36 PM
Penalty Kill Icing*
Fire Carlyle

Great hit by Stuart on Landeskog (who limped off the bench to dressing room), but great of Avs player to stand up for their captain.

Old
01-26-2013, 04:38 PM
RaskY
GLG

Marleau!

And that was so annoying to watch. It was a great hit, let it go! I understand standing up for your teammate, but just play hockey, continue the game. See what happens? Penalty and now your team is down a goal.

Closed Thread