HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

P.K. Subban Thread - MK VIII - 'Week-end of Angst' Edition

Closed Thread

Old
01-26-2013, 12:17 PM
ChemiseBleuHonnete

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary320 View Post
And with all due respects to PK Subban. As much as I want him, if a team gives him an offer sheet of 5 million (which I 100% DOUBT).. then I say BYE BYE.

1st 2nd and 3rd for PK Subban at 5 million dollars? Any day.
you gotta be kidding...

Old
Bill McNeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolasprICE View Post
Looks like we are just about to explode

If you have a twitter account, simply tweet:

@GMolsonCHC #signsubban

Takes 2 seconds. Nobody is asking you to picket in front of the bell centre, just do it, NO EXCUSES!
In all likelihood Molson's driving this bus. I wouldn't bat an eye if he one day appointed himself GM.

Old
Habsawce

vCash: 670
Subban is trending, let's go folks let these turkeys know we want PK!

Old
01-26-2013, 12:18 PM
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by couris View Post
sarcasm
No sarcasm intended. I just saw the opportunity to make one of my famous unfunny jokes and decided to take it.

Please carry on.

Old
PricePkPatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by couris View Post
When in doubt, play the racist card. You win the argument.
I only bring the racism card when someone speaks about "knowing his place".

Like there is an order of the world where some are above others. That because of one's situation, one should shut up and accept what is given to him.

Old
Dr Gonzo
#1 Jan Bulis Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MXD View Post
But what if a team with a terrible start make such an offer?
Let's say we get a good first rounder, however I don't see a non-playoff team making a move on Subban, but I digress.

A top 10 pick (good odds that they'll be a decent player)

a 2nd and a 3rd that are long shots.

I still stick with Subban. The mystery box option doesn't entice enough to replace such a quality player.

There's the old French saying "Un tiens, vaut mieux que deux tu l'auras"

Old
01-26-2013, 12:19 PM
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsawce View Post
Subban is trending, let's go folks let these turkeys know we want PK!
Maybe #boycott Bell Centre for Subban

Old
01-26-2013, 12:19 PM
Des Louise
Formerly E=CH2

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTL-rules View Post
Since when are rumors from journalists facts ????
Some journalists do not report BS.

You have some of the most credible ones reporting the same thing 5M/2years.

Quote:
So now, it's a long term deal that you want... not just PK signed ?
Of course long term. I've only said that a million times.

Quote:
I wish for PK to sign to the best deal possible for our cap situation, period. Let it be 1-2, 8 years, I don't care.
The best option for the habs is to sign PK long term right now. Not in 2 years when he'll be worth even more and when you'll have to buy even more UFA years.

Old
01-26-2013, 12:20 PM
otto bond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habnot View Post
From what I heard (and I would consider my source pretty decent), Bergevin hates Subban. This is personal.
Let's just say this is the case and your source is decent, let's see some proposal.
I'm one to not want to trade him but if I had to, my asking price would be high.
So from what I ear, the Flyers, Rangers,Florida, Toronto,Islanders,Detroit, Oilers, Nashville and Columbus are all teams that could have high interest in Subban.
Forget it Toronto and the Rags, no way I deal with them.

So From the Flyers, it has to be Couturier but since I want a defender coming back, it would have to be a package. Couturier-Coburn/Grossmann for PK-Eller? This I would consider.

From the Panthers land, Gudbranson but Florida would need to had but what?Picks?

Islanders....Nino plus or Strome, still want a dman coming back but who? Hamonic? not sure if I want to deal here.

Detroit has a big need but nothing there interest me, sure Datsyuk and company would but highly doughtfull they are moved plus I still want a Dman coming back. Ericsson?

Oilers have tone of youth to offer but like most, I want a damn coming back. Also I just don't see a trade here. It's not like they are going to move that core.

NAshville has nothing of interest for me aside from Weber.

Columbus....not sure what they could give since losing Nash to the Rags. Murray is out and I dought they move him since they picked him 2nd this last june.

I just can see or find a fit in trading Subban.

Old
01-26-2013, 12:20 PM
crazyd
Canada is hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dharvey33 View Post
If 2.2 and 2.9 are true that's horrible Tom freakin Poti is making more money than that. How do you explain this to Subban?

Your young you need to improve in order to cash in in the next 2 years.

What kind of retarded fact is it.

Plus le gros bon sens would be sign PK now while he is worth 4-5 millions long term don't wait until he is worth 7 millions? I just don't get it maybe i'm too smart to think like an hockey player.
I must admit that 2.2 and 2.9 is low-balling. Changing the 2's for 3's is equitable. As for term, just under UFA, if it's 2 let it be 2, if it's 3 let it be 3.

But essentially, my message to Pernell Karl Subban is:
Grow up, stop the shenanigans (off and in the dressing room), sign, we want you on the ice.

My message to Marc Bergevin:
I admire "sticking to your guns". But sometimes the twelve caliber is just overkill. Don't low-ball the kid, he proved top two caliber. There is rigid and there is tyranny.

Old
01-26-2013, 12:22 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
Cakes!

vCash: 567
Quote:
Originally Posted by No Team Needed View Post
Timmins couldn't set Gauthier and Gainey straight about Ryan McDonaugh so I wouldn't try expecting him to have any pull here.
Gainey and Gauthier made that trade on their own. Timmins was never consulted.

Old
01-26-2013, 12:23 PM
Gary320

Quote:
Dave Stubbs ‏@Dave_Stubbs
Imagine if we'd had Twitter when #Habs traded Patrick Roy? We'd have vapourized the Internet
How true is this?.... I wonder where we would all be if Twitter wasn't around. We would all be reading newspapers probably.

Old
LPHabsFan

Send a message via AIM to LPHabsFan
Wow these threads are amazing. My guess is that there is very little to do with "attitude" stuff because if that was the case then the Habs would look to trade him rather than re-sign him since why would you want to sign a player to a deal regardless of how good he is if he's such a "cancer" in the room. I mean you would still want to but it wouldn't be a question of length.

Anyways, what a lot of this boils down to is money. As it stands right now, the Habs have about 10.5 million to sign 8 players + pk. While there aren't really any big name players to re-sign, most of that money will be used since one of those guys is Desharnais (2.5-3 million), a backup goalie (1-1.5 million) and a few 4th line/depth guys (between 650-1 mill each) and now you're at 60ish million with 4ish million to sign Subban. On top of that, the escrow is going to be set pretty high.

Just for comparison to the other rfa's New Jersey and Dallas had about 30 million in free cap space for next year before signing their guys whereas New York had about the same as Montreal.

Not only that, all of the guys who have been brought up were signed under an old economic system and aren't 100% comparable. Unless you want to lower their salary by 12.5% and then you'd get somewhat of a comparable.

For p.k., the best option is to sign a short year deal at 2 years and then once the NHL economics are settled, go for the big bucks because it's more than likely the cap will be going up after next year where there will be more freedom for the Habs to offer him a better contract.

Old
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:
Don't get me wrong. I love the guy, but PK Subban at 5 million makes ZERO sense. You are going to be handcuffed any time you want to sign a free agent in the future. They will use this whole scenario has a comparison, and you'll be screwed trying to sign free agents at a good price even more than we were before this deal...

I'm stressed out as a fan, I can't imagine how MB is at this point.
What are you talking about? First, 5 million for a top pairing blueliner is pretty standard.

Secondly, to get free agents you have to overpay and they usually aren't worth anywhere near the cash. Not only that but you aren't going to find any FAs who are 23, a top pairing defenseman and you can build your team around.

C'mon man...

Old
01-26-2013, 12:24 PM
WHY LIE GUY

I was with Bergevin until these numbers came out. If they're true, then Subban's comments make a little more sense to me now.

At that term, anything less than 3.5m per is an absolute joke.

Old
No Team Needed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
Gainey and Gauthier made that trade on their own. Timmins was never consulted.
Kind of my point.

Old
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Actually Timmins begged Gainey not to trade McDonagh.

Old
01-26-2013, 12:25 PM
No Team Needed

Quote:
How true is this?.... I wonder where we would all be if Twitter wasn't around. We would all be reading newspapers probably.
From what I recall, the media was very harsh on Roy and supportive of Tremblay all the way up to Le Trade.

Old
01-26-2013, 12:26 PM
Gary320

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
What are you talking about? First, 5 million for a top pairing blueliner is pretty standard.

Secondly, to get free agents you have to overpay and they usually aren't worth anywhere near the cash. Not only that but you aren't going to find any FAs who are 23, a top pairing defenseman and you can build your team around.

C'mon man...
Tell me how many years is the 5 million dollar deal and I'll reconsider.
I'm just not 100% set on giving this kid 5 million dollars. I'm not even sure how I feel if its a long term deal at 5 million or short term at 5 million. Just putting a price tag like that.. on him.. MAN it's going to put alot of pressure on you for the future.

Old
01-26-2013, 12:26 PM
MXD

Quote:
Originally Posted by otto bond View Post
Let's just say this is the case and your source is decent, let's see some proposal.
I'm one to not want to trade him but if I had to, my asking price would be high.
So from what I ear, the Flyers, Rangers,Florida, Toronto,Islanders,Detroit, Oilers, Nashville and Columbus are all teams that could have high interest in Subban.
Forget it Toronto and the Rags, no way I deal with them.

So From the Flyers, it has to be Couturier but since I want a defender coming back, it would have to be a package. Couturier-Coburn/Grossmann for PK-Eller? This I would consider.

From the Panthers land, Gudbranson but Florida would need to had but what?Picks?

Islanders....Nino plus or Strome, still want a dman coming back but who? Hamonic? not sure if I want to deal here.

Detroit has a big need but nothing there interest me, sure Datsyuk and company would but highly doughtfull they are moved plus I still want a Dman coming back. Ericsson?

Oilers have tone of youth to offer but like most, I want a damn coming back. Also I just don't see a trade here. It's not like they are going to move that core.

NAshville has nothing of interest for me aside from Weber.

Columbus....not sure what they could give since losing Nash to the Rags. Murray is out and I dought they move him since they picked him 2nd this last june.

I just can see or find a fit in trading Subban.
Would be okay, but very reason why the Flyers would target Subban isn't that Subban's is a great player, but that they also have a lot of holes on that D -- holes that are made even worse with Meszaros out for a while.

A no.1 D-Men is more important than a no.3 D-Men... but when the problem is the lack of a Top-6 D on a team, you don't trade one to get one.

Old
01-26-2013, 12:27 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
Cakes!

vCash: 567
Quote:
Kind of my point.
By several accounts Timmins was completely horrified/shocked that it happened. Does that sound like someone who was consulted?

Old
Habsawce

vCash: 670
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
Actually Timmins begged Gainey not to trade McDonagh.
My understanding was McDonaugh appeared to be regressing and Gainey gave Sather a choice between him and Fischer just like the Kovalev trade.

Kovalev trade Sather picked Balaj (sp) over Plekanec
Gomez trade Sather picked McDonagh over Fischer

Old
MXD

Quote:
From what I recall, the media was very harsh on Roy and supportive of Tremblay all the way up to Le Trade.
Where was Tremblay before getting the HC job?

Media.

1+1=2

Old
01-26-2013, 12:28 PM
PricePkPatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by MXD View Post
Would be okay, but very reason why the Flyers would target Subban isn't that Subban's is a great player, but that they also have a lot of holes on that D -- holes that are made even worse with Meszaros out for a while.

A no.1 D-Men is more important than a no.3 D-Men... but when the problem is the lack of a Top-6 D on a team, you don't trade one to get one.
Indeed. Flyers aren't gonna deal a D to us.

Another team could, in exchange of Eller, for example.

Old
01-26-2013, 12:28 PM
Roulin

Quote:
Originally Posted by LPHabsFan View Post
Not only that, all of the guys who have been brought up were signed under an old economic system and aren't 100% comparable. Unless you want to lower their salary by 12.5% and then you'd get somewhat of a comparable.
Marc Staal signed for 4 years, 3.975mil per, when the cap was 59.4mil. That's the comp I'd be looking at from the Habs' POV.

Closed Thread