HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Top 4 D-man and top 6 Winger to the Penguins

Old
01-26-2013, 09:33 AM
ginner classic

vCash: 500
As others have mentioned Kulemin, Stewart fit. As an outsider I'd love to see Iginla playing on Sid's wing until he retires. There is no better fit than that.

Vancouver if struggliing have Higgins, Raymond as ufas. Small cap hit. Cheap to acquire potentially.

Good luck finding D. There are ten teams desperate for help on the back end and another ten that need upgrades. Very few teams have players available. I can't see pittsburgh upgrading there.

ginner classic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 09:37 AM
dannyj10

What would the Leafs want for Kulemin?

Kunitz/Crosby/Duper
Kulemin/Malkin/Neal
No way you break up Geno n Neal

dannyj10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 09:37 AM
Rowdy Roddy Peeper
Golden Swallow

We don't need any top 4 d. We traded Michalek and went after Suter because he's Suter.

Since I don't think there are any Suter-calibre defensemen available out there, we're better off sticking with what we have. If we keep Lovejoy off the ice, I'm content with what we have in-house.

Rowdy Roddy Peeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 09:53 AM
mpp9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowdy Roddy Peeper View Post
We don't need any top 4 d. We traded Michalek and went after Suter because he's Suter.

Since I don't think there are any Suter-calibre defensemen available out there, we're better off sticking with what we have. If we keep Lovejoy off the ice, I'm content with what we have in-house.
Yep. Orpik/Martin+Niskanen+Letang is a good top 4. No need to **** with it. Team defense and the bottom pairing are our issues.

mpp9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 10:02 AM
Rowdy Roddy Peeper
Golden Swallow

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpp9 View Post
Yep. Orpik/Martin+Niskanen+Letang is a good top 4. No need to **** with it. Team defense and the bottom pairing are our issues.
I don't even have an issue with the bottom pairing. We have a lot of options there if the guys currently playing aren't consistent.

Old
01-26-2013, 10:07 AM
mpp9

Quote:
I don't even have an issue with the bottom pairing. We have a lot of options there if the guys currently playing aren't consistent.
Lovejoy better not see another game. But I'm sure he will.

Despres is our best expendable trade chip. Which leaves Engelland, who's been ****, and Bortuzzo. Who still hasn't seen a game. I'd like to see what he brings sooner than later.

Old
01-26-2013, 10:11 AM
gdsmack267

Ryan Clowe is exactly what the Pens need. Each of the top 2 lines needs a power foward type player who can also bury some goals. We already have one in Kunitz

gdsmack267 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 10:18 AM
OCPenguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by A1LeafNation View Post
So you want a difference maker for just picks...good luck with that.

BTW, Kulemin stays with the Leafs.
No, I would pair it with one of our five or six puck moving D-prospects that many want. I doubt Kulemin stays in Toronto.

OCPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 10:20 AM
OCPenguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phion Keneuf View Post
The thing you have failed to understand in multiple threads is that Kulemin can get 0 goals in a season and still be a very effective forward on both ends of the ice. The goals are bonus.

Malkin will help him score in bundles.
That would be a big false. To me, a Kulemin that scores less than 15 isn't worth anything more than a second rounder. Pretty foolish a 0 goal Kulemin would still be very effective on both ends on the ice. He would be a failure offensively.

Old
01-26-2013, 10:20 AM
A1LeafNation
Thanks Boston.

vCash: 566
Quote:
Originally Posted by OCPenguin View Post
No, I would pair it with one of our five or six puck moving D-prospects that many want. I doubt Kulemin stays in Toronto.
Because Toronto doesn't have defence prospects?

Gardiner, Rielly, Finn, Percy, Blacker....yeah thats what Toronto needs.

A1LeafNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 10:21 AM
Phion Keneuf
Top Dawg Ent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OCPenguin View Post
That would be a big false. To me, a Kulemin that scores less than 15 isn't worth anything more than a second rounder. Pretty foolish a 0 goal Kulemin would still be very effective on both ends on the ice. He would be a failure offensively.
Kulemin makes his teammates more effective.

He goes in the dirty areas, and gets the puck to them.

Phion Keneuf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 10:23 AM
OCPenguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus3007 View Post
Pretty sure Whitney was traded because Letang took his spot, not because he "sucks".
No, it was because he was terrible. He was the Pens whipping boy at the time and needed a change of scenery.

Old
01-26-2013, 10:27 AM
Ricky Bobby

Quote:
I have never misunderstood that. One can acquire strong, responsible wingers who score no goals with relative ease, which is why you never, ever see forwards who score 7 goals in a contract season come out earning 2.8 mil per.

You pay for production. It is not a bonus, it is a primary concern.
You also never see wingers have the team they growing up playing for parish in a plane crash. Last year is a bad year to analyze Kulemin by.

Kulemin is a 20-25 goal - 25-30 assist winger 2nd line winger who plays hard in all 3 zones. Put him with a guy like Malkin and he might become a 60 or 65 point guy.

Ricky Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 10:41 AM
Rowdy Roddy Peeper
Golden Swallow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky Bobby View Post
You also never see wingers have the team they growing up playing for parish in a plane crash. Last year is a bad year to analyze Kulemin by.

Kulemin is a 20-25 goal - 25-30 assist winger 2nd line winger who plays hard in all 3 zones. Put him with a guy like Malkin and he might become a 60 or 65 point guy.
He has to show that '10-'11 was less of an aberration than '11-'12 first. Paying for how things could work out in a best-case scenario is not how GMs operate.

Old
01-26-2013, 10:42 AM
Rowdy Roddy Peeper
Golden Swallow

Quote:
Lovejoy better not see another game. But I'm sure he will.

Despres is our best expendable trade chip. Which leaves Engelland, who's been ****, and Bortuzzo. Who still hasn't seen a game. I'd like to see what he brings sooner than later.
Engelland was fine the first two games. Nobody had a bad word to say about him, in fact. A couple clunkers aren't enough to make me throw a guy who was a perfect 3rd pairing defenseman last year on the disposable pile. Geez, Wild fans are all over Suter for how he's played this year, should he be traded too?

Old
01-26-2013, 10:46 AM
Oleg Petrov

Subban & Cole

for

Despres, Dumoulin, Bennett, 1st in 13 and Martin

Oleg Petrov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 10:58 AM
mpp9

Quote:
Engelland was fine the first two games. Nobody had a bad word to say about him, in fact. A couple clunkers aren't enough to make me throw a guy who was a perfect 3rd pairing defenseman last year on the disposable pile. Geez, Wild fans are all over Suter for how he's played this year, should he be traded too?
Huh? Lovejoy sucks. Shouldn't be in the lineup again. If Despres is moved then we don't exactly have alot of proven talent for our 5/6/7 spots.

Engelland is fine as a #6/7.

Old
01-26-2013, 11:00 AM
OCPenguin

Quote:
He has to show that '10-'11 was less of an aberration than '11-'12 first. Paying for how things could work out in a best-case scenario is not how GMs operate.

This is true - very true.

Old
01-26-2013, 11:00 AM
Dharvey33

Kaberle and Bourque

Dharvey33 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 11:07 AM
Hatrick Marleau
Nikolay GOALdobin

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdsmack267 View Post
Ryan Clowe is exactly what the Pens need. Each of the top 2 lines needs a power foward type player who can also bury some goals. We already have one in Kunitz
I knew someone would eventually bring up Ryane Clowe. Let me answer this now. We are not swapping Clowe for Tyler Kennedy and we are already stacked on D so we don't want any of your D prospects.

Hatrick Marleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 11:11 AM
BigBenSF*
Worst Behavior

vCash: 1441
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatrick Marleau View Post
I knew someone would eventually bring up Ryane Clowe. Let me answer this now. We are not swapping Clowe for Tyler Kennedy and we are already stacked on D so we don't want any of your D prospects.
Fine. What about Chris Kunitz?

BigBenSF* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 11:22 AM
Rowdy Roddy Peeper
Golden Swallow

Quote:
Huh? Lovejoy sucks. Shouldn't be in the lineup again. If Despres is moved then we don't exactly have alot of proven talent for our 5/6/7 spots.

Forgetting for the moment that we'd be getting back a considerable return for Despres if he were moved (which I don't see as too likely) - I don't know of many teams who could trade away a bottom-pairing defenseman and slot in a replacement better than we could.

It'd be nice if we still had Strait for the role though.

Old
01-26-2013, 11:25 AM
Ricky Bobby

Quote:
It is actually exactly how the league operates. GMs draft, trade and pay all based on calculated risks-projections.

Kulemin has a career year in 10-11 and last year his worst statistical year in 11-12 during his 4 seasons. Most people would have been off work with what he went through last season. Kulemin never missed a game cause of it.

Nobody is saying that Kulemin is the greatest thing since sliced bread. What he is though is a player who plays hard in all 3 zones, has a decent cap hit, can kill penalites well, is okay on the PP, is a big body presence but doesn`t take penalties, has chemistry with every player he has ever played with and stats wise should be around a 50 point player (+- 5 points either way) who might have a career year or two of closer to 65 points.

If Brouwer and Versteeg get 1st round picks in trade that is as a Leaf fan the type of return I wouldn`t go less then.

Ricky Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 11:25 AM
Hatrick Marleau
Nikolay GOALdobin

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBenSF View Post
Fine. What about Chris Kunitz?
Nah. Pretty much the only guy that would make sense from a Sharks perspective is Brandon Sutter. Everyone else is a downgrade.

Hatrick Marleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 11:26 AM
OCPenguin

Quote:

That is the problem. You move Despres to fill a hole, you open another gapping hole. We are probably a year away from Morrow being ready. I'm not sure replacing him with Mark Eaton is the answer.