HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Hockey Fights
Hockey Fights Discuss and rate hockey fights and fighters of today and from the past. Videos welcome!

Lucic floors Carkner

Closed Thread

Old
01-26-2013, 11:51 AM
loudi94
Master of my Domain

vCash: 50
I rank Lucic and Clowe as the 2 best fighting forwards in the league. Clowe maybe with an edge..

BTW, anyone else notice the forearm Lucic threw just before the knock down? Inadvertent, I'm sure, but had that connected it would have been lights out.

Old
01-26-2013, 12:05 PM
bud12

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by loudi94 View Post
I rank Lucic and Clowe as the 2 best fighting forwards in the league. Clowe maybe with an edge..

BTW, anyone else notice the forearm Lucic threw just before the knock down? Inadvertent, I'm sure, but had that connected it would have been lights out.
I don't understand. Mcgrattan is a forward and he fights!!maybe you want to said the best powerforward??

Old
01-26-2013, 12:05 PM
cneely

Quote:
Originally Posted by TieClark View Post
I'm assuming it's an old and horrible list considering Lucic doesn't fight heavyweights and carkner hasn't for 2 years
It's actually from last year's NHLPA players poll

http://www.playerspoll.ca/results/20...oughest-player

Old
01-26-2013, 12:09 PM
bud12

Quote:
Originally Posted by cneely View Post
It's actually from last year's NHLPA players poll

http://www.playerspoll.ca/results/20...oughest-player
toughest doesn't equal best fighter but even then, this list is stupid....

Old
01-26-2013, 12:13 PM
loudi94
Master of my Domain

Quote:
Originally Posted by bud12 View Post
I don't understand. Mcgrattan is a forward and he fights!!maybe you want to said the best powerforward??
No because that would open people up to debate what a power forward is. For example, you could say Erik Cole is a power forward. He can't fight for **** though These two are the best forwards that can also fight.

Old
01-26-2013, 12:14 PM
cneely

Quote:
toughest doesn't equal best fighter but even then, this list is stupid....
Sure, but fighting would certainly be a part of the criteria.
How is it stupid? It's a vote. The players opinions.

Old
01-26-2013, 01:27 PM
bud12

because Mcgrattan>all the bruins player. Because Chara rarely play tough, rarely make big hit and rarely fight and he suck at it. because Thornton isn't even in the top 5 in fighting department, etc,etc....

Old
01-26-2013, 01:41 PM
cneely

Quote:
because Mcgrattan>all the bruins player. Because Chara rarely play tough, rarely make big hit and rarely fight and he suck at it. because Thornton isn't even in the top 5 in fighting department, etc,etc....
So you know better than the players I guess.

Old
01-26-2013, 02:06 PM
bud12

so I guess you think Chara is a good fighter? and Lucic-Thornton are better than Mcgrattan? Whats next, Campbell is the best middleweight.....put your homer glasses off , this list is stupid even if its some players that made it

Old
01-26-2013, 02:16 PM
JMiller

Quote:
so I guess you think Chara is a good fighter? and Lucic-Thornton are better than Mcgrattan? Whats next, Campbell is the best middleweight.....put your homer glasses off , this list is stupid even if its some players that made it
The results probably are what they are because they asked a lot of players, not just enforcers. McGrattan isn't tough to play against for anyone who can skate. He's a nightmare to play against if you are the one guy who has to deal with him. Chara frightens everyone, Lucic can put you through the glass or to the ice, and like it or not, Thornton has beaten enough of the top 5 to be considered a top 5 fighter, he's also been around a while in both conferences and is willing to go so often that more players will have had to deal with him than McGratan and his 3 min of icetime.

Old
01-26-2013, 02:16 PM
cneely

Quote:
Chara can be a hell of a fighter. Google the YouTube of him and Koci.
Not sure why you would dispute this list or call me a homer. This is not my opinion, it's the opinion of the guys who actually play. I never mentioned Campbell once, and stated my opinion in this thread that Lucic is probably a top 15 fighter, certainly not top 5. And for that you call me a homer? Reading comprehension ftw.

Old
01-26-2013, 02:18 PM
TieClark

Quote:
Originally Posted by loudi94 View Post
No because that would open people up to debate what a power forward is. For example, you could say Erik Cole is a power forward. He can't fight for **** though These two are the best forwards that can also fight.
... but they aren't because almost every goon in the league is a forward.

This thread really is funny... simply because I point out that Lucic isn't a heavyweight when it is implied the Bruins fans come storming in losing their heads about it and then get completely off topic talking about how Lucic is so amazing because he scores and fights and hits and is young when all we were talking about was fighting in the first place. I don't get it... Leaf fans don't feel the need to defend Kessel if someone calls him soft... he is.

Old
01-26-2013, 02:22 PM
cneely

Quote:

This thread really is funny... simply because I point out that Lucic isn't a heavyweight when it is implied the Bruins fans come storming in losing their heads about it and then get completely off topic talking about how Lucic is so amazing because he scores and fights and hits and is young when all we were talking about was fighting in the first place. I don't get it... Leaf fans don't feel the need to defend Kessel if someone calls him soft... he is.
Nobody is losing their heads, we're simply presenting evidence that he is a legit heavyweight. Evidence that you continually ignore because you have some sort of agenda / hate for Lucic.
His fight card shows he's fought plenty of heavyweights from the time he was 19 and is doing increasingly well against them, as shown by his tko of Carkner last night. He was voted by his peers as the toughest guy in the league. All of this you choose to ignore.

Old
01-26-2013, 02:27 PM
TieClark

Quote:
Nobody is losing their heads, we're simply presenting evidence that he is a legit heavyweight. Evidence that you continually ignore because you have some sort of agenda / hate for Lucic.
His fight card shows he's fought plenty of heavyweights from the time he was 19 and is doing increasingly well against them, as shown by his tko of Carkner last night. He was voted by his peers as the toughest guy in the league. All of this you choose to ignore.
No it doesn't... I already answered this and received a plethora of comments about how he doesn't have to fight heavyweights because he's a valuable player and he does other things, including one PM calling me a moron and an idiot. Yet I never said anything to the contrary...

Carkner is not a heavyweight, Erskine is not a heavyweight... the only times he's fought a real heavyweight was Orr and he lost. That's fine... he isn't a heavyweight. I just don't get this NEED for Boston fans for him to be something he's not just because everyone loves him there.

A random anonymous vote a him beating a guy who hasn't fought a heavyweight in 2 years due to be knocked silly doesn't change anything.

Old
01-26-2013, 02:29 PM
SilverSeven

Quote:
Carkner hasn't been the same since Orr dropped him a few years ago... he only has a handful of fights since then too
He made Orr miss a ton of time after that and then play with a visor. Its since his knee went.

Old
01-26-2013, 02:30 PM
SilverSeven

Quote:
Fighting a losing battle. People still claim Neil doesnt fight heavyweights

Old
01-26-2013, 02:40 PM
TieClark

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSeven View Post
He made Orr miss a ton of time after that and then play with a visor. Its since his knee went.
He was great to watch... him and Orr went toe to toe every Ottawa/Toronto game and they seemed to rotate winning until Orr knocked him silly. He then fought a couple of heavyweights after that but has not since he fought Parros in January of 2011... over 2 years ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSeven View Post
Fighting a losing battle. People still claim Neil doesnt fight heavyweights
He doesn't beat heavyweights

Old
01-26-2013, 02:40 PM
cneely

Quote:
No it doesn't... I already answered this and received a plethora of comments about how he doesn't have to fight heavyweights because he's a valuable player and he does other things, including one PM calling me a moron and an idiot. Yet I never said anything to the contrary...

Carkner is not a heavyweight, Erskine is not a heavyweight... the only times he's fought a real heavyweight was Orr and he lost. That's fine... he isn't a heavyweight. I just don't get this NEED for Boston fans for him to be something he's not just because everyone loves him there.

A random anonymous vote a him beating a guy who hasn't fought a heavyweight in 2 years due to be knocked silly doesn't change anything.
I've listed his fight card. Orr, Rosehill, Carkner, Ivanans etc... There are more than 3 heavyweights in the league.
We don't need him to be a heavyweight at all. We have Thornton in the lineup to fill that role. The fact is he's a tough hombre and I'm not sure why people have such a hard time admitting that.

Old
01-26-2013, 02:45 PM
TieClark

Quote:
I've listed his fight card. Orr, Rosehill, Carkner, Ivanans etc... There are more than 3 heavyweights in the league.
Lost to Orr, lost to Ivanans, Rosehill while willing to go isn't at their level at all and like I said with Carkner... he fought him now when he hasn't fought anyone of note in over 2 years.

Quote:
We don't need him to be a heavyweight at all. We have Thornton in the lineup to fill that role. The fact is he's a tough hombre and I'm not sure why people have such a hard time admitting that.
This is what I mean... this kind of stuff continues to be brought up as a passing fact in a thread specifically about fighting. This didn't get into "he's a better player than any of these guys" but to flip the last sentence towards you, I'm not sure why Boston fans have such a hard time admitting he's NOT a heavyweight. It's like they need to believe he's the meanest mofo in the league that also scores and adopted the baby jesus.

Old
01-26-2013, 02:49 PM
leeroggy

As a long time Islander fan (back to the beginning), Lucic is the closest clone to Bobby Nystrom I've seen. Nystrom not only could fight but also had 7 20+ goal seasons while displaying his toughness when it was most needed, as opposed to just silly histrionics. I can't put him in Clark Gillies' league; Lucic still would need to take his offense to another level for that.

Old
01-26-2013, 02:50 PM
bud12

Quote:
Chara can be a hell of a fighter. Google the YouTube of him and Koci.
Not sure why you would dispute this list or call me a homer. This is not my opinion, it's the opinion of the guys who actually play. I never mentioned Campbell once, and stated my opinion in this thread that Lucic is probably a top 15 fighter, certainly not top 5. And for that you call me a homer? Reading comprehension ftw.
Chara suck at fighting. Is fight again Koci was one of is best but look the other one.This is why I called you a homer.
p.s: The nose of Koci was broken before the fight to........

And for the list, you mentionned that fighting was a big part of the criteria. So its absurd to think that the 3 bruins players are ahead of Mcgrattan, this is why I think this list is ********.....

Old
01-26-2013, 02:59 PM
loudi94
Master of my Domain

Quote:

Best forward. Can also fight better than any other forward that can score lots of points.

BTW I'm a Habs fan. I just know the Bruins and Sharks have gems.

Old
01-26-2013, 03:02 PM
bud12

^^

so best top 6 fighters.....

Old
01-26-2013, 03:02 PM
PJ StockBB

Quote:
Lost to Orr, lost to Ivanans, Rosehill while willing to go isn't at their level at all and like I said with Carkner... he fought him now when he hasn't fought anyone of note in over 2 years.

This is what I mean... this kind of stuff continues to be brought up as a passing fact in a thread specifically about fighting. This didn't get into "he's a better player than any of these guys" but to flip the last sentence towards you, I'm not sure why Boston fans have such a hard time admitting he's NOT a heavyweight. It's like they need to believe he's the meanest mofo in the league that also scores and adopted the baby jesus.
i would love for you to tell us who you do think are heavyweights in the NHL?

Old
01-26-2013, 03:11 PM
Lilou
t-.-t

Well you got to give Carkner credit. Yeah he's lost every fight against a heavyweight but he never wimps out. Won't surprise me if he drops them with Orr a few times this season.

Closed Thread