HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

P.K. Subban Thread - MK VIII - 'Week-end of Angst' Edition

Closed Thread

Old
01-26-2013, 12:13 PM
JustAHabFan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PricePkPatch View Post
Right now, I'd say Prust/Bouillon bring more to the team than Subban could. Simply because they bring something we did not had, while Subban brings something that we have; just more of it and a bit sideways.
This is the most stupid thing I have ever heard. Now I really think you are actually MB. It explained the whole mess that we are in.

Old
haburger

bergevin in the drivers seat is looking scarier by the day.if he screws this up i will be counting down the days til he gets axed.

Old
No Team Needed

Quote:
And what the **** are you talking about?

Without Subban, this team has no skill whatsoever?
Without Subban, the team is missing a significant portion of their short term and long term skill. Absolutely. We're missing 20 minutes a game of Subban's skill in two zones. Yet Montreal barely lost to Toronto and beat two teams who haven't got their **** together so hurray, let's rely on Andrei Markov! I'm sure he's 100% healthy to carry the blue line on his back all year!

Old
01-26-2013, 12:14 PM
jrk

the way I see it

In my opinion Marc Bergevin is doing the right thing. By keeping the same offer, PK is left with 2 choices: signing or not playing this year.

By saying no PK will not be able to play at all this year and that will lower his value. Next year when he will be elligable for arbitration, he will have to accept a contract that is lower then his real value. PK has alot to loose in my opinion if he does not want to go through a transition contract. Of course PK assumed that the habs would not be able to win without him, giving him the best argument to let him play this year. If he says no, injuries and an loosing strike before the trade deadline could help him get the contract he wants.

By saying yes Pk will have a great chance to prove he is worth 6 to 7 millions a year for 6 to 7 years. He will get back what he was supposed to receive for the next year and a half he has been offered. Michel Therrien won't have to use him in a way that could hurt him and he is great with youngster. The only thing that could go against him is the league income that will set the cap in 2 years from now. If PK believes in himself, he should be accepting the contract and prove his worth in a winning environment.

Old
01-26-2013, 12:14 PM
haburger

and if markov goes down again?

Old
01-26-2013, 12:15 PM
sheed36

Quote:
Originally Posted by No Team Needed View Post
Subban signs a five year, $3.3M per year offer sheet. Bergevin walks with a second round pick because it wasn't his bridge.
Again the new numbers on the right in that chart are rough estimates but 3.3M should be a 1st and 3rd. The first 2 columns in that chart are no longer valid I was told last night so I'm only going on what another member said.

Edit.. That is if that chart with the new #'s is valid for this year.

Last edited by sheed36: 01-26-2013 at 12:22 PM.
Old
01-26-2013, 12:15 PM
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
Renaud Lavoie reports the Habs are offering 5 million over two years to Subban. 2.2 million first year, 2.9 for next season.

That's not an offer, that's an insult.
There are those numbers again... please tell me it's not accurate.

If it is accurate then... WTF is wrong with MB?????????????

Old
01-26-2013, 12:16 PM
PricePkPatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustAHabFan View Post
This is the most stupid thing I have ever heard. Now I really think you are actually MB. It explained the whole mess that we are in.
Nah. I've been saying all along that MB is stupid for being so dogmatic.

Old
JustAHabFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by onebighockeyfan View Post
RFA don;t have that much negotiating powers. They can refuse to show up to camp and not sign the offers on the table or wait for offer sheets. If those offer sheets don't come they either sign what's on the table or stay at home. I think this is what PK is realizing now since MB is not budging and he has no interesting offer sheets being presented.
Is that how you want to treat one of your best young player? Let me screwed you because you are vulnerable?

Old
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrk View Post
In my opinion Marc Bergevin is doing the right thing. By keeping the same offer, PK is left with 2 choices: signing or not playing this year.

By saying no PK will not be able to play at all this year and that will lower his value. Next year when he will be elligable for arbitration, he will have to accept a contract that is lower then his real value. PK has alot to loose in my opinion if he does not want to go through a transition contract. Of course PK assumed that the habs would not be able to win without him, giving him the best argument to let him play this year. If he says no, injuries and an loosing strike before the trade deadline could help him get the contract he wants.

By saying yes Pk will have a great chance to prove he is worth 6 to 7 millions a year for 6 to 7 years. He will get back what he was supposed to receive for the next year and a half he has been offered. Michel Therrien won't have to use him in a way that could hurt him and he is great with youngster. The only thing that could go against him is the league income that will set the cap in 2 years from now. If PK believes in himself, he should be accepting the contract and prove his worth in a winning environment.
Theat's fine except that those aren't his only two options. He can demand a trade.

We can try to make him sit and I guess we could force him to sit but that's an ugly situation. I could understand this tactic if we were offering something reasonable but not if it's what we're hearing the offers are for.

One tactic we might want to think about (if we haven't already done so) is making a fair offer. He just might accept it.

Old
01-26-2013, 12:17 PM
Jigger77

Quote:
Originally Posted by No Team Needed View Post
Opinions like this are scary because they seem to imply the puck gets carried by grit and truculence and not by skill.
No, they don't. They show that some people understand what a team is. Prust and Bouillon have been great at doing what they are supposed to do right now. Bringing them up in this thread is just grasping at straws and short sighted.

Old
PricePkPatch

Quote:

He also has the choice to sign an offer sheet

Old
haburger

Quote:

what the hell is a "transition" contract?the same as a "bridge" contract?did you not see the large list of players coming off they re elc"s and signing large deals or are you blind?they dont exist.

Old
Marc the Habs Fan

vCash: 597
Renaud Lavoie's update in his blog: http://legrandclub.rds.ca/profils/60.../154013/public

Old
01-26-2013, 12:18 PM
PricePkPatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
Theat's fine except that those aren't his only two options. He can demand a trade.

We can try to make him sit and I guess we could force him to sit but that's an ugly situation.
He cannot "demand" a trade. He can request one, and can threaten to no sign until he gets one. But he cannot "demand" one.

Old
01-26-2013, 12:19 PM
cphabs
It complels you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Gonzo View Post
So you really think that Meehan is willing to compromise his integrity, actively work against his clients just so he can make his 3%?

The guy has half the NHL signed to his company, but he's going to screw over one of his clients for a quick buck?
Thanks. Maybe this is more than just signing a player. Both could be trying to set standards in the new CBA.

Old
01-26-2013, 12:20 PM
haburger

Quote:
There are those numbers again... please tell me it's not accurate.

If it is accurate then... WTF is wrong with MB?????????????
either mb really is this dumb or pk really is not a quality player.im going with the rookie gm who has zero experience as the ass in this mess.

Old
01-26-2013, 12:20 PM
PyrettaBlaze*

Yup, we're going to lose him. I can't ****ing believe it... $5M over two years? Pathetic. I'm pissed.

Old
01-26-2013, 12:21 PM
Dr Gonzo
#1 Jan Bulis Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by cphabs View Post
Thanks. Maybe this is more than just signing a player. Both could be trying to set standards in the new CBA.
That's an interesting point. Meehan represents so many players, that it's in his best interest to up the ante. That being said, I hope PK isn't just a toy for both Meehan and Bergevin to get their points across.

Old
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:
He cannot "demand" a trade. He can request one, and can threaten to no sign until he gets one. But he cannot "demand" one.
Demand/request... same thing.

Like I said, we can force him to sit but it's a bad situation.

Old
sheed36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
The cap is still 70.2 M. It's next year that it goes down.
That's what I thought but when I used the compensation numbers for the 70.2M cap for any Subban offersheet I was told I was wrong and was shown the chart I posted with the new compensation numbers. I don't know who's correct now.

Old
01-26-2013, 12:22 PM
Jigger77

That is a very very good point.

I am sure that offer was higher before the new CBA.

Old
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 50
Quote:

Forgot the option where Subban asks for a trade.

Old
jrk

Quote:
He also has the choice to sign an offer sheet
That won't happen because, all the teams had the chance to do it before the lockout and in the past few weeks. No team is going to let go many picks for a chance to win a 48 games seasons. If that has to happen, it will be next summer when every teams know where they stand in a 82 games season and if the fans are back or not.

Old
No Team Needed

Quote:
Demand/request... same thing.

Like I said, we can force him to sit but it's a bad situation.
What I don't understand is why a one year deal hasn't been thrown into the mix yet. Haven't heard anything about it. Makes the most sense to me. You're at an impasse. Take a one year, play until the team is done and talk again. Now you have three years until Subban is UFA eligible.

I guess the threat is Subban taking the team to arbitration.

Closed Thread