HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Teddy Purcell

Old
01-26-2013, 11:37 AM
Follower of Yzlam
Believe the Yzerplan

vCash: 1159
Teddy Purcell

Just curious. Tampa has a ton of Top-6ish talent in the AHL, and while Ryan Malone is the more obvious winger to be moved, wondering what type of price Teddy would fetch.

Follower of Yzlam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 11:45 AM
Rowdy Roddy Peeper
Golden Swallow

vCash: 500
Penguins would be very interested. What sort of return you want?

We got good defense prospects out the yin-yang.

Rowdy Roddy Peeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 11:48 AM
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score

vCash: 5555
Are the Lightning happy with their goaltending?

Vankiller Whale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 11:57 AM
ohnoeszz

What does Tampa need? Dmen?

I've wanted Purcell on the Canucks for a couple years now since secondary scoring has been an issue. He's less necessary now with Kassian stepping up but the Canucks are still weak at RW at least until Kesler returns moving Schroeder back to the 3rd and Burrows back to winger. In the end they need a playmaking RW to go with Kesler and whichever of Booth/Raymond emerges. To me Burrows looks like a natural at 3C so far and I think keeping him there would be a huge benefit to the Canucks.

Id move Luongo+ (Schroeder, Raymond, Booth, Ballard, Higgins, picks in play - which of that can Tampa use?) for Purcell but that really depends on how much TB likes Luongo and if they think their group right now can contend(personally I don't think you waste any years of having stamkos particularly with an aging St. Louis).

ohnoeszz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 12:01 PM
hlaverty06

Devils would offer Tallinder/Volchenkov+Burlon for Ted Purcell

hlaverty06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 12:05 PM
OCPenguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowdy Roddy Peeper View Post

I truly don't think Purcell would be available, but this is the kind of cat I'd go in for if I were Shero. I have liked his game for a while.

OCPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 12:19 PM
Follower of Yzlam
Believe the Yzerplan

Well, we have Brewer and Salo currently in the top 4, and while they're VERY good for us, and while we do have some guys in the A that figure to make the jump to the big club in a few years, I think Dmen would be the main desire. As far as goaltending, I think we're in pretty good shape with a lot of young guys who may make a jump soon (Tic will probably be backup next year, Vasilevski will probably eventually be our starter, but years down the road).

At the same time, we're very much in "Win now" mode, so it would probably have to be a Dman that can contribute now.

Old
01-26-2013, 12:27 PM
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score

Hedman/Carle/Brewer/Healthy Salo is a pretty decent top-4. I wouldn't mind doing a deal around Luongo for Malone+, if that's of interest. I haven't seen any Tampa games yet this season, but stat-watching leads me to think Lindback hasn't been that good, and Vasilevski is likely 6+ years from making the NHL as a starter, which is probably around the same time Luongo retires. So...

Old
01-26-2013, 12:31 PM
Rowdy Roddy Peeper
Golden Swallow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pronounced Anders View Post
Well, we have Brewer and Salo currently in the top 4, and while they're VERY good for us, and while we do have some guys in the A that figure to make the jump to the big club in a few years, I think Dmen would be the main desire. As far as goaltending, I think we're in pretty good shape with a lot of young guys who may make a jump soon (Tic will probably be backup next year, Vasilevski will probably eventually be our starter, but years down the road).

At the same time, we're very much in "Win now" mode, so it would probably have to be a Dman that can contribute now.
Unfortunately the Pens don't have much to spare on that front.

Old
01-26-2013, 12:33 PM
Follower of Yzlam
Believe the Yzerplan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
Hedman/Carle/Brewer/Healthy Salo is a pretty decent top-4. I wouldn't mind doing a deal around Luongo for Malone+, if that's of interest. I haven't seen any Tampa games yet this season, but stat-watching leads me to think Lindback hasn't been that good, and Vasilevski is likely 6+ years from making the NHL as a starter, which is probably around the same time Luongo retires. So...
True, and Aulie has been a revelation as a #5. Lindback has played pretty well actually, although he let in a softy last night. I don't think Tampa wants another albatross of a contract, we're pretty happy with our goaltending at the moment. In my opinion it's more for depth. Being able to roll three pairings would be great, because right now when Lee/Bergeron are on the ice I avert my eyes.

Question, could Purcell be a piece to pry Tanev from you guys?

Old
01-26-2013, 12:38 PM
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score

Quote:
True, and Aulie has been a revelation as a #5. Lindback has played pretty well actually, although he let in a softy last night. I don't think Tampa wants another albatross of a contract, we're pretty happy with our goaltending at the moment. In my opinion it's more for depth. Being able to roll three pairings would be great, because right now when Lee/Bergeron are on the ice I avert my eyes.

Tanev would require overpayment to get, that said I can't imagine Tampa would be willing to trade Purcell for Tanev. It would definitely get me thinking, but we don't have anyone to replace Tanev at the moment, plus he's a fan favourite. But it really is a tempting offer. I think NJD or Buffalo would be better options in terms of them having expendable defensemen.

Old
01-26-2013, 12:40 PM
Rowdy Roddy Peeper
Golden Swallow

Quote:

Am I missing something here?

Old
01-26-2013, 12:44 PM
Follower of Yzlam
Believe the Yzerplan

Quote:

Am I missing something here?
Honestly, I had no idea Purcell was valued so highly around the league.

Old
01-26-2013, 12:46 PM
MichiganWolverines
Big Mac Attack

Quote:

Wouldn't you rather give Beau Bennett a chance? They're both similar players, and it's unlikely that Tampa Bay will trade him, since they lack depth offensively.

MichiganWolverines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 12:51 PM
alexmanu

The Preds would definitely be interested if Purcell became available. Not sure who you would want from us, any ideas?

alexmanu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 12:53 PM
Rowdy Roddy Peeper
Golden Swallow

Quote:
Honestly, I had no idea Purcell was valued so highly around the league.
He's a big playmaking RW coming off a 65 point season...I mean, only 12 RWs scored more than him last season. Playing with stars or not, that's a pretty impressive feat.

I'm not sure why you'd have to add to acquire a guy like Tanev. Frankly, I'm not sure why Tanev would even be in the same ballpark, value-wise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiganWolverines View Post
Wouldn't you rather give Beau Bennett a chance? They're both similar players, and it's unlikely that Tampa Bay will trade him, since they lack depth offensively.
Purcell's an established producer. I like Bennett as much as anyone, but Purcell's done it.

Old
01-26-2013, 01:09 PM
Satan
why did she go

vCash: 50
If Vancouver was offered Purcell for Tanev straight up, they take that deal and run.

Satan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 01:13 PM
Rowdy Roddy Peeper
Golden Swallow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Gary Oak View Post
If Vancouver was offered Purcell for Tanev straight up, they take that deal and run.
No kidding. Who the **** is Chris Tanev?

Old
01-26-2013, 01:27 PM
stryfe604
Believes in Yzergod

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexmanu View Post
The Preds would definitely be interested if Purcell became available. Not sure who you would want from us, any ideas?
Weber

In all seriousness, I really like Josi. Add where necessary.

We won't move Purcie though. He meshes well with Vinny and Stammer. Now he is showing he plays well with Caldercher (). He is our jack of all trades on our top 6. Plus he resigned, why would he move him?

stryfe604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 01:37 PM
Follower of Yzlam
Believe the Yzerplan

Quote:
Originally Posted by stryfe604 View Post
Weber

In all seriousness, I really like Josi. Add where necessary.

We won't move Purcie though. He meshes well with Vinny and Stammer. Now he is showing he plays well with Caldercher (). He is our jack of all trades on our top 6. Plus he resigned, why would he move him?
Tbf I started the thread. Just thinking his production could be replaced next year and we could get some good pieces out of him.

Old
01-26-2013, 01:45 PM
The Fear Boners
Plz stop pucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
lol no

The Fear Boners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 01:51 PM
Follower of Yzlam
Believe the Yzerplan

Would Colorado be interested in Purcell for O'Reilly? What would we have to add?

Old
01-26-2013, 01:57 PM
StringerBell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Gary Oak View Post

True. Tanev has arguably been our best player to start the year (along with Kassian, and to a lesser extent Edler) but Purcell is a far more established commodity. With that said, the trade would probably do more harm than good to the cap structure, so I honestly wouldn't be surprised if management wouldn't do it for money reasons. We already have $18.7 million locked up in our top 4, so cheap, capable defenders are going to be instrumental to success going forward.

StringerBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 02:00 PM
Ivan13
Avs/Habs fan

vCash: 50
Quote:
Would Colorado be interested in Purcell for O'Reilly? What would we have to add?
There's no deal to be made here. I love Purcell and I'd do dirty things to get him to Denver, but Avs main need is a top pairing d-man and they can't afford to move Radar until Stastny is signed to a longterm deal.

Ivan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 07:49 PM
McTank

Leopold+McNabb+gerbe

McTank is offline   Reply With Quote