HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Pens-Flames

Old
01-26-2013, 12:34 PM
Epic Neal Time

vCash: 500
I'd do it.

What about acquiring Iggy + Stempniak?

Despres + Tangradi +1st 2014 + 2nd 2013 + 5th 2013

For

Iginla + Stempniak

Penguins lineup

Stempniak-Crosby-Iginla
Kunitz-Malkin-Neal
Dupuis-Sutter-Kennedy
Cooke-Vitale-Adams

Niskanen-Letang
Orpik-Martin
Lovejoy/Bortuzzo-Engelland

Fleury
Vokoun

Epic Neal Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 12:38 PM
GetThePuckOut

vCash: 1081
I saw Tangradi in junior, I was never a big fan of his.

It's an interesting proposal but I'd rather see another D prospect in place of Tangradi. Even while giving up Despres there's still a logjam. Pittsburgh can afford it.

GetThePuckOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 12:39 PM
MichiganWolverines
Big Mac Attack

Screw Lee Stempniak. The only players I'm interested in are Jarome Iginla (not going to happen), Curtis Glenncross (unlikely) and Michael Ferland.

MichiganWolverines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 12:42 PM
Epic Neal Time

Which prospect were you thinking? Calgary would have to add, IMO, to get
Maatta, Pouliot, Morrow, or Harrington in addition to Despres.

Bortuzzo would be available, but would hurt because he's the most ready after Despres and we need the D now.

Epic Neal Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 12:44 PM
GetThePuckOut

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiganWolverines View Post
Screw Lee Stempniak. The only players I'm interested in are Jarome Iginla (not going to happen), Curtis Glenncross (unlikely) and Michael Ferland.
Glencross is probably a lot less likely than Jarome is. IMO if there is a rebuild, Glencross would be one of the ones to stick around. I'm not even sure if he'd waive his NTC in the first place, let alone if the Flames would ever ask him to. There's no reason for Calgary to trade him.

Old
01-26-2013, 12:47 PM
OCPenguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightBlazer View Post
Glencross is probably a lot less likely than Jarome is. IMO if there is a rebuild, Glencross would be one of the ones to stick around. I'm not even sure if he'd waive his NTC in the first place, let alone if the Flames would ever ask him to. There's no reason for Calgary to trade him.

If there is a rebuild? Seriously? Your organization needs a rebuild.

Iggy ain't resigning in Calgary. You have few answers in your farm system, if any and there is a reason why Calgary is in the outside looking in for the play-offs.

Again, I wish Calgary well and hope it gets back to being Calgary. That said, maybe you really need to learn your organization a bit better and where it stands in the food chain. A dose of reality is needed.

OCPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 12:48 PM
MichiganWolverines
Big Mac Attack

Quote:
That's why I said it's unlikely that Calgary would trade him.

Old
01-26-2013, 12:49 PM
GetThePuckOut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epic Neal Time View Post
Which prospect were you thinking? Calgary would have to add, IMO, to get
Maatta, Pouliot, Morrow, or Harrington in addition to Despres.

Bortuzzo would be available, but would hurt because he's the most ready after Despres and we need the D now.
Well if they were all available I'd personally be looking at Morrow, depending on how much we'd have to add. Of course Backlund, Bartschi, and Gaudreau are off the table from our POV.

Old
01-26-2013, 12:51 PM
GetThePuckOut

Quote:
Originally Posted by OCPenguin View Post

Iggy ain't resigning in Calgary. You have few answers in your farm system, if any and there is a reason why Calgary is in the outside looking in for the play-offs.

Again, I wish Calgary well and hope it gets back to being Calgary. That said, maybe you really need to learn your organization a bit better and where it stands in the food chain. A dose of reality is needed.
This is coming from a guy who thought Lee Stempniak was a 13 goal scorer, that Glencross was worth a 2nd, and that Matt Cooke and Pascal Dupuis stacks up against Calgary's wingers. With all due respect, I'll get my advice from somewhere else.

Old
01-26-2013, 12:52 PM
GetThePuckOut

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiganWolverines View Post
That's why I said it's unlikely that Calgary would trade him.
Right. It just seemed like your post implied that Iginla is less likely than Glencross, which IMO isn't the case.

Old
01-26-2013, 12:55 PM
MichiganWolverines
Big Mac Attack

Quote:
Right. It just seemed like your post implied that Iginla is less likely than Glencross, which IMO isn't the case.
Well, he's the face of your franchise. I expect him to retire as a Flame. But, I understand your opinion, I just can't see him getting traded.

Old
01-26-2013, 12:57 PM
Hans Rutherford
Oh no... my brains

I think we could find a better player for our worthless second round picks.

Hans Rutherford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 01:03 PM
OCPenguin

Quote:
This is coming from a guy who thought Lee Stempniak was a 13 goal scorer, that Glencross was worth a 2nd, and that Matt Cooke and Pascal Dupuis stacks up against Calgary's wingers. With all due respect, I'll get my advice from somewhere else.

If you are fine with the direction your franchise is going, whatever direction that is, and are fine with this supposed great talent that you continue to build them up with, then so be it.

Good luck ... you will need it.

Buy the way, I take Dupuis over Hudler, Tanguay, Stempy for starters. He does alot more in the confines of a game than those guys of yours.

Agree to disagree

OCPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 01:05 PM
Stewie Griffin
Benevolent Overlord

vCash: 734
Quote:

If you knew as much about the Flames organization as you claim, you'd know why there's not, nor will there be, a tear it down and lose every game style rebuild.

A team can rebuild without being dead last, you know.

Stewie Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 01:19 PM
GetThePuckOut

Quote:

Buy the way, I take Dupuis over Hudler, Tanguay, Stempy for starters. He does alot more in the confines of a game than those guys of yours.

Agree to disagree
You'll have to agree to disagree with the rest of the world on that one.

Old
01-26-2013, 01:24 PM
KIRK

Quote:
Dude, Pens fan here . . . that paragraph smackdown is epic.

3rd and a middling player/prospect for Stempniak is top price, IMO. I'm not devaluing him. I'm just saying this is a two round deep draft, so a 2nd this year is worth a bit more than the typical year.

IMO, if Iginla wants/is willing to move, then I think he's the guy the Pens really would want, and I think we've agreed that we'd make pretty good partners in that (unlikely) even.

Oh, by the way, I'll up the offer for Glencross to a 2nd and Tangradi. Better?

KIRK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 01:58 PM
sparxx87

Quote:
HE ISN'T WORTH A SECOND ROUND PICK. He is a third line guy on most teams in the NHL. You said it yourself ... last year he played LIMITED THIRD LINE minutes for Calgary, a terrible team. That sums it up for me. He might have value, but not a second round pick. That goes in a package for a significant piece, not a minor upgrade over Kennedy.

I'd rather give a second for Glencross personally.
Glencross won't be dealt for a second round pick..

Please suggest a better option, considering other teams needs?

Calgary was terrible because of their lack of top end centreman and top 4 d, not because of their depth at wing.. Stempniak needs to play with a playmaking centreman; something he's never really had..

You can make a case that Stempniak isn't worth a second, but he's likely the best option you'll get for what will likely be 56-60 overall.. That second rounder isn't helping the Pens on the ice anytime soon..

You can argue Kennedy vs Stempniak all day too, but its really Stempniak vs Tangradi because up until last night he was in the top 6... Sure, bump Kennedy up, but that puts Tanner Glass on the third line..

Stempniak for a 2nd is a big upgrade on the wing for a team who'd be willing to part with this player to give Baertschi more minutes..

Lets not forget that Pittsburgh could also use another top 4 defensive d man that will likely mean taking on more salary as well..

Realistically I'd love to see Iginla or Perry on Crosby's wing, but that's not happening without giving up multiple significant pieces and taking on 7+ million in cap. NTM both could possibly walk after this year for nothing as UFA.

Stempniak is a RH finisher, capable of putting up 20-25 and possibly more playing with one of the two best centreman in the world... He really is a very similar player to Pascal Dupuis, except RH and more skilled..

So, please suggest a better option that the other team would be on board with, taking into consideration that Pittsburgh likely needs another top 4 dman if they hope to contend for the cup? Taking on 7 million dollar Iginla doesn't leave many options to fill out the rest of the roster this and next year.

sparxx87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 02:09 PM
Ugene Malkin
BŁck Dich Baby!

He won't supplant, Dupuis. Not worth doing.

We need a bit more than, Stempniak. Unless he's going to slot onto the Malkin line. That could work.

It has nothing to do with the fairness, a 2nd for Stempniak is more than fair.

Pens can pay more and they should for better alternatives.

Ugene Malkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 02:14 PM
UnderratedBrooks44

Any top 6 capable winger would be worth a trade. Seriously. Trading a pick or two for a guy that can at least fill a void is well worth it to me. That lets us put the 3rd line back together, keep Crosby's line together, and no dead weight on Malkin's line. Makes perfect sense IMO.

UnderratedBrooks44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 02:18 PM
sparxx87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ugene Malkin View Post
He won't supplant, Dupuis. Not worth doing.

We need a bit more than, Stempniak. Unless he's going to slot onto the Malkin line. That could work.

It has nothing to do with the fairness, a 2nd for Stempniak is more than fair.

Pens can pay more and they should for better alternatives.
What better alternatives are there? Ones that could be available?

I think the comparison should be between him and Tangradi. Tanner Glass isn't a 3rd liner, and that's where he plays when Kennedy is bumped up..

Stempniak would be some skill inserted into what's predominantly a group of grinding wingers.. Sure, there's lots of better wingers out there, most of which aren't available or would cost significantly more..

Old
01-26-2013, 02:23 PM
UnderratedBrooks44

Vinny Prospal is who I'd want. Again we don't need anyone special just someone to fill the role. Boyes or Stempniak would be other cheap options if it was between them and nothing.

UnderratedBrooks44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 02:23 PM
sparxx87

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnderratedBrooks44 View Post
Any top 6 capable winger would be worth a trade. Seriously. Trading a pick or two for a guy that can at least fill a void is well worth it to me. That lets us put the 3rd line back together, keep Crosby's line together, and no dead weight on Malkin's line. Makes perfect sense IMO.
That was my thinking.. It's a deal that works for both teams..

He's a skilled player who scores in bunches... A guy whose never really played with a gifted playmaker and would greatly benefit from playing with one of the best two centreman in the world... He's got a heavy shot, good wheels and is solid in all three zones... He would fit the system perfectly and provide something they need desperately; a RH one shot scorer.

Old
01-26-2013, 02:29 PM
sparxx87

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnderratedBrooks44 View Post
Vinny Prospal is who I'd want. Again we don't need anyone special just someone to fill the role. Boyes or Stempniak would be other cheap options if it was between them and nothing.
I thought of Boyes, but the Islanders don't have the depth at wing that Calgary has, and Snow is likely to hike up the price to anyone in the division. I also think Stempniak is more versatile.

Old
01-26-2013, 03:30 PM
Riptide

Quote:
Originally Posted by CGYPUKSUX View Post
Stempniak would be a good fit in Pittsburgh. He'd add some size, grit and not hurt the finishing ability on a line. Give us a 2nd rounder and a warm body with a contract about to expire and we'll call it a day.
LOL!!

Height: 5-11 Weight: 196lbs

He might add size in Montreal, but not here.

"Itís not as if Donald Fehr was lying to us, several players said. Rather, itís as if he has been economical with information, these players believe, not sharing facts these players consider to be vital."
Riptide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 05:46 PM
CGYPUKSUX
The No Kool-aid Zone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewie Griffin View Post
If you knew as much about the Flames organization as you claim, you'd know why there's not, nor will there be, a tear it down and lose every game style rebuild.
The Flames are going to have that forced upon them in the next couple of years.

Quote:
A team can rebuild without being dead last, you know.
Again, the Flames are going to feel what a bottom feeder rebuild feels like, and soon. Everyone knows it but the KoolAid drinkers.

CGYPUKSUX is offline   Reply With Quote