HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Tampa Bay Lightning
Notices

1/25/13 - 7:30PM EDT - Ottawa VS Tampa Bay

Old
01-26-2013, 04:07 AM
B2k3
#Yzerteam

vCash: 500
I gotta say, I'm done with Lee. Is there any benefit to playing him anymore? Even if we run 7D, I can't see a reason (barring injury, god forbid) to play him over Aulie/Mikkelson/MAB at this point.

B2k3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 04:26 AM
IdealisticSniper

Lee is garbage. Play Mikkelsson and thats it. Lee has single handedly cost us about 6 goals against thus far. I dont know what happened to him but he is absolutely brutal right now.

Lindback still isnt impressing me. Im borderline worried again whenever there is any shot on net. His rebound control is still terrible and he seems way to sporadic for my liking. I just hope he grows into the role he has been given. The offense has bailed him out a few times now. Its not gonna be like that every time. Spezzas goal was terrible for him to let in. Not much he could do on the breakaway goal, the tic tac toe goale or the Hedman deflection goal though. Jury is still very much out but thus far is been just barely enough to get the job done and frankly he needs to be better.

Overall they played pretty well but I dont know what it is about second periods but they better figure it out quick. Its already cost them one game they should have easily won. Almost cost them tonight. Needs to be fixed ASAP.

PP needs tweaking also. Marty needs to shoot more. Everyone needs to shoot more for that matter. Although I will say zone entry was a bit better tonight.

Hopefully we get going and win on Sunday also.

IdealisticSniper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 05:30 AM
Benders Lindyhop

I think Lindback will be ok. He was shaky last night, but let's give the Sens their due, that's a good team. Leaving aside his size (OMG 13ft of goalies! Shut it PK!), his potential is there. He moves really well, he gives up a metric **** ton of rebounds, but is starting to kick most of them to the outside. He also faces a lot of shots and has been hung out to dry with the breakaways, more than once.

Now if I could just convince Canucks fans that we are not going to trade for Luongo...

Benders Lindyhop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 06:04 AM
LightningStrikes
SFY

vCash: 133
Canucks fans were right after all when they said Salo is a beast when he's healthy. I was impressed with his play in his first three games but last night was downright god mode.

As for Lee: I really thought he played well for us last season. Either our defense was so bad it made him look good or he was in fact better than he is now. Or both.

LightningStrikes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 07:37 AM
HoseEmDown

Lee hasn't looked good but I wouldn't call him a complete disaster just yet. He's currently the only minus player we have but a couple of goals can't be blamed on him. The penalties need to stop though. I don't think him snd Aulie should be a pair as they both are too aggressive and leave the other in bad position. MAB played less than 6 minutes and most wss in first when we had 4 PP, I'd take Lee who can play in all situations over him. If Mikkelson was a righty im sure he'd be getting more opportunities but it's hard to roll 5/6 L and 1 R.
Some other players need to step up too, Purcell hasn't done anything since the opener, Pouliet has been quite, 3/4 liners have had lots of energy but besides Pyatt haven't given any secondary scoring which is a problem.

HoseEmDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 07:46 AM
Felonious Python
Purple Squirrel

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoseEmDown View Post
Lee hasn't looked good but I wouldn't call him a complete disaster just yet. He's currently the only minus player we have but a couple of goals can't be blamed on him. The penalties need to stop though. I don't think him snd Aulie should be a pair as they both are too aggressive and leave the other in bad position. MAB played less than 6 minutes and most wss in first when we had 4 PP, I'd take Lee who can play in all situations over him. If Mikkelson was a righty im sure he'd be getting more opportunities but it's hard to roll 5/6 L and 1 R.
Some other players need to step up too, Purcell hasn't done anything since the opener, Pouliet has been quite, 3/4 liners have had lots of energy but besides Pyatt haven't given any secondary scoring which is a problem.
Yes, quite.

I noticed BP got some time with the top six though.

Felonious Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 09:08 AM
CC321

Quote:
If Mikkelson was a righty im sure he'd be getting more opportunities but it's hard to roll 5/6 L and 1 R.
Gudas is a RHD. The Bolts are enjoying having so much depth on D, but frankly we are risking giving away points and maybe a playoff berth because of how badly Lee is playing right now. I suspect Lee was playing for a contract extension last year, he got one, now he has gone back to being himself. We have 10-11 NHL caliber D, more than enough to cover injuries. Trade Lee for a pick or waive him and let Cooper try to screw his head on straight. Call up Gudas.

CC321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 10:07 AM
Felonious Python
Purple Squirrel

If the lack of RHD are a problem, you know who might be available for the right price?

Old
01-26-2013, 10:25 AM
kisin

Can't believe I'm saying this but Mikkelson looks like a superstar in comparison with Lee. I'm horrified by his performances so far. Yet I still believe he'll bounce back and will be solid again.

Anyway, does anyone know what songs are playing in the background?
http://video.lightning.nhl.com/video...sole?id=196055
http://video.lightning.nhl.com/video...sole?id=196055

kisin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 11:20 AM
Realize

Send a message via ICQ to Realize Send a message via MSN to Realize Send a message via Skype™ to Realize
Wow, last night's game was much much fun watch.

I really hope the GAA will be better soon, (although as long as we're scoring, everything is well).

I love to see Tampa in Blue and Black again...

Realize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 11:53 AM
Felonious Python
Purple Squirrel

There were several mentions on the broadcast to the good conditioning of the Lightning.

Do you even lift?
Yes ☑ No ☐

Quote:
Guy Boucher tells the media today that Anders Lindback will get the call in net tomorrow against the Flyers.
https://twitter.com/TBLightning/stat...28116924764161

Old
01-26-2013, 12:21 PM
Follower of Yzlam
Believe the Yzerplan

vCash: 1159
Anders played okay, and he's been REALLY strong in third periods, which is his major saving grace right now. Only the goal by Spezza can I really put on him, but holy **** was that a soft one to let in.

Lee must never play again.

Follower of Yzlam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 12:25 PM
hfgreg
Obviously...

I like Boucher going back to Lindback. We are playing a struggling Flyers team that is plagued by injuries and are coming off a game the night before. This should be a good chance for Anders to gain his form.

hfgreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 12:27 PM
Vasilevskiy
I've many surnames

I'm fine with Anders out there, just like I'm when Garon is playing, it feels good to be confident in our goalies for once.

I can't believe I'm going to say this but... I prefer Norris winner MAB before Lee. (and of course Mikkelson before those two).

Glad we finally won Ottawa

Vasilevskiy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 12:35 PM
Follower of Yzlam
Believe the Yzerplan

I posted on the trade boards, but was wondering... what would you guys think about moving Purcell? I know Malone is the most likely guy to be moved, but I feel that we would lose some top 6 grit and a more versatile player, while Purcell seems to have a skillset that is more easily replaceable in our system, while probably giving a better return.

Old
01-26-2013, 12:41 PM
vsk92
Alltid IFK

How has Salo played so far?

vsk92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 12:43 PM
Follower of Yzlam
Believe the Yzerplan

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsk92 View Post
Amazing. +8 and is a rock defensively while good offensively.

Old
01-26-2013, 12:45 PM
berlin
wait...... what?

great game

berlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 12:47 PM
Follower of Yzlam
Believe the Yzerplan

Quote:
Originally Posted by berlin View Post
great game
Maybe it's just me... I see Purcell as a floater a lot, and think we should sell while he still has real value. Then again, while I like Teddy, I've never been his biggest fan.

You edited... but yeah.

Old
01-26-2013, 12:52 PM
Yzlamic Extremist

vCash: 629
Missed this game last night, I was pretty disappointed.

Luckily, I don't have to watch the games. All I need to do is look at our whopping +7 goal differential to know that we're a contending team using HFBoards logic. Am I doing it right?

Yzlamic Extremist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 12:55 PM
chasespace

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsk92 View Post
Superbly, he just needs a sturdier brand of sticks and he will be perfect.

chasespace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 01:02 PM
HoseEmDown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pronounced Anders View Post
I posted on the trade boards, but was wondering... what would you guys think about moving Purcell? I know Malone is the most likely guy to be moved, but I feel that we would lose some top 6 grit and a more versatile player, while Purcell seems to have a skillset that is more easily replaceable in our system, while probably giving a better return.
For what? We need a top 4 RHD but I don't see Purcell fetching that. I also don't know who'll replace him in top 6, Connolly and Killorn are becoming better places in the A and should stay all season. We really don't have a true weakness right now, we need our goaltending and secondary scoring to improve but that's it so far.

HoseEmDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 01:10 PM
Follower of Yzlam
Believe the Yzerplan

Quote:
For what? We need a top 4 RHD but I don't see Purcell fetching that. I also don't know who'll replace him in top 6, Connolly and Killorn are becoming better places in the A and should stay all season. We really don't have a true weakness right now, we need our goaltending and secondary scoring to improve but that's it so far.
The trade boards seem to think he could fetch a bit. I'm kind of surprised at his value according to some HFers, to be honest.

And you're right, we don't have any gaping holes to fill, but if one of our Top 4 go down, we'd be dressing Lee and/or Bergeron every night. Think about that for a second.

Old
01-26-2013, 01:10 PM
The Wyzerhood
A league of his own

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pronounced Anders View Post
Maybe it's just me... I see Purcell as a floater a lot, and think we should sell while he still has real value. Then again, while I like Teddy, I've never been his biggest fan.

You edited... but yeah.
I think Purcell's production could be replaced after this season by Connolly, and I'd like to see a center prospect like Mark McNeill coming our way in exchange. We need some more size and grit for our third line and someone who can win face-offs, as it's been a weakness for us the past two seasons.

The Wyzerhood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 01:11 PM
Follower of Yzlam
Believe the Yzerplan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mile High View Post
I think Purcell's production could be replaced after this season by Connolly, and I'd like to see a center prospect like Mark McNeill coming our way in exchange. We need some more size and grit for our third line and someone who can win face-offs, as it's been a weakness for us the past two seasons.
Isn't that what Namestnikov is supposed to bring?

Here's an idea... Ryan O'Reilly?