Notices

Gulutzan/Jerrad Fired + New Coaching Search Discussion

Closed Thread

Old
01-26-2013, 12:54 PM
cmwang

vCash: 500
Gulutzan/Jerrad Fired + New Coaching Search Discussion

I've put up with his terrible lines and use of morrow/robidas.

But how can you scratch Larsen?

Last edited by MetalGodAOD: 05-14-2013 at 12:28 PM.
Old
01-26-2013, 12:55 PM
MetalGodAOD
Star Rangers

Not gonna happen, we're stuck with him.

Old
01-26-2013, 01:39 PM
Hull Fan
trou du cul rapide

Fire Gulutzan

I'm officially done. Baffling, stupefying, irrational, bizarre coaching decisions seem to the hallmark of his tenure here in Dallas.

Larsen being scratched for Rome is only the latest.

If someone can explain these decisions to me I'd appreciate it.

Morrow is currently second of all forwards in PP TOI. He currently has a minute more of play than Jagr. 3 minutes more than Roy. 4 minutes more than Eriksson and yes approximately 5 minutes more than Ryder on the power play.

Do we really need another rehash of Robidas-Goligoski as a pairing?

Morrow-Fiddler-Nystrom getting more ice time than first Smith-Eakin-Garbutt then Smith-Wandell-Garbutt.

I love my team but he makes it so hard to root for them only to finish 9-14th again.

Old
01-26-2013, 01:41 PM
Hull Fan
trou du cul rapide

pique, I was beat to it. Can you move my post/thread in here?

Thx.

Old
01-26-2013, 01:43 PM
txomisc

I think Gully was always a guy who is supposed to learn and grow into the job. I dont think he will be fired this season but I wouldnt be shocked to see him and GMJN on the way out after this year.

Old
01-26-2013, 01:50 PM
Sports
McDavid

Mmm.
Lets hold off until after the game on this one.
I know what most of us think will happen, but lets wait and see.

Old
01-26-2013, 02:02 PM
cmwang

At least it sounds like he put Smith in the top six and not morrow. But it sounds like another forward is hurting, so there is still a chance he moves him up. We all know he wants to

Old
01-26-2013, 02:05 PM
Elysian
@AdamBath

Scratching Larsen is the dumbest thing he could possibly do.

Old
01-26-2013, 02:14 PM
StarsFan74

As per Brandon Worley on DBD:

Larsen has not been good this season.

He’s getting the scratch not because of the penalties, but because he’s struggled with getting pushed off the puck and he’s not moving it well right now. Rome goes with Daley, he can provide more physical presence on 2nd pair and give Dillon and Benn a game to work together again — who may be a better pairing anyway.

Old
01-26-2013, 02:15 PM
Dirty Kari

Larsen's development is being ruined by the organization. He is a smart player that is more than willing to be physical with players despite his size. He gets the least amount of TOI and virtually zero PP itme. It is a joke.

Old
01-26-2013, 02:19 PM
cmwang

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarsFan74 View Post

Hes getting the scratch not because of the penalties, but because hes struggled with getting pushed off the puck and hes not moving it well right now. Rome goes with Daley, he can provide more physical presence on 2nd pair and give Dillon and Benn a game to work together again who may be a better pairing anyway.
DBD also loves Robidas and Morrow. The entire defense has been struggling, but other than Daley, Larsen is the least of their problems.

Old
01-26-2013, 02:21 PM
Ambassador Of Fun

Yeah, to be fair, Larsen has looked like just a guy out there so far this season. He hasn't been worse than Robidas, but still hasn't inspired much confidence.

Old
01-26-2013, 02:21 PM
Hull Fan
trou du cul rapide

Quote:

Hes getting the scratch not because of the penalties, but because hes struggled with getting pushed off the puck and hes not moving it well right now. Rome goes with Daley, he can provide more physical presence on 2nd pair and give Dillon and Benn a game to work together again who may be a better pairing anyway.
I swear it's like Brandon just issued a press statement for the organization. Has Larsen been the best defenseman this year? No but again no one wants to point a finger at how terrible and ineffectual the pair of Robidas-Goligoski has been. If we want to make a point about poor play gets you benched why don't we start with the worst players.

Old
01-26-2013, 02:24 PM
txomisc

Quote:

I seem to often disagree with Worleys hockey opinions and this is no exception.

Old
01-26-2013, 02:26 PM
txomisc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Kari View Post
Larsen's development is being ruined by the organization. He is a smart player that is more than willing to be physical with players despite his size. He gets the least amount of TOI and virtually zero PP itme. It is a joke.
It is really worrying considering how guys like grossman, niskanen and fistrics never took the next step needed. Hell Goligoski has regressed. There may be something wrong with the way the organization coaches Dmen.

Old
01-26-2013, 02:31 PM
txomisc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hull Fan View Post
I swear it's like Brandon just issued a press statement for the organization. Has Larsen been the best defenseman this year? No but again no one wants to point a finger at how terrible and ineffectual the pair of Robidas-Goligoski has been. If we want to make a point about poor play gets you benched why don't we start with the worst players.
I'd say Larsen has been the Stars 2nd best dman this year behind Daley. Its not saying alot because theyve been pretty mediocre, but he has clearly been better than the others, imo.

Old
01-26-2013, 02:33 PM
Stars99Lobo37
Away Games - 13

Quote:

DBD gets worse by the day.

Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs - 1997 to 2011 - WPHL Champions 1998, 1999, 2000 - CHL Champions 2011
Old
01-26-2013, 02:34 PM
piqued
Global Moderator
anyone order a dman?

vCash: 131
Quote:

He’s getting the scratch not because of the penalties, but because he’s struggled with getting pushed off the puck and he’s not moving it well right now. Rome goes with Daley, he can provide more physical presence on 2nd pair and give Dillon and Benn a game to work together again — who may be a better pairing anyway.
Well if Brandon Worley agrees you know it must be wrong.

Gulutzan isn't the coach to lead this team. He'll probably be gone in the offseason along with Nieuwendyk when Gaglardi installs his own front office.

Old
01-26-2013, 02:40 PM
StarsFan74

Quote:
Originally Posted by piqued View Post
Well if Brandon Worley agrees you know it must be wrong.

Gulutzan isn't the coach to lead this team. He'll probably be gone in offseason along with Nieuwendyk.
I don't think Worley said Gulutzan is the coach to lead the team. He only commented on this solitary decision by Gulutzan, which he happens to agree with, and even a bad coach can be right about a thing or two.

FTR, I neither agree nor disagree with Worley on Larsen. I merely posted an opinion from a group of people who, IMO, seem to watch the game more closely than I do.

BTW, just curious but why does Nieuwendyk leave this off-season along with Gulutzan? I see no reason for Gaglardi to fire him.

Old
01-26-2013, 02:51 PM
piqued
Global Moderator
anyone order a dman?

vCash: 131
Owners don't typically tie their legacy to people they didn't hire.

And a GM who has never made the playoffs (extenuating circumstances or not) isn't exactly in an entrenched position.

Old
01-26-2013, 02:52 PM
Elysian
@AdamBath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stars99Lobo37 View Post
DBD gets worse by the day.
I still look at it, mostly for the daily links since it's links to other peoples work, but I have a hard time taking a site that has such problems with grammar and spelling seriously. Their 'articles' are always littered with errors. I understand they don't get paid but come on, sometimes it's so blatant it's irritating.

Old
01-26-2013, 02:59 PM
StarsFan74

Quote:
Originally Posted by piqued View Post
Owners don't typically tie their legacy to people they didn't hire.

And a GM who has never made the playoffs (extenuating circumstances or not) isn't exactly in an entrenched position.
You may have a point, but Nieuwendyk got the job done on Jamie Benn and that, in Gaglardi's eyes, has to count for something.

That said, if he indeed is gone based on his inability to make the playoffs (I agree that the ambivalent nature of the team's direction under JN irked me a lot), then we should be somewhat worried for it may be Gainey who takes charge.

Old
01-26-2013, 03:02 PM
Stars99Lobo37
Away Games - 13

Quote:
You may have a point, but Nieuwendyk got the job done on Jamie Benn and that, in Gaglardi's eyes, has to count for something.

That said, if he indeed is gone based on his inability to make the playoffs (I agree that the ambivalent nature of the team's direction under JN irked me a lot), then we should be somewhat worried for it may be Gainey who takes charge.
I think Recchi has a better chance at taking over that position than Gainey does.

Old
01-26-2013, 03:06 PM
cmwang

The problem with GM Joe is he has made some good moves, but a even larger number of idiotic moves.

My biggest problem is with the Neal trade. I was not against trading Neal, but if you do you better get a top pairing d-man back. I'm rooting for goligoski but I'm not sure hes even a number 4 on a decent team. And what made it all worse was all the other GMs coming out after saying why didn't we hear Neal was available. If he just shopped Neal a bit I bet he would have received a top pairing dman (someone like bogosian)

Old
01-26-2013, 03:10 PM
Hull Fan
trou du cul rapide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stars99Lobo37 View Post
I think Recchi has a better chance at taking over that position than Gainey does.
I'd prefer Recchi or someone outside of this organization. The plethora of former players doesn't bring a whole lot of new ideas to the table and it appears this organization could use some new ideas.

Closed Thread