HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

P.K. Subban Thread - MK VIII - 'Week-end of Angst' Edition

Closed Thread

Old
01-26-2013, 01:12 PM
haburger

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by No Team Needed View Post
Wow, two more disrespectful, attitude injected bums I'd never want to see wear the CH
ya who would want these players anyways?i hear they re bad in the dressing room too.

Old
01-26-2013, 01:14 PM
No Team Needed

Quote:
Originally Posted by haburger View Post
ya who want these players anyways?
I don't want 50 goal scorers on Montreal or a point per game centerman, I want respect and integrity!

Old
01-26-2013, 01:15 PM
Rozz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Roy View Post
You guys are so funny.

Sure 5M$ is low but PK has to learn that he isn't bigger than the team. He has some attitude issues to solve and he needs to mature if he wants to reach the next level. He is already a great defenseman but he tends to make some mistakes. Don't get me wrong, the potential is definitely there but he needs to stop acting like he was the second coming of Orr.

You want to be a superstar PK? We want it too.
Prove it and you will get the contract you deserve.

I wouldn't go higher than 2.75M$ per. I might be an idiot like Bergevin is right now... Come on guys!
Comments like this that keep being Regurgitated over and over on this board are really starting to dumb down the atmosphere in here.

1. no where has PK ever stated that he is bigger than the team
2. this "he has a bad attitude" BS is only made up on this board and on RDS
3. "maturing" is only the matter of time and learning that comes with being in the NHL for longer and longer, and yes that kind of maturing applies for PK like it does with every other player in the effin world... not something specific to PK cause of his "attitude" problem.
4. he will reach his potential on this team or another .. which ever can recognize the rare talent he is and will be willing to pay him accordingly .. not try and force him into a disgustingly low offer

its becoming redundantly clear that all those who try and defend a 2 year bridge contract for 5 mil offer like it is the part of the 10 commandments or something.. especially in the case of PK.. are either so stuck on them selves that they can stop supporting MB side in this even after we all have found out that he is offering a ridiculously low offer because they cant admit that they were wrong.. or they are lacking in their cognitive functionality due to extreme lack of sleep or way to many narcotics .. or just pure hating on Subban.

all that being said...

PLZ SOMEONE STOP THE MADNESS AND GET PK SIGNED TO THE CANADIENS ASAP!

Old
01-26-2013, 01:15 PM
Phil Parent
Is Watching The D

vCash: 50
Quote:
may be limiting???
Ok, it is. But no matter what, this is what it is until we all speak english and it no longer is. Give it 50 years. And it's an off-topic issue in here.

Old
01-26-2013, 01:16 PM
habtastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habtchum View Post
Who to beleive ? It does notmake sense to have the same offer than 8 months ago in terms of $ figures.

But the two year bridge contract seems casted in concrete for Bergevin.

3,5 million per year would be just fine like Letang will make this year and next.

4 million would be sweet.

Both parties are playing their last cards.
Just wondering: You would prefer that when the deal gets done, that we end up paying PK more? If he agrees to 3.5, then isn't that better? Or do you mean how much Bergevin is willing to go up to? I'm not even sure that 4M would get the job done even though that's more than enough for 2 years before he makes big coin.

Old
01-26-2013, 01:17 PM
Phil Parent
Is Watching The D

I'd want Stamkos and Tavares. What does that have to do with anything?

Old
01-26-2013, 01:17 PM
haburger

i agree .i dont want a young #1 d man who can play all situations on my team either.winning is overrated.when can we get rid of galchenyuk?

Old
01-26-2013, 01:18 PM
pepperMonkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Parent View Post
Great he played with one for one game instead of coming to town to be with almost the whole team. That makes him a great teammate.

Erik Cole lives in Carolina, he was here. Gionta lives in Jersey, he was here too. Gorges lives in BC doesn't he? He was here. Price was here a while he lives out west. Eller lives in Denmark and he was here until he signed in Europe.

So what's his excuse?
What's with all the "Team first", "Team is everything", "Nothing else matters but the Team" mentality?
Last I check, for a lot of people, including NHL players, the team isn't the first priority in their lives.
For Subban it could very well be that his priority is simply "Family".
But oooooh noooo! "Family"??? What a disgrace! Anyone who takes "Family" over the "TEAM" must be thrown out!!! A traitor!
Seriously, some people need to take their heads out of the sand and simple realize that the Habs isn't everything to some or all of these players.
Again, I'm not saying the reason he stayed in Toronto is because of "family", just that it could be a distinct possibility. And yes, some don't mind moving away and living in their teams city. But this doesn't have to be everyone.
People simply have different and individual priorities in life. Deal with it.

Old
01-26-2013, 01:19 PM
jrk

Quote:
Originally Posted by habtastic View Post
Because

1) It is already quite evident that getting an UFA (who are expensive) like Prust was a great move
2) Boullion in the past two games has been very good, adds grit to the back end and is not the worst signing
3) This whole PK wanting THAT much was a bit of a surprise to us all. Fair enough, MB should have signed him first, but for whatever reasons, the two sides didn't get around to it during UFA season. Bergevin had to make moves 1 and 2 with the assumption that PK would not all of a sudden have acquired all-star status.

The thing that I hope PK realizes is the bind that he puts this team in by demanding more. I'm sure it's been pointed out to him. By taking a 2 year deal for what is still IMO fair (3M), he does the team and himself a great service. Instead, it's me me me. I grant that he is worth it in the long run, but it's not ridiculous to ask him to do this two year deal and let us sort out the cap for the future. I'm really disturbed by the fact that his holiness is going to force us to get rid of players who could be helpful to us. People forget that PK does not by himself make the team win. He helps as a group so it's like adding one and subtracting two. 3.5M/year for 2 would be great, only cuz I now have very low expectations for how much PK is willing to be fair.

If he had signed a 3M/year contract for 2 years at the outset, nobody would be making statements like "PK really got lowballed!, or, "We got PK at a discount!" This is what we expected for him coming off his ELC. Once he pulled a L'oréal moment, people started defending his case since we don't want to lose him. I don't think anyone (or not too many at least) were predicting THIS in terms of PK's requests/demands before they happened.

Anyway, get it done. Enough is enough. I just dropped a ton on the game vs Boston on Feb 6th. He better be there. IF Bergeving is still offering 2.5 or 2.75/year, then yeah, he's being foolish, not cuz PK is a god, but because it's clear that PK will not accept it and increasing to 3-3.5 won't kill the organization...I hope.

edit: Re: Carbo's inside scoop. Meehan never said Carbo was wrong. Since it was a figure/attitude that looked bad on PK, he simply said "I don't know how Carbo could have access to such privileged info.", which is what an agent WOULD say in that situation. I'm not convinced Carbo was wrong.

Don Meehan probably wants PK to accept the offer because he knows PK can make alot more in 2 years from now. It is all about proving himself again. I firmly believe that PK will gain 5 m$ more in the next 6 years by accepting a 2 years contract now. I can totaly understand why Marc Bergevin wants to see PK proove himself with the new coach before signing him long term.

Old
01-26-2013, 01:20 PM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

I guess we'll know sooner than enough what happens with PK having to think things over this weekend about the offer and what he's gonna do. Monday could get intriguing.

Old
haburger

Quote:
Ok, it is. But no matter what, this is what it is until we all speak english and it no longer is. Give it 50 years. And it's an off-topic issue in here.
this has nothing to do with everyone spaeking english pal.it has to do with the fact the habs dont hire THE best man available.this is what we get as a result.a complete circus.

Old
No Team Needed

Quote:
I'd want Stamkos and Tavares. What does that have to do with anything?

If Subban is such a catalyst for off ice issues and attitude problems and is such a cancer as people around here like to assume, then I guess his friends must be too.

Too many people care more about what a player does off the ice than on it.

Old
Habtchum*

Quote:
Just wondering: You would prefer that when the deal gets done, that we end up paying PK more? If he agrees to 3.5, then isn't that better? Or do you mean how much Bergevin is willing to go up to? I'm not even sure that 4M would get the job done even though that's more than enough for 2 years before he makes big coin.
If he agrees for 3,5, great but he deserves to be the third most paid defenseman on this team right now behind Marvov and Kaberle who have way more experience than him.

Old
01-26-2013, 01:21 PM
holyhabs87

vCash: 2009
Meeting with family over the weekend? Sounds a like a life changing decision is about to be made. Me no like.

Old
01-26-2013, 01:22 PM
No Team Needed

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepperMonkey View Post
Again, I'm not saying the reason he stayed in Toronto is because of "family", just that it could be a distinct possibility. And yes, some don't mind moving away and living in their teams city. But this doesn't have to be everyone.
LPS, the group Subban trains with, also trains his brothers. So yes, family is a part of it.

Old
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

So clearly, let's say PK has no choice but to accept this ridiculous offer. You can be absolutely SURE that he will ask then, REALLY, for Drew Doughty's money for 7-8 years in his next contract. He will feel as if he needs to recuperate that money he lost in this stupid bridge contract, hence the ridiculous amount he will be asking for, ridiculous but TOTALLY in his right to ask for it.

So then....without the bridge excuse, will surely come the "structural" excuse from Bergevin who will obviously find that this demand makes no sense, to which Subban will then demand another 2 years and then get the hell out as soon as possible.

People, EVEN if Subban signs the bridge contract, at the point we are now, it means so much that you will have a Subban that will remember it and will make us pay at the end, whether it's cap wise, or whether it's by seeing him leave without getting anything in return.

Last edited by Whitesnake: 01-26-2013 at 01:28 PM.
Old
haburger

i heard beaulieu is stuck up and self centered down in hamilton.he has to go.

Old
01-26-2013, 01:23 PM
Rozz

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolasprICE View Post
True. But, if PK Subban was Haitian and raised in Quebec, he'd be signed.

@GMolsonCHC #signsubban
Point. set. and match!

well done

Old
JustAHabFan

Quote:
Because

1) It is already quite evident that getting an UFA (who are expensive) like Prust was a great move
2) Boullion in the past two games has been very good, adds grit to the back end and is not the worst signing
3) This whole PK wanting THAT much was a bit of a surprise to us all. Fair enough, MB should have signed him first, but for whatever reasons, the two sides didn't get around to it during UFA season. Bergevin had to make moves 1 and 2 with the assumption that PK would not all of a sudden have acquired all-star status.

The thing that I hope PK realizes is the bind that he puts this team in by demanding more. I'm sure it's been pointed out to him. By taking a 2 year deal for what is still IMO fair (3M), he does the team and himself a great service. Instead, it's me me me. I grant that he is worth it in the long run, but it's not ridiculous to ask him to do this two year deal and let us sort out the cap for the future. I'm really disturbed by the fact that his holiness is going to force us to get rid of players who could be helpful to us. People forget that PK does not by himself make the team win. He helps as a group so it's like adding one and subtracting two. 3.5M/year for 2 would be great, only cuz I now have very low expectations for how much PK is willing to be fair.

If he had signed a 3M/year contract for 2 years at the outset, nobody would be making statements like "PK really got lowballed!, or, "We got PK at a discount!" This is what we expected for him coming off his ELC. Once he pulled a L'oréal moment, people started defending his case since we don't want to lose him. I don't think anyone (or not too many at least) were predicting THIS in terms of PK's requests/demands before they happened.

Anyway, get it done. Enough is enough. I just dropped a ton on the game vs Boston on Feb 6th. He better be there. IF Bergeving is still offering 2.5 or 2.75/year, then yeah, he's being foolish, not cuz PK is a god, but because it's clear that PK will not accept it and increasing to 3-3.5 won't kill the organization...I hope.

edit: Re: Carbo's inside scoop. Meehan never said Carbo was wrong. Since it was a figure/attitude that looked bad on PK, he simply said "I don't know how Carbo could have access to such privileged info.", which is what an agent WOULD say in that situation. I'm not convinced Carbo was wrong.
1) Getting UFA and be **** towards one of your most promising RFA is not a good policy.
2) Had he signed PK there is not much of a need to sign Bouillon
3) MB is a GM. His job is to set priorities on which player to sign.
4) You put the burden on PK and blame him for not signing the contract. Put yourself on PK shoes, what would you so if the team offered you the same salary as Prust, and according to the journalists, has not moved away from that offer the whole summer.

Old
Phil Parent
Is Watching The D

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepperMonkey View Post
What's with all the "Team first", "Team is everything", "Nothing else matters but the Team" mentality?
Last I check, for a lot of people, including NHL players, the team isn't the first priority in their lives.
For Subban it could very well be that his priority is simply "Family".
But oooooh noooo! "Family"??? What a disgrace! Anyone who takes "Family" over the "TEAM" must be thrown out!!! A traitor!
Seriously, some people need to take their heads out of the sand and simple realize that the Habs isn't everything to some or all of these players.
But PK says the Habs are pretty much everything to him and says he wouldn't want to play for anyone else and loves the city. Yet, he is holding out for more money (Yes, just like the PA holding out, this is a hold out), and stayed far away from his teammates and the city during a lockout during which lots of his teammates, including many who's hometowns are farther away from Montreal than his, came to town and stayed here. So, why wasn't PK here during the lockout?

Old
01-26-2013, 01:24 PM
Et le But

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
So clearly, let's say PK has no choice but to accept this ridiculous offer. You can be absolutely SURE that he will ask then, REALLY, for Drew Doughty's money for 7-8 years in his next contract. He will feel as if he needs to recuperate that money he lost in this stupid bridge contract, hence the ridiculous amount he will be asking for, ridiculous but TOTALLY in his right to ask for it.

So then....without the bridge excuse, will surely come the "structural" excuse from Bergevin who will obviously find that this demand makes no sense, to which Subban will then demand another 2 years and then get the hell out as soon as possible.

People, EVEN if Subban signs the bridge contract, at the point we are now, it means so much that you will a Subban that will remember it and will make up pay at the end, whether it's cap wise, or whether it's by seeing him leave without getting anything in return.
And that's why this makes no sense to me. This doesn't save money. I know more contracts come off the books in a few years...so why not free up even more space for when that time comes by locking in Subban now? We aren't spending anything until Gomez and Kaberle are off the books, and we have a few more free agencies coming up soon, like Desharnais.

We don't know how much Subban is asking for. But if he is willing to take 5 for 5 or whatever..how is that a bad thing? All he needs to do is break the 40 point barrier and you can guarantee he will ask for Doughty money if he's lowballed right now. Penny wise and dollar foolish.

Old
01-26-2013, 01:25 PM
haburger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post

People, EVEN if Subban signs the bridge contract, at the point we are now, it means so much that you will a Subban that will remember it and will make up pay at the end, whether it's cap wise, or whether it's by seeing him leave without getting anything in return.
yes whitesnake!!!finally the voice of reason.and one of only a handful of people on this board who's opinion i actually respect.no one screws with the snake!!

Old
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
And that's why this makes no sense to me. This doesn't save money. I know more contracts come off the books in a few years...so why not free up even more space for when that time comes by locking in Subban now? We aren't spending anything until Gomez and Kaberle are off the books, and we have a few more free agencies coming up soon, like Desharnais.
Bergevin seems to be short term it's scary. Can't believe a guy like Dudley wouldn't use his influence on him to convince him that his way makes no sense whatsoever.

Old
29dryden29

Quote:
Originally Posted by No Team Needed View Post
Again, he lives in Toronto so he stayed in Toronto. He also played with Tomas Kaberle in the Toronto charity game so this whole idea that he hasn't played with any Montreal Canadiens players through the lockout should end oh... bout now?
Did Prust go and skate with the guys yep fromLondon last I checked that was further than Toronto did Armstrong go out and skate with the guys yep last I checked Sask is way further than Toronto him being from Toronto is a cop out.

Old
Habtchum*

Quote:
this has nothing to do with everyone spaeking english pal.it has to do with the fact the habs dont hire THE best man available.this is what we get as a result.a complete circus.
Who was the best unilingual headcoach available last Spring ?

As many have stated before, like it or not, a bilingual coah is a MUST in Montreal for the Habs. Do the Alouettes care about that. No because the guy is not in the media almost everyday of the year.

Are Alain Vigneault, Claude Julien or Jacques Martin such bad coaches ?

Closed Thread