HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Tampa Bay Lightning
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

1/25/13 - 7:30PM EDT - Ottawa VS Tampa Bay

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-26-2013, 06:04 AM
  #251
LightningStrikes
Moderator
VL4ever
 
LightningStrikes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Country: Germany
Posts: 15,439
vCash: 50
Canucks fans were right after all when they said Salo is a beast when he's healthy. I was impressed with his play in his first three games but last night was downright god mode.

As for Lee: I really thought he played well for us last season. Either our defense was so bad it made him look good or he was in fact better than he is now. Or both.

LightningStrikes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 07:37 AM
  #252
HoseEmDown
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 7,899
vCash: 500
Lee hasn't looked good but I wouldn't call him a complete disaster just yet. He's currently the only minus player we have but a couple of goals can't be blamed on him. The penalties need to stop though. I don't think him snd Aulie should be a pair as they both are too aggressive and leave the other in bad position. MAB played less than 6 minutes and most wss in first when we had 4 PP, I'd take Lee who can play in all situations over him. If Mikkelson was a righty im sure he'd be getting more opportunities but it's hard to roll 5/6 L and 1 R.
Some other players need to step up too, Purcell hasn't done anything since the opener, Pouliet has been quite, 3/4 liners have had lots of energy but besides Pyatt haven't given any secondary scoring which is a problem.

HoseEmDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 07:46 AM
  #253
Felonious Python
Moderator
Still Drej
 
Felonious Python's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: The Hot Seat
Posts: 15,815
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoseEmDown View Post
Lee hasn't looked good but I wouldn't call him a complete disaster just yet. He's currently the only minus player we have but a couple of goals can't be blamed on him. The penalties need to stop though. I don't think him snd Aulie should be a pair as they both are too aggressive and leave the other in bad position. MAB played less than 6 minutes and most wss in first when we had 4 PP, I'd take Lee who can play in all situations over him. If Mikkelson was a righty im sure he'd be getting more opportunities but it's hard to roll 5/6 L and 1 R.
Some other players need to step up too, Purcell hasn't done anything since the opener, Pouliet has been quite, 3/4 liners have had lots of energy but besides Pyatt haven't given any secondary scoring which is a problem.
Yes, quite.

I noticed BP got some time with the top six though.

Felonious Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 09:08 AM
  #254
CC321
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 686
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoseEmDown View Post
If Mikkelson was a righty im sure he'd be getting more opportunities but it's hard to roll 5/6 L and 1 R.
Gudas is a RHD. The Bolts are enjoying having so much depth on D, but frankly we are risking giving away points and maybe a playoff berth because of how badly Lee is playing right now. I suspect Lee was playing for a contract extension last year, he got one, now he has gone back to being himself. We have 10-11 NHL caliber D, more than enough to cover injuries. Trade Lee for a pick or waive him and let Cooper try to screw his head on straight. Call up Gudas.

CC321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 10:07 AM
  #255
Felonious Python
Moderator
Still Drej
 
Felonious Python's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: The Hot Seat
Posts: 15,815
vCash: 500
If the lack of RHD are a problem, you know who might be available for the right price?


Felonious Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 10:25 AM
  #256
kisin
Registered User
 
kisin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Czech republic
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 189
vCash: 500
Can't believe I'm saying this but Mikkelson looks like a superstar in comparison with Lee. I'm horrified by his performances so far. Yet I still believe he'll bounce back and will be solid again.

Anyway, does anyone know what songs are playing in the background?
http://video.lightning.nhl.com/video...sole?id=196055
http://video.lightning.nhl.com/video...sole?id=196055

kisin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 11:20 AM
  #257
Realize
Registered User
 
Realize's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Germany / Aachen
Country: Germany
Posts: 587
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Realize Send a message via MSN to Realize Send a message via Skype™ to Realize
Wow, last night's game was much much fun watch.

I really hope the GAA will be better soon, (although as long as we're scoring, everything is well).

I love to see Tampa in Blue and Black again...

Realize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 11:53 AM
  #258
Felonious Python
Moderator
Still Drej
 
Felonious Python's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: The Hot Seat
Posts: 15,815
vCash: 500
There were several mentions on the broadcast to the good conditioning of the Lightning.

Do you even lift?
Yes ☑ No ☐

Quote:
Guy Boucher tells the media today that Anders Lindback will get the call in net tomorrow against the Flyers.
https://twitter.com/TBLightning/stat...28116924764161

Felonious Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 12:21 PM
  #259
The Macho Man
Fire Cooper
 
The Macho Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 22,236
vCash: 134
Anders played okay, and he's been REALLY strong in third periods, which is his major saving grace right now. Only the goal by Spezza can I really put on him, but holy **** was that a soft one to let in.

Lee must never play again.

The Macho Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 12:25 PM
  #260
Drouined My Career
should I stay or go?
 
Drouined My Career's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Tampa
Country: United States
Posts: 2,360
vCash: 500
I like Boucher going back to Lindback. We are playing a struggling Flyers team that is plagued by injuries and are coming off a game the night before. This should be a good chance for Anders to gain his form.

Drouined My Career is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 12:27 PM
  #261
Vasilevskiy
I've many surnames
 
Vasilevskiy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Barcelona
Country: Spain
Posts: 10,988
vCash: 900
I'm fine with Anders out there, just like I'm when Garon is playing, it feels good to be confident in our goalies for once.

I can't believe I'm going to say this but... I prefer Norris winner MAB before Lee. (and of course Mikkelson before those two).

Glad we finally won Ottawa

Vasilevskiy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 12:35 PM
  #262
The Macho Man
Fire Cooper
 
The Macho Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 22,236
vCash: 134
I posted on the trade boards, but was wondering... what would you guys think about moving Purcell? I know Malone is the most likely guy to be moved, but I feel that we would lose some top 6 grit and a more versatile player, while Purcell seems to have a skillset that is more easily replaceable in our system, while probably giving a better return.

The Macho Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 12:41 PM
  #263
vsk92
Alltid IFK
 
vsk92's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Scotland.
Country: Finland
Posts: 7,559
vCash: 500
How has Salo played so far?

vsk92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 12:43 PM
  #264
The Macho Man
Fire Cooper
 
The Macho Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 22,236
vCash: 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by vsk92 View Post
How has Salo played so far?
Amazing. +8 and is a rock defensively while good offensively.

The Macho Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 12:45 PM
  #265
berlin
wait...... what?
 
berlin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Kokomo
Posts: 1,991
vCash: 500
great game

berlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 12:47 PM
  #266
The Macho Man
Fire Cooper
 
The Macho Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 22,236
vCash: 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by berlin View Post
great game
Maybe it's just me... I see Purcell as a floater a lot, and think we should sell while he still has real value. Then again, while I like Teddy, I've never been his biggest fan.

You edited... but yeah.

The Macho Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 12:52 PM
  #267
Stamkos Intolerant
Here comes the $$$
 
Stamkos Intolerant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,264
vCash: 500
Missed this game last night, I was pretty disappointed.

Luckily, I don't have to watch the games. All I need to do is look at our whopping +7 goal differential to know that we're a contending team using HFBoards logic. Am I doing it right?

Stamkos Intolerant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 12:55 PM
  #268
chasespace
Registered User
 
chasespace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Williston, FL
Posts: 8,414
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vsk92 View Post
How has Salo played so far?
Superbly, he just needs a sturdier brand of sticks and he will be perfect.

chasespace is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 01:02 PM
  #269
HoseEmDown
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 7,899
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pronounced Anders View Post
I posted on the trade boards, but was wondering... what would you guys think about moving Purcell? I know Malone is the most likely guy to be moved, but I feel that we would lose some top 6 grit and a more versatile player, while Purcell seems to have a skillset that is more easily replaceable in our system, while probably giving a better return.
For what? We need a top 4 RHD but I don't see Purcell fetching that. I also don't know who'll replace him in top 6, Connolly and Killorn are becoming better places in the A and should stay all season. We really don't have a true weakness right now, we need our goaltending and secondary scoring to improve but that's it so far.

HoseEmDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 01:10 PM
  #270
The Macho Man
Fire Cooper
 
The Macho Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 22,236
vCash: 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoseEmDown View Post
For what? We need a top 4 RHD but I don't see Purcell fetching that. I also don't know who'll replace him in top 6, Connolly and Killorn are becoming better places in the A and should stay all season. We really don't have a true weakness right now, we need our goaltending and secondary scoring to improve but that's it so far.
The trade boards seem to think he could fetch a bit. I'm kind of surprised at his value according to some HFers, to be honest.

And you're right, we don't have any gaping holes to fill, but if one of our Top 4 go down, we'd be dressing Lee and/or Bergeron every night. Think about that for a second.

The Macho Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 01:10 PM
  #271
The Wyzerhood
A league of his own
 
The Wyzerhood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,926
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pronounced Anders View Post
Maybe it's just me... I see Purcell as a floater a lot, and think we should sell while he still has real value. Then again, while I like Teddy, I've never been his biggest fan.

You edited... but yeah.
I think Purcell's production could be replaced after this season by Connolly, and I'd like to see a center prospect like Mark McNeill coming our way in exchange. We need some more size and grit for our third line and someone who can win face-offs, as it's been a weakness for us the past two seasons.

The Wyzerhood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 01:11 PM
  #272
The Macho Man
Fire Cooper
 
The Macho Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 22,236
vCash: 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mile High View Post
I think Purcell's production could be replaced after this season by Connolly, and I'd like to see a center prospect like Mark McNeill coming our way in exchange. We need some more size and grit for our third line and someone who can win face-offs, as it's been a weakness for us the past two seasons.
Isn't that what Namestnikov is supposed to bring?

Here's an idea... Ryan O'Reilly?

The Macho Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 01:17 PM
  #273
LightningStrikes
Moderator
VL4ever
 
LightningStrikes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Country: Germany
Posts: 15,439
vCash: 50
Lee already has 10 minor penalties in just 3 games this season.

Gotta love how Aulie, Crombeen and Hall stood up for Lindback at the end of the game. This team doesn't take **** from anybody (anymore).

LightningStrikes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 01:21 PM
  #274
The Macho Man
Fire Cooper
 
The Macho Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 22,236
vCash: 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningStrikes View Post
Lee already has 10 minor penalties in just 3 games this season.

Gotta love how Aulie, Crombeen and Hall stood up for Lindback at the end of the game. This team doesn't take **** from anybody (anymore).
God... Condra's face when he started punching Aulie and Aulie turned around on him... the dude was terrified. He wanted to take all 5 Sens on, and I think he would have won.

The Macho Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 01:22 PM
  #275
The Wyzerhood
A league of his own
 
The Wyzerhood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,926
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pronounced Anders View Post
Isn't that what Namestnikov is supposed to bring?

Here's an idea... Ryan O'Reilly?
Namestnikov is not a bottom 6 guy, I see his long-term future as a winger or second line center once Vinny gets past 35. Namestnikov has a great skill set, but lacks the face-off ability, defensive responsibility and grit to be an effective third line player.

O'Reilly would be a fantastic acquisition, he's got great speed, the puck hound skills of Pyatt, is mature beyond his years, strong on faceoffs (52.8% success rate last year on 1443 draws taken) and is very astute defensively. Not sure if COL would trade away a key player for a player like Purcell though, we'd likely have to add quite a bit more.

The Wyzerhood is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:28 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2016 All Rights Reserved.