HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Phoenix Coyotes Lounge IV

View Poll Results: Should I try to get into show business?
Yes but have a day job or back up in the meantime 5 55.56%
Yes, go all in 1 11.11%
No 3 33.33%
Other 0 0%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
01-22-2013, 08:31 PM
Colt45Blast
Tippett's Tool

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by yotesreign View Post
I heard a lot of former LA types have moved out to Prescott & Prescott Valley.
No idea if any of them were Kings fans though... maybe the CHL guys did a survey or something...

^^^^^^LOL^^^^^^

I don't blame so many people from California moving out of that state seeing the problems there but I do take issue with the new residents bring with them some of the problems of that state here. Driving here is bad enough without their influence as demonstrated in Las Vegas as well.

Old
01-22-2013, 11:08 PM
BUX7PHX

Quote:
Originally Posted by awfulwaffle View Post
Not sure where to post this, but I see the student rush is back this year for M-W games. I have my ID from NAU, but I have received my degree and I'm no longer in school. Could I still use it and pass it off as me still being in school?
Lol. I look at it as a fake id in reverse.

If they don't question it, then you don't have to supply an answer. And even then, the answer is grad school....

Old
01-23-2013, 12:05 AM
DirtyOldMan
Yotes still in AZ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AP View Post
I don't blame so many people from California moving out of that state seeing the problems there but I do take issue with the new residents bring with them some of the problems of that state here. Driving here is bad enough without their influence as demonstrated in Las Vegas as well.
That seems to be a time-honored tradition here... whining about new residents from CA ... I arrived here in 1994 from FL coincidentally after the Northridge quake caused a sudden spike in Californians moving to the valley (so I'm told, I had nothing to compare it to) and I kept hearing"dadgum Californians driving up the price of everything. etc. etc"

But I did pick up from them the habit of calling freeways "The <number>" instead of "I-<number>". I never said "the 4" or "the 95" in Florida...

Old
01-23-2013, 02:25 PM
Kimahri

Send a message via AIM to Kimahri
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-pu...0766--nhl.html

Has anyone seen this story? Haha. Is he still coyotes property?

Old
01-23-2013, 02:34 PM
Colt45Blast
Tippett's Tool

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyOldMan View Post
That seems to be a time-honored tradition here... whining about new residents from CA ... I arrived here in 1994 from FL coincidentally after the Northridge quake caused a sudden spike in Californians moving to the valley (so I'm told, I had nothing to compare it to) and I kept hearing"dadgum Californians driving up the price of everything. etc. etc"

But I did pick up from them the habit of calling freeways "The <number>" instead of "I-<number>". I never said "the 4" or "the 95" in Florida...
LOL

It's not just price they keep raising up but also the crime rate as well. I just find it nuts that how so many who move to AZ from CA complain all the time about how California sucks but yet wish Arizona is more like California.

Personally, I have a love/hate thing for California. I love the weather, beaches, scenery, and always having something to do kind of thing the state has. I hate the way the state is run and while I have met alot of friendly people in CA, too many who live there about as clueless as they come.

Old
01-23-2013, 04:24 PM
Colt45Blast
Tippett's Tool

He may want to get a new number.

Old
01-23-2013, 04:38 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
He may want to get a new number.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH !!!

01-23-2013, 05:33 PM
XX
Lots of Try

Oilers zone exit/breakout

Old
01-23-2013, 05:58 PM
Kimahri

Send a message via AIM to Kimahri
Haha, dumba 55, took me awhile. Guess I'm a dumbass.

Old
01-23-2013, 06:04 PM
Blubba Jenkins
Staying Faithful

Quote:
Originally Posted by XX View Post
Oilers zone exit/breakout

The Flying V

Old
01-23-2013, 07:38 PM
lockstock

Anyone doing the Arizona Marathon on 2/19? It finishes at Westgate. I might do the half marathon if I'm in good enough shape by then.

http://thearizonamarathon.com/

Last edited by lockstock: 01-23-2013 at 07:58 PM.
Old
01-26-2013, 01:31 PM
Rutkowski

You guys remember how I said that outside Arizona the politics of your state is considered a joke not only in the US but internationally and some of you didn't agree with that?

Well, this **** ain't helping.
http://www.patheos.com/blogs/friendl...e-high-school/

Old
01-26-2013, 02:07 PM
O23L
Worst tank ever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rutkowski View Post
You guys remember how I said that outside Arizona the politics of your state is considered a joke not only in the US but internationally and some of you didn't agree with that?

Well, this **** ain't helping.
http://www.patheos.com/blogs/friendl...e-high-school/
The peope who ***** about this, are the same people who ***** about "One nation, under God" in the Pledge.

Honsetly, if people are going to throw a fit over this, they need to get their priorities straight.

Thats all I'm going to say on this, because as we all know, no politics!

Old
01-26-2013, 02:12 PM
zz

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhXcoyotes View Post
Honsetly, if people are going to throw a fit over this, they need to get their priorities straight.
Wait... are you referring to the idiots who are wasting taxpayer money to put this stupid bill on the floor? Seriously, regardless of religious beliefs, what is the point of this bill??

Old
01-26-2013, 02:21 PM
Colt45Blast
Tippett's Tool

I look at it this way, I love Arizona and I'm proud to call this state home regardless of whatever someone from the outside thinks of this state or the United States for that matter. For those of you who don't like AZ, you always have the option to come in or not but the personal feelings of AZ in a negative light doesn't speak for the rest of the world and their take on AZ.

AZ is a melting pot within the melting pot and seeing that we are rising as a place of global interest for visiting and living, I say that they're more people in the world who love AZ and don't have much of a problem with how we do things here.

Last edited by Colt45Blast: 01-26-2013 at 02:33 PM.
Old
01-26-2013, 02:29 PM
awfulwaffle

Personally, this bill is a waste of time and thought. This has no place in the public education system. To make this a requirement to graduate is ABSURD! I'm not talking about the religious aspects of it, I'm talking about the fact that intellect and ability to succeed in school isn't enough to these politicians.

Old
01-26-2013, 02:35 PM
Naurutger
Free Max!

vCash: 1025
This time of year a ton of bills are proposed but will never pass...just a way for people to get known. Here are some laws that have passes:

http://www.dumblaws.com/laws/united-states/arizona

The water one is not dumb, I wish I could get a water in Vegas.

Old
01-26-2013, 02:41 PM
awfulwaffle

Quote:
Originally Posted by naurutger View Post
This time of year a ton of bills are proposed but will never pass...just a way for people to get known. Here are some laws that have passes:

http://www.dumblaws.com/laws/united-states/arizona

The water one is not dumb, I wish I could get a water in Vegas.
Is that Tucson one at the bottom of the page a real law?

Old
01-26-2013, 02:43 PM
Colt45Blast
Tippett's Tool

Quote:
Personally, this bill is a waste of time and thought. This has no place in the public education system. To make this a requirement to graduate is ABSURD! I'm not talking about the religious aspects of it, I'm talking about the fact that intellect and ability to succeed in school isn't enough to these politicians.
They're has always been a fight over the years from all sides over what should be and shouldn't be in the public classroom and that is not going to change. If anything, I support major reforms in the classroom all around seeing how much of a joke the system is all around. I don't like the fact that so many public schools seem more like a place of indoctrination and at times a prison for the students all around and more.

Old
01-26-2013, 02:46 PM
doaner

Hmm...I don't really see an issue with this. Maybe we should boycot Greece and Greek food and the like since they require med to serve 2 years in the military.

As stated, this is done by the same ppl that complain about God being anywhere near anything. I think ppl forget what our Country was founded under. Times have changed...and not in a good way.

If you disagree, feel free to PM me. Nuff said.

Old
01-26-2013, 02:48 PM
Colt45Blast
Tippett's Tool

Quote:
Originally Posted by doaner View Post
Hmm...I don't really see an issue with this. Maybe we should boycot Greece and Greek food and the like since they require med to serve 2 years in the military.

As stated, this is done by the same ppl that complain about God being anywhere near anything. I think ppl forget what our Country was founded under. Times have changed...and not in a good way.

If you disagree, feel free to PM me. Nuff said.
Excatly, its not like we are seeing people getting a gun put to their heads here.

Old
01-26-2013, 02:54 PM
zz

Quote:
Military service can serve a purpose (or at least used to back when military wasn't voluntary). It prepared citizens in can of a conflict and draft. Here, what is the point of the oath? As an immigrant, I understand the need for an oath in order to earn citizenship privileges. But as an American citizen, being coerced into swearing to something you don't even believe just to be able to get to grad school or - god forbid - get a frigging job? Gross.

Quote:
As stated, this is done by the same ppl that complain about God being anywhere near anything.
What exactly is being "done" by "those people". Those 4 republican representatives are the ones trying to pass a new law. What are you talking about???

Last edited by Naurutger: 01-26-2013 at 03:04 PM.
Old
01-26-2013, 02:57 PM
zz

Quote:
Excatly, its not like we are seeing people getting a gun put to their heads here.
No, people would merely be threatened to not receive their well-deserved diploma. Eh, details right?

The same people who beg for 'small government' are the ones supporting this type of top-down control from our representatives. Hypocrites.

Old
01-26-2013, 03:08 PM
Naurutger
Free Max!

vCash: 1025
Quote:
Is that Tucson one at the bottom of the page a real law?
http://www.snopes.com/legal/arizona.asp

I guess its an over reach interpretation of it

Old
01-26-2013, 03:09 PM
doaner

Quote:
Originally Posted by OEL View Post
Military service can serve a purpose (or at least used to back when military wasn't voluntary). It prepared citizens in can of a conflict and draft. Here, what is the point of the oath? As an immigrant, I understand the need for an oath in order to earn citizenship privileges. But as an American citizen, being coerced into swearing to something you don't even believe just to be able to get to grad school or - god forbid - get a frigging job? Gross.

What exactly is being "done" by "those people". Those 4 republican representatives are the ones trying to pass a new law. What are you talking about???
By "those people," I mean atheists. I figured it was pretty self explanatory.

Closed Thread