HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Tampa Bay Lightning
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

1/25/13 - 7:30PM EDT - Ottawa VS Tampa Bay

Old
01-26-2013, 01:17 PM
LightningStrikes
SFY

vCash: 50
Lee already has 10 minor penalties in just 3 games this season.

Gotta love how Aulie, Crombeen and Hall stood up for Lindback at the end of the game. This team doesn't take **** from anybody (anymore).

LightningStrikes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 01:21 PM
Follower of Yzlam
Believe the Yzerplan

vCash: 1159
Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningStrikes View Post

Gotta love how Aulie, Crombeen and Hall stood up for Lindback at the end of the game. This team doesn't take **** from anybody (anymore).
God... Condra's face when he started punching Aulie and Aulie turned around on him... the dude was terrified. He wanted to take all 5 Sens on, and I think he would have won.

Follower of Yzlam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 01:22 PM
The Wyzerhood
A league of his own

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pronounced Anders View Post
Isn't that what Namestnikov is supposed to bring?

Here's an idea... Ryan O'Reilly?
Namestnikov is not a bottom 6 guy, I see his long-term future as a winger or second line center once Vinny gets past 35. Namestnikov has a great skill set, but lacks the face-off ability, defensive responsibility and grit to be an effective third line player.

O'Reilly would be a fantastic acquisition, he's got great speed, the puck hound skills of Pyatt, is mature beyond his years, strong on faceoffs (52.8% success rate last year on 1443 draws taken) and is very astute defensively. Not sure if COL would trade away a key player for a player like Purcell though, we'd likely have to add quite a bit more.

The Wyzerhood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 01:31 PM
I Am Beat You

Quote:

I think you mean 10 pim.

Aulie usually takes a lot of time to get his gloves off, lucky for whoever was getting tough with him last night.

I Am Beat You is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 01:40 PM
B2k3
#Yzerteam

Quote:
Originally Posted by gudas View Post
I think you mean 10 pim.

Aulie usually takes a lot of time to get his gloves off, lucky for whoever was getting tough with him last night.
Unluckily for Condra, imo. He started laying the hits on Condra with those bricks on his fists.

B2k3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 01:44 PM
The Wyzerhood
A league of his own

Quote:

I think we've got a decent amount of enforcers/backbone in our line-up now between Malone, Thompson, Aulie, Crombeen, Hall, Vinny and Hedman. Would be nice to add one more to our third line, aka Brown when his collarbone is fully recovered.

Old
01-26-2013, 01:48 PM
I Am Beat You

Quote:
Originally Posted by B2k3 View Post
Unluckily for Condra, imo. He started laying the hits on Condra with those bricks on his fists.
If the gloves came off sooner and punches were thrown, the linesman may very well have let them go.

Old
01-26-2013, 01:50 PM
TheDaysOf 04
Rated [SFY]

Hope Nacho dresses for the Flyers game

Also, it has begun

https://twitter.com/conhockey19
Quote:
No nap today.... About 300,000 people outside my hotel. #whatacity
https://twitter.com/kaulie59
Quote:
“@conhockey19: No nap today.... About 300,000 people outside my hotel. #whatacity” honey badger doesn't nap! #pool #pirates

Old
01-26-2013, 01:53 PM
LightningStrikes
SFY

Quote:
I think you mean 10 pim.

You're right, I meant to say 5 minor penalties (=10 PIM).

LightningStrikes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 02:08 PM
The Wyzerhood
A league of his own

Quote:
If the gloves came off sooner and punches were thrown, the linesman may very well have let them go.
There really was no point at such a late stage in the game. The linesman was right to break it up and just let the game play out for the final 10 seconds.

Old
01-26-2013, 02:11 PM
I Am Beat You

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mile High View Post
There really was no point at such a late stage in the game. The linesman was right to break it up and just let the game play out for the final 10 seconds.
I know, and Condra is probably better off because of it.

Old
01-26-2013, 03:01 PM
ultra63

Quote:
I think we've got a decent amount of enforcers/backbone in our line-up now between Malone, Thompson, Aulie, Crombeen, Hall, Vinny and Hedman. Would be nice to add one more to our third line, aka Brown when his collarbone is fully recovered.
If Hedman is an enforcer the Bolts are in trouble

ultra63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 03:03 PM
The YzerJesus
Turns Piss Into Wine

It would really depend on what Purcell would bring back. I wouldn't want to trade him unless an offer we couldn't refuse came our way. He's just like Stammer right now (I hope). Shaking the rust off.

The YzerJesus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 03:10 PM
HoseEmDown

Quote:
I think Purcell's production could be replaced after this season by Connolly, and I'd like to see a center prospect like Mark McNeill coming our way in exchange. We need some more size and grit for our third line and someone who can win face-offs, as it's been a weakness for us the past two seasons.
We have several bottom 6 centers in the system, no need to add McNeill. We need Stamkos to work on his faceoffs instead of his one timer and playing with his dad.

HoseEmDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 03:18 PM
HoseEmDown

Another thing with Purcell is we have plenty of cover for him in the system. Connolly, Panik and Kucherov are more talented as nd younger. We need a LW with Malones size and grit but more talent. I just don't see him moved until the offseason, we need him this year and hopefully he picks up his game.

Old
01-26-2013, 04:05 PM
Jacko95

I#ve only seen the NHl highlights, but at least 2 big problems because of Lee, sorry thats to much.
I would really like to see 6-4 wins all the time, it's much more fun to watch then a 2-1 Offensive hockey is the most entertaining hockey.

Purcell: What about trading him and Lee for Subban? Maybe add prospect or a pick somewhere. Well I know it's not gonna happen, but I would do this trade. Just think about a top-4 like Hedman-Salo and Carle-Subban with Brewer coming up for injurys

If we don't make the playoffs, either Malone or Purcell will be gone. Thwy are owrth to much on TD to pass over a trade. And I can really see Killorn becoming Malone 2.0 well and replacing Teddy shouldn't be that much of a problem with those guys in Syracuse.

I'm starting to wonder who of the SYR guys might be the poor guy, who will not get a chance, because IF they all develop as fast as now we can't bring them all up in the next 2 years. I simply can't see all the Connollys Paniks Browns and.... on the 3rd line, eventough I would love to play 9 top-6 guys, would even be unreal firepower by our standarts

Jacko95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 04:11 PM
Vasilevskiy
I've many surnames

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pronounced Anders View Post
Maybe it's just me... I see Purcell as a floater a lot, and think we should sell while he still has real value. Then again, while I like Teddy, I've never been his biggest fan.

You edited... but yeah.

Its 4 games into the season, Purcell is amazing, give him more time

Vasilevskiy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 04:15 PM
TBLbrian

I doubt Purcell leaves unless Connolly or someone takes his spot next year. Even though he is a hot/cold player he is still a top 6 forward which we need. He doesnt take over games but he helps his linemates most nights. We dont need him to find the scoresheet every night, just to help create some offense.

I think we need a 3rd line center, and another top 6 winger. Both of those are somewhere in the system, we just need some time. Killhorn/Namestnikov/etc and then Connolly/J.T. Brown/Panik. All of those guys could earn spots here soon with some development, no need to rush to a trade IMO

TBLbrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 04:39 PM
The Wyzerhood
A league of his own

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultra63 View Post
If Hedman is an enforcer the Bolts are in trouble
If you read carefully, you'd see that some are enforcers some have what I like to call "backbone". Hedman falls into the latter category.

Old
01-26-2013, 04:41 PM
The Wyzerhood
A league of his own

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoseEmDown View Post
We have several bottom 6 centers in the system, no need to add McNeill. We need Stamkos to work on his faceoffs instead of his one timer and playing with his dad.
We don't have one capable of logging serious minutes. Pyatt is awful on the draw, while Thompson and Hall are both fourth liners.

Old
01-26-2013, 04:42 PM
The Wyzerhood
A league of his own

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacko95 View Post
I#ve only seen the NHl highlights, but at least 2 big problems because of Lee, sorry thats to much.
I would really like to see 6-4 wins all the time, it's much more fun to watch then a 2-1 Offensive hockey is the most entertaining hockey.

Purcell: What about trading him and Lee for Subban? Maybe add prospect or a pick somewhere. Well I know it's not gonna happen, but I would do this trade. Just think about a top-4 like Hedman-Salo and Carle-Subban with Brewer coming up for injurys

If we don't make the playoffs, either Malone or Purcell will be gone. Thwy are owrth to much on TD to pass over a trade. And I can really see Killorn becoming Malone 2.0 well and replacing Teddy shouldn't be that much of a problem with those guys in Syracuse.

I'm starting to wonder who of the SYR guys might be the poor guy, who will not get a chance, because IF they all develop as fast as now we can't bring them all up in the next 2 years. I simply can't see all the Connollys Paniks Browns and.... on the 3rd line, eventough I would love to play 9 top-6 guys, would even be unreal firepower by our standarts
Lol one of the top 20 defensemen in the league for Purcell, Lee and a throw-in prospect or pick? You'd have to add considerably more!

Old
01-26-2013, 04:44 PM
PoundCake
Go Bolts!

Can we stop referring to Killorn as a Ryan Malone replacement? He isn't.

I'm really not understanding people wanting to trade Malone or Purcell right now...

PoundCake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 04:47 PM
TheDaysOf 04
Rated [SFY]

As long as we continue to do well this season I don't see a need to move anybody. Right now this team is doing just fine aside from 2nd periods.

TheDaysOf 04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 05:04 PM
The Wyzerhood
A league of his own

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoundCake View Post

I'm really not understanding people wanting to trade Malone or Purcell right now...
Another poster was just musing and asked what would be a suitable return for Purcell. I don't think any of us were serious about trading any of our players right now. In a shortened season, I don't think any trades are necessary and we can wait until next year (re: Purcell) when Connolly should be ready for the bigs.

Old
01-26-2013, 05:11 PM
HoseEmDown

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoundCake View Post

I haven't seen much of Killorn so I don't know who to compare him to, from what I heard he sounds like a really good two way center with ok size who plays a physical game. What do you see him as?
I don't want to trade either this year because I see us making a playoff run. I just think Purcell is to hot/cold and we have replacements so I wouldn't mind getting good value for him if we can.
Malone is more valuable to us than what we'd get for him. I just think a lot of people want to get maximum value for a player before the retire or decline like you can in a video game.