HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Notices

Trade Rumours and Proposals: Part XXXIII

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-25-2013, 09:44 PM
  #101
Gil Gunderson
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Ottawa, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,656
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icelevel View Post
Seems?
Henrik karlsson - 7th rounder
Yeah, should have used better wording.

Goalies of Bishop's caliber aren't worth as much as some Sens fans here some to think they are.

Gil Gunderson is online now  
Old
01-25-2013, 09:45 PM
  #102
Senscore
facetious
 
Senscore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,759
vCash: 2142
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Below View Post
Well the Sens fanbase has been telling every one on the trade board that Bishop would return a top four D

It's called salesmanship.

Senscore is offline  
Old
01-25-2013, 09:46 PM
  #103
Icelevel
little bit better
 
Icelevel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,408
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gil Gunderson View Post
Yeah, should have used better wording.

Goalies of Bishop's caliber aren't worth as much as some Sens fans here some to think they are.
I think it is confusing for some because we gave a 2nd for him. Understandable

Icelevel is offline  
Old
01-25-2013, 09:47 PM
  #104
18Hossa
Registered User
 
18Hossa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 3,662
vCash: 232
Bishop for a 7th (e4)

18Hossa is online now  
Old
01-25-2013, 09:48 PM
  #105
Hale The Villain
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,947
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Below View Post
Well the Sens fanbase has been telling every one on the trade board that Bishop would return a top four D
This fanbase is terrible when it comes to valuing other teams players. Most fans around here also tremendously overrate our prospects and the value they have around the league.

Hale The Villain is offline  
Old
01-25-2013, 09:50 PM
  #106
Iamok
#Panic
 
Iamok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 6,406
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hale The Villain View Post
This fanbase is terrible when it comes to valuing other teams players. Most fans around here also tremendously overrate our prospects and the value they have around the league.
Meh, I wouldn't limit it to just this fan base. All fan bases do the same thing.

Iamok is online now  
Old
01-25-2013, 10:02 PM
  #107
WasTeD
Gettn Wiggy wit it
 
WasTeD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: in your head
Country: Equatorial Guinea
Posts: 14,015
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to WasTeD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hale The Villain View Post
This fanbase is terrible when it comes to valuing other teams players. Most fans around here also tremendously overrate our prospects and the value they have around the league.
Almost all of the HFboards suck at trade proposals.

WasTeD is offline  
Old
01-25-2013, 11:12 PM
  #108
Berserker
Registered User
 
Berserker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 3,558
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gil Gunderson View Post
Anyone who expected anything more than a 2nd was out to lunch. Even a 2nd seems expensive for him.
I'm pretty sure Bryan Murray said he wanted more than a 2nd for Bishop. So a lot of sens fans expectations were probably based on that.

Berserker is offline  
Old
01-26-2013, 09:34 AM
  #109
CarknerCountry
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 728
vCash: 500
Zibby,Bishop,Puemple for Yandle

Throw in a pick if need be or add more lol..

Our D would be set for years

Karlsson Methot
Cowen Yandle
Gryba Ceci

CarknerCountry is offline  
Old
01-26-2013, 09:58 AM
  #110
BK201
Registered User
 
BK201's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 6,703
vCash: 500
This was on the main trade board

http://www.rds.ca/canadien/chroniques/355334.html

My French is terrible so I'll take what the main board said and basically Ottawa and Carolina have been inquiring about getting Y Weber.

BK201 is offline  
Old
01-26-2013, 09:59 AM
  #111
General Granny*
 
General Granny*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 986
vCash: 500
So I guess Lindback isn't worth 2 second rounders and 4th rounders because of one crappy game, he actually has been pretty ****** so far this season, and btw he turns 25 this spring.

General Granny* is offline  
Old
01-26-2013, 10:17 AM
  #112
Deku Scrub
For the Lads
 
Deku Scrub's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,638
vCash: 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by BK201 View Post
This was on the main trade board

http://www.rds.ca/canadien/chroniques/355334.html

My French is terrible so I'll take what the main board said and basically Ottawa and Carolina have been inquiring about getting Y Weber.
I don't know much about Yannick Weber but it's going to suck if we get him because everyone will think that we got Shea Weber at first.

Deku Scrub is online now  
Old
01-26-2013, 11:00 AM
  #113
The Fuhr
Registered User
 
The Fuhr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Hamilton,Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 34,517
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by General Granny View Post
So I guess Lindback isn't worth 2 second rounders and 4th rounders because of one crappy game, he actually has been pretty ****** so far this season, and btw he turns 25 this spring.
NHL career
Lindback 24Yrs old
41GP .912sv%

Bishop 26Yrs old
24GP .899sv%

The Fuhr is offline  
Old
01-26-2013, 12:57 PM
  #114
guyzeur
Registered User
 
guyzeur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,063
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Below View Post
NHL career
Lindback 24Yrs old
41GP .912sv%

Bishop 26Yrs old
24GP .899sv%
Could be deceiving stats since he played most of those games with Nashville, a defensive orientated team.

And Bishop when he played to games in St-Louis, they weren't playing the same style of hockey.

guyzeur is offline  
Old
01-26-2013, 01:07 PM
  #115
Andre Benoit Bawls
Classless Chaps
 
Andre Benoit Bawls's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 12,592
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Below View Post
NHL career
Lindback 24Yrs old
41GP .912sv%

Bishop 26Yrs old
24GP .899sv%
You should scout brah.

Andre Benoit Bawls is offline  
Old
01-26-2013, 01:24 PM
  #116
Qward
Moderator
Because! That's why!
 
Qward's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Behind you, look out
Posts: 12,275
vCash: 265
Not a fan of Y. Weber.

Qward is online now  
Old
01-26-2013, 01:50 PM
  #117
R2010
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 637
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Below View Post
NHL career
Lindback 24Yrs old
41GP .912sv%

Bishop 26Yrs old
24GP .899sv%
I have been disappointed with Lindback everytime I have seen him play. He's big and that's about it. Bishop actually is better technically he just needs to be more consistent. Lindback's style is pretty dependent on reflexes, he needs to be way more square to the puck. I would take Bishop over Lindback long term I think but that's debatable.

R2010 is offline  
Old
01-26-2013, 01:50 PM
  #118
18Hossa
Registered User
 
18Hossa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 3,662
vCash: 232
Bishop and a 3rd for a 2nd?

18Hossa is online now  
Old
01-26-2013, 01:52 PM
  #119
18Hossa
Registered User
 
18Hossa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 3,662
vCash: 232
Quote:
Originally Posted by R2010 View Post
I have been disappointed with Lindback everytime I have seen him play. He's big and that's about it. Bishop actually is better technically he just needs to be more consistent. Lindback's style is pretty dependent on reflexes, he needs to be way more square to the puck. I would take Bishop over Lindback long term I think but that's debatable.
You don't say, lindback had a fairly good game last night, he didn't have to fight the puck at all which normally means he is in good position whereas Bishop was fighting the puck pretty much all night which usually means bad positioning.

18Hossa is online now  
Old
01-26-2013, 01:57 PM
  #120
ReginKarlssonLehner
Classless, no rispek
 
ReginKarlssonLehner's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 20,139
vCash: 50
Calm down, we won't be trading him right now. First of all, we still haven't really reached a stage where we've become desperate for a defender. Second, his value isn't really the best right now. Hold him, play Anderson, see where the flaws lay, get Bishop another start if possible then look at your options.

ReginKarlssonLehner is offline  
Old
01-26-2013, 01:59 PM
  #121
ReginKarlssonLehner
Classless, no rispek
 
ReginKarlssonLehner's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 20,139
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Hossa View Post
You don't say, lindback had a fairly good game last night, he didn't have to fight the puck at all which normally means he is in good position whereas Bishop was fighting the puck pretty much all night which usually means bad positioning.
I'm not sure if serious...

Lindback missed 3-4 clear glove saves from the blueline, he was bobbling the puck like crazy behind the net and had some enormous rebounds. He wasn't any better than Bishop.

ReginKarlssonLehner is offline  
Old
01-26-2013, 02:45 PM
  #122
Patvolcom65
@Patvolcom65
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: New-Brunswick
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,030
vCash: 50
Those guys make Lawson look good.

Patvolcom65 is offline  
Old
01-26-2013, 02:49 PM
  #123
MandyAlwaysKnows
FreeWierciochBanAndy
 
MandyAlwaysKnows's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Madrid
Posts: 12,996
vCash: 500
Man do I want Subban. I'd sell the farm for that guy.

MandyAlwaysKnows is offline  
Old
01-26-2013, 02:51 PM
  #124
FolignoQuantumLeap
A mad Mup
 
FolignoQuantumLeap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: A Blue Box
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,455
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyAlwaysKnows View Post
Man do I want Subban. I'd sell the farm for that guy.
Imagine Subban being mentored by Phillips and we could almost always have either he or Karlsson on the ice. That would be unreal.

FolignoQuantumLeap is online now  
Old
01-26-2013, 02:53 PM
  #125
Qward
Moderator
Because! That's why!
 
Qward's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Behind you, look out
Posts: 12,275
vCash: 265
It would be nice to have him on the Sens. It will never happen though.

Qward is online now  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:22 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.