Old
01-26-2013, 02:28 PM
Bodacious Wits
Porkins the White

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormrider451 View Post
I am glad we agree.......?
You see his numbers, hear the sob story, and assume its true. Hence, Ryan benefits from the narrative.

In reality he's a streaky scorer who does not contribute when he's not scoring. Season to season he gets his 30 and people think it's not a problem. You can blame his lack of production on Selanne, but its not Selanne keeping Ryan off the top line. Its the coaches. Two different ones. I wonder why that is?

Ryan unquestionably would get more scoring chances with more ice time. Your mistake, and the mistake of most of those who don't spend a lot of time watching him play, but who have fallen in love with his highlight reel, is assuming that more chances would mean more scoring. Ryan doesn't score as a linear function of his chances. There's a lot of times when he's just baggage. More opportunities to score is also more opportunities to be a passenger.

Old
01-26-2013, 02:35 PM
Drake744
Resident Jones Homer

vCash: 325
Is the game at 7 or 7:30 your time? Our schedule says 9:30 here but the thread says 7 PST. Since it's in Anaheim I was just checking.

Old
01-26-2013, 02:36 PM
Bodacious Wits
Porkins the White

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake744 View Post
Is the game at 7 or 7:30 your time? Our schedule says 9:30 here but the thread says 7 PST. Since it's in Anaheim I was just checking.
NHL has it at 730 local. Which is a little out of the ordinary, but not impossible.

Old
01-26-2013, 02:40 PM
Drake744
Resident Jones Homer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damn Skippy View Post
NHL has it at 730 local. Which is a little out of the ordinary, but not impossible.
Alright. Yeah if memory serves me right from when I used to live out there and watch on TV, the Ducks home games were usually a 7pm start, which is the same as here. If someone told me one of our home games was at 730 I would be confused as well. Thanks.

Old
01-26-2013, 02:41 PM
tANNERRRR54

vCash: 500
6-2 Preds
Fasth gets pulled in the 2nd and Hiller lets in 2 soft goals

Old
01-26-2013, 02:43 PM
Bodacious Wits
Porkins the White

Quote:
Alright. Yeah if memory serves me right from when I used to live out there and watch on TV, the Ducks home games were usually a 7pm start, which is the same as here. If someone told me one of our home games was at 730 I would be confused as well. Thanks.
Pre-Burke our games were always 7:30 starts, but he wanted them to start a bit earlier, I think maybe to get them a little more eastern exposure. I don't think it worked.

Old
01-26-2013, 02:43 PM
PrototypeX85

It's at 7:30. The Kings play at 5 and Fox Sports is having a double-header.

Old
01-26-2013, 02:45 PM
TheFlyingV
Anatidaephobia

Quote:
I come in peace.

I noticed Ryan played only 13min and 0 PP min last game. Did he do something to get so little time? Will he again see 13 min tonight? Any chances the Ducks finally tap Ryan's potential in the next decade? Ryan is a hell of a player and it seems like he hasnt been able to reach his true potential in Anaheim behind Selanne despite already being plenty of years into his career. I remember last year thinking when trade rumors floated about Ryan.... "will the ducks truly trade him without seriously experiencing the true fullest potential of Ryan"?

Do you guys think it would be prudent, if the ducks look to be out of the playoff run later this year, to trade Selanne to a contender? Thus getting some pieces for the future and giving Ryan the full shot at top PP and EV minutes?
We got four forwards that compete for 3 1st PP spots, somebody has to sit. Unless we try something like
Perry-Getzlaf-Selanne
Ryan-Souray
with Getzlaf rotating back to act as a Dman after taking the face off and Ryan moving up.

When Bobby isn't playing with Getzlaf and Perry he's never really had suitable line mates.

Quote:
7:30, we usually get a few games a season that get pushed back half an hour.

Old
01-26-2013, 02:48 PM
Top 6 Spaling

Good luck tonight. Should be an interesting one. In the past, Weber-Suter have shut down the big 3, but Teemu has gone crazy on us. Without Suter, I'm curious to see how this goes.

Is it weird I'm more scared of Teemu than any of RPG?

Old
01-26-2013, 02:49 PM
Drake744
Resident Jones Homer

Quote:
Pre-Burke our games were always 7:30 starts, but he wanted them to start a bit earlier, I think maybe to get them a little more eastern exposure. I don't think it worked.
Oh okay, this was within the last few years so, post-Burke. And as far as the eastern exposure, I think that's a lost cause. East coasters tend to care about nothing outside of the Eastern time zone. Oh well.

Old
01-26-2013, 02:49 PM
Bodacious Wits
Porkins the White

I wanted to point out (since it got buried in the last GDT - why the hell are our GDTs so big now?): Getzlaf has been nails on faceoffs so far. His worst effort was 55%. If he can add that element to his game permanently it would really make a huge difference.

Old
01-26-2013, 02:52 PM
Stormrider451

Quote:
You see his numbers, hear the sob story, and assume its true. Hence, Ryan benefits from the narrative.

In reality he's a streaky scorer who does not contribute when he's not scoring. Season to season he gets his 30 and people think it's not a problem. You can blame his lack of production on Selanne, but its not Selanne keeping Ryan off the top line. Its the coaches. Two different ones. I wonder why that is?

Ryan unquestionably would get more scoring chances with more ice time. Your mistake, and the mistake of most of those who don't spend a lot of time watching him play, but who have fallen in love with his highlight reel, is assuming that more chances would mean more scoring. Ryan doesn't score as a linear function of his chances. There's a lot of times when he's just baggage. More opportunities to score is also more opportunities to be a passenger.
Ive watched him play plenty year after year. Ive had him as a keeper for 4 years now and constantly follow him and look forward to Anaheim games because of him. Again, I cant wait until he gets his real chance, whether it is with Anaheim or not, so he can show the world what he can truly be.

Old
01-26-2013, 02:54 PM
Ducks DVM
There is no grunion

They do season ticket holder surveys every year and apparently there are a lot of parents who want early start times for their children's sake, at least that's what I've been told by my reps over the years.

For tonight, there's apparently some monster truck rally at Angel's Stadium at 7pm, so they're expecting massive traffic and crowds.

Old
01-26-2013, 02:54 PM
muckbin15
parros16

vCash: 1281
hoping for fasth to have a big one, hillsy needs to be pushed more to hold that number 1 spot. never really had a challenge since jiggy left

Old
01-26-2013, 02:57 PM
Bodacious Wits
Porkins the White

Quote:
Ive watched him play plenty year after year. Ive had him as a keeper for 4 years now and constantly follow him and look forward to Anaheim games because of him. Again, I cant wait until he gets his real chance, whether it is with Anaheim or not, so he can show the world what he can truly be.
Everybody sing along!

Old
01-26-2013, 03:03 PM
Ducksgo*
#EtemUp

Send a message via AIM to Ducksgo*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducks DVM View Post
They do season ticket holder surveys every year and apparently there are a lot of parents who want early start times for their children's sake, at least that's what I've been told by my reps over the years.

For tonight, there's apparently some monster truck rally at Angel's Stadium at 7pm, so they're expecting massive traffic and crowds.
Yah no free parking at Angels stadium tonight. Fing sucks gotta pay for parking or park at hooters and walk.

Old
01-26-2013, 03:10 PM
mightyquack
You're the man Teemu

Quote:
Everybody sing along!
Vatan....Ryaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan! Clap your hands

Old
01-26-2013, 03:14 PM
Sojourn
Global Moderator
Where's the kaboom?

Sbisa needs to be better tonight. We can't afford to be playing 20 minutes of suck every night.

Old
01-26-2013, 03:28 PM
Getz2perry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojourn View Post
Sbisa needs to be better tonight. We can't afford to be playing 20 minutes of suck every night.
Agreed hes looked awful, after having a pretty decent year last season.

Old
01-26-2013, 03:31 PM
Stormrider451

Quote:
Everybody sing along!
Really? Am I talking to a 12 year old, that cant hear someone else's difference in opinion without turning to ridicule?

Old
01-26-2013, 03:43 PM
Sojourn
Global Moderator
Where's the kaboom?

Quote:
Really? Am I talking to a 12 year old, that cant hear someone else's difference in opinion without turning to ridicule?
You've made a lot of excuses for Ryan, and frankly, I just think Anaheim fans are getting tired of excusing Ryan. He just hasn't been very good, and it has little to do with PP time. Ryan either seems hot or cold, with little inbetween.

Old
01-26-2013, 03:56 PM
quentez
#8 Teemu Legend

Wonder if this is the first sign of BB preferring Rakell over Holland for the 4th line center spot.

Old
01-26-2013, 03:59 PM
DuckJet
Poster of the Year

vCash: 69
Gdt of the year... So far.

Old
01-26-2013, 04:06 PM
Ducksgo*
#EtemUp

Send a message via AIM to Ducksgo*
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckJet View Post
Gdt of the year... So far.
I don't like the format. It's to hard to read mobile. I like yesterday's one better.

Old
01-26-2013, 04:12 PM
Top 6 Spaling

Preds line-up from practice today (posting because it isn't in the OP and Trotz shuffled things).

Wilson-Fisher-Erat
Bourque-Legwand-Hornqvist
SK-Spaling-Smith
Yip/Halischuk/Clune/Gaustad/McGrattan

Weber-Josi
Klein-Hannan
Ellis-Gill

Rinne
Mason

Good luck tonight!

Closed Thread