HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Detroit-Boston

Old
01-26-2013, 01:14 PM
Bardizzy
What the Fox say?

vCash: 500
Detroit-Boston

To Detroit: Alexander Khokhlachev

To Boston: Darren Helm

Fair? Love Helmer and he would be great on Boston's 3rd line. Detroit probably has no reason to do this, BUT is the value close?t

Bardizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 01:22 PM
icKx

Only way I can see Helm going is in a package for a top pairing D.

He's signed for 3 more years at $2mil so that's tremendous value.

icKx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 02:43 PM
DatsyukToZetterberg
Alligator!

Very easy no for the wings. The value isn't close because Helm is worth far more to the wings than any team would be willing to give up. He's the 3rd most important forward on our team, it would require a crazy, crazy overpayment for Holland to consider moving him.

DatsyukToZetterberg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 02:53 PM
FissionFire

Anyone watching the Minnesota game and seeing how different this team is with Helm out there than without would realize that he's just not a guy the Wings can afford to lose. Even late last season and in the playoffs the team was a completely different animal from the one that had Helm in the lineup. He's just a glue guy that makes our bottom 6 work. Without him there is little speed, forechecking, and pressure on the opposition outside of Datsyuk and Zetterberg. While the value may be good, the Wings aren't in a position they can afford to move him unless they are ready to go into a full rebuild, and even then Helm is young enough and cheap enough to be a guy you can keep around for that.

FissionFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 03:13 PM
Wingsfan2965*

If you want Helm you're giving Seidenberg.

Either way, doubt Helm's leaving any time soon after Detroit has gotten a glimpse of what their PK looks like without him.

Wingsfan2965* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 03:16 PM
Jimbo7200

I love Khoker, really want the Wings to draft him, but this is an easy no. Maybe they'd consider it if the Wings wanted to do an Edmonton-like rebuild and tank for a few years, but that's not how The Wings operate.

Jimbo7200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 03:23 PM
solo16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bardizzy View Post
To Detroit: Alexander Khokhlachev

To Boston: Darren Helm

Fair? Love Helmer and he would be great on Boston's 3rd line. Detroit probably has no reason to do this, BUT is the value close?t
No. Not close. Only way you have a shot at Helm is in a deal for Chara, Hamilton, Seidenberg (not sure Id even want him). (Not saying 1 for 1 but as part of a package).

Hamilton for Helm+Oulette (or Sproul if you want him)+Nyquist (perfer Tartar) I would consider that. Something in that stratosphere might work. Probably slight over-payment by wings but I think we could stomach it.

solo16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 03:51 PM
nmbr_24

Quote:
Originally Posted by solo16 View Post
No. Not close. Only way you have a shot at Helm is in a deal for Chara, Hamilton, Seidenberg (not sure Id even want him). (Not saying 1 for 1 but as part of a package).

Hamilton for Helm+Oulette (or Sproul if you want him)+Nyquist (perfer Tartar) I would consider that. Something in that stratosphere might work. Probably slight over-payment by wings but I think we could stomach it.
Chara? You have got to be joking.

nmbr_24 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 04:02 PM
Dellstrom
We Like Eich

Quote:

Out of curiosity, why wouldn't you want Seids?

Dellstrom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 04:17 PM
solo16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dellstrom View Post
Out of curiosity, why wouldn't you want Seids?
He is fairly steady yet not spectacular. He is 31 and shoots left (we have too many solid Leftys). Honestly I do not know enough about him and he would probably cost more than I would deem worth it. A Kronwall Seids paring might be worth a decent return though.

Kronwall (L) Seids (L)
Smith (L) Ericsson (L)
Quincey (L) White (R)
Kindl (L) Huskins (L) Lashoff (L)
(see all those lefties)

Seids is good sure but so is Smith/Ericsson/White (who knows with Quincey) I cant see us moving significant assets unless for a top pairing Righty. Hamilton is a potential franchise Right D. Hence my proposal had alot of quality in Nyquist a top prospect in the NHL about to be a NHL regular, Oulette (not so far behind Hamilton at WJC) and Helm (Young arguably best bottom 6er in the game). Bos still probably says no, because Hamilton could be that good.

To the post above...
You would have to be joking to trade Chara (and probably Hamilton). I would have to be joking not to say we would want him!

Old
01-26-2013, 04:18 PM
sparxx87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingsfan2965 View Post
If you want Helm you're giving Seidenberg.

Either way, doubt Helm's leaving any time soon after Detroit has gotten a glimpse of what their PK looks like without him.
I agree.. Nothing to deliberate here, it's an easy no.

A decent prospect won't fetch a player off what I think is their weakest roster in years... Rafalski, Stuart and Lidstrom departing hasn't left much on the blue line. If a forward goes it'll be for a top 4 defenseman.. Preferably RH.

On the contrary, why does Boston want Helm? They have Kelly and Campbell at 3 and 4 C, that's solid?

sparxx87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 04:48 PM
nmbr_24

Quote:
He is fairly steady yet not spectacular. He is 31 and shoots left (we have too many solid Leftys). Honestly I do not know enough about him and he would probably cost more than I would deem worth it. A Kronwall Seids paring might be worth a decent return though.

Kronwall (L) Seids (L)
Smith (L) Ericsson (L)
Quincey (L) White (R)
Kindl (L) Huskins (L) Lashoff (L)
(see all those lefties)

Seids is good sure but so is Smith/Ericsson/White (who knows with Quincey) I cant see us moving significant assets unless for a top pairing Righty. Hamilton is a potential franchise Right D. Hence my proposal had alot of quality in Nyquist a top prospect in the NHL about to be a NHL regular, Oulette (not so far behind Hamilton at WJC) and Helm (Young arguably best bottom 6er in the game). Bos still probably says no, because Hamilton could be that good.

To the post above...
You would have to be joking to trade Chara (and probably Hamilton). I would have to be joking not to say we would want him!
I would have no problem with you saying that you aren't interested in Koko, but it is actually laughable to ask for Chara, Hamilton, or Seidenberg. If I told you that I want Datsyuk for Daniel Paille you should laugh about as hard as Helm for Chara had me laughing.

A 3rd line center, and Chris Kelly would still be the 3rd line center even if Helm was traded to Boston, is not going to get anyone anywhere near Chara.

A simple no thank you would have been easy to swallow, asking for what you did is a bit out of left field.

Old
01-26-2013, 06:14 PM
solo16

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmbr_24 View Post
I would have no problem with you saying that you aren't interested in Koko, but it is actually laughable to ask for Chara, Hamilton, or Seidenberg. If I told you that I want Datsyuk for Daniel Paille you should laugh about as hard as Helm for Chara had me laughing.

A 3rd line center, and Chris Kelly would still be the 3rd line center even if Helm was traded to Boston, is not going to get anyone anywhere near Chara.

A simple no thank you would have been easy to swallow, asking for what you did is a bit out of left field.
You mis understand. I never made a proposal for chara. I just said I would move helm as part of a package for a franchise player. With chara is suspect you would also want a crapload. Smith nyquist helm filpulla type package and prob still say no.

Old
01-26-2013, 07:03 PM
11MilesPerJohan
@BeingAHumanBean

Koko is likely a top 6 forward 60-65 point guy at minimum, and if he maxes out, he could be 70+, he has that kind of offensive skill.

Not saying that Detroit would do this deal, because I don't think they are necessarily in rebuild mode, but I don't think Boston does it either. Helm is a third line player, correct? Good player, like him, but the Bruins are not giving up their #1 or #2 offensive prospect (debatable with Spooner) to bring in a third line player. Those players can be had for a lot less elsewhere.

11MilesPerJohan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 07:10 PM
Fire Julien

Khokhlachev won't be traded, especially not for a 4th line plug.

Fire Julien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 07:34 PM
BamaWing

Id trade Helm in a package for Lucic but that's it

And to the post above...stupid troll

BamaWing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 07:50 PM
4ORRBRUIN

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaWing View Post

There is NO player on the wings that would get you Lucic. NOBODY ,When will the fan bases of other teams realize what Lucic brings to the game is nowhere to be found in the NHL except Boston.

And Helm for the players mentioned? Thats

4ORRBRUIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 08:15 PM
11MilesPerJohan
@BeingAHumanBean

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaWing

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4ORRBRUIN View Post
There is NO player on the wings that would get you Lucic. NOBODY ,When will the fan bases of other teams realize what Lucic brings to the game is nowhere to be found in the NHL except Boston.

Oh, this thread is about to get good...

11MilesPerJohan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 08:44 PM
Jurky
Put me on the PP FFS

ITT People don't realize that Wings fans are suggesting moving Helm IN A PACKAGE DEAL for the players mentioned (Chara/Seids/Hamilton/Lucic), no one is saying dealing him straight up, they're saying the only way the Wings move Helm is in a package deal.

Jurky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 08:47 PM
bruinsfan46

Red Wings fans view Helm as a really key guy (which is their right) and I wouldn't give an arm and a leg for a checker who has only mostly played against fellow third and fourth liners five on five because of Babcock's line matching style. Great penalty killer but not a need for Boston and penalty killers aren't too, too hard to come by even if it was a need. Don't see this thread going anywhere. Too part apart on value and at never leads to a civil thread.

Last edited by bruinsfan46: 01-26-2013 at 09:08 PM.
bruinsfan46 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 09:43 PM
nmbr_24

Quote:
You mis understand. I never made a proposal for chara. I just said I would move helm as part of a package for a franchise player. With chara is suspect you would also want a crapload. Smith nyquist helm filpulla type package and prob still say no.
That's cool.

The Bruins wouldn't be interested in downgrading and that seems to be all that you want to do so I guess there would be no deal. They would probably give up pretty good value in a pick/prospect type of deal, but I doubt they would be giving up a player like Khokhlachev for a 3rd liner.

I understand that the Wings wouldn't be dismantling their team and wouldn't be looking to trade current roster players for prospects but even bringing up Chara, Seidenberg, or Hamilton would kill any deal with the Wings.

We can just agree there is no deal and move on.

Old
01-26-2013, 09:47 PM
P U L L H A R D

Bruins fans - it is cool. No one would ever deal Hamilton or Chara for Helm. We were saying we wouldn't trade Helm in a 1for1 deal or for several lesser pieces, if he was moved it would be for a really big reason. We aren't bashing your players or undervaluing them. Let us all move on from this thread in peace and harmony.

P U L L H A R D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 11:10 PM
solo16

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4ORRBRUIN View Post

So we are clear... No one in the nhl plays like helm either.

Old
01-27-2013, 02:47 AM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

Helm is vital to the team, they don't consider this deal.

If you need evidence of it just notice how differently they look with him out of the lineup. They went from a first overall seed chasing the Presidents trophy to a 5 game embarrassing knockout most of which happened without him in the lineup, as well as the terrible start to the season. He provides something that not a lot of players can and they love him on the coaching staff and management team.

Koko is a very good prospect but not enough for Helm. Even if things go outright awful they will hold him as a big piece of the future while they gut the roster.

The Zetterberg Era is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 02:06 PM
Nyquist

Helm has more value to us than most top six forwards in the league do. He is never going to be traded because nobody would be willing to give up what he is worth to us (and if they are I would love to be wrong).

Nyquist is offline   Reply With Quote