HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumours and Proposals: Part XXXIII

Closed Thread

Old
01-26-2013, 02:53 PM
MAK19
FreeWierciochBanAndy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FolignoQuantumLeap View Post
Imagine Subban being mentored by Phillips and we could almost always have either he or Karlsson on the ice. That would be unreal.
unstoppable.

Would be a dream come true

Old
01-26-2013, 02:53 PM
Holdurbreathe

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Hossa View Post
You don't say, lindback had a fairly good game last night, he didn't have to fight the puck at all which normally means he is in good position whereas Bishop was fighting the puck pretty much all night which usually means bad positioning.
Believe Bishop had a bad case of nerves last night.

Understandable given anderson had won 3 straight and Bishop hadn't played in a few weeks.

Old
01-26-2013, 02:56 PM
MAK19
FreeWierciochBanAndy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qward View Post
It would be nice to have him on the Sens. It will never happen though.
Make it happen

it's possible

make Bergevin an offer he can't refuse

Old
01-26-2013, 03:02 PM
Icelevel
little bit better

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyAlwaysKnows View Post
Make it happen

it's possible

make Bergevin an offer he can't refuse
he's too much of a distraction and is currently very over rated. give him time, he'll break down. he's no karlsson

Old
01-26-2013, 03:05 PM
MAK19
FreeWierciochBanAndy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icelevel View Post
he's too much of a distraction and is currently very over rated. give him time, he'll break down. he's no karlsson
Distraction? The Sens would obviously sign him, he wouldn't be a distraction.

He's not Karlsson but I'd give him a Tyler Myers contract.

He's not overrated, he's a legit top pair d-man. I have him on my Olympic team.

Old
01-26-2013, 03:18 PM
FolignoQuantumLeap
A mad Mup

Subban is without a doubt overrated. That doesn't mean he's not a good player though. As amazing as it would be to have him, we're better off just waiting for Ceci.

Old
01-26-2013, 03:20 PM
OMadahey

I'd want subban for sure, he's not a number 1 yet. But I'd say he's a good number 2 who can become a number 1 dman.
But at this point. Subban will either stay a Canadian or become a maple leaf. I just can't skake the feeling he want to play in Toronto even after the good things he's said about mtl

Old
01-26-2013, 03:27 PM
FolignoQuantumLeap
A mad Mup

The only way Subban becomes a Leaf is if they go the offer sheet route. Toronto would have to be out of their ******* minds to throw away more 1st rounders. And to make things worse, defense is about the only strength of that organization. It will never happen. Its in insane to even think so.

Old
01-26-2013, 03:32 PM
MAK19
FreeWierciochBanAndy

Quote:
Subban is without a doubt overrated. That doesn't mean he's not a good player though. As amazing as it would be to have him, we're better off just waiting for Ceci.
He's not overrated... he's much better defensively than what people give him credit for

Old
01-26-2013, 03:35 PM
OMadahey

Let's give it some time. I just don't think it will be that insane. I still think its either mtl or Toronto he plays for. Wish we could get him tho. Would set our D up for the next 7 years

Old
01-26-2013, 03:36 PM
The Waffler
Can wipe my own ass!

The way I see it, Subban is a young physical offensive defenceman. He would absolutely be good fit in a Maclean system. He would be that 4th young guy hat we're missing to complete what could be a very good but young top 4.

Old
01-26-2013, 03:54 PM
FolignoQuantumLeap
A mad Mup

Quote:
He's not overrated... he's much better defensively than what people give him credit for
Its impossible to be a decent player in that market and not be overrated.

Old
01-26-2013, 03:55 PM
FolignoQuantumLeap
A mad Mup

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMadahey View Post
Let's give it some time. I just don't think it will be that insane. I still think its either mtl or Toronto he plays for. Wish we could get him tho. Would set our D up for the next 7 years
I don't think you understand how this whole RFA thing works.

Old
01-26-2013, 04:05 PM
Dysentery
Ottawa Senators

Quote:

But he wants to be top dog #1 Dman, and it wont ever happen in Ottawa. This is why I dont think it will work.

and ya know whats underrated by lots of people...team chemistry.

Old
01-26-2013, 04:25 PM
OMadahey

Quote:
I don't think you understand how this whole RFA thing works.
I understand quite well actually. I just think in this situation. The players choice/desire will play a more important role compared to typical star players coming of their ELC.

Old
01-26-2013, 04:41 PM
FolignoQuantumLeap
A mad Mup

Quote:
I understand quite well actually. I just think in this situation. The players choice/desire will play a more important role compared to typical star players coming of their ELC.
Ok. Let's say Subban wants to play for the Leafs (he grew up a BIG Montreal fan because of his father). The Leafs have to show interest. They have to be the ones who want him. Right now, the Leafs are lacking any decent top 6 centers aside from rookie Nazem Kadri and an unpredictable Grabovski and also need a #1 goalie. They also just lost their star winger Lupul for the foreseeable future. To put it kindly, they have a few holes in their line up.

One area they don't lack talent in is their D with Phaneuf, Gardiner, Liles, Kostka, Franson, Gunnarson hell even Morgan Rielly in the system. That's a lot of quality defenders who can put up points. The last thing they need is another.

Does this look like a team that wants to hand a big contract to PK Subban? Even with Subban they are a team destined to miss the playoffs. Are they going to offer sheet him and hand over multiple lottery picks to their arch rival of over more than a century (cause that worked out so well in the Kessel deal). Or are they going to burn what few movable assets they have to acquire an offensive D instead of a center or goalie that they so desperately need to even be considered a threat for the playoffs?

When I look at this situation, the Leafs are probably the very last team looking at Subban in the entire league, not to mention the last team the Canadiens would consider moving him to. It makes no sense. You're falling victim to the Canadian media bubble where the only teams that exist are the Habs and Leafs.

Please explain how you view this as even a remote possibility.

Old
01-26-2013, 05:20 PM
newerabegins

Quote:

its settled then

Old
01-26-2013, 05:23 PM
OMadahey

Quote:
Ok. Let's say Subban wants to play for the Leafs (he grew up a BIG Montreal fan because of his father). The Leafs have to show interest. They have to be the ones who want him. Right now, the Leafs are lacking any decent top 6 centers aside from rookie Nazem Kadri and an unpredictable Grabovski and also need a #1 goalie. They also just lost their star winger Lupul for the foreseeable future. To put it kindly, they have a few holes in their line up.

One area they don't lack talent in is their D with Phaneuf, Gardiner, Liles, Kostka, Franson, Gunnarson hell even Morgan Rielly in the system. That's a lot of quality defenders who can put up points. The last thing they need is another.

Does this look like a team that wants to hand a big contract to PK Subban? Even with Subban they are a team destined to miss the playoffs. Are they going to offer sheet him and hand over multiple lottery picks to their arch rival of over more than a century (cause that worked out so well in the Kessel deal). Or are they going to burn what few movable assets they have to acquire an offensive D instead of a center or goalie that they so desperately need to even be considered a threat for the playoffs?

When I look at this situation, the Leafs are probably the very last team looking at Subban in the entire league, not to mention the last team the Canadiens would consider moving him to. It makes no sense. You're falling victim to the Canadian media bubble where the only teams that exist are the Habs and Leafs.

Please explain how you view this as even a remote possibility.
Just to be certain.according to your argument above, u think P.K subban won't become a leaf because of:

1. The leafs are lacking in the forward and goalie department. And don't need defence.

2. The leaf would never offer sheet ( or shouldn't)

Those are some pretty week arguments.

1. Depth changes so quickly. As a sens fan I'd think you would know that. We went from thinking we were good on defence last year (before the turris deal). To desperately trying to get another good defensmen .

Subban on the leafs makes them better. You argued that the leafs need fowards and a goali. Nd with the rumors that if luongo goes to Toronto then gardiners going back. Would fix ur whole idea of a team having to much of a good thing.GMs have to think about their team in a current and future perspective.

And I'm pretty sure that at 5 mill a year. An offer sheet would only be a 1 nd 2 round draft picks. Not that bad when your getting PK.

I will agree with you on one thing tho. The leafs aren't looking at subban. But this could be a case where a player just wants to play for a certain team. Nd if that's the case. Does nonis not let subban fall in his lap?

Old
01-26-2013, 05:24 PM
OMadahey

Quote:
Just to be certain.according to your argument above, u think P.K subban won't become a leaf because of:

1. The leafs are lacking in the forward and goalie department. And don't need defence.

1. Depth changes so quickly. As a sens fan I'd think you would know that. We went from thinking we were good on defence last year (before the turris deal). To desperately trying to get another good defensmen .

Subban on the leafs makes them better. You argued that the leafs need fowards and a goali. Nd with the rumors that if luongo goes to Toronto then gardiners going back. Would fix ur whole idea of a team having to much of a good thing.GMs have to think about their team in a current and future perspective.

And I'm pretty sure that at 5 mill a year. An offer sheet would only be a 1 nd 2 round draft picks. Not that bad when your getting PK.

I will agree with you on one thing tho. The leafs aren't looking at subban. But this could be a case where a player just wants to play for a certain team. Nd if that's the case. Does nonis not let subban fall in his lap?
Sorry for the horrible spelling and writting lol. I hate typing on my phone

Old
01-26-2013, 05:44 PM
FolignoQuantumLeap
A mad Mup

Quote:

I don't know what the bolded means, but the compensation for the money PK is asking for would be a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd round picks in the 2013 draft, touted as the best since 2003. Hard to say whether Montreal would match or not. I'd be inclined to say yes if its just in the 5.25M range. The point of a RFA offer sheet is to make an offer that the other team would walk away from, so its likely going to have to be more. 6.8M is where the compensation turns to two 1sts, a 2nd, and 3rd. Montreal would definitely walk away from that contract, take those picks from the Leafs and jump start their rebuild.

Anyways, you bring up Gardiner. The Leafs are so deep on D they have him playing in the minors. Do you see Ottawa trying to acquire Ryan O'Reilly with their depth at center? Zibanejad, Da Costa, Grant in the minors etc. We're looking to improve in weak area like the Leafs are.

The point you bring up about Ottawa's 'good' defense is irrelevant. It was thought that Ottawa had a great pool of defensive prospects not guys on the actual NHL roster. Ottawa still has a pretty good crop of D in system too fwiw. Ceci, Wiercioch, Gryba, Wikstrand and others are no slouches.

Old
01-26-2013, 05:58 PM
ReginKarlssonLehner
Classless, no rispek

I would make an offersheet for PK Subban for a 1st round pick and 2nd rounder 20 TIMES OUT OF 20.

The chances that first round pick becomes a Subban you can walk home as the king of the draft.

Old
01-26-2013, 07:11 PM
Icelevel
little bit better

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReginKarlssonLehner View Post
I would make an offersheet for PK Subban for a 1st round pick and 2nd rounder 20 TIMES OUT OF 20.

The chances that first round pick becomes a Subban you can walk home as the king of the draft.
Then trade him? What's the rule on that again?

Old
01-26-2013, 07:31 PM
Beville
#ForTheBoys

Quick, acquire Redden before his value goes through the roof

Old
01-26-2013, 07:34 PM
aragorn
YES WE CAN

First, I think any offer sheets to Subban will be matched by the Canadians & second, I doubt Murray would want to lose the draft picks for that player. And will be happy playing second to Karlsson? Not sure, he seems to want to be THE GUY. Wiercioch & Ceci I think have the makings of a good 2nd pairing at some point in the future.

Old
01-26-2013, 08:49 PM
wilfred

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReginKarlssonLehner View Post

I did not look it up but the offer sheet is 1st and 3rd @ 5m and change. The next level up is 1st, 2nd, 3rd. I don't think there is a 1st and 2nd.

It would be awesome to get PK for a 1st and 3rd then we could take draft day off, go to the beach or something.(I know it would be matched)

Closed Thread