HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Calgary Flames
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Flames win first BoA 4-3! Czechmate, Oilers.

Old
01-26-2013, 03:43 PM
nogger
#wemissyoubutler

vCash: 50
I'd love to see Sarich level Yakupov.

nogger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 03:48 PM
colbym72

vCash: 500
Really hoping to see the second line do something. However, I wish the lines could stay steady once maybe let some people gel....Idk....I wonder if Stajan would ever get to play with Iginla. They did well together in the short time they were together last year

colbym72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 03:52 PM
Auger

Quote:
Originally Posted by wally31 View Post
O god... Reading the Oiler fans on their GDT is painful... Wishing one of Glencross, Hudler, or Cervenka year long injuries tonight.. "Feaster is so fat" jokes... Pretty disgusting when the bottom of the food chain is so arrogant/cocky...

I'm sorry but they're one of only two teams to ever draft 1st overall 3 times in a row in NHL history! Proud? That's something to be ashamed of... Pathetic homers up in deadmonton.
God the Oilers have become unbearable, please beat them

Auger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 03:55 PM
Calculon
unholy acting talent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auger View Post
God the Oilers have become unbearable, please beat them
And the funniest thing is they haven't even won anything yet to justify the arrogance.

Calculon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 04:20 PM
TowMater14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordberg View Post
I for one don't go on CP for this very reason. Either way that would not justify your fanbase acting like idiots as well. Stay classy, friend.
Actually I want to apologize to the good posters on this site for that comment. I just got off CP and was fired up. Every fan base has their share of losers. Last time I was at a game in Calgary, I was walking to grab a beer and this girl gets right up in my face and calls me an f'in c word! Lol again, I am sure the same kind of thing happens in Edmonton.
On a different note; Cervenka seems to have some pretty good hands and a wicked shot, hopefully for you guys he works out. Had he ever been drafted?

TowMater14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 04:23 PM
TowMater14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calculon View Post
And the funniest thing is they haven't even won anything yet to justify the arrogance.
I actually said the same thing in our thread as well. When some of the idiotic Edmonton media( Tencer) leads the charge what do you expect I guess.

TowMater14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 04:23 PM
WhereIsIt
alongtheboards

I went to a Red Deer Rebels game once wearing a Hitmen jersey and some little kid kicked me.

Seriously, can we all just agree that Red Deer blows?

WhereIsIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 04:28 PM
Copperhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Erixons Dad View Post
I went to a Red Deer Rebels game once wearing a Hitmen jersey and some little kid kicked me.

Seriously, can we all just agree that Red Deer blows?
Oilers fan here in peace. I think we can all actually agree that Vancouver's fans are the worst.

Just wondering what you think of the Flames so far this year. Clearly getting Hudler and Cervenka back should make them a different team than the first three games. Haven't had a chance to watch them yet though.

Hoping for a good game. Would love to see the Battle of Alberta return to it's former magnificence. Hasn't been quite the same lately with the sad sack operation going on at our end, but I think things are starting to look up.

Copperhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 04:41 PM
Money Baer
COYS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Copperhead View Post
Oilers fan here in peace. I think we can all actually agree that Vancouver's fans are the worst.

Just wondering what you think of the Flames so far this year. Clearly getting Hudler and Cervenka back should make them a different team than the first three games. Haven't had a chance to watch them yet though.

Hoping for a good game. Would love to see the Battle of Alberta return to it's former magnificence. Hasn't been quite the same lately with the sad sack operation going on at our end, but I think things are starting to look up.
Couldn't agree more.

Money Baer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 04:54 PM
WhereIsIt
alongtheboards

Quote:

I don't think they've been playing badly, but obviously the lack of wins so far has been frustrating. Most of our losses have come from a 5-10 minute stretch of defensive zone ineptitude at some point during the game, which I think is quite fixable. Miikka had one bad game as well.

WhereIsIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 05:02 PM
Backlund

Quote:

I completely agree. My brother is a Canucks fan.

Backlund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 05:37 PM
OilerLord

Just dropping by to wish the Flames good luck tonight.

For the record, ANY person who wishes an injury on any player does not have their priorities straight.

It is a foregone conclusion that Kipper will be a wall tonight, and that ex-Oiler Glencross and "Oiler Killer" Iginla will make it miserable for us at Rexall tonight. Hopefully the Oilers can hang in with the Flames tonight.

Here's hoping to an exciting, well reffed, and most importantly...injury free game tonight!

OilerLord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 05:38 PM
Tonka
Diggles

Is Kipper usually a slow starter? I have him on my fantasy team and kind of worried due to his poor numbers so far. I thought Hartley would have a more defensive approach.

Tonka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 05:39 PM
TheHudlinator

vCash: 354
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonka View Post
Is Kipper usually a slow starter? I have him on my fantasy team and kind of worried due to his poor numbers so far. I thought Hartley would have a more defensive approach.
Its going to be a long season Hartley is an offensive coach.

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 05:46 PM
Calculon
unholy acting talent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonka View Post
Not only is Kipper usually a slow starter, but Hartley's opening up the system for a more offensive approach. Kipper's numbers are highly unlikely to be as good as last seasons.

Calculon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 05:52 PM
Tonka
Diggles

Damn, Kipper is one of my fave goalies in the league.

Tonka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 05:56 PM
PETRYDISH

I think we will finally see a good Battle of Alberta for once, it has sucked for so long because my Oilers have sucked for so long. Not sure if we are better yet but we certainly will be more challenging! I'm worried about this game cause you guys have dominated us for so long. I think this game is gonna be pretty crazy regardless if who wins. Heres to hoping the battle of Alberta can get back to where it was years ago.

PETRYDISH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 06:47 PM
FLAMESFAN

[QUOTE=PETRYDISH;58402709]I think we will finally see a good Battle of Alberta for once, it has sucked for so long because my Oilers have sucked for so long. Not sure if we are better yet but we certainly will be more challenging! I'm worried about this game cause you guys have dominated us for so long. I think this game is gonna be pretty crazy regardless if who wins. Heres to hoping the battle of Alberta can get back to where it was years ago.[/QUOTE]

I don't think many on HF were even born when the BOA was good. We've been hoping it gets back to that for 30 years now. I remember when we had Denis Gauthier and he would lay someone out, people used to think that maybe it was coming back, Regher crunching Hemsky - maybe it's coming back......
Those epic battles from the 80's are never coming back....sigh....

Let's just hope for an entertaining game, and a Flame victory!

FLAMESFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 07:14 PM
Beerfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by TowMater14 View Post
I actually said the same thing in our thread as well. When some of the idiotic Edmonton media( Tencer) leads the charge what do you expect I guess.
Please do not think that the sheer and utter tool by the name of Dan Tencer has any oiler fans truly follow his words who aren't total idiots.

Beerfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 07:58 PM
StreakingRed
**Rebuild Ahead**

Let's Go Flames!

StreakingRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 07:58 PM
King In The North
Sean Bennett

Oilers definitely are going to be an offensive threat so we'll have to capitalize on defensive mistakes and keep them in their own zone.

And make a few big hits please Sarich

King In The North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 08:11 PM
StreakingRed
**Rebuild Ahead**

Quote:
Originally Posted by nogger View Post
I'd love to see Sarich level Yakupov.

Me too. I wanna see the Flames turn up the hits in this game, early and often.

StreakingRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 08:23 PM
Money Baer
COYS

Ughhh... DROP THE PUCK! It's been a while since I've been this excited over a game!

Money Baer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 08:30 PM
Flames92

Quote:
Originally Posted by wally31 View Post
Ughhh... DROP THE PUCK! It's been a while since I've been this excited over a game!
I know, I really wana see the Czechs in action

Flames92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 08:34 PM
Dorian2
The bag don't lie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OilerLord View Post
Just dropping by to wish the Flames good luck tonight.

For the record, ANY person who wishes an injury on any player does not have their priorities straight.

It is a foregone conclusion that Kipper will be a wall tonight, and that ex-Oiler Glencross and "Oiler Killer" Iginla will make it miserable for us at Rexall tonight. Hopefully the Oilers can hang in with the Flames tonight.

Here's hoping to an exciting, well reffed, and most importantly...injury free game tonight!
The game is being played in the Saddledome...but I digress.

Oil fans have been waiting for a good BOA for a while...hopefully the refs don't mess this one up. Our last game against the Kings with these clowns in the stripes was almost unwatchable to a point. I'm sure if anybody here watched it, you'll agree somewhat.

I wanna see a good old fashioned, beat the **** out of your opponent, hockey game....not "special teams 101".

/end rant

Dorian2 is offline   Reply With Quote