HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

P.K. Subban Thread - MK VIII - 'Week-end of Angst' Edition

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-26-2013, 04:15 PM
  #776
PunkinDrublic*
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Sutton,Qc-Sudbury,On
Posts: 8,283
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post
So, you expect Subban to be the best D in the ENTIRE LEAGUE for a few yeas ?? really ??
and obviously, you don't ! what makes you more right ?

PunkinDrublic* is offline  
Old
01-26-2013, 04:15 PM
  #777
Le depisteur
Registered User
 
Le depisteur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Québec
Posts: 3,809
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsawce View Post
Why do you trust MB and not Subban? You probably know both about the same amount but because one is the GM you trust him more?
How can I trust Subban? He refuses to play for the Montreal Canadiens...

Bergevin refuses to give him big money, it is a big difference...

Le depisteur is offline  
Old
01-26-2013, 04:16 PM
  #778
Et le But
Moderator
 
Et le But's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: New York
Country: Argentina
Posts: 18,299
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habtchum View Post
Kris Letang, the best Pens D is making 3,5 this year, and 3,5 next year. Last year, before his injury, he was about to be the second most productive D-man in the whole NHL.

So, Subban is worthing more than Letang ?

Go to the NHL stats pages for the 2011-12 season and seen how PK is far from being in the top twenty in any categories.. except penalties (mostrly indiscipline) and giveaways for a defenseman.
Letang is the exact reason why it's good business to drop this bridge contract BS. When Letang was a free agent he was the same age Subban is now, was less proven than PK is now, and by showing him faith to bounce back from a poor year by giving him a 4 year deal, they got a bargain.

Et le But is offline  
Old
01-26-2013, 04:16 PM
  #779
ECWHSWI
Spartan mic'
 
ECWHSWI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 17,014
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustAHabFan View Post
You sound like if we can chase Roy and Chelios our of Montreal, it's not a big deal to chase PK out neither. Have we seen the Cup after these guys left? If you keep chasing out these good players, who is going to win the Cup for us?
Chelios traded for Savard, Savard wins a cup as a Habs.

Besides, the problem is not that we traded these guys, it's that we dnt have anything significant in return. Just like we came out empty handed after trading Sergei Kost or Latendresse for example (traded for Pouliot, 1.5 years later Pouliot is gone).

I mean, come on, the best player we got for Roy was Ruzinski (sp), you really think that if he was shopped seriously we could have had better ?

ECWHSWI is online now  
Old
01-26-2013, 04:17 PM
  #780
ECWHSWI
Spartan mic'
 
ECWHSWI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 17,014
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by YourBuddy View Post
and obviously, you don't ! what makes you more right ?
wrong.

ECWHSWI is online now  
Old
01-26-2013, 04:17 PM
  #781
JayKing
Go Habs Go
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,797
vCash: 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by PyrettaBlaze View Post
Do NOT want.
Agreed.

JayKing is online now  
Old
01-26-2013, 04:17 PM
  #782
holyhabs
Registered User
 
holyhabs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 4,827
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolasprICE View Post
I would cry
lets start another protest. no joke

holyhabs is offline  
Old
01-26-2013, 04:18 PM
  #783
No Team Needed
Registered User
 
No Team Needed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: essex
Posts: 3,742
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Parent View Post
Garth Snow was NOT a better hockey player than Marc Bergevin. Come on, now.
Totally forgot the that time, sorry

No Team Needed is offline  
Old
01-26-2013, 04:18 PM
  #784
Habsawce
Registered User
 
Habsawce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Canada
Posts: 18,206
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post
the Cap is always an issue when it's time to add depth. Always.

Besides, every team who wins the cup nowadays have a few players on the cheap that plays important roles (see Voynov and Quick last year, Kane and Toews on the Hawks), mostly young players on the rise...

if you're young players on the rise are all already making big bucks, where will you get those players on the cheap that allow you to pay for depth ?

So you'd rather let our star players walk then pay them what they're worth? This makes so little sense it's startling.

Next season the team will have Gallagher, Galchenyuk, and at minimum one of Tinordi, Ellis or Beaulieu on the team on ELC's. Not to mention Diaz and Emelin on dirt cheap contracts. The next year Gionta, Markov come off the books or can be renegotiated for cheaper if they want to stay.

To me it looks like the roster is built fine to give PK what he's worth.

Habsawce is offline  
Old
01-26-2013, 04:18 PM
  #785
NotProkofievian
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 3,260
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habtchum View Post
Kris Letang, the best Pens D is making 3,5 this year, and 3,5 next year. Last year, before his injury, he was about to be the second most productive D-man in the whole NHL.

So, Subban is worthing more than Letang ?
That is really the wrong question, and indicative of your misunderstanding of the situation. Contracts are not reevaluated on a year by year basis. Letang doesn't get a raise because he's been awesome the last few years. He was signed to that amount based on his contributions up to and including the 09-10 season. I think this "point" is a clear indication that you're not actually interested in discussing this issue honestly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habtchum View Post
Go to the NHL stats pages for the 2011-12 season and seen how PK is far from being in the top twenty in any categories.. except penalties (mostrly indiscipline) and giveaways for a defenseman.
Did you publish these findings in a journal of some repute? Really deep stuff you've got going on here.

NotProkofievian is offline  
Old
01-26-2013, 04:19 PM
  #786
Habtchum*
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 2,726
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
Letang is the exact reason why it's good business to drop this bridge contract BS. When Letang was a free agent he was the same age Subban is now, was less proven than PK is now, and by showing him faith to bounce back from a poor year by giving him a 4 year deal, they got a bargain.
If Letang would have had a two-year bridge contract, he would make possibly 6 million $ right now as the first year of a long contract.

Habtchum* is offline  
Old
01-26-2013, 04:19 PM
  #787
Habsawce
Registered User
 
Habsawce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Canada
Posts: 18,206
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Le depisteur View Post
How can I trust Subban? He refuses to play for the Montreal Canadiens...

Bergevin refuses to give him big money, it is a big difference...
Go into work on Monday and tell your boss you'll work for 1/2 your regular pay. Then 2 years later go back and tell him you want 6x that and see how it goes for you.

Habsawce is offline  
Old
01-26-2013, 04:19 PM
  #788
holyhabs
Registered User
 
holyhabs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 4,827
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Le depisteur View Post
How can I trust Subban? He refuses to play for the Montreal Canadiens...

Bergevin refuses to give him big money, it is a big difference...
more than 2.5 million a year is big money? lmfao habs have done the unthinkable and gotten a gm that might be worse than gainey/gauthier

holyhabs is offline  
Old
01-26-2013, 04:19 PM
  #789
PunkinDrublic*
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Sutton,Qc-Sudbury,On
Posts: 8,283
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habtchum View Post
Why in hell would reporters and own teamates invent some stuff about PK ?

Jealousy, racism, Name it for Godsake !
You are seriously not this gullible right ? $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

PunkinDrublic* is offline  
Old
01-26-2013, 04:20 PM
  #790
Habtchum*
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 2,726
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotProkofievian View Post
That is really the wrong question, and indicative of your misunderstanding of the situation. Contracts are not reevaluated on a year by year basis. Letang doesn't get a raise because he's been awesome the last few years. He was signed to that amount based on his contributions up to and including the 09-10 season. I think this "point" is a clear indication that you're not actually interested in discussing this issue honestly.



Did you publish these findings in a journal of some repute? Really deep stuff you've got going on here.

Can you write more BS . You're good at it.

Habtchum* is offline  
Old
01-26-2013, 04:21 PM
  #791
NotProkofievian
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 3,260
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habtchum View Post
Why in hell would reporters and own teamates invent some stuff about PK ?

Jealousy, racism, Name it for Godsake !
My concerns for why they would do such things are not important at all. Approaching the problem of whether Subban has an attitude problem or not as you are doing it is assuming his guilt before it's proven.

Do you seriously believe any report about any habs player? Because, I mean, why would they make it up?

Genius.

NotProkofievian is offline  
Old
01-26-2013, 04:21 PM
  #792
ECWHSWI
Spartan mic'
 
ECWHSWI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 17,014
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsawce View Post
So you'd rather let our star players walk then pay them what they're worth? This makes so little sense it's startling.

Next season the team will have Gallagher, Galchenyuk, and at minimum one of Tinordi, Ellis or Beaulieu on the team on ELC's. Not to mention Diaz and Emelin on dirt cheap contracts. The next year Gionta, Markov come off the books or can be renegotiated for cheaper if they want to stay.

To me it looks like the roster is built fine to give PK what he's worth.
you give up whatever PK asks for you better hope these kids wins you a cup within the next two years or so...

cause if you "crack" for P.K., you have to "crack" for the others if they perform well...

ECWHSWI is online now  
Old
01-26-2013, 04:21 PM
  #793
Habtchum*
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 2,726
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by YourBuddy View Post
You are seriously not this gullible right ? $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
Not as much as you.

Habtchum* is offline  
Old
01-26-2013, 04:21 PM
  #794
Mrb1p
PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
 
Mrb1p's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Citizen of the world
Country: Canada
Posts: 21,358
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habtchum View Post
Kris Letang, the best Pens D is making 3,5 this year, and 3,5 next year. Last year, before his injury, he was about to be the second most productive D-man in the whole NHL.

So, Subban is worthing more than Letang ?

Go to the NHL stats pages for the 2011-12 season and seen how PK is far from being in the top twenty in any categories.. except penalties (mostrly indiscipline) and giveaways for a defenseman.
28 in points(tied with 4 others.), 1st in PIM, 12th in PP goals, 7th in shots, 18th in TOI, 105 hits, Scrub.


Pay tha man. MT can keep him in line.

Mrb1p is online now  
Old
01-26-2013, 04:21 PM
  #795
Bill McNeal
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,558
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post
the Cap is always an issue when it's time to add depth. Always.

Besides, every team who wins the cup nowadays have a few players on the cheap that plays important roles (see Voynov and Quick last year, Kane and Toews on the Hawks), mostly young players on the rise...

if you're young players on the rise are all already making big bucks, where will you get those players on the cheap that allow you to pay for depth ?
You sign them to long term deals that will overpay them in the short run but will be bargains in the long run.

Unless you think the Habs will contend for the Cup in the next two years, signing Subban to a short term contract will only exasperate the cap situation when he gets huge dollars on his prime contract.

Bill McNeal is offline  
Old
01-26-2013, 04:22 PM
  #796
Et le But
Moderator
 
Et le But's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: New York
Country: Argentina
Posts: 18,299
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habtchum View Post
If Letang would have had a two-year bridge contract, he would make possibly 6 million $ right now as the first year of a long contract.
And because he was given a longer contract based on his current value instead of being asked to "prove himself", the Pens got a bargain.

Et le But is offline  
Old
01-26-2013, 04:22 PM
  #797
NotProkofievian
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 3,260
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habtchum View Post
Can you write more BS . You're good at it.
In debates, the last valid significant argument generally wins. Saying "that's BS," means that you lose.

No one thinks that anything you've posted is intelligent. Your own mother would read what you wrote and say to you "[Habtchum], I think you better sit the rest of this one out."

NotProkofievian is offline  
Old
01-26-2013, 04:23 PM
  #798
ECWHSWI
Spartan mic'
 
ECWHSWI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 17,014
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill McNeal View Post
You sign them to long term deals that will overpay them in the short run but will be bargains in the long run.

Unless you think the Habs will contend for the Cup in the next two years, signing Subban to a short term contract will only exasperate the cap situation when he gets huge dollars on his prime contract.
unless the shortterm contract is VERY reasonnable, it will never be a bargain.

ECWHSWI is online now  
Old
01-26-2013, 04:24 PM
  #799
ECWHSWI
Spartan mic'
 
ECWHSWI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 17,014
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
And because he was given a longer contract based on his current value instead of being asked to "prove himself", the Pens got a bargain.
so in essence, what you'ree saying is that Subban is losing money long term by refusing the bridge contract, and he's the smart one ? really ?

ECWHSWI is online now  
Old
01-26-2013, 04:25 PM
  #800
Habsawce
Registered User
 
Habsawce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Canada
Posts: 18,206
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post
you give up whatever PK asks for you better hope these kids wins you a cup within the next two years or so...

cause if you "crack" for P.K., you have to "crack" for the others if they perform well...
This is a ridiculous argument. How many P.K. Subban's are out there? None, he's unique in what he brings on and off the ice and to alienate him to the point he wants a trade is the worst thing you could possibly do. Massive black eye for the organization and will set them back years.

lol, so ridiculous. Beaulieu "P.K. Subban asks for fair value so you have to overpay me what I'm worth because I said so you meanie".

It sounds like you'd rather the young players play horrible so they don't have pay them much, instead of, you know; winning? If the young players play to where they deserve big contracts THATS A GOOD THING FOR THE TEAM!!! That means they're winning.

Habsawce is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:36 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.