HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

wings/leafs

Old
01-26-2013, 06:55 AM
gmtman

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flowzie View Post
HUGE no from the Toronto side. Grabovski is one of the best centers in the league, Gunnarsson a premier shut down defender, and a 2nd in the deepest draft since '03 is a big no no.
Did I miss something? When did Grabovski become one of the best centers in the league?

gmtman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 08:22 AM
BlueBaron

On behalf of all Leaf fans I apologize for the stupidity of this offer. Obviously Detriot will not trade Datsyuk and if they did I doubt we could give the value required without killing our team. The Colborne and a 3rd offer is rediculous and should not be taken as a reflection of what most fans think of a great player like Datsyuk.

Last edited by BlueBaron: 01-26-2013 at 08:34 AM.
BlueBaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 08:33 AM
DamonDRW

What is about Franzen + for Grabovsky? Here the plus could be some good prospect like Tatar. So, basically

Franzen + Tatar for Grabovsky

DamonDRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 08:48 AM
Phion Keneuf
Bang Bang

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamonDRW View Post
What is about Franzen + for Grabovsky? Here the plus could be some good prospect like Tatar. So, basically

We wouldn't want Franzen. What about this;

Helm + 1st + Prospect for Grabovski + Holzer

You guys get a 50-60 point C. Holzer is a young DFD who is ready (something you need)

As for the prospect I want to say someone like Jurco, Tatar, but I know you guys value Helm highly.

Phion Keneuf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 08:56 AM
Canadian Jesus

vCash: 50
OP proposal is just

Canadian Jesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 10:10 AM
Wingsfan2965*

Quote:
HUGE no from the Toronto side. Grabovski is one of the best centers in the league, Gunnarsson a premier shut down defender, and a 2nd in the deepest draft since '03 is a big no no.
Quote:
Colborne and a 3rd is something I'd be okay with.

Is there any way we can hold a tribal council and vote this guy off the island?

Wingsfan2965* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 10:16 AM
Wingsfan2965*

Quote:
Originally Posted by capitalsrock View Post
Red Wings are Rebuilding so

Steckel,Komisarek,Colborne,6th for Datsyuk

Wings need defensive depth, 4th line center, good prospect, 6th round pick which could probably end up being another Datsyuk because of Detroit's scouts so imo Detroit wins in the long run while clearing cap space.
Some people need to learn the difference between the words "Rebuild" and "Reload".

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamonDRW View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phion Keneuf View Post
We wouldn't want Franzen. What about this;

Helm + 1st + Prospect for Grabovski + Holzer

You guys get a 50-60 point C. Holzer is a young DFD who is ready (something you need)

As for the prospect I want to say someone like Jurco, Tatar, but I know you guys value Helm highly.
Maybe we could start by looking at the fact that Detroit already has three centers in their top six, and their top prospect (I consider Smith graduated, and Nyquist should be) is a center...

Wingsfan2965* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 10:36 AM
garce

If the Wings were to trade Datsyuk it would certainly indicate a major youth movement if not full out rebuild. The starting point would have to be a established very young star potential, another top prospect and a high pick and it would have to come from a team that truly believed they were 1 player away from winning the cup in the next 2 years. As terrific a player as Pavel has been and is, there is no way he is or should be on the Leafs radar.

garce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 12:35 PM
Unsportsmanlike
Marc Madsen

Quote:
ha wow, I know Leaf fans are delusional but you just brought it to a whole new level. Next you're going to tell me Phaneuf is the best captain in the league and that Reimer is a future Vezina winner

Unsportsmanlike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 02:12 PM
wingfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueBaron View Post
On behalf of all Leaf fans I apologize for the stupidity of this offer. Obviously Detriot will not trade Datsyuk and if they did I doubt we could give the value required without killing our team. The Colborne and a 3rd offer is rediculous and should not be taken as a reflection of what most fans think of a great player like Datsyuk.
Excellent analysis from a level headed Leaf fan, I applaud you. I think it's safe to say Pav will only be leaving the Wings to go home. Trading a talent like Datsyuk, no matter the age or years left on contract, would be wrong. Massive overpayment would be a must, and I still don't know if Holland would do it. This is like Wings fans thinking we can get Subban for scraps and mid round picks, it's not going to happen.

wingfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 02:42 PM
Jurky
Goodbye Dats :'(

vCash: 50
Quote:
Colborne and a 3rd is something I'd be okay with.

In a thread chock full of fail, you my friend take the cake.

Jurky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 03:11 PM
Eternal Sunshine

Quote:
Originally Posted by garce View Post
If the Wings were to trade Datsyuk it would certainly indicate a major youth movement if not full out rebuild. The starting point would have to be a established very young star potential, another top prospect and a high pick and it would have to come from a team that truly believed they were 1 player away from winning the cup in the next 2 years. As terrific a player as Pavel has been and is, there is no way he is or should be on the Leafs radar.
Good rundown. I agree.

I also don't think Dats would be as good anywhere else. He knows his teammates really well in Detroit, and is able to anticipate where to pass/ shoot, etc. Donno how motivated he would be playing in another environment.

Eternal Sunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 04:30 PM
mcphllp
Dion @ 6.5=Discount

where did Flowzie go? I am a fan!

mcphllp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 05:21 PM
SoulAssassin

Quote:
Your joking right?

Thornton, Stamkos, Pavelski, Couture, Datsyuk, Crosby, Malkin, Getzlaf, Sedin, J.Staal, E.Staal, B.Richards, M.Richards, Benn, Krejci, Bergeron, Tavares, Kopitar, Spezza, Giroux, Duchene, Oreilly, Stepan, Filppula, Backes, Nugent-Hopkins, Zajac, Desharnais, etc... Please tell me some of these names are ringing a bell

SoulAssassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 05:25 PM
Leafs87
Mr. Steal Your Job

I know this proposal doesn't cut it but how does datsyuk really help with the plan we have in place ?

Leafs87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 05:52 PM
Petes2424

If the Leafs could make this deal, they would in a heartbeat. Cause they sure could turn around and trade Datsyuk for a heck of a lot more.

Datsyuk is one of the best players in the league. He's 34. Not 36 and he makes every player around him better. Elite players dont get traded for a second tier center and a middle grade defenseman.

Petes2424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 06:00 PM
garyjones93

vCash: 356
Love datsyuk but I wouldn't give more than a 2nd and macA. We need young-mid age players not close to retiring players. But he needs to retire as a red wing.

garyjones93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 06:13 PM
Petes2424

I swear posters from other teams add a separate account to make universally crazy comments on here just to make us all look bad.

Petes2424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 06:17 PM
4thlineforlife

Kadri>Datsyuk

4thlineforlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 06:21 PM
Mr McV

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphllp View Post
where did Flowzie go? I am a fan!
I am sure when he starts making trade proposals, they will be very popular in Leaf Nation.

Mr McV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 06:29 PM
Walter Kovacs
Here We Go Again....

Quote:
Yeah no, good center top 15 in the league maybe but one of the best, gimme a break.

Walter Kovacs is offline   Reply With Quote