HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Kreider with a bone chip in ankle (2/5: Full contact practice)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-26-2013, 12:26 PM
  #26
CM PUNK
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 3,283
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion View Post
Sounds like a cover up to me. If this happend "a while ago" he wouldnt have been playing
yeah because guys NEVER try to play thru an injury

CM PUNK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 12:32 PM
  #27
Boom Boom Geoffrion*
CarciLOL
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: NYC
Country: Greece
Posts: 7,553
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion View Post
Sounds like a cover up to me. If this happend "a while ago" he wouldnt have been playing
What foolish thinking..

"A cover up"

I can see it now. Torts and Sather, sitting at opposite ends of a 44 foot executive table trying to find a valid excuse to justify Kreider's struggles.

"Let's say he chipped a bone so the fanbase can blame the injury for his poor play instead of thinking he's already a bust"


Do you guys think before posting nonsense like this? Is everything really a conspiracy?


Boom Boom Geoffrion* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 12:36 PM
  #28
BBKers
Registered User
 
BBKers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: South Koster, Sweden
Country: Sweden
Posts: 5,678
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to BBKers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom Boom Geoffrion View Post
What foolish thinking..

"A cover up"

I can see it now. Torts and Sather, sitting at opposite ends of a 44 foot executive table trying to find a valid excuse to justify Kreider's struggles.

"Let's say he chipped a bone so the fanbase can blame the injury for his poor play instead of thinking he's already a bust"


Do you guys think before posting nonsense like this? Is everything really a conspiracy?

I am afraid it is. Except in just this instance

BBKers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 01:10 PM
  #29
KingWantsCup
Super Saiyan Hank
 
KingWantsCup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 5,300
vCash: 50
Damn.

KingWantsCup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 02:45 PM
  #30
Conine
Registered User
 
Conine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 188
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Plains Batman View Post
Brooksy just had another grandkid a few weeks ago. He might've taken some vacation time to spend it with the family.

Good opportunity for Kreider to watch and learn, take notes. Obviously the still want him up for a reason or he'd be sent down.
He's not going to learn much from watching the way this team is playing right now.

Conine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 02:50 PM
  #31
Dangleberry
Registered User
 
Dangleberry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Queens, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 1,138
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Conine View Post
He's not going to learn much from watching the way this team is playing right now.
Lies. He will learn a great deal. And by that I mean he will learn what not to do.

Dangleberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 03:01 PM
  #32
Conine
Registered User
 
Conine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 188
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangleberry View Post
Lies. He will learn a great deal. And by that I mean he will learn what not to do.
QFT

Conine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 03:20 PM
  #33
highandwide
It's gold Jerry.
 
highandwide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 729
vCash: 500
how long does an injury like that take to heal?

highandwide is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 03:33 PM
  #34
SwedishBullet62
Never go full torts.
 
SwedishBullet62's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 4,735
vCash: 500
A cover up? that's absolutely rediculous, like the organization is going to make up an injury to appease all the fans and posters here who are crucifying this kid for playing like **** and looking out of place. If he's injured he's injured and it does explain to an extent why he's played the way he has, his explosive skating and top speed are a HUGE part of his game without it he's not himself. Regardless i think a couple games off to sit out, heal up and watch the team play can't hurt at all and I look forward to watching him play healthy in a few games.

SwedishBullet62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 03:37 PM
  #35
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash
 
BlueshirtBlitz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New York
Posts: 18,749
vCash: 500
Hopefully it explains why he looks slower than Rupp.

Get better soon, Chris.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 03:40 PM
  #36
Khelvan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: San Francisco, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 1,376
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Khelvan Send a message via AIM to Khelvan Send a message via MSN to Khelvan
Does this require surgery?

Khelvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 03:45 PM
  #37
Silence Of The Plams
All these feels
 
Silence Of The Plams's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Lancaster, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 17,382
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khelvan View Post
Does this require surgery?
Eventually it will i think... same with when Drury had that fluid buildup in his knee...

Silence Of The Plams is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 04:15 PM
  #38
SERE 24
LGR
 
SERE 24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 9,779
vCash: 500
Depending on the size of the chip it may not require surgery. My bone chip in my ankle I asked my doctor if they'd need to remove it and he said that it would just grind itself to dust over time and wasn't worth surgery unless it caused more discomfort down the road before disappearing.

SERE 24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 04:51 PM
  #39
Riverdale
Registered User
 
Riverdale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Country: United States
Posts: 5,597
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellion View Post
sounds like a cover up to me. If this happend "a while ago" he wouldnt have been playing
836904-uiioopl_super.jpg

Riverdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 05:02 PM
  #40
BBKers
Registered User
 
BBKers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: South Koster, Sweden
Country: Sweden
Posts: 5,678
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to BBKers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverdale View Post
I got drunk with Fox Mulder once. We fished salmon in the midnight sun and played pool until 5 AM. Nice guy... crazy like me. He came to my resort in Iceland in a black helicopter. True!

BBKers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 06:02 PM
  #41
Baby Punisher
Registered User
 
Baby Punisher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Staten Island, NY
Posts: 2,499
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynRangersFan View Post
Again guys, he was reported to be in a walking boot after a Whale game a few weeks back.
Construction boots? Snow boots? It snows quite a bit in Hartford.

The timing is suspect. If this is what it is than so be it.

Baby Punisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 06:05 PM
  #42
Baby Punisher
Registered User
 
Baby Punisher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Staten Island, NY
Posts: 2,499
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPF24 View Post
Depending on the size of the chip it may not require surgery. My bone chip in my ankle I asked my doctor if they'd need to remove it and he said that it would just grind itself to dust over time and wasn't worth surgery unless it caused more discomfort down the road before disappearing.
Just like my hopes, my dreams & aspirations.

Baby Punisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 06:59 PM
  #43
Hellion
Stone Age Hockey
 
Hellion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Stavanger, Norway
Country: Norway
Posts: 4,937
vCash: 50
Haha, if you guys believe this team (or any team for that matter) wouldnt want to "excuse" the failure of its golden boy and top prospect after being horrible both in CT and with the mother club that is fine but a little naive.
Playing through injury? Lol

Hellion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 07:07 PM
  #44
SwedishBullet62
Never go full torts.
 
SwedishBullet62's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 4,735
vCash: 500
wrong thread

SwedishBullet62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 07:10 PM
  #45
SwedishBullet62
Never go full torts.
 
SwedishBullet62's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 4,735
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion View Post
Haha, if you guys believe this team (or any team for that matter) wouldnt want to "excuse" the failure of its golden boy and top prospect after being horrible both in CT and with the mother club that is fine but a little naive.
Playing through injury? Lol
why would the organization care about what you, or any other fan thinks about Kreiders play thus far this season to make up an injury to cover it up? that statements just rediculous...the teams trainers and doctors job isnt to make **** up to appease the fan base

SwedishBullet62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 07:14 PM
  #46
Hellion
Stone Age Hockey
 
Hellion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Stavanger, Norway
Country: Norway
Posts: 4,937
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangerdanger20 View Post
why would the organization care about what you, or any other fan thinks about Kreiders play thus far this season to make up an injury to cover it up? that statements just rediculous...the teams trainers and doctors job isnt to make **** up to appease the fan base
Im pretty sure it cares about loosing face? Kreider was supposed to be a home run, he has shown not to be

Hellion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 11:11 PM
  #47
Zil
Registered User
 
Zil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 3,784
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion View Post
Im pretty sure it cares about loosing face? Kreider was supposed to be a home run, he has shown not to be
Yes, because the first thing the organization thinks about when a prospect struggles is how to spin it to the HFboards crowd. It's just like that time during Del Zotto's awful sophomore season when they pretended he'd been eaten by a crocodile.

Zil is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 11:20 PM
  #48
Tawnos
A guy with a bass
 
Tawnos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Charlotte, NC
Country: United States
Posts: 11,502
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion View Post
Im pretty sure it cares about loosing face? Kreider was supposed to be a home run, he has shown not to be
Actually, no he hasn't shown not to be. He hasn't shown to be either. He's played 4 regular season games in the NHL. Nothing has been proved or disproved in that time. Even if the Rangers cared about saving face, which they pretty obviously don't, there would be nothing to save face from here.

Tawnos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 11:26 PM
  #49
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash
 
BlueshirtBlitz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New York
Posts: 18,749
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zil View Post
Yes, because the first thing the organization thinks about when a prospect struggles is how to spin it to the HFboards crowd. It's just like that time during Del Zotto's awful sophomore season when they pretended he'd been eaten by a crocodile.
I thought he actually did get eaten by a crocodile, but he fought his way out and that's why he's so good now.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 11:32 PM
  #50
HatTrick Swayze
Tomato Potato
 
HatTrick Swayze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 9,345
vCash: 500
And they made him walk around in a boot the weekend before camp opened just for the hell of it.

"Hey Chris, we know you're going to suck, so can you just spend the weekend in this boot? Thanks!"

__________________
"Here we can see the agression of american people. They love fighting and guns. when they wont win they try to kill us all." -HalfOfFame
HatTrick Swayze is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:06 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.