HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Hockey Fights
Hockey Fights Discuss and rate hockey fights and fighters of today and from the past. Videos welcome!

Lucic floors Carkner

Closed Thread

Old
01-26-2013, 03:12 PM
Bi Coastal Bawse*
RIP Sam Berns

vCash: 500
The Butt Hurt in this thread is at a high

Lucic wouldn't fight the "top" fighters because those guys these days won't be on the ice with him.

Old
01-26-2013, 03:27 PM
Ziggy66

vCash: 131
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilou View Post
Well you got to give Carkner credit. Yeah he's lost every fight against a heavyweight but he never wimps out. Won't surprise me if he drops them with Orr a few times this season.
?
according to hockeyfights.com he has "won" the following fights Vs.

Parros, S. Thornton, Booggard, Godard, Rupp, Stortini (aka snuggles) and a bunch of other decent opponenets.

He also beat Orr once......just once though. I think the series is roughlty 4-1-1 for Orr

or is a win a tko now?

and to throw my 2cents in Lucic is one hell of a scrapper.

Old
01-26-2013, 03:38 PM
TieClark

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJ StockBB View Post
i would love for you to tell us who you do think are heavyweights in the NHL?
Orr, Engelland, Scott, Macintyre, McGrattan, Thornton etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy66 View Post
?
according to hockeyfights.com he has "won" the following fights Vs.

Parros, S. Thornton, Booggard, Godard, Rupp, Stortini (aka snuggles) and a bunch of other decent opponenets.

He also beat Orr once......just once though. I think the series is roughlty 4-1-1 for Orr

or is a win a tko now?

and to throw my 2cents in Lucic is one hell of a scrapper.
Take a look at the years he fought those guys...

Old
01-26-2013, 03:42 PM
Ziggy66

Quote:
Originally Posted by TieClark View Post
Orr, Engelland, Scott, Macintyre, McGrattan, Thornton etc.

I never knew fight records had an exp. date

To say he has never beat a heavyweight is completely false..........

Old
01-26-2013, 03:43 PM
Cyris
Global Moderator
The one who knocks!

vCash: 1269
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruinsNeedaRussian View Post

Lucic has now beaten him twice.
Whats you point? Orr is 4-1 against Carkner.

Old
01-26-2013, 03:50 PM
TieClark

Quote:
I never knew fight records had an exp. date

To say he has never beat a heavyweight is completely false..........
Well when he hasn't fought a heavyweight in over 2 years no it isn't completely false...

Old
01-26-2013, 03:51 PM
cneely

Quote:
Originally Posted by bud12 View Post
Chara suck at fighting. Is fight again Koci was one of is best but look the other one.This is why I called you a homer.
p.s: The nose of Koci was broken before the fight to........

And for the list, you mentionned that fighting was a big part of the criteria. So its absurd to think that the 3 bruins players are ahead of Mcgrattan, this is why I think this list is ********.....
Chara's had some other beauts. Google the Gill or McCabe fights. Hs "fights" with Brashear were garbage though.

Toughness has other elements. Fighting is just part of it.

Old
01-26-2013, 03:52 PM
H2ODP

vCash: 177
Quote:
You do realize Carkner had knee issues for the entire calendar year of 2011 which kept him out of the lineup for parts of 2 seasons right? Also, last year was an anomaly for Carkner, he sought out opponents often and couldn't find willing combatants. Carkner hasn't lost an edge at all, I'll give you his chin might be suspect but he still has one of the best right hands in the league.

Stop trying to sell the idea that Carkner isn't the same because of a fight from years ago vs Orr. As you can see by his fight history he went on to fight other heavies after.

How did this thread become a Carkner vs Orr thread anyway? This is about Carkner vs Lucic and it was a great showing by Lucic. I envy the Bruins, they have an amazing team.

Old
01-26-2013, 03:56 PM
TieClark

Quote:
Originally Posted by H2ODP View Post
You do realize Carkner had knee issues for the entire calendar year of 2011 which kept him out of the lineup for parts of 2 seasons right? Also, last year was an anomaly for Carkner, he sought out opponents often and couldn't find willing combatants. Carkner hasn't lost an edge at all, I'll give you his chin might be suspect but he still has one of the best right hands in the league.

Stop trying to sell the idea that Carkner isn't the same because of a fight from years ago vs Orr. As you can see by his fight history he went on to fight other heavies after.

How did this thread become a Carkner vs Orr thread anyway? This is about Carkner vs Lucic and it was a great showing by Lucic. I envy the Bruins, they have an amazing team.
He isn't the same fighter.... very clearly. He didn't fight Orr when the Isles played Toronto, he hasn't fought anyone of note in over 2 years... how exactly can you still think the guy is the same fighter who was going to toe to toe with Orr 3 years ago?

Old
01-26-2013, 04:02 PM
Ziggy66

Quote:
Well when he hasn't fought a heavyweight in over 2 years no it isn't completely false...
did you even read what I replied too...a poster commented that Carkner has Lost every fight to heavyweights based on the fact that Carkner has beat a few heavyweights in his hockey career...... he has won some heavyweight fights............... not sure what you dont understand

Old
01-26-2013, 04:04 PM
TieClark

Tough to keep track of individual arguments when everyone is going all over the place

Old
01-26-2013, 04:07 PM
Ziggy66

Quote:
Tough to keep track of individual arguments when everyone is going all over the place
all good. not trying to argue was just stating he has won a few heavyweight fights in his career.

and just for fun............. Lucic will destroy Orr next time they meet

Old
01-26-2013, 04:11 PM
Seth Rollins
Sierra, Hotel, India

I honestly think Lucic should fight less. Not because he can't handle himself, which would be asinine to think, but because he's a top 6 forward and he's fighting 6th/7th defensemen or 4th liners/13th forwards.

Old
01-26-2013, 04:26 PM
SPLBRUIN

Those people dismissing Carkner as a true heavyweight are just embarrasing themselves. Two years ago he pounded just about everyone including at the time the #1 heavyweight in the late Derek Booregard, in fact he concussed Booregard. Sure he has had his problems with Orr, but he is a big time legit heavyweight. The Lucic haters better get used to seeing Lucic pound his opponents, he hasn't lost a scrap in about 2 years and is paying back all those guys who gave him a difficult time when he was young, check out the Neil and Prust 2nd fights as an example. Next guy up is Orr, he is going to feel the wrath of Lucic too, Lucic is getting scary good in his fight, only the very best stand a chance against him. Mr. Orr you are on the clock.

Old
01-26-2013, 04:35 PM
Cyris
Global Moderator
The one who knocks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPLBRUIN View Post
Those people dismissing Carkner as a true heavyweight are just embarrasing themselves. Two years ago he pounded just about everyone including at the time the #1 heavyweight in the late Derek Booregard, in fact he concussed Booregard. Sure he has had his problems with Orr, but he is a big time legit heavyweight. The Lucic haters better get used to seeing Lucic pound his opponents, he hasn't lost a scrap in about 2 years and is paying back all those guys who gave him a difficult time when he was young, check out the Neil and Prust 2nd fights as an example. Next guy up is Orr, he is going to feel the wrath of Lucic too, Lucic is getting scary good in his fight, only the very best stand a chance against him. Mr. Orr you are on the clock.
Looking forward to it

Old
01-26-2013, 04:43 PM
Ziggy66

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyris View Post
Looking forward to it
as TieClark would say Take a look at the year they fought............

Lucic is only getting older and stronger.

Old
01-26-2013, 04:49 PM
SPLBRUIN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyris View Post
Looking forward to it
I suspect when Lucic pounds Orr in the rematch as he will do, the Lucic haters will keep on throwing out video of some of Lucic's fights when he was just a kid, that's all they have to hold on too. Orr wasn't fighting NHL heavyweights as a youngster like Lucic was, he was honing his skills in the minors, because he would have had his ass handed to him, well Lucic is now all grown up, we will see how they fare this time.

Old
01-26-2013, 04:50 PM
Cyris
Global Moderator
The one who knocks!

Quote:
as TieClark would say Take a look at the year they fought............

Lucic is only getting older and stronger.
I guess we will see....

I will admit Lucic is getting more beastly and Orr still has alot to prove right now.

Old
01-26-2013, 05:00 PM
Cyris
Global Moderator
The one who knocks!

Quote:
I suspect when Lucic pounds Orr in the rematch as he will do, the Lucic haters will keep on throwing out video of some of Lucic's fights when he was just a kid, that's all they have to hold on too. Orr wasn't fighting NHL heavyweights as a youngster like Lucic was, he was honing his skills in the minors, because he would have had his ass handed to him, well Lucic is now all grown up, we will see how they fare this time.
Lucic was 22 when he fought Orr. Orr was 23 when he broke into the league and started fighting the best of the best.

Old
01-26-2013, 05:06 PM
TieClark

Quote:
lol there is no chance Lucic beats Orr... I seriously doubt he'd ever fight him again, he'd let Thornton do it and go for Brown instead. If by some miracle he did fight him and he did in fact beat I'm I'd be the first to admit he's a legitimate heavyweight fighter that can go with anyone in the league. Until he proves that, he's not.

Old
01-26-2013, 05:08 PM
KT7

Quote:
Originally Posted by TyutinMyOwnHorn View Post
I honestly think Lucic should fight less. Not because he can't handle himself, which would be asinine to think, but because he's a top 6 forward and he's fighting 6th/7th defensemen or 4th liners/13th forwards.
Agree, the guy is too good to be trading 5 minutes with a guy like Carkner or whoever it may be. He's good to keep on the ice as a fear factor, IMO when he fights guys like this it deflates his worth.

He's a rare breed that can fight and score in the top 6 role and he should be made more aware of that.

Old
01-26-2013, 05:10 PM
TieClark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayzed1 View Post
Agree, the guy is too good to be trading 5 minutes with a guy like Carkner or whoever it may be. He's good to keep on the ice as a fear factor, IMO when he fights guys like this it deflates his worth.

He's a rare breed that can fight and score in the top 6 role and he should be made more aware of that.
Tough to have a fear factor if you don't fight...

Old
01-26-2013, 05:49 PM
JMiller

Quote:
Tough to have a fear factor if you don't fight...
He'll fight, just ask Carkner. But he'd be a fool to fight every time some 3 min a night goon calls him out. Who cares if he scares one of them. He should be scaring defensemen who try to contain him. Defensemen who get real minutes should be the ones afraid to push him out of the crease. Players around the league notice what he is capable of when confronted and give him a lot of space out there. That's the "fear factor" that matters.

Old
01-26-2013, 05:57 PM
TieClark

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMiller View Post
He'll fight, just ask Carkner. But he'd be a fool to fight every time some 3 min a night goon calls him out. Who cares if he scares one of them. He should be scaring defensemen who try to contain him. Defensemen who get real minutes should be the ones afraid to push him out of the crease. Players around the league notice what he is capable of when confronted and give him a lot of space out there. That's the "fear factor" that matters.
In order to have that, you have to fight the players that matter. Players notice who it is guys are beating on

Old
01-26-2013, 06:00 PM
cneely

Quote:
lol there is no chance Lucic beats Orr... I seriously doubt he'd ever fight him again, he'd let Thornton do it and go for Brown instead. If by some miracle he did fight him and he did in fact beat I'm I'd be the first to admit he's a legitimate heavyweight fighter that can go with anyone in the league. Until he proves that, he's not.
Lol. How big of you. If he beats the toughest guy in the league, you'll admit he's a legit heavyweight.
He is already. Whether you want to admit it or not.

Closed Thread