HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Acq/ Rost. Bldg./ Cap Part XVII

Closed Thread

Old
01-26-2013, 05:30 PM
I Am Score*
---BradD---

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChibiPooky View Post
Again, cheaper than Neuvirth's $1.15M or Holtby's $0.64M

Again, I said I'm aware of why he shouldn't be here. McPhee has a track record of keeping Schultz despite enormous evidence that he should be dumped. So what makes you think he'll actually do it now, when the reasons he should be gone are the same, and he's still here?
Because he's not even playing? In the past he was playing, now he's not being used at all. He'd have to completely fire Oates and not even attempt to acquire another defenseman. I don't see that happening.

I think you just proved my point how clueless you are with the bolded. That's career AHLer money for Holtby which he is not. Neuvirth is being paid as basically a backup, which he is not.

One of them will be paid as a franchise goaltender next season. That is to be expected. To compare the contracts before they broke out and first coming into the league to their future ones is ridiculous.

Old
01-26-2013, 05:30 PM
ChibiPooky
Caps/Avs/Bills fan

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradD View Post
I try to reason
Please quote me one single instance of you reasoning. In case it's unclear, that means a statement followed by evidence to support it.

Old
01-26-2013, 05:34 PM
I Am Score*
---BradD---

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braden Carlzner View Post
You question if I watch hockey... and bring up a wikipedia post that says he scored some goals to try and dispute my statement that cup winning teams don't have rookies as core pieces... One can conclude that I actually watched those playoffs, while you pulled up a wikipedia post in a weak attempt to prove me wrong.

I knew what he did in the playoffs, I looked up statistics and quoted it to prove my point.

And most people are comparing him to a young Crosby. Most scouts say he is more like a young Tavares.

So yeah I mean if you want to disagree with me that's cool but these guys do this for a living. Take it up with them.

Quote:
I'd put him in juniors before I'd put him on the third line.

Please show your supporting evidence for your claim that MacKinnon could probably beat Ribeiro for the 2nd line job.
All i'm going to say before I leave this thread is that you compared Holtby/Neuvirth's future salary to what they're getting paid now

It's almost like you expect Holtby and Neuvirth to get paid under 1 million.

It's kind of funny how you criticize me and then say that. Entry level contracts are cool too, right?

Old
01-26-2013, 05:39 PM
I Am Score*
---BradD---

Quote:
Please quote me one single instance of you reasoning. In case it's unclear, that means a statement followed by evidence to support it.
I'll bold it for you:

Clearly the coaching staff believes Kundratek can be a third pair defenseman or he wouldn't be out there over Schultz, Erskine, Hamrlik, Poti, etc. at times

Wolski is a top 6 forward on our team and we got him as a FA worth 600k. It's his fifth team in just over two years. He's a top 6 forward on our team, who was last traded to Florida for a third round pick and a player in the AHL.

He would barely crack a third line on some teams.

Ovechkin's production is going down along with Backstrom. Plus Brouwer is universally accepted as not being a 2nd line player, and he is on our 2nd line. We acquire a 2nd line Center but don't have anyone around him. People in the main forums are asking why Brouwer is payed that much as he is not a 2nd line player, including fans of the Blackhawks.

We do not have a 1st line RW (Wolski, Brouwer, Laich has not worked).

Yeah i'd say I reason pretty well.

Bye now.

Old
01-26-2013, 05:45 PM
Brad Tolliver
Terror Goes Into

Neither goalie has the numbers to be looking at a franchise goalie contract.

Old
01-26-2013, 05:48 PM
Brad Tolliver
Terror Goes Into

Seguin, when he actually got to play, was getting 10 minutes a game in that Bruins playoff run.

Old
01-26-2013, 05:50 PM
HTFN

Quote:
Because he's not even playing? In the past he was playing, now he's not being used at all. He'd have to completely fire Oates and not even attempt to acquire another defenseman. I don't see that happening.

I think you just proved my point how clueless you are with the bolded. That's career AHLer money for Holtby which he is not. Neuvirth is being paid as basically a backup, which he is not.

One of them will be paid as a franchise goaltender next season. That is to be expected. To compare the contracts before they broke out and first coming into the league to their future ones is ridiculous.
That's just not going to happen.

Old
01-26-2013, 05:50 PM
I Am Score*
---BradD---

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad Tolliver View Post
Neither goalie has the numbers to be looking at a franchise goalie contract.
Neither did Varlamov.

Old
01-26-2013, 05:52 PM
I Am Score*
---BradD---

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTFN View Post
That's just not going to happen.
You'll see.

Old
01-26-2013, 05:52 PM
Carlzner
Who's Zed?

Quote:
Neither did Varlamov.
And Varlamov didn't get a franchise goalie contract..

Old
01-26-2013, 05:53 PM
I Am Score*
---BradD---

Quote:
And Varlamov didn't get a franchise goalie contract..
Still more than what they both are making now.

He will get it when his three year deal expires. Plus it's a different franchise and different methods. If Washington wants a goalie for the future which they claim they do, they will lock him up for at least similar numbers or sign a long term deal.

If you don't at least make an effort to lock one of them up for the nearseeable future you've got bigger problems.

Old
01-26-2013, 05:53 PM
HTFN

Quote:
Neither did Varlamov.
Yeah. Do you know who the Capitals have signing people to contracts? You think maybe there's a reason why Varlamov, for better or worse, isn't playing here anymore? Furthermore, you think Holtby or Neuvirth's agent is going to sucker said person into a big time deal when he's got goalies coming out his ears at nearly every level?

Old
01-26-2013, 05:54 PM
Liberati0n*
Full Hammock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad Tolliver View Post
Seguin, when he actually got to play, was getting 10 minutes a game in that Bruins playoff run.
Core piece.

Old
01-26-2013, 05:54 PM
Carlzner
Who's Zed?

Quote:
I knew what he did in the playoffs, I looked up statistics and quoted it to prove my point.

And most people are comparing him to a young Crosby. Most scouts say he is more like a young Tavares.

So yeah I mean if you want to disagree with me that's cool but these guys do this for a living. Take it up with them.
You seem to keep believing that players are the same, and develop the same way. Nobody is denying that MacKinnon is a top prospect either.

Old
01-26-2013, 05:56 PM
HTFN

Quote:
You seem to keep believing that players are the same, and develop the same way. Nobody is denying that MacKinnon is a top prospect either.
Well they do depending on if they're A, B, maybe B- potential. I never go below that.

Old
01-26-2013, 05:57 PM
Carlzner
Who's Zed?

Quote:
Still more than what they both are making now.

He will get it when his three year deal expires. Plus it's a different franchise and different methods. If Washington wants a goalie for the future which they claim they do, they will lock him up for at least similar numbers or sign a long term deal.

If you don't at least make an effort to lock one of them up for the nearseeable future you've got bigger problems.
Not really. Neither of them have proven to be a consistent starting goaltender. Giving an unproven goalie a longterm contract is an absolutely terrible idea. See: DiPietro

Not to mention, the Caps are stacked at the goaltender position prospect-wise.

Old
01-26-2013, 05:58 PM
I Am Score*
---BradD---

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTFN View Post
Yeah. Do you know who the Capitals have signing people to contracts? You think maybe there's a reason why Varlamov, for better or worse, isn't playing here anymore? Furthermore, you think Holtby or Neuvirth's agent is going to sucker said person into a big time deal when he's got goalies coming out his ears at nearly every level?
Does it really matter whose signing on the dotted line?

Franchise goaltenders get franchise money. Period. One of the two netminders will demand money. This season is about finding out who it is.

Old
01-26-2013, 06:01 PM
I Am Score*
---BradD---

Quote:
Not really. Neither of them have proven to be a consistent starting goaltender. Giving an unproven goalie a longterm contract is an absolutely terrible idea. See: DiPietro

Not to mention, the Caps are stacked at the goaltender position prospect-wise.
Because I totally suggested giving DiPietro like money to either of them..

The GM, after this season, will look at both goaltenders and make a decision who go forward with. The other goaltender will be moved.

This is the decision year. Whoever plays better will likely have the notion of being the team's goaltender for the future. Is that fair due to our lineup? Probably not, but it's how it's going to be.

Old
01-26-2013, 06:04 PM
Carlzner
Who's Zed?

Quote:
Because I totally suggested giving DiPietro like money to either of them..

The GM, after this season, will look at both goaltenders and make a decision who go forward with. The other goaltender will be moved.

This is the decision year. Whoever plays better will likely have the notion of being the team's goaltender for the future. Is that fair due to our lineup? Probably not, but it's how it's going to be.
You did.

A Franchise Goalie contract = A DiPietro contract. DiPietro was unproven when given it and obviously didn't deserve it. Just like how Neuvirth and Holtby don't deserve one.

Edit: Oh I see... you were thinking of giving them a low cost high term contract? Like in EA NHL when the Goalie's overall is low but has high potential?

Old
01-26-2013, 06:05 PM
I Am Score*
---BradD---

Quote:
The only reference point you have on how players will develop is recent history of other players in that draft span, how old they are and similar skill sets.

You've gone off enough trying to discredit me with nonsense. First you say "LOL the next Tavares" yet then say you believe he is a top prospect.

You can compare him to anyone you want, that is what the scouts are saying. I'm not saying I believe it or not, i'm just repeating their statements.

Blocked.

Old
01-26-2013, 06:08 PM
Carlzner
Who's Zed?

Quote:
The only reference point you have on how players will develop is recent history of other players in that draft span, how old they are and similar skill sets.

You've gone off enough trying to discredit me with nonsense. First you say "LOL the next Tavares" yet then say you believe he is a top prospect.

You can compare him to anyone you want, that is what the scouts are saying. I'm not saying I believe it or not, i'm just repeating their statements.

Blocked.
He is a top prospect... but to believe he's "the next Tavares" because scouts say he reminds them of Tavares/Crosby is just absolutely silly. As I said, no two prospects are the same, and how an NHL team chooses to develop them plays a big part in shaping how good they become.

Old
01-26-2013, 06:32 PM
Dr John Carlson
Emotional Boys 2001

Quote:
Draft Seth Jones over possibly the next John Tavares, sigh.
Draft Nathan Mackinnon over possibly the next Chris Pronger, sigh.

Old
01-26-2013, 06:39 PM
I Am Score*
---BradD---

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr John Carlson View Post
Draft Nathan Mackinnon over possibly the next Chris Pronger, sigh.
Seth Jones: 6'3, 200 lbs

Chris Pronger: 6'6, 220 lbs

They are teh saym.

Old
01-26-2013, 06:40 PM
Carlzner
Who's Zed?

Quote:
Seth Jones: 6'3, 200 lbs

Chris Pronger: 6'6, 220 lbs

They are teh saym.
Lol, he was mocking you.

Old
01-26-2013, 06:57 PM
Millhaus

Quote:
You do realize there is a thing called a draft lottery, right?

And New Jersey made the Stanley Cup finals picking fourth in 2011. Florida won the division picking third.
Larsson played 5 playoff games and Huberdeau was sent back to juniors. Florida completely remade their team from the one that earned that 3rd overall pick and Parise only playing 13 games was a huge reason why the Devils picked 4th.

You have some fantasy where the exact same team the Caps had that earned the number 1 overall pick is kept together, they add Nugent-Hopkins and go from terrible to world beaters with him playing a big part in it. That doesn't happen.

Closed Thread