HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

*ALL* PK Subban talk (News/Speculation/Rumors/Proposals) III

Closed Thread

Old
01-26-2013, 05:31 PM
Paladin2799

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Gardien View Post
Something like Couturier and a 1st is probably acceptable, but in the context of a doomsday scenario where the Habs actually do have to trade Subban and I'd still be very disappointed if it came to that. I wouldn't do that deal for a signed Subban in a happier world. Couturier is of course very good, and may well one day be as good as Subban, but it's still not a deal that helps *BUILD* the Habs. It just swaps a great young asset we need desperately for another good-and-eventually-hopefully-great young asset, but doesn't leave us ahead in the long run. Normally you want to find a way to move ahead with your trades, or deal from strengths to address weaknesses. Defense is definitely not a position of strength for the Habs, even if big good young centers is a position of weakness.
I think that montreal should be all over a deal for couts and a first for subban.

Not only does it give them great long term center depth with pleks, eller, and couts. It also gives them 2 firsts in a really deep draft coming up. They cant come to terms with this player, I think that it would be a fantastic building move for the future.

I also think that you could also see pleks move at that point for additional picks etc leaving eller and couts as your young top6 center core for the next 10 years.

Old
01-26-2013, 05:32 PM
Bourne Endeavor
( _)>⌐■-■ (⌐■_■)

vCash: 13357
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Gardien View Post
Something like Couturier and a 1st is probably acceptable, but in the context of a doomsday scenario where the Habs actually do have to trade Subban and I'd still be very disappointed if it came to that. I wouldn't do that deal for a signed Subban in a happier world. Couturier is of course very good, and may well one day be as good as Subban, but it's still not a deal that helps *BUILD* the Habs. It just swaps a great young asset we need desperately for another good-and-eventually-hopefully-great young asset, but doesn't leave us ahead in the long run. Normally you want to find a way to move ahead with your trades, or deal from strengths to address weaknesses. Defense is definitely not a position of strength for the Habs, even if big good young centers is a position of weakness.
My issues with Couturier is he does not fill any particular need and necessitates moving Plekanec merely to slot into the roster. Furthermore, it maintains the inept status quo that has plagued Montreal management for the better part of the best two decades. Subban would not be traded to improve the team but to facilitate the egos of regime's dated philosophies. Perhaps, what makes it worse is Montreal's abysmal trade record. I have my doubts Philly would include Couturier.

Old
01-26-2013, 05:34 PM
Petes2424

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmdubois585 View Post
" I confirm that the #Flyers submitted a bid for P.K. Subban which include Sean Couturier" #Habs
It will need to include about $4 million more in salaries too...

If the Canadians can get an overpayment for Subban, (from Philly) than they should. If they dont want to pay him, they should move him. I wouldnt pay him $5 million either. Not when he still has a ton of maturing to do. I would assume they'd rather move him out west somewhere and there's quite a few teams that would obviously have the assets and the interest. Colorado comes to mind.

O'Reilly and Barrie...

Old
01-26-2013, 05:36 PM
glenbuis

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanHabtic View Post
Coupled with the fact that if you look at the 2013 UFA market there are minimal top-pairing defencemen talent or options. Which is why fans of certain teams are salivating like dirty filthy hyenas.
I think you got it dead on. I must admit, I was a bit of a hyena to when came to the thought of getting Benn.

Old
01-26-2013, 05:37 PM
Jtown

vCash: 539
i dont know what teams would give up for subban. but to me couturier seems like a really nice piece to add to get.

Boston could use a guy like him but that isnt going to happen.. WIngs? they could use him.

out of all the teams that could get him id say couturier would be the nicest piece from all those teams.

Old
01-26-2013, 05:40 PM
FanHabtic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jtown View Post
i dont know what teams would give up for subban. but to me couturier seems like a really nice piece to add to get.

Boston could use a guy like him but that isnt going to happen.. WIngs? they could use him.

out of all the teams that could get him id say couturier would be the nicest piece from all those teams.
Nice piece but the Habs are deep at center. What we need us Subban!

Old
01-26-2013, 05:41 PM
glenbuis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucbourdon View Post
Montreal want's a "bridge" deal, Meaning no more then 2/3 years.

Subban want's at least 4.5m a year, If he gets traded, canucks will do what they do best and get steal of deals, which subban would accept 4m for 8 years.

Montreal has zero interest in signing him long term.
If Canucks want Subban they should get us Couturier. Maybe try Kesler for him.

Old
01-26-2013, 05:44 PM
PricePkPatch

Quote:
Nice piece but the Habs are deep at center. What we need us Subban!
We can deal out spare centers. Especially this season, with teams suffering injuries.

Old
01-26-2013, 05:45 PM
glenbuis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pi View Post
Why would Bergevin trade Subban to us, unless the Leafs are clearly overpaying.

I don't see why the Leafs would be interested in overpaying though. I'd love to have Subban on the team but what exactly would be going back?
Van Riemsdyk and a first maybe.

Old
01-26-2013, 05:45 PM
EveryDay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petes2424 View Post
It will need to include about $4 million more in salaries too...

If the Canadians can get an overpayment for Subban, (from Philly) than they should. If they dont want to pay him, they should move him. I wouldnt pay him $5 million either. Not when he still has a ton of maturing to do. I would assume they'd rather move him out west somewhere and there's quite a few teams that would obviously have the assets and the interest. Colorado comes to mind.

O'Reilly and Barrie...
Like Coburn + Couturier for Subban + Eller?

Old
01-26-2013, 05:47 PM
Pi

vCash: 100
Quote:
Coupled with the fact that if you look at the 2013 UFA market there are minimal top-pairing defencemen talent or options. Which is why fans of certain teams are salivating like dirty filthy hyenas.
Plus, it's getting tougher and tougher to get decent defenseman from the UFA market let alone top D's.

I think the Habs need to loosen up a bit, sign Subban and end this drama already.

I can understand the Luongo saga continuing but it really baffles me how Subban is not signed yet. I thought it would be fairly quick right after the lockout ended.

Old
01-26-2013, 05:47 PM
BobbyFischer*

Quote:
Originally Posted by EveryDay View Post
That's an interesting offer.

Old
01-26-2013, 05:50 PM
Garbage Goal

Quote:
Kind of redundant to trade our best d-man for the sake of acquiring our new top d-man.

Old
01-26-2013, 05:52 PM
glenbuis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Drebin View Post
Ya I suppose it worked out OK for the Bruins!

Old
01-26-2013, 05:54 PM
PricePkPatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garbage Goal View Post
Kind of redundant to trade our best d-man for the sake of acquiring our new top d-man.
Understandable. But Subban brings a whole new dimension to your defense.

Old
01-26-2013, 05:55 PM
glenbuis

Quote:
I wouldn't even do Coots straight up for PK. Schenn I would definitely do though.
Couturier's ceiling is two floors above Schenns.

Old
01-26-2013, 05:58 PM
glenbuis

Quote:
Originally Posted by JS19 View Post
With Don Meehan as his agent, yes it'll be Subban's demands or the highway. All it would take for Montreal to cave is a terrible record, Markov injury, or they don't cave and instead they explore trade offers that are so attractive that they wouldn't give two cents if Subban would've made any difference.

5mil I would imagine is fair market value for someone like Subban. The only reason I said that is because with Don Meehan as an agent, he tends to solely look at his client's needs without negotiating compromises with the GM (why not just negotiate to the middle if term is the problem? for instance, 6 years vs. 3 years, why not buy some UFA years and make it 4 or 5?).
why would someone put themselves in the position where you could lose him for nothing in four years?

Old
01-26-2013, 05:58 PM
Petes2424

Quote:
Yea, something more along those lines. Philly probably has to include a #1 pick though.

Old
01-26-2013, 05:59 PM
Krishna
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by PricePkPatch View Post
While taking a whole new dimension out of it.

Krishna
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petes2424 View Post
Yea, something more along those lines. Philly probably has to include a #1 pick though.
You can't be serious here.

Old
Garbage Goal

Quote:
Originally Posted by PricePkPatch View Post
Long-term it would probably prove worth it, but short-term it's just completely redundant.

Old
FakeKidPoker*

Oilers should go hard after him but think it would require one of the big 4 which would be too much.

Old
01-26-2013, 06:00 PM
FakeKidPoker*

Throwing this out there.. not a fan of either team but.

Gagne, Oilers first in 2013, Smid.

For Subban

Old
01-26-2013, 06:02 PM
glenbuis

Quote:
Someone wanna tell me what this means? All I see is Couturier.
Done deal . it's over.

Old
01-26-2013, 06:02 PM
Habsawce

vCash: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by FakeKidPoker View Post
Throwing this out there.. not a fan of either team but.

Gagne, Oilers first in 2013, Smid.

For Subban
One of the big 4, end of story. And as for Gagner, MTL has 4 centres either = to or better than him.

Closed Thread