HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Prospects
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

Anyone know anything about Vadzim Karaha?

Closed Thread

Old
12-14-2003, 12:25 PM
habsfansam

vCash: 500
Anyone know anything about Vadzim Karaha?

I've been keeping up with team Belarus at the World U20 groupB champs because i was interested to see how montreal 1st rounder, kastsitsyn, would be doing... i'm interested to know who the other guy lighting it up is. Karaha has something like 4points against france and had 5 agaisnt estonia... i realize the competition isn't that great, but is it him being an amazing player, or is it him being surrounded by two of the best players at the tourney (Zakharov and Kastsitsyn).

Is he draft eligible this year? Is he ranked by the CSB? Has anyone seen him play?

Apparently he's really small (5-9, 160)... any and all info is appreciated.

Thanks!

Old
12-14-2003, 12:27 PM
daiglek91

Here's what I got of him:

-A big man trapped in a little man's body.
-Tremendous skill, speedy and an aggressive, irritating nature.

He was eligible last year, and nobody drafted him, I think.

Old
12-14-2003, 12:34 PM
PanthersRule96

Listed under stats in Canada, it's Vadim Karaga. He was undrafted in the past draft but may be drafted this year. Probably will be. He plays for the London Knights and was drafted in the Import Draft I believe in the first round along with Devils prospect Ivan Khomutov. He is scoring for London and is an impact player.

Old
12-14-2003, 01:00 PM
Slick Nick

And certainly worthy of special mention is Red Line favourite Vadim Karaha, the feisty little Belarussian engine that could. We don't know if he'll make it in the NHL at 5-9 and 161 pounds, or be snapped like a twig. But we are unabashedly rooting for the little tike who first came to our attention in Halifax at the World Juniors.

Red Line has always championed small but skilled players, so long as they are willing to stick their nose into traffic and get dirty. Karaha, in our opinion, is truly a big man trapped in a little man's body, and we think he may just have the moxie to make it.

Kyle Woodlief, red line report.

Old
12-14-2003, 01:19 PM
OHLArenaGuide

So far in London he's fit in well with our team. He hasn't had many problems adjusting, mainly because he's got such an irritating nature that he doesn't get thrown around much. He's not the best player on the ice but he's a fantastic addition to the team, and I believe he'll be drafted this upcoming year.

Old
12-14-2003, 05:23 PM
paul99

Quote:
Originally Posted by sec17
So far in London he's fit in well with our team. He hasn't had many problems adjusting, mainly because he's got such an irritating nature that he doesn't get thrown around much. He's not the best player on the ice but he's a fantastic addition to the team, and I believe he'll be drafted this upcoming year.
I watched him closely for 5 games at last year WJC. He is very fast and very skill. But he is unfortunately too little to ever make the NHL. He has no chance at all.

Closed Thread