HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Hockey Fights
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Hockey Fights Discuss and rate hockey fights and fighters of today and from the past. Videos welcome!

Lucic floors Carkner

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-26-2013, 07:01 PM
  #126
TieClark
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 4,107
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cneely View Post
Lol. How big of you. If he beats the toughest guy in the league, you'll admit he's a legit heavyweight.
He is already. Whether you want to admit it or not.
He's not, whether you want to admit it or not

TieClark is offline  
Old
01-26-2013, 07:08 PM
  #127
cneely
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,941
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TieClark View Post
He's not, whether you want to admit it or not
Opinions are like rear ends.
I've produced evidence that he has fought and will fight, some of the toughest guys in the league, including last night. What have you got? Your argument that Carkner isn't tough anymore I guess.

Let me ask you this. What happens if he does fight Orr, and loses a close bought, or has a draw. Is that good enough for you?

cneely is offline  
Old
01-26-2013, 07:11 PM
  #128
TieClark
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 4,107
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cneely View Post
Opinions are like rear ends.
I've produced evidence that he has fought and will fight, some of the toughest guys in the league, including last night. What have you got? Your argument that Carkner isn't tough anymore I guess.

Let me ask you this. What happens if he does fight Orr, and loses a close bought, or has a draw. Is that good enough for you?
You're simply ignoring the fact that he's not

But sure...

TieClark is offline  
Old
01-26-2013, 07:17 PM
  #129
JMiller
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Watertown
Posts: 14,778
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TieClark View Post
In order to have that, you have to fight the players that matter. Players notice who it is guys are beating on
How many players in the league are tougher than Carkner and take a regular shift?

Besides Mcgrattan has a total of one more fight over the last two years combined. If you want to make a case that lucic doesn't fight enough then your making the same case for Mcgrattan.

JMiller is online now  
Old
01-26-2013, 07:19 PM
  #130
cneely
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,941
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyris View Post
Lucic was 22 when he fought Orr. Orr was 23 when he broke into the league and started fighting the best of the best.
When Orr was 23 he fought 14 times in the NHL and lost to Jason Strudwick, Eric Cairns, John Erskine (who according to tieclark is not a heavyweight), mcgrattan, and Erskine again.
The next year he lost to Brashear, Wade Belak, Andrew Peters, Cam Janssen, And Ben Eager (again not a heavy weight according to tieclark).

cneely is offline  
Old
01-26-2013, 07:20 PM
  #131
cneely
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,941
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TieClark View Post
You're simply ignoring the fact that he's not

But sure...
Fact? Give me some facts to back up your opinion.
Read my post above on Orr. I guess he wasn't a heavyweight at 23-24 either then. He lost to guys like Erskine and Eager who you refuse to credit Lucic for fighting.

cneely is offline  
Old
01-26-2013, 07:27 PM
  #132
TieClark
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 4,107
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cneely View Post
Fact? Give me some facts to back up your opinion.
Read my post above on Orr. I guess he wasn't a heavyweight at 23-24 either then. He lost to guys like Erskine and Eager who you refuse to credit Lucic for fighting.
Fact: He hasn't fought a heavyweight in over 2 years...

Eager and Erskine are not even near heavyweights

TieClark is offline  
Old
01-26-2013, 07:29 PM
  #133
cneely
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,941
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TieClark View Post
Fact: He hasn't fought a heavyweight in over 2 years...

Eager and Erskine are not even near heavyweights
Because he hasn't does not equal he can't.

Yet Orr has losses to both of those guys. Multiple losses to Erskine. I guess Orr is not a heavyweight then.

cneely is offline  
Old
01-26-2013, 07:42 PM
  #134
bud12
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,729
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cneely View Post
Chara's had some other beauts. Google the Gill or McCabe fights. Hs "fights" with Brashear were garbage though.

Toughness has other elements. Fighting is just part of it.
pls. just stop with Chara. I know all is fight and what is capable and what he's not. Fighting he can't. Gill is just a gian vagina and McCabe isn't a fighter. Chara have never been a good fighter. Wresling and takedown doesn't make you a good fighter. And Chara always lose is balance when is opponent start to getting the advantage. Yes, he have winned again other fighters but Chris Dingman too........


Erskine is a legit light heavy. One of the most underated.
Carkner is a heavy
Ivanans is a heavy
Rosehill is a light heavy
Eager just suck
Orr is a heavy
Mcgrattan is a heavy

stop the *****ing TieClark. Lucic have showed he can fight any heavy. Not win but he can fight them

bud12 is offline  
Old
01-26-2013, 07:46 PM
  #135
cneely
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,941
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bud12 View Post
pls. just stop with Chara. I know all is fight and what is capable and what he's not. Fighting he can't. Gill is just a gian vagina and McCabe isn't a fighter. Chara have never been a good fighter. Wresling and takedown doesn't make you a good fighter. And Chara always lose is balance when is opponent start to getting the advantage. Yes, he have winned again other fighters but Chris Dingman too........


Erskine is a legit light heavy. One of the most underated.
Carkner is a heavy
Ivanans is a heavy
Rosehill is a light heavy
Eager just suck
Orr is a heavy
Mcgrattan is a heavy

stop the *****ing TieClark. Lucic have showed he can take heavy
Chara's balance is crap. If not for that, he'd be a solid fighter.

Lucic is 24. At that age Orr couldn't beat too many heavyweights either.


Last edited by cneely: 01-26-2013 at 07:53 PM.
cneely is offline  
Old
01-26-2013, 07:50 PM
  #136
JMiller
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Watertown
Posts: 14,778
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bud12 View Post
pls. just stop with Chara. I know all is fight and what is capable and what he's not. Fighting he can't. Gill is just a gian vagina and McCabe isn't a fighter. Chara have never been a good fighter. Wresling and takedown doesn't make you a good fighter. And Chara always lose is balance when is opponent start to getting the advantage. Yes, he have winned again other fighters but Chris Dingman too........


Erskine is a legit light heavy. One of the most underated.
Carkner is a heavy
Ivanans is a heavy
Rosehill is a light heavy
Eager just suck
Orr is a heavy
Mcgrattan is a heavy

stop the *****ing TieClark. Lucic have showed he can fight any heavy. Not win but he can fight them
No one wants to fight chara.

JMiller is online now  
Old
01-26-2013, 08:00 PM
  #137
Polo*
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 2,298
vCash: 500
Carkner has been beat up by Orr too many times...he is damaged goods

Polo* is offline  
Old
01-26-2013, 08:02 PM
  #138
bud12
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,729
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cneely View Post
Chara's balance is crap. If not for that, he'd be a solid fighter.

Lucic is 24. At that age Orr couldn't beat too many heavyweights either.
soo you admit that Chara suck at fighting because is balance is crap but at the beginning, you were saying that he was a good fighter.

your argument is like " Gill's fighting technics is crap. If not for that, he'd be a solid fighter "

bud12 is offline  
Old
01-26-2013, 08:04 PM
  #139
cneely
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,941
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bud12 View Post
soo you admit that Chara suck at fighting because is balance is crap but at the beginning, you were saying that he was a good fighter.

your argument is like " Gill's fighting technics is crap. If not for that, he'd be a solid fighter "
Let me clarify. Chara is huge, mean, and scary as hell. He does not have good fighting technique.

cneely is offline  
Old
01-26-2013, 08:07 PM
  #140
bud12
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,729
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMiller View Post
Thanks for explaining your post at the end.
Chara had 99 fight during is career and got challenged multiple time during the beginning of it but he refused the majority of them. Not a single heavyweight in the NHL is scared of Chara. Put the bear poop out of your eyes.

bud12 is offline  
Old
01-26-2013, 08:10 PM
  #141
cneely
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,941
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bud12 View Post
Chara had 99 fight during is career and got challenged multiple time during the beginning of it but he refused the majority of them. Not a single heavyweight in the NHL is scared of Chara. Put the bear poop out of your eyes.
Chara puts a lot of fear into a lot of players with good reason. He's a physical specimen who hurts people.

cneely is offline  
Old
01-26-2013, 08:15 PM
  #142
zoA
Registered User
 
zoA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 573
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cneely View Post
Let me clarify. Chara is huge, mean, and scary as hell. He does not have good fighting technique.
This is probably the most accurate description of Chara, dude is a monster. Terrible fighting technique and I don't really think the super-heavy types are afraid of fighting with him, but I bet they definitely respect his toughness.

As to the fight, big win from Lucic, what a player, he put Carkner down for sure. Not sure why Orr is being mentioned. People who enjoy hockey fights should enjoy both Orr and Lucic. Do I think Orr is a better fighter than Lucic? Yes, but that takes nothing away from Lucic, he is one of the toughest players in the NHL too. Both Orr and Lucic are players you should never discount in a fight.

Great fight by Lucic.

zoA is offline  
Old
01-26-2013, 08:15 PM
  #143
JMiller
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Watertown
Posts: 14,778
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Polo View Post
Carkner has been beat up by Orr too many times...he is damaged goods
Damaged goods that beat quite a few legit heavies since losing to Orr.

JMiller is online now  
Old
01-26-2013, 08:17 PM
  #144
bud12
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,729
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cneely View Post
Chara puts a lot of fear into a lot of players with good reason. He's a physical specimen who hurts people.
yeah, I agree that he put fear into soft playes and non-fighters, but any heavy will go with Chara easy.

bud12 is offline  
Old
01-26-2013, 08:59 PM
  #145
JMiller
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Watertown
Posts: 14,778
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bud12 View Post
yeah, I agree that he put fear into soft playes and non-fighters, but any heavy will go with Chara easy.
That's because it's all they can do to stay in the league. They have no choice.

JMiller is online now  
Old
01-26-2013, 09:19 PM
  #146
VeddarRants
HEART AND SOUL
 
VeddarRants's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 12,514
vCash: 500
TieClark cracks me up

VeddarRants is online now  
Old
01-26-2013, 11:46 PM
  #147
Lobster57
#nofreepasses
 
Lobster57's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Victoria
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,315
vCash: 500
There are almost as many posts about Colton Orr in a thread about a Lucic/Carkner fight as there are in the 3 threads for actual Colton Orr fights combined.

Inferiority complex much?

Lobster57 is offline  
Old
01-27-2013, 03:24 AM
  #148
EastCoastNiner
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 1,810
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TieClark View Post
He's not, whether you want to admit it or not
Multiple people in here have given more concrete facts than you have about whether or not Lucic is a heavyweight fighter or not. Every time a name is posted of someone Lucic has fought, they were apparently not a heavyweight when he fought them.

You've been made to look like a fool in this thread.

The fact that you list Shawn Thornton (love him) was a heavyweight and not Lucic just throws any credibility you may have though you had right out the window.

EastCoastNiner is offline  
Old
01-27-2013, 10:01 AM
  #149
BruinsNeedaRussian
Registered User
 
BruinsNeedaRussian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 6,839
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyris View Post
Whats you point? Orr is 4-1 against Carkner.




My point is that Carkner is ****in tough. Not sure why everyone gets so defensive of their team's goon. Said earlier he is the toughest in the league.

BruinsNeedaRussian is offline  
Old
01-27-2013, 10:06 AM
  #150
BruinsNeedaRussian
Registered User
 
BruinsNeedaRussian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 6,839
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cneely View Post
When Orr was 23 he fought 14 times in the NHL and lost to Jason Strudwick, Eric Cairns, John Erskine (who according to tieclark is not a heavyweight), mcgrattan, and Erskine again.
The next year he lost to Brashear, Wade Belak, Andrew Peters, Cam Janssen, And Ben Eager (again not a heavy weight according to tieclark).
Would love to see tieclark come up with a rebuttal for this. But I am sure he will continue ignoring facts.

BruinsNeedaRussian is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:09 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.