Closed Thread

Old
01-25-2013, 12:58 AM
Papaspud
upsetting the

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducks DVM View Post
Goaltender interference doesn't have to be a penalty. It requires an intentional act to contact the goaltender and/or a lack of effort to get out of the goaltender's way to get a penalty, but all you have to do is impede them to get the goal waived off.

Since Goalie Interference is non-reviewable, they called Man in the Crease to wave off the goal. Pure bs, and a blatant attempt to get a win for hollywood.
Scuderi pushed the Oil player into quick, but it was quick's own actions that forced continued contact. Goal should've counted. It's calls just like this that allowed a certain team to have the appearance of "steamrolling their way to the Cup" last season, when in reality it was more of a case of very selective....and woefully inadequate refereeing.

Old
01-25-2013, 01:05 AM
Ducks DVM
There is no grunion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papaspud View Post
Since Goalie Interference is non-reviewable, they called Man in the Crease to wave off the goal. Pure bs, and a blatant attempt to get a win for hollywood.
Scuderi pushed the Oil player into quick, but it was quick's own actions that forced continued contact. Goal should've counted. It's calls just like this that allowed a certain team to have the appearance of "steamrolling their way to the Cup" last season, when in reality it was more of a case of very selective....and woefully inadequate refereeing.
They didn't review it, they had a discussion between officials and reversed the call. That's always been legal.

Agreed the goal should have counted though.

Old
01-25-2013, 01:27 AM
Eddie Shack

It was a weak call, but it could be argued the Oiler player (?) hooked Quick's pad keeping him (Quick) from returning to the play. Not enough for a penalty but enough to disallow the goal?

I know they called it man in the crease but I thought that rule went out years ago.

Old
01-25-2013, 01:27 AM
Bender66
Send in the clowns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duckstudd269 View Post
Yak is going to be a beast. The one who I think is extremely overrated is Hall. He's got some speed but man he is terrified of going into the corners. Yak, RNH, and Eberle are gonna be studs though.
I got the same impression. Granted, it's the first Oiler game I've seen since the Ducks played them last yr ...

RNH has pretty good hockey sense for a young kid.
Eberle seems to always find that soft spot on the back side of the goal for the Perry-esque tap ins.
Yakupov just looks like he's having a blast out there. Kid has got some wheels on him,.
Hall seems like a serviceable top 6 winger, but just doesn't stand out like the other 3.

Old
01-25-2013, 01:30 AM
Ducksgo*
#EtemUp

Send a message via AIM to Ducksgo*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duckstudd269 View Post
Yak is going to be a beast. The one who I think is extremely overrated is Hall. He's got some speed but man he is terrified of going into the corners. Yak, RNH, and Eberle are gonna be studs though.
Hall is still developing mang... Give em a break there one of the youngest teams in the league.

Old
01-25-2013, 01:44 AM
AngelDuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie Shack View Post
It was a weak call, but it could be argued the Oiler player (?) hooked Quick's pad keeping him (Quick) from returning to the play. Not enough for a penalty but enough to disallow the goal?

I know they called it man in the crease but I thought that rule went out years ago.
I actually thought the exact opposite. I thought Quick hooked the forward with his pad, and then *****ed about it, then got the benefit of the doubt.

Old
01-25-2013, 01:47 AM
Gibson Les Palms

vCash: 814
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelDuck View Post
The Queens look slow and have an awful PP. Doughty is pretty overrated in my opinion. I think I'm the only one on HFboards who thinks Pietrangelo is way better than him. Kopitar is pretty bad on the PP too.
He just hasn't been able to replicate the offense from that one year. I'm wondering if he's in a prolonged offensive slump or this is what he really is.

Agreed about Kopitar too, I don't think he's a pure playmaker and he's playing that role on the PP.

Old
01-25-2013, 01:50 AM
Eddie Shack

Quote:
I actually thought the exact opposite. I thought Quick hooked the forward with his pad, and then *****ed about it, then got the benefit of the doubt.
You could be right. I was somewhat guessing that was the call only because the ref made the call. The leg and the pad seemed to be stuck together a bit longer than they should have.

But I doubt Quick got the call by *****ing about it. My guess is the ref was making the call anyway. I don't think there had ever been a ref who was talked into changing his mind because somebody yelled at him.

Old
01-25-2013, 02:02 AM
AngelDuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie Shack View Post
You could be right. I was somewhat guessing that was the call only because the ref made the call. The leg and the pad seemed to be stuck together a bit longer than they should have.

But I doubt Quick got the call by *****ing about it. My guess is the ref was making the call anyway. I don't think there had ever been a ref who was talked into changing his mind because somebody yelled at him.
probably. Either way, bad call. At least the Queens got what they deserved, a loss

Old
01-25-2013, 02:04 AM
AngelDuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus Teemu View Post
He just hasn't been able to replicate the offense from that one year. I'm wondering if he's in a prolonged offensive slump or this is what he really is.

Agreed about Kopitar too, I don't think he's a pure playmaker and he's playing that role on the PP.
I just don't think he's that gifted offensively. He's not the best skater, he's not very good on the PP(definitely not a true quarterback like Pietro, Letang, or Karlsson). Obviously, he's still a really good defenseman. But is he a superstar? The last 2+ regular seasons suggest that he isn't...

Old
01-25-2013, 02:43 AM
Markus078

Quote:
I think I'm the only one on HFboards who thinks Pietrangelo is way better than him.
No, you're not. I've always seen Pietrangelo as the one with the highest potential out of this draft. He just wasn't as ready and the Blues handled him well. He broke into the league at the right time. I think he will win the Norris one time.

The Oilers look amazing up in front, Justin as well! Right now it's harder to swallow for me than it ever was. The other side of the coin, they lack defense, they lack grit, they lack goaltending. This will be a team that excels in the regular season but will never win a cup. They just don't have that kind of play you need.

The funny thing with the Oilers in my opinion is, they have a 2-3year window now to win. I've no idea how the will handle their players when they come of the entry level contracts. I mean, Hall & Eberle get 6m per. RNH will get this as well. Yakupov dto. Schultz will likely get 5+. Paarjarvi will get more, Hemsky, Whitney & Smid need new contracts. Thats a lot of players who will either get the same or an increase. And in the end, the don't have filled the holes they have right now.

Old
01-25-2013, 08:18 AM
Lord Flashheart
Squadron Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducksgo View Post
Dude Yakupov should play baseball that tying goal was amazing. What great hand eye coordination. That guys gonna be a stud. Lets hope we suck ass and draft Nathan Mack I mean my god.... I haven't seen a house rock like that since 07 we need a young buck like that.
You'd think people had enough of losing after last season. Obviously not.

Old
01-26-2013, 03:57 PM
Lord Flashheart
Squadron Commander

Marleau scored at least two goals for 4th consecutive game. Ridiculous.

Old
01-26-2013, 04:06 PM
quentez
#8 Teemu Legend

Hey, Avs have worse PK than us!!!

Old
01-26-2013, 04:15 PM
Gibson Les Palms

Jumbo's got 11 already

Old
01-26-2013, 04:35 PM
Spicy Porkins
Porkins the White

Stuart channeled Kronwall on that forearm-to-face hit.

Old
01-26-2013, 04:37 PM
Sojourn
Global Moderator
Where's the kaboom?

vCash: 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damn Skippy View Post
Stuart channeled Kronwall on that forearm-to-face hit.
Yeah, I didn't like that hit. I felt the principle point of contact was the head, and Landeskog didn't make any sudden moves prior to getting hit. I don't expect much to come of it though, since he returned and seems to be okay.

Old
01-26-2013, 04:50 PM
Spicy Porkins
Porkins the White

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojourn View Post
Yeah, I didn't like that hit. I felt the principle point of contact was the head, and Landeskog didn't make any sudden moves prior to getting hit. I don't expect much to come of it though, since he returned and seems to be okay.
Could have kept his arm down and still nailed Landeskog because the kid wasn't watching. The lack of a serious injury is no reason to let it go. But I agree with you that they'll let it go.

Old
01-26-2013, 05:36 PM
AngelDuck

Damn, Sharks look super tough. ****ing sick of them being good every year.

Old
01-26-2013, 05:40 PM
Pepper

LOL.

I guess Drew Remenda channeled all his Sharks' no-success energy in to a major whining session. That was bad, he was crying like 12y old girl.

Old
01-26-2013, 06:24 PM
Papaspud
upsetting the

Leafs and Rangers had a few scraps early.

Mike Brown and Asham
Orr and Rupp

Lots of physical action. Intense game

Old
01-26-2013, 06:27 PM
Gibson Les Palms

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepper View Post
LOL.

I guess Drew Remenda channeled all his Sharks' no-success energy in to a major whining session. That was bad, he was crying like 12y old girl.
I don't know how Drew manages to escape the flack from so many fans of other teams when he complains, while Hazy seems to get all the hatred.

Old
01-26-2013, 06:28 PM
Paul4587

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papaspud View Post
Leafs and Rangers had a few scraps early.

Mike Brown and Asham
Orr and Rupp

Lots of physical action. Intense game
Phaneuf with a decent hit on Nash too.

Rags D certainly didn't look good leaving Grabo all alone on the first goal. McDonagh and Girardi left Lundqvist out to dry.

Old
01-26-2013, 06:34 PM
Papaspud
upsetting the

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul4587 View Post
Phaneuf with a decent hit on Nash too.

Rags D certainly didn't look good leaving Grabo all alone on the first goal. McDonagh and Girardi left Lundqvist out to dry.
Yeah. They were so puck focused that they both just kind of drifted towards the carrier completely forgetting about Grabo all alone in the slot.

Old
01-26-2013, 06:37 PM
Papaspud
upsetting the

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus Teemu View Post
I don't know how Drew manages to escape the flack from so many fans of other teams when he complains, while Hazy seems to get all the hatred.
Looks like the fans of other teams just found out what kind of clowns they have calling games up there.
Check out the Thread on the main boards about the Stuart hit. Quite a few post make mention of their homer ism.

Closed Thread