HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Michel Therrien

Old
01-25-2013, 10:41 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by DekeLikeYouMeanIt View Post
The only thing I knew was gonna be well done is the handling of rookies because of what he did with Crosby, Malkin and Staal.
Don't forget Mario was still around when Sid and Geno started, that helped big time

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 10:44 AM
Hannibal
Brandon Prust FTW

vCash: 500
Always was a fan of him since day 1.

It was about time that we had a coach that brings intensity behind the bench.

Hannibal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 10:51 AM
Uber Coca

Quote:
Originally Posted by PricePkPatch View Post
Don't worry. Tank Threads will be back the next time we lose 2 in a row
Well aware of that. The reactions on this board after the first loss were really pitiful.

Uber Coca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 10:52 AM
The Doors

I like the way him and his staff are making sure everyone has a role. You can see it when the lines are out there rolling. Everyone knows what they're doing, they all feel important. There aren't any egos on the Canadiens this year, it's refreshing.

The Doors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 11:16 AM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
Don't forget Mario was still around when Sid and Geno started, that helped big time
Talking about on-ice only.

DekeLikeYouMeanIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 11:28 AM
thewall

and in the mean while Bob Hartley is still looking for his first win of the season. I didn't want Hartley to be the next Habs coach. I have to admit i wasnt really jumping for joy when MT was annonce, but I have been positively suprise with his composure and handling of his bench so far.

thewall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 11:40 AM
Miller Time

too early to make much judgement either way...

but it is nice to see him in better control of his emotions even if for just a brief sample.

too many people were far too quick to assume that he wouldn't have matured as a coach since his rookie stint with the habs, not to say that he's definitively a better coach, time will tell, but experience and perspective do often accompany time.

hope he continues to show himself to be a good hire

(although I hope he gets Eller back into the fold soon)

Miller Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 11:48 AM
cphabs
It complels you!

First impressions? He has the team listening at this point.

cphabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 02:48 PM
LyricalLyricist

Good for Therrien. So far so good but keep in mind two things:

Season is young
There isn't extreme expectations for the habs

I think it's a lot easier to keep your cool under those situations. Still, I like a little bit of fire if used at right time. I hate seeing coaches complain over ******** but if a coach gets fired up when the team is flat and only down a goal, then yah, that may work.

LyricalLyricist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 03:08 PM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

It's still early but I am impressed with what I'm seeing so far. Definitely a more experienced Therrien. He has a sense of what he's wanting to accomplish and what to do to get it done.

Habsterix* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 03:11 PM
Bloumeister
Blou Christmas

He's obviously come a long way since

Bloumeister is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 03:19 PM
Et le But

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewall View Post
and in the mean while Bob Hartley is still looking for his first win of the season. I didn't want Hartley to be the next Habs coach. I have to admit i wasnt really jumping for joy when MT was annonce, but I have been positively suprise with his composure and handling of his bench so far.
To be fair, the Flames have a worse roster than we do, as low as that bar is.

Et le But is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 03:42 PM
Ollie Williams

vCash: 356
I believe the couple of years he spent watching the team and analyzing it on TV and such, has helped him greatly.

Ollie Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 04:22 PM
StellerEller
Saku :D

vCash: 351
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ollie Williams View Post
I believe the couple of years he spent watching the team and analyzing it on TV and such, has helped him greatly.
Agreed. He's seen a few coaches come a go, and he has the power of hindsight to avoid the mistakes his predecessors have made. His fire is exactly what we need behind the bench, we must have an attitude of believing in our own team, our grit, our ability, and that we belong in any game we're in. We can't go into a turtle shell and hang on for dear life hoping Price will save us.

Hopefully this continues, because if we take the kind of game we're playing to our opponents, we can win every night. We must dictate the game style, not react to our opponents'

StellerEller is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 04:56 PM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

Still waiting for the infamous mustard suit to make a re-appearance

Hackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 04:58 PM
catmanhabsfan

For the most part I'm quite happy with him so far. He seems much more mature and calm back there and our team really has structure already which impresses me. Getting Markov back in all honesty has been eye opening though and the guy has been our MVP for almost a decade now truly. One thing though I don't like Therrien for is sitting Eller. He came in with a pre conceived notion of the player as he called him out before the season even sat. How you could criticize Eller due to his age, linemates and ice time under Martin and that other guy is beyond me. I'm tired of mismanaging assets and Eller may wind up being on the way out soon, gone the way of the Kostitsyns, Riberio and others. I personally love Eller, but if he's going to get traded, which I can't prevent, I want something back for him as I'm tired of getting fleeced. At least play the guy, he's young and super talented (my opinion I guess I alone share) and he needs confidence. He did nothing wrong that 10 other guys didn't the first game and he got sat. Therrien preached this whole "no Excuse" thing and that there would be no special treatment. You earn the ice time. Well there's a few guys right now who should take their turn in the stands if he wants to be believed he truly means what he says. Anyways end of rant. Overall,from a purely technical coaching perspective, I think he's been very eye opening and refreshing.

catmanhabsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 05:15 PM
Habtchum*

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Doors View Post
I like the way him and his staff are making sure everyone has a role. You can see it when the lines are out there rolling. Everyone knows what they're doing, they all feel important. There aren't any egos on the Canadiens this year, it's refreshing.
No egos until PK is back.

Habtchum* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 06:07 PM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

Quote:
Originally Posted by catmanhabsfan View Post
For the most part I'm quite happy with him so far. He seems much more mature and calm back there and our team really has structure already which impresses me. Getting Markov back in all honesty has been eye opening though and the guy has been our MVP for almost a decade now truly. One thing though I don't like Therrien for is sitting Eller. He came in with a pre conceived notion of the player as he called him out before the season even sat. How you could criticize Eller due to his age, linemates and ice time under Martin and that other guy is beyond me. I'm tired of mismanaging assets and Eller may wind up being on the way out soon, gone the way of the Kostitsyns, Riberio and others. I personally love Eller, but if he's going to get traded, which I can't prevent, I want something back for him as I'm tired of getting fleeced. At least play the guy, he's young and super talented (my opinion I guess I alone share) and he needs confidence. He did nothing wrong that 10 other guys didn't the first game and he got sat. Therrien preached this whole "no Excuse" thing and that there would be no special treatment. You earn the ice time. Well there's a few guys right now who should take their turn in the stands if he wants to be believed he truly means what he says. Anyways end of rant. Overall,from a purely technical coaching perspective, I think he's been very eye opening and refreshing.
I think he wants more intensity from Eller and I think the kid will get the message. I'm predicting Eller will have his change sooner than later. I know Bourque plays well now but I don't think this will last and Eller could take his place.

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 06:17 PM
1UP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloumeister View Post

He's obviously come a long way since
Everytime I see this jacket, I just can't believe he put it in public.

Then I also remember Carbo's lucky tie.

1UP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 08:14 PM
charlie

Quote:
Originally Posted by StellerEller View Post
Agreed. He's seen a few coaches come a go, and he has the power of hindsight to avoid the mistakes his predecessors have made. His fire is exactly what we need behind the bench, we must have an attitude of believing in our own team, our grit, our ability, and that we belong in any game we're in. We can't go into a turtle shell and hang on for dear life hoping Price will save us.

Hopefully this continues, because if we take the kind of game we're playing to our opponents, we can win every night. We must dictate the game style, not react to our opponents'
Werent we outshot 11-2 in the third yesterday giving up a goal.
Good thing the game was already 4-0 at the time and not 2-0

charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 03:12 AM
Habblues

YEP ! The word is passion.....Don`t get me wrong, i thought Carbo got a raw deal and I thought he brought passion and common sense to the team..... BUT for the here and now , Mr T is really bringing it.....I REALIZE IT`S EARLY.....But after turning the channel after the last two hab games, the other NHL teams are not as fast..We FINALLY have the complete package IF we can stay healthy....Mr t has the ability to read the team which he did not during his last stint......Welcome home Michelle...JMO

Habblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 09:54 AM
Dont Poke Subban
25th is coming.

I wouldnt give MT too much credit. He happens to have a healthy lineup and im talking about Andrei Markov. JM/cunneyworth had to deal with injuries, ahl-level players.. oh, and Pierre Gauthier.

Not hating but MT just got hired at the right time.

Dont Poke Subban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 07:48 PM
Sorinth

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagielski41 View Post
I wouldnt give MT too much credit. He happens to have a healthy lineup and im talking about Andrei Markov. JM/cunneyworth had to deal with injuries, ahl-level players.. oh, and Pierre Gauthier.

Not hating but MT just got hired at the right time.
This.

The team was almost assuredly going to rebound from last year, I just hope people don't give too much of the credit to Therrien.

Sorinth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 12:03 AM
Habblues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorinth View Post
This.

The team was almost assuredly going to rebound from last year, I just hope people don't give too much of the credit to Therrien.
Hey, let`s think about this for a min, previous yrs us fans have watched the same guys on the PP over and friggin` over again...Mr T is not scared to reward good 5 on 5 play with some much deserved PP time and that`s the way it should be.....

Habs will succeed this year and Michelle will play a HUGE part.

Good on you Mike !! (ex Fredericton Canadian)

Habblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 03:06 AM
Sorinth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habblues View Post
Hey, let`s think about this for a min, previous yrs us fans have watched the same guys on the PP over and friggin` over again...Mr T is not scared to reward good 5 on 5 play with some much deserved PP time and that`s the way it should be.....

Habs will succeed this year and Michelle will play a HUGE part.

Good on you Mike !! (ex Fredericton Canadian)
Up until last year we've had one of the top powerplays in the league year after year. So how's is MT playing a huge part

Sorinth is offline   Reply With Quote