HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2013 NHL Entry Draft Talk 4.0

Closed Thread

Old
01-26-2013, 07:48 PM
BrimStone64

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fozz View Post
Wenneberg is one of those players that could go 15th overall or slide to the 2nd round and be a steal... I'm hoping for the latter. He's got great speed and is a puck hound.
Zykov be great pick in early 2nd round. Which out of the three picks, we should have one early on.

Zykov is big for 17, good hands, wheels, even a little physical

Old
01-26-2013, 08:22 PM
MaxLacoste

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mats86 View Post
Zykov be great pick in early 2nd round. Which out of the three picks, we should have one early on.

Zykov is big for 17, good hands, wheels, even a little physical
There is so much good players in this draft class that it's certain that we could find 1st round talent in the 2nd. The way I read it, there is like 45 players in 2013 that could have been picked in the 1st round in 2012. Our three 2nd round picks will have so much value this summer. We could find important pieces with those pick.

Old
01-26-2013, 08:25 PM
Et le But

So...tank back on?

Old
01-26-2013, 08:31 PM
DAChampion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
So...tank back on?
Unfortunately, I doubt Bergevin has the wisdom to recognize that we need to tank this year, as he is a bad GM, see the Subban situation.

Old
01-26-2013, 08:33 PM
Et le But

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAChampion View Post
Unfortunately, I doubt Bergevin has the wisdom to recognize that we need to tank this year, as he is a bad GM, see the Subban situation.
Well, with no Pacioretty and no Subban, and possibly a season of Eller either on the wing or the doghouse, it might not be about intentions.

Old
01-26-2013, 08:37 PM
DAChampion

Quote:
Well, with no Pacioretty and no Subban, and possibly a season of Eller either on the wing or the doghouse, it might not be about intentions.
Right, with that recipe, we could draft 3rd overall.

You know what would be even better?

Drafting Jonathan Drouin at 3rd overall, clearing a lot of cap space in deadline trades and thereby also drafting Gauthier and Wennberg, Subban being on the roster next year rather than whatever garbage we'll get in a trade, and being able to pick up 1 prize UFA in the summer of 2013.

No, none of that, we're drafting 3rd overall in 2013, and we'll be spending a few years drafting 5-10 in the years after that, where we'll pick up 2nd line forwards and 2nd pairing dmen that take 3 or 4 years to develop.

Bergevin

Old
01-26-2013, 08:44 PM
LeHabsMan

[QUOTE=DAChampion;58412755]Right, with that recipe, we could draft 3rd overall.

You know what would be even better?

Drafting Jonathan Drouin at 3rd overall, clearing a lot of cap space in deadline trades and thereby also drafting Gauthier and Wennberg, Subban being on the roster next year rather than whatever garbage we'll get in a trade, and being able to pick up 1 prize UFA in the summer of 2013.

No, none of that, we're drafting 3rd overall in 2013, and we'll be spending a few years drafting 5-10 in the years after that, where we'll pick up 2nd line forwards and 2nd pairing dmen that take 3 or 4 years to develop.

Bergevin QUOTE]

So a GM that doesnt want to tank is now considered a bad GM?

Old
01-26-2013, 08:48 PM
DAChampion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs4TheCup View Post
So a GM that doesnt want to tank is now considered a bad GM?
What's the worst kind of GM?

A GM that doesn't want to tank and ends up tanking anyway.

Old
01-26-2013, 08:51 PM
Fern

Subban....

I'm with Bergevin the way he handles Subban's case. 5-5,5 millions for two years is well enough for a one man show. He is spectacular but it doesn't always pay off as, sometimes it costs more than it pays. A Kovalev type of player. Back to the draft, in the 10-15 spot, maybe Darnell Nurse could be available. I liked wath I saw from him. If we go with a forward Erne is my pick. I guy that seems to be less heralded latelly is Sean Monahan. It would be a great pick at around 7 to 10. Realistically, I would like to see Bergevin and Timmins pick Adam Erne, Anthony Mantha, Spencer Martin and Laurent Dauphin in the first and second round. It would gives us strenght, speed and skills in front and a future top goalie. If we are lucky enough, Samuel Morin could be available in the third.

Old
01-26-2013, 08:58 PM
niftymove

Bergevin, really? So far so good !

Old
01-26-2013, 09:16 PM
SergeConstantin74
Always right.

vCash: 50
Just watched the Quebec vs Halifax game.

Drouin looks better than MacKinnon everytime I watch them play this season. Drouin plays the game with so much intelligence. He's the biggest hockey IQ I've seen in a while. MacKinnon has his skills but he lacks vision. He tries to beat defenders one on one every time. In junior, it works sometimes but in the NHL, I'm afraid it won't.

Weegar is so good. I wouldn't mind spending a late pick on him.

Since Duclair and Erne's non-suspension, Quebec has 3 wins in 3 games and both have played well... Roy must chuckling right now... his team is slowly turning the season around and his #1 and #2 centers will be back soon.

Old
01-26-2013, 09:51 PM
ottawa
go habs go

Quote:
Bergevin is such a bad GM, he refuses to tank

Go cheer for Edmonton

01-26-2013, 09:55 PM
Et le But

Quote:
Originally Posted by SergeConstantin74 View Post
Just watched the Quebec vs Halifax game.

Drouin looks better than MacKinnon everytime I watch them play this season. Drouin plays the game with so much intelligence. He's the biggest hockey IQ I've seen in a while. MacKinnon has his skills but he lacks vision. He tries to beat defenders one on one every time. In junior, it works sometimes but in the NHL, I'm afraid it won't.

Weegar is so good. I wouldn't mind spending a late pick on him.

Since Duclair and Erne's non-suspension, Quebec has 3 wins in 3 games and both have played well... Roy must chuckling right now... his team is slowly turning the season around and his #1 and #2 centers will be back soon.
Mackinnon is this years Couturier/Grigorenko..early favourite that gets dissected under the microscope. Wonder if he will drop out of the top 5 at this rate.

Old
01-26-2013, 10:02 PM
Sorinth

Quote:
What's the worst kind of GM?

A GM that doesn't want to tank and ends up tanking anyway.
A GM that tanks unintentionally after trading away it's 1st round pick
Oh leafs, they always make me laugh

Old
01-26-2013, 10:11 PM
Mrb1p

Quote:
We need to tank? Are those rational tought coming from this keyboard ? Don't we already have a franchise goaltender ? Don't we already have (errr..) a number one Dman...
We have solid base. We need to develop the assets we have and sure, if we can add some. But I would prefer a winning season to develop them, not a 2011-2012 part II.

Old
01-26-2013, 10:17 PM
Et le But

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrb1p View Post
Don't we already have (errr..) a number one Dman..
For now.

Old
01-26-2013, 10:42 PM
SergeConstantin74
Always right.

vCash: 50
Quote:
Mackinnon is this years Couturier/Grigorenko..early favourite that gets dissected under the microscope. Wonder if he will drop out of the top 5 at this rate.
I just said I'd take Drouin over him but for me MacKinnon is a top 3 talent that's for sure.

MacK is very good but Drouin's IQ is just too excellent to pass on him.

Old
01-26-2013, 11:46 PM
Vasculio
Booya !

Quote:
Season just began ? How do you know it's not Subban who's doing it wrong ? I guess he's a bad teammate and hockey player cause he didn't take the offer of Bergevin and isn't playing right now... ? Come on, I've seen you post more elaborate stuff than that...

I agree with you that we should be tanking this year though, just so that we could rebuild our team pretty fast with a couple more top 60 picks in this monster of a draft, with Timmins, Dudley AND Bergevin in place...

Old
01-26-2013, 11:50 PM
DAChampion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasculio View Post
Season just began ? How do you know it's not Subban who's doing it wrong ? I guess he's a bad teammate and hockey player cause he didn't take the offer of Bergevin and isn't playing right now... ? Come on, I've seen you post more elaborate stuff than that...

I agree with you that we should be tanking this year though, just so that we could rebuild our team pretty fast with a couple more top 60 picks in this monster of a draft, with Timmins, Dudley AND Bergevin in place...
I've been elaborate, but I'm not elaborate in every post, my posts are made elsewhere, maybe I shouldd keep a text file handy :-)

It's been confirmed that Bergevin is locking out Subban unless he agrees to play for 2.55 million per year by two different sources.

Old
01-26-2013, 11:59 PM
Fozz

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottawa View Post
Bergevin is such a bad GM, he refuses to tank

Go cheer for Edmonton
No kidding.

Old
01-27-2013, 12:31 AM
That

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenice View Post
Watched Gogolev again last night. He's a 5'10" 20 year old Russian playing for Victoria in the WHL. RW, LHS, soft hands, great puck skills and was named the WHL player of the week. Needs to get stronger.

He's a guy I hope we draft him with a 5th round or later pick. High bust potential (likelihood) but he just might make the team as a 2nd line winger.
I could be wrong about this, but isn't he too old for the draft? Since he's a 92, I don't think he's eligible. However, he came over a year after his first year of eligibility so could that have an effect on is draft status? Would a team not just be able to sign him after this season?

Old
01-27-2013, 12:50 AM
Frozenice
the random dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by That View Post
I could be wrong about this, but isn't he too old for the draft? Since he's a 92, I don't think he's eligible. However, he came over a year after his first year of eligibility so could that have an effect on is draft status? Would a team not just be able to sign him after this season?
I have no idea what the rules are in his case. I just assumed we could draft him but I'm not sure. We could use him in Hamilton, especially on a line with Leblanc as the centre.

Old
01-27-2013, 03:37 AM
QuebecPride
@Etienne_Pouliot

Quote:
Nope. Mack will go top3.

Old
01-27-2013, 07:59 AM
dackelljuneaubulis02

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
It's going to be very interesting to see how it goes over the next 45 games for the flames, since they are currently in last place. Don't want to jinx or upset any flames fans but if they continue to struggle would be great to see the 2nd round pick end up in the 30's. Hopefully Nashville also struggles as it would be very exciting if the Habs were to end up with 4 top 40 picks, granted a lot can happen between now and June but will be keeping an eye out for both teams to see it goes.
I want three picks in a row: The 30th, 31st, and 32nd!!! If Nashville could just lose in regulation we'd be set. I don't want to jinx it either but no way does Calgary make a dent in the standings.

It's fun hoping both these teams lose as much as possible. Especially the Flames. 88-89 was my first cognizant season of following the Habs and I still hate seeing Lanny with the Cup.

Old
01-27-2013, 09:51 AM
Marc the Habs Fan
Cakes!

vCash: 567
Nashville picking up all these loser points is pissing me off too.

Closed Thread