HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

*ALL* PK Subban talk (News/Speculation/Rumors/Proposals) III

Closed Thread

Old
01-26-2013, 09:16 PM
Bourne Endeavor
HFBoards: Night's Watch

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by glenbuis View Post
I think Bergevin is gonna be a keeper. He's played, won, been tutured by arguably the best brains in hockey. He has courage to make what could have been unpopular decisions. ( for example i dont think anyone could have predicted him telling someone he's paying 7 million to stay home ). He's dead set on the bridge contract which makes the best sense for the habs. I'm sure he's taking advantage of listening to offers while he can.
The bridge contract is what has created this disaster in the first place. While other teams are locking up their stars to long term, cap friendly deals. Montreal is moaning over an archaic philosophy because they refuse to modernize. Telling Gomez to stay home was hardly revolutionary. We already knew Sather intended to do it with Redden and TSN was speculating since the summer.

Old
FanHabtic

There is way the Habs would trade him. They hold all the leverage. PK will have to suck it up me thinks.

Old
CaptainBenn
The king is back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dharvey33 View Post
I wouldn't Eller is a lot more than a throw in
Louis Leblanc instead of Eller?

Old
01-26-2013, 09:20 PM
Bourne Endeavor

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanHabtic View Post
There is way the Habs would trade him. They hold all the leverage. PK will have to suck it up me thinks.
Just like Drew Doughty?

Old
01-26-2013, 09:21 PM
Krishna

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginovegas View Post
wouldnt work cap wise, plus Philly is getting to much
Not really

Pronger on LTIR opens up 5m

Both schenn contracts together are about 6-7m

Old
01-26-2013, 09:23 PM
CC321

Subban for Ovechkin. See, that was easy.

Old
01-26-2013, 09:24 PM
FanHabtic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourne Endeavor View Post
Just like Drew Doughty?
Right so Doughty's holdout win defines the success rate of all RFA's? In a shortened season post lockout i don't see MB caving. He may compromise though.

Old
01-26-2013, 09:30 PM
AcadiaAxeMan

Send a message via MSN to AcadiaAxeMan Send a message via Yahoo to AcadiaAxeMan
add ......

Morrison and I add Kristo or add Lauridsen and I add Qualier?? If neither - deal is in re-think "mode" ..... I think you need to add a bit more!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krishna View Post
I'd do something like that

Old
01-26-2013, 09:31 PM
AcadiaAxeMan

Ovie's

...legs are in North America - his heart is back in Russia! Brain is playing .....tennis?

NOPE = NEVER

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC321 View Post
Subban for Ovechkin. See, that was easy.

Old
01-26-2013, 09:38 PM
AcadiaAxeMan

If Eller, then Bourque's contract must go as well...

But I a not the GM - really, not the GM .....

Can YOU imagine?? .....

Pacioretty- Deharnais - Cole
Schenn-Plekanecs-Gionta
Prust-Galyenchuk-Gallagher
Moen-White-Armstrong

Markov-Emelin
Diaz-Gorges
Schenn-Boullion
Kaberle-Weber/St Denis
(Beaulieu-Tinordi-Morrison-Thrower)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainIginla View Post
Louis Leblanc instead of Eller?

Last edited by AcadiaAxeMan: 01-26-2013 at 09:47 PM.
Old
01-26-2013, 09:55 PM
Rutabaga

Quote:
Aye, but you are conveniently disregarding an extreme decline in productivity. Chelios nearly outscored him as a defenseman: 73pts in 80 games.

However, at your insistence. Allow us to compare Pronger to Subban when the former was first traded.

Chris Pronger
Career high 62 points and staggering +51
Hart Trophy
Norris Trophy
Two 50+ point seasons
Five 40+ point seasons
Seven 30+ point seasons

... do I even need to continue? PK cannot even fathom what Pronger accomplished, at least not right now.
I think Petes was talking about the trade of Pronger from Hartford TO St.Louis, in 1995.
At the time, although Pronger was still a very recent 2nd overall pick, he was not exactly stellar, on and off the ice.
Even though he was disappointing, he still had enough value to be traded for Shanahan.

Old
01-26-2013, 10:00 PM
Bourne Endeavor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rutabaga View Post
I think Petes was talking about the trade of Pronger from Hartford TO St.Louis, in 1995.
At the time, although Pronger was still a very recent 2nd overall pick, he was not exactly stellar, on and off the ice.
Even though he was disappointing, he still had enough value to be traded for Shanahan.
Fair enough. I still do not find Subban's value anywhere near where Petes was placing it - Coburn + Couturier + 1st, for reference sake.

Old
01-26-2013, 10:05 PM
Rutabaga

Quote:
Fair enough. I still do not find Subban's value anywhere near where Petes was placing it - Coburn + Couturier + 1st, for reference sake.
Well, anyway, i dont think setting a fair value would be such a problem since that thing wont exist in such a trade.

If Subban is traded, it obviously means that the Canadiens's staff is misjudging the quality of the player, and it could be bad or absolutely horrible. I wonder if Milbury has an advice to give.

Old
01-26-2013, 10:21 PM
habs03
Subban #Thoroughbred

Quote:
The bridge contract is what has created this disaster in the first place. While other teams are locking up their stars to long term, cap friendly deals. Montreal is moaning over an archaic philosophy because they refuse to modernize. Telling Gomez to stay home was hardly revolutionary. We already knew Sather intended to do it with Redden and TSN was speculating since the summer.
Lol at saying they refuse to modernize,

Some of those teams that are signing guys to 5-6 years deals right after their ELC, Hall, Skinner, Carlson, Fowler,Kane etc risk having those guys walk as UFAs before they even hit the age of 27-28.

Look at the Ducks, they gave no bridge contract to Perry nor Getz and are about to hit UFA in their prime, had they signed a bridge contract Ducks could have worked out a long term deal while they has a 1 or 2 of being an RFA. And if it doesn't work out you can get great value for them.

Look at Price and Pacioretty, both signed 2 year deals after their ELC and the Habs signed were able to work out on a long term deal that locked the still their 30.

Heck the best example is Suter and Weber in Nashville. Suter was signed to a UFA year and left, but Weber contract was signed up to RFA years.

Btw on HNIC they said GMs have called the Habs about Subban but were told he isn't available.

Last edited by habs03: 01-26-2013 at 10:39 PM.
Old
01-26-2013, 10:47 PM
nyhabsfan
Waiting for #25.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by habs03 View Post
Btw on HNIC they said GMs have called the Habs about Subban but were told he isn't available.

All this horse C*** will be over Monday!

Bergie will get Subban signed on Monday!

A litte give on each side 3 years 3.3 a year!

Old
01-26-2013, 10:52 PM
glenbuis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dharvey33 View Post
I wouldn't Eller is a lot more than a throw in
I agree. If they'ed like a center, I'd go Subban and Deaharnais for Couturier and a first.

Old
01-26-2013, 10:54 PM
Petes2424

Quote:
Remember though, Eller was in there also.

Old
01-26-2013, 11:02 PM
Bourne Endeavor

Quote:
Lol at saying they refuse to modernize,

Some of those teams that are signing guys to 5-6 years deals right after their ELC, Hall, Skinner, Carlson, Fowler,Kane etc risk having those guys walk as UFAs before they even hit the age of 27-28.

Look at the Ducks, they gave no bridge contract to Perry nor Getz and are about to hit UFA in their prime, had they signed a bridge contract Ducks could have worked out a long term deal while they has a 1 or 2 of being an RFA. And if it doesn't work out you can get great value for them.

Look at Price and Pacioretty, both signed 2 year deals after their ELC and the Habs signed were able to work out on a long term deal that locked the still their 30.

Heck the best example is Suter and Weber in Nashville. Suter was signed to a UFA year and left, but Weber contract was signed up to RFA years.

And do you believe Getzlaf or Perry would have ever agreed to a contract? The former was coming off an 82 point season. Few players want them, hence why few currently exist in the league. Most GM recognize upsetting their star talent has the potential to backfire down the road.

Price was coming off a poor season where he lost the starting position to Halak, while Pacioretty was not remotely established due to injuries. Neither had the bargaining power to demand anything significant.

Weeks also mentioned how every GM be spoke with could not believe how poorly the Canadiens are handling this. If we believe reports, then Montreal remains alone in their mindset and it could cost them Subban. What they say now is irrelevant as the months carry on. Eventually, either Subban accepts or is traded and thus far, he appears equally adamant in refusing a bridging contract.

Old
01-26-2013, 11:11 PM
AcadiaAxeMan

Edmonton - Habs ....

PK + Bourque for Shultz + Hemsky + 1st

Old
01-26-2013, 11:19 PM
ShotScore*

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenbuis View Post
Couturier has to be in it. We'll go shopping elsewhere without him.
Then have fun shopping. It's not like the Flyers need him to make the playoffs.

Old
01-26-2013, 11:24 PM
habs03
Subban #Thoroughbred

Quote:
And do you believe Getzlaf or Perry would have ever agreed to a contract? The former was coming off an 82 point season. Few players want them, hence why few currently exist in the league. Most GM recognize upsetting their star talent has the potential to backfire down the road.

Price was coming off a poor season where he lost the starting position to Halak, while Pacioretty was not remotely established due to injuries. Neither had the bargaining power to demand anything significant.

Weeks also mentioned how every GM be spoke with could not believe how poorly the Canadiens are handling this. If we believe reports, then Montreal remains alone in their mindset and it could cost them Subban. What they say now is irrelevant as the months carry on. Eventually, either Subban accepts or is traded and thus far, he appears equally adamant in refusing a bridging contract.
Maybe GM are stunned because recently everyone is getting long term contracts and teams aren't fighting it.

IMO if done the right way there is no need for anyone to be upset, but you are right, some stars won't accept a bridge contract, but I'd rather offer more money and that might work.

It seems like teams are not even trying anymore, guys are getting long term deals before their ELC is even done.

I guess in a way you are right the Habs are not modernizing.

Last edited by habs03: 01-26-2013 at 11:35 PM.
Old
01-26-2013, 11:33 PM
hockeyfan2k11

Quote:

I just find it funny that some people act like the 2 year bridge contract should be accepted by any player (even established ones) regardless of their success in the league. Some Habs fans are completely blinded by their own lust for managmeent. Saw the same crap when Gauthier was terrible move after terrible move and even Gainey.

Habs have gotten as far as the 3rd round once in 20 bloody years and people are still talking about "The Habs way". What did the Habs way get us? Futhermore this wa ssupposed to be a new regime...yet we're adopting the same rules as the old regime. We hire a coach we had before. I'm not sure what to think about the direction of this franchise.

You don't screw around with your star players. It's a short season. What "evaluation" can they do in 1 1/2 years?

Old
01-27-2013, 12:27 AM
JackZap

Quote:

Price was then the only goalie we had as they traded Halak, he could have easily held out to a long term contract since he had the Habs by the balls. Give him a fair bridge contract. I rather have that than having a situation where you sign a young guy like Phaneuf for 6.5m because he had two great seasons.

Old
01-27-2013, 12:28 AM
Frozenice
the random dude

Quote:
Maybe GM are stunned because recently everyone is getting long term contracts and teams aren't fighting it.

IMO if done the right way there is no need for anyone to be upset, but you are right, some stars won't accept a bridge contract, but I'd rather offer more money and that might work.

It seems like teams are not even trying anymore, guys are getting long term deals before their ELC is even done.

I guess in a way you are right the Habs are not modernizing.
This isn't a battle that the Habs should be fighting. Leave that for the small market teams, we should be focusing on getting a core we like and signing them long-term.

Old
01-27-2013, 12:28 AM
StarsFan74

Quote:
If you cannot tell the conditions under which both players agreed to sign for bridge contracts, and see that it's different from Subban's, then I don't know what else to say.

Pacioretty: Signs an extension during the off-season of 2010-11 after 2 half-seasons in the NHL going 17g,15a and 14g,10a, respectively. Of course, he had that horrible injury and there was some speculation regarding his health, I'd assume.

Price: Does this have to be mentioned? Okay...the guy signs a bridge contract in the off-season of 2009-10 where he underperformed in the regular season going 13-20-5 and got outplayed by Halak in the playoffs.

Subban: Plays 77 and 81 games in his 2 seasons, has solid regular season numbers, and puts up decent playoff numbers. By far the better player at the end of his ELC when compared to the above two.

Closed Thread