Your Top 10 Favourite Wrestlers.

Old
01-25-2013, 09:03 AM
GarbageGoal
Follow the Buzzards

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marf View Post
Hardcore Holly & AJ Styles used to be in my list but both of them turned out to be utter ********** in real life. Plus it is hard for people to take you seriously when sparkplug bob holly is in your top 10.
Actually, I'd take someone very seriously who had Bob Holly in their top ten, it means they aren't just a Austin....Taker....Hogan....taking alll the obvious choices kind of guy. Hell, I had Al Snow in my top 3! The Holly Cousins were awesome, the superheavyweight challenge was great....JOB Squad 4 Life....

GarbageGoal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 12:21 PM
Big Poppa Puck
Bring back JTG!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarbageGoal View Post
Actually, I'd take someone very seriously who had Bob Holly in their top ten, it means they aren't just a Austin....Taker....Hogan....taking alll the obvious choices kind of guy. Hell, I had Al Snow in my top 3! The Holly Cousins were awesome, the superheavyweight challenge was great....JOB Squad 4 Life....
I was a big Holly fan. He doesn't make my top 10 and slipped my mind when I was doing my HMs, but I liked him. I remember I marked when he got a title shot (I forget who it was against.)

Best dropkick in the biz.

Big Poppa Puck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 02:24 PM
Disclose

vCash: 1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by iRep TheWingedWheel View Post
I was a big Holly fan. He doesn't make my top 10 and slipped my mind when I was doing my HMs, but I liked him. I remember I marked when he got a title shot (I forget who it was against.)

Best dropkick in the biz.
i think it was against Brock Lessnar after he injured him, they worked an angle...
i liked him. but not near my top 10.

by the way kudos to the one guy who mentionned Malenko. he deserves to be on my list. amazing talent.

Disclose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 02:27 PM
Dean Ambrose
Just a little crazy

vCash: 133
Yeah, Holly/Lesnar came. Wasn't Holly sandbagging and Lesnar pretty much said '**** this ****' and dropped him?

01-25-2013, 02:29 PM
Marf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince McMahon View Post
Yeah, Holly/Lesnar came. Wasn't Holly sandbagging and Lesnar pretty much said '**** this ****' and dropped him?
Broke his neck in the process and proceeded to kick him in disgust afterwards. I still remember that one.

Marf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 02:35 PM
Dean Ambrose
Just a little crazy

vCash: 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marf View Post
Broke his neck in the process and proceeded to kick him in disgust afterwards. I still remember that one.
I think Holly was blamed for the incident as well because he sandbagged mid-move.

Dean Ambrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 05:22 PM
Marf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince McMahon View Post
I think Holly was blamed for the incident as well because he sandbagged mid-move.
I never knew at first that he had sandbagged him. Didn't find out until years later lol

Marf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 05:30 PM
RussianRocket10

Did somebody say sandbagged?

RussianRocket10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 07:44 PM
nWo
New World Order

1) The Rock
2) Stone Cold Steve Austin
3) Chris Jericho
4) Sting
5) The Undertaker
6) CM Punk
7) Hollywood Hulk Hogan
8) Kurt Angle
9) Eddie Guerrero
10) Triple H

Favorite women wrestlers: Ivory and Trish Stratus

nWo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 08:44 PM
Iron Throne
Thats not sarcasm

I haven't watched wrestling in awhile, more of a old school fan. I like the vintage collection they are showing now..

No order:

1-Randy Savage
2-Hulk Hogan
3-ultimate Warrior
4-undertaker
5-bret hart
6-Demolition tag team!
7-steve austin
8-the rock
9-razor ramon
10-Rick Rude

Really there were so many great characters in my early days i can go on..

Also like the mankind character and Owen Hart as a heel

Hm;jake the snake, million dollar man, mr perfect, hbk, honky tonk man..

Ok i'll stop lol

Iron Throne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 04:49 PM
les Habs

I don't bother with wrestling anymore. Haven't watched in over a year, probably two. Been watching since the early 80s (AWA, WWF, WCCW, UWF) but really got into it in the 90s with WCW. Kind of in order, though I'm sure I'm leaving a lot of people off this list or an HM list, but would have to go back and watch some old stuff to trigger some memories.

1 Raven - Still laugh at his WCW promos. Most underutilized wrestler I've ever seen.

2 Jericho - Also great on the mic. Loved him the instant he went hell in WCW. 1001 holds...

3 Hall - Not sure about him as 3, but in the NWO days he was great. Always good for a laugh and I liked his style in the ring.

4 Regal - Another guy who was really underutilized. So much talent there.

5 Benoit - Maybe not PC, but the guy was a great wrestler. One of the best overall of his generation. Had a great mix of "real" wrestling and pro wrestling Not much on the mic, but his serious attitude worked for me.

6 Flair - Amazing on the mic and I liked his style in the ring as the dirtiest player in the game. That backheel kick... ouch.

7 Hollywood Hogan - Always hated how the NWO cheated nearly all the time, but Hollywood was great. Great on the mic and great heel turn.

8 Austin - Loved him as a heel. WHAT? WHAT? WHAT?

9 Kanyon - Hilarious and some great skill in the ring. Another one who could have been so much more.

10 Guerrero - Eddie was great in the ring and on the mic. WCW did both he and itself a disservice but not getting more out of him.

Some HMs off the top of my head... Christian, Heenan, Iron Sheik, Foley (Cactus Jack), HHH, Freebirds...

les Habs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 04:56 PM
Morozov
The Devil Killer

vCash: 50
Send a message via MSN to Morozov
Quote:
Originally Posted by les Habs View Post
2 Jericho - Also great on the mic. Loved him the instant he went hell in WCW. 1001 holds...
1004 holds

Morozov is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 05:33 PM
iamjs
Unregistered User

Iron Mike Sharpe
Brooklyn Brawler
Barry Horowitz
Reno Riggins
Barry O
SD Jones
Repo Man
Dangerous Danny Davis
Alex Wright
Heath Slater

iamjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 09:28 PM
les Habs

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamjs View Post

Iron Mike Sharpe
Brooklyn Brawler
Barry Horowitz
Reno Riggins
Barry O
SD Jones
Repo Man
Dangerous Danny Davis
Alex Wright
Heath Slater
No el Dandy? **** list.

les Habs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 09:51 PM
Live in the Now
Administrator
HFBoards

1. Randy Savage - Nobody else really comes close. Even Savage in WCW as he was physically far gone was still fun to watch.

2. Ric Flair - Nothing needs to be said.

3. Bret Hart - Excellent worker.

4. Steve Austin - He was so good that the thing remembered most about Foley's first title win was Austin coming to the ring. Also worked two styles in his careeer and did both excellently.

5. Eddie Guerrero - Miss him.

6. Jake Roberts - His matches weren't necessarily great, but he just got wrestling and what it was supposed to be, what to do.

7. Scott Hall - For the same reasons as Roberts.

8. Ted DiBiase - He was really misused, I think. Was good enough at the time of his debut in the WWF that he should have had a run with the belt.

9. Mick Foley

10. The Steiner Brothers - These two as a team during the late 80's and early 90's owned.

Live in the Now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 10:12 PM
iamjs
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by les Habs View Post
No el Dandy? **** list.

El Dandy does not belong on that list

I could remove Heath Slater and replace him with Toyko Magnum.

iamjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 11:46 PM
AfroThunder396
Lou's Secret Sauce

Oh God, Bob Holly. I actually really liked him. I still mark out whenever Cody Rhodes does the Alabama Slam.

AfroThunder396 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 12:04 AM
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamjs View Post

Iron Mike Sharpe
Brooklyn Brawler
Barry Horowitz
Reno Riggins
Barry O
SD Jones
Repo Man
Dangerous Danny Davis
Alex Wright
Heath Slater
How does Alex Wright make the list? All of those guys were jobbers from the start (even Heath Slater when he was in Nexus looked bad on most occasions). Wright was undefeated for around 1-year when he first arrived in WCW (and apparently only lost then because of Hogan, but that's just the rumours). He went on to hold 3 WCW Championships (Cruiserweight, Television, and Tag-Team).

Wright had multiple PPV matches over 15-minutes during his career (off the top of my head; versus Pillman, HHH, Jericho, Ultimo Dragon). I can't think of one other guy on that list that had a PPV match over 15-minutes.

Wright would bounce between jobber and not-jobber frequently, but guy was a great wrestler and had more than one or two shining moments like all the other guys listed.

One Man Rock Band is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 06:11 PM
UnrealMachine

Started watching in '85, but the earliest matches I can vividly remember are from early '86.

10. Hulk Hogan - surely he belongs on any top 10 list. Despite probably being the best of all-time, I can't place him too high on my favorite list given his limited wrestling ability.
9. Jake Roberts - incredible in-ring psychology. Versatile wrestler despite limited physical strength. Great promos and interviews.
8. Ravishing Rick Rude - total slimeball. There was very little to like about him (if you were a guy) and he was great at generating heat through his crass addressing of the audience before his matches and kept it going through his body language with sexual overtones. Great body.
7. Rowdy Roddy Piper - incredible personality. His matches tended to be on the short side, but lots of standout upper mid card matches to his credit.
6. The British Bulldogs - set the standard for tag teams that is very hard to live up to even today. I LOVED them as a kid. Such a shame that their career together was cut short with Dynamite Kid's back injury.
5. Dean Ambrose - before you say he's only been in the WWE for a few months, he has well over a year in FCW and NXT. He is a total throwback to the classic 80's character wrestlers and has already cut some of the finest promos (on FCW) that I've ever seen. His matches have been great as well as he is one of the few modern wrestlers I have seen slow down the pace and employ (successful) in-ring psychology. He has a good look as well and could end up higher on my list someday.
4. Randy Savage - not sure where he summoned the idea for his character, but looking back I can't believe how well he pulled it off. His career between '85 and '92 was truly a work of art. He went from a domineering relationship over Elizabeth, to tagging with Hogan, feuding with Hogan and then being mixed up with Sensational Sherry. He was able to control the tone and bring it up, down, faster, slower, etc. with seamless effort.
3. The Million Dollar Man - I can re-watch his promos and skits over-and-over and still get a good laugh. Such a brilliant idea for a heel. He should have been WWF champion if not for an extremely controversial decision by Jack Tunney. His mantra that "everyone has a price" is about the truest statement ever spoken (realized when you get out in the real world).
2. Kurt Angle - honestly, I missed a lot of his early work since that was one of my "lost interest in wrestling" phases, but the things I did see were amazing. I don't even need to explain how amazing he was in the ring. I can't believe he didn't have a stroke from how intense his personality was. I am surprised how well he was able to develop his character and was willing to take things to the extreme both in the ring and in some controversial promo work (the concept of an Olympic gold medalist dissing on the troops and America).
1. Mr. Perfect - there can be only one. He was just the total package. Hard character to actually live up to, but he nailed it. The feud with Hogan and accompanying vignettes is enough to cement a career in and of itself, but he brought so much more to the ring with his ability. He carried himself so well with smug confidence and that ****** smile. His majestic entrance music is also noted.

HM, I really wanted to put Daniel Bryan on this list, but couldn't justify dropping anyone else off the list.

UnrealMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 11:15 PM
Fuzzy Bunny

1. Bret Hart
2. Chris Jericho
3. Randy Savage
4. Steve Austin
5. DDP
6. Razor Ramon
7. Undertaker
8. Jake Roberts
9. Shawn Michaels
10. Mr. Perfect

HM (no particular order, so many could swap into the top-10)
The Rock
Edge
Christian
Ted Dibiase
Booker T
Roddy Piper
Kurt Angle
HHH
Add: D-Lo Brown... I don't know why but I liked him as a kid.

Last edited by Fuzzy Bunny: 02-12-2013 at 02:26 AM.
Fuzzy Bunny is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 12:50 AM
SomeDude

Started watching around 97. Stopped watching around 2004, and started again about a year ago.

1. The Rock (before his comeback, just isn't the same today)
2. Y2J
3. Kane
4. Ken Shamrock
5. Kurt Angle
6. Undertaker
7. HHH
8. Goldust
9. Daniel Bryan
10. CM Punk

HM: The Shield are really growing on me, and although I wasn't too into Stone Cold as a kid, I love watching old videos of him

SomeDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 02:17 AM
keonsbitterness
Don't vote for Ford!

Other than #1, not necessarily in order.......

1. Ric Flair - he brought it all: in-ring ability, mic work, charisma, master of wrestling psychology, etc.
2. Sting - a true legend, and often underrated because he never went to WWE
3. Roddy Piper - basically a brawler as a wrestler, but he had everything else, including the best mouth in the business
4. Larry Zbysko - the 2nd best mouth in the business, the best "suck" heel ever, and his A.W.A. promos were comedy gold
5. Bruiser Brody - a perpetual motion machine who caused mayhem wherever he went
6. Curt Hennig/Mr. Perfect - as great as he was, still underrated IMO
7. Rick Rude - total arrogance, and one of the best heels ever
8. Kurt Angle - always great in the ring, and eventually honed his craft to become an all-around great
9. Chris Jericho - anyone who knows the Spinning Saskatchewan Nerve Hold has to be great
10. La Parka - master of the chair guitar, always made me laugh

keonsbitterness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 11:41 PM
PensFan68

Started watching in mid 80's through early 90's. Have starting watching here and there now, but just isn't the same to me. Listed my top 15.

Bret Hart
Sgt Slaughter
Ted Dibiase
Santino
Big Bossman
Jake Roberts
Razor Ramon
Ultimate Warrior
Ricky Steamboat
Ryback
Marty Jannetty
Jim Neidhart
Texas Tornado
Jim Duggan
Rowdy Piper

PensFan68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 12:09 AM
Takeo

10. Rick "The Model" Martel
I was a big fan of Strike Force. Boston Crab was brilliant.

9. Papa Shango
He was a pretty sweet character when you're 11. Talk about polar opposites with the ho train!

8. Marty Jannetty
I worked out with him a few times. Seemed like a nice guy but always involved in domestics.

7. Koko B. Ware
Come on, dude had a parrot!!

6. King Kong Bundy
I'll never forget the broken ribs.

5. Droz
Worst (best?) gimmick ever?? Loved him in Legion of Doom.

4. Jake "The Snake" Roberts
I was in tears during the heel turn and cobra angle. Horrifying!

3. The Undertaker
Highway to Hell was best PPV booking ever.

2. Brutus "The Barber" Beefcake
His programs with Greg Valentine, Roddy Piper, Honky Tonk Man, George Steele, etc. were the height of wrestling for me.

1. The Ultimate Warrior
Just so badass! Best intro music ever!

Takeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 11:58 PM
fong p88

10. Dino Bravo- Remember him as the only Canadian who would be in the Main Events when I first started watching wrestling
9. Savio Vega - I really don't remember why I liked him so much. Just thought he was cool
8. Y2J - pretty self explanatory
7. Ahmed Johnson - I thought he was an absolute beast. Just looking at the guy I didn't know how anyone could beat him when I was younger
6. Mr. Perfect - I was convinced the guy was the best athlete in the world. Remember asking my dad why no one in the NHL wanted him
5. Razor Ramon - I thought he was the coolest ever when I was 5. Wanted to grow up to be just like him, glad I didn't. Plus the Razors Edge was awesome
4. Jeff Jarrett - by association through Owen Hart. Plus I thought the song "With My Baby Tonight" was fantastic
3. British Bulldog - Member of the Hart family. Was amazed at how strong and quick he was
2. Bret Hart - I lived and died with the Hitman. Even after his feud with Austin was over I could never cheer for Austin, even against Vince
1. Owen Hart - I was so torn whenever he fought Bret, sided with Owen because he was more of an underdog. Plus I was a whined as a kid so I could relate

HM: D'Lo Brown, Big Bossman, Yokozuna, Taka Michinoku, Saturn, Greg "The Hammer" Valentine, Mabel

fong p88 is online now   Reply With Quote