HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Top 4 D-man and top 6 Winger to the Penguins

Old
01-26-2013, 11:36 AM
BigBenSF*
Worst Behavior

vCash: 1441
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatrick Marleau View Post
Nah. Pretty much the only guy that would make sense from a Sharks perspective is Brandon Sutter. Everyone else is a downgrade.
Hate to break it to you but it's a pipe dream if you and other Sharks fans want to get a younger, better, and faster forward for Clowe. You aren't getting Sutter. Kennedy is faster and younger than Clowe, and has the ability to score 20 goals. Kunitz is better and faster but older than Clowe. Getting all three attributes that you want without adding is nearly impossible.

BigBenSF* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 11:39 AM
Hatrick Marleau
Nikolay GOALdobin

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBenSF View Post
Hate to break it to you but it's a pipe dream if you and other Sharks fans want to get a younger, better, and faster forward for Clowe. You aren't getting Sutter. Kennedy is faster and younger than Clowe, and has the ability to score 20 goals. Kunitz is better and faster but older than Clowe. Getting all three attributes that you want without adding is nearly impossible.
And I didn't think we would get Clowe for Sutter. Sutter is just the only player I'd be willing to trade Clowe for since everyone else you are offering is a downgrade.

Hatrick Marleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 11:43 AM
Rowdy Roddy Peeper
**** You, Duthie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky Bobby View Post
It is actually exactly how the league operates. GMs draft, trade and pay all based on calculated risks-projections.

Kulemin has a career year in 10-11 and last year his worst statistical year in 11-12 during his 4 seasons. Most people would have been off work with what he went through last season. Kulemin never missed a game cause of it.

Nobody is saying that Kulemin is the greatest thing since sliced bread. What he is though is a player who plays hard in all 3 zones, has a decent cap hit, can kill penalites well, is okay on the PP, is a big body presence but doesn`t take penalties, has chemistry with every player he has ever played with and stats wise should be around a 50 point player (+- 5 points either way) who might have a career year or two of closer to 65 points.

If Brouwer and Versteeg get 1st round picks in trade that is as a Leaf fan the type of return I wouldn`t go less then.
Assuming Kulemin will do the things you claim he could do is not a very calculated risk-projection though, now is it?

Right. So that's not how GMs operate.

Brouwer and Versteeg were both more productive players when they were dealt than Kulemin. If he shows he can up his production some from last year, then he'll be worth a 1st. Right now, he ain't.

Rowdy Roddy Peeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 12:31 PM
silentprotector

kulemin and gunnarson for olli maata and beau bennett or macarthur and gunnarson plus 2nd for the same package

silentprotector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 12:39 PM
Flames rebuilder

Bouwmeester(half salary) + Glencross

For

Despres + Bennett + 2013 1st

Flames rebuilder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 12:50 PM
Mad Habber

OP wants a top 4 D and a top 6 winger. Offering picks and average prospects mostly.

This is what you get in exchange. Nothing. It's too early in the season. No one has given up on the season yet. If you want those things, you are going to have to give up something of similar value off your roster. At this point teams that have those assets to trade need an upgrade somewhere else on their roster. For a top 6 winger and a top 4 D, you will have to give either a top 6 center, a #1 G or a better D or winger than you are receiver.

Mad Habber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 01:11 PM
sba

Send a message via AIM to sba
Leopold for Harrington.

sba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 01:18 PM
TorstenFrings
wieder zuhause!!!

What a train wreck. Two bad games, which were mostly bad, because the elite players we already have (Letang, Malkin) were performing way subpar and suddenly we need a top4 D again.
I don`t actually mind Letang, Orpik, Martin, Niskanen one bit. Everything that is not a clearcut upgrade on Martin in the Pens system (i.e. these guys like Gunnarson, Leopold or Ballard) are completely ****ing useless proposals.

A power forward, okay, that one I could see, but I wish I could get out of this HF groundhog spin of "Malkin hearts Kulemin" everytime it comes up. What this team needs is an upgrade on Crosby`s line. Then either Kunitz or Duper can go with Malkin and Neal. To get a third wheel for Malkin`s line, when basically everything would fall into place there once Crosby gets a Neal, is like the smallest priority ever.

TorstenFrings is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 01:20 PM
penzweiser
Rookie User

How about kunitz, Morrow and a first for an upgrade at wing?

penzweiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 01:39 PM
KIRK

Quote:
Originally Posted by A1LeafNation View Post
When Lupul comes back.

To PIT: MacArthur + Holzer

To TOR: 2013 2nd rounder + 2013 3rd rounder
MacArthur, IMO, would be the type of get that would upgrade things on Crosby's RW, but I think Shero is aiming higher.

I don't see the need for Holzer, but something around a 2nd for MacArthur isn't unreasonable.

He makes enough plays on his own that he'd instantly be the Pens 4th most creative forward in that regard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phion Keneuf View Post
For Kulemin ~ Bennett + 1st.

He won't come cheap... I'm sure Nonis doesn't want to look like a dumb ass when Kule starts potting 30-40 consistently with Malkin
I don't think you get that. For Kulemin AND MacArthur, maybe you're warmer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by silentprotector View Post
kulemin and gunnarson for olli maata and beau bennett or macarthur and gunnarson plus 2nd for the same package
All three-- Kulemin, MacArthur, and Gunnarrson-- for Bennett and Maatta, maybe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flames rebuilder View Post
Bouwmeester(half salary) + Glencross

For

Despres + Bennett + 2013 1st
Love Glencross. J-Bo at half salary would really help, especially next season. Value, IMO, is pretty close.

Now, like the deal referenced above, J-Bo (half salary), Glencross, and Iginla would address the Pens three biggest issues. What's the price for that?

Last edited by KIRK: 01-26-2013 at 01:47 PM.
KIRK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 04:18 PM
Mystifo
Lol Doodle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowdy Roddy Peeper View Post
Assuming Kulemin will do the things you claim he could do is not a very calculated risk-projection though, now is it?

Right. So that's not how GMs operate.

Brouwer and Versteeg were both more productive players when they were dealt than Kulemin. If he shows he can up his production some from last year, then he'll be worth a 1st. Right now, he ain't.
Paul Gaustad got a 1st. At the deadline I am more than confident Kulemin could garner a first.

MacArthur + Franson for Vokoun + 2nd

Mystifo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 04:33 PM
eXile59
Shirts on.

We could add Weber & Ovechkin & it wouldn't matter. As long as Bylsma keeps this all out aggressive "stretch the ice" system we aren't winning crap.

eXile59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 04:37 PM
domaug*
Flahr Pahr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystifo View Post
Paul Gaustad got a 1st. At the deadline I am more than confident Kulemin could garner a first.

Vokoun's not available until the Pens get an equally capable backup for Fleury.

domaug* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 05:46 PM
Tasty Biscuits
with fancy sauce

The personnel on the D is fine, as long as Bylsma plays the right guys on the bottom pairing. It's the system that needs tweaking.

A creative forward, however, IS a need.

Tasty Biscuits is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 06:03 PM
Rowdy Roddy Peeper
**** You, Duthie

Quote:

Paul Gaustad is a huge center who was top 10 in faceoff percentage and could give the Sabres nearly 3 minute of PK time a game.

He and Kulemin are not analogous.

And Vokoun is not remotely available. He's our last line of defense if Fleury implodes again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kratzbuerste View Post
What a train wreck. Two bad games, which were mostly bad, because the elite players we already have (Letang, Malkin) were performing way subpar and suddenly we need a top4 D again.
I don`t actually mind Letang, Orpik, Martin, Niskanen one bit. Everything that is not a clearcut upgrade on Martin in the Pens system (i.e. these guys like Gunnarson, Leopold or Ballard) are completely ****ing useless proposals.
No kidding.

Rowdy Roddy Peeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 06:26 PM
Captain Hook
Olli Määttä

I think the Pens have the talent on defense. I'm just not sold on it being the right mix. I think they could use another bruiser that's capable of top 4 minutes. I don't think that's Engelland. Having another top 4 D would also give them a fallback option if Martin implodes.

I do think the bigger priority is to find Sid a winger and I think they'd be willing to pay a premium for the right guy. I don't think there's any untouchables when it comes to the prospects or draft picks.

Captain Hook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 06:52 PM
fedfed
@FedFedRMNB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky Bobby View Post
You also never see wingers have the team they growing up playing for parish in a plane crash. Last year is a bad year to analyze Kulemin by.

Kulemin is a 20-25 goal - 25-30 assist winger 2nd line winger who plays hard in all 3 zones. Put him with a guy like Malkin and he might become a 60 or 65 point guy.
Did Metallurg Magnitogorsk team parish in a plane crash last year? If so, how does Sergey Mozyakin still lead the league in points?

fedfed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 07:15 PM
Flat Stanley

Quote:
Originally Posted by sba View Post
Leopold for Harrington.
Absolutely not.

Ray Shero already traded a 2nd round pick for him in 2010, Scott Harrington is a former 2nd round pick that is showing promise, I don't think Shero would even trade a 2013 2nd for him.

Flat Stanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 07:25 PM
Captain Hook
Olli Määttä

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyes of Orpik View Post
Absolutely not.

Ray Shero already traded a 2nd round pick for him in 2010, Scott Harrington is a former 2nd round pick that is showing promise, I don't think Shero would even trade a 2013 2nd for him.
Agreed.

Leopold is a good player and probably worth a 2nd rounder to somebody but the Pens have already gone down that road. He wasn't a great fit here.

Captain Hook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 07:28 PM
ObsessedCreative
I hate Dan Bylsma.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eXile59 View Post
We could add Weber & Ovechkin & it wouldn't matter. As long as Bylsma keeps this all out aggressive "stretch the ice" system we aren't winning crap.
EXACTLY, and not to mention his inability or idiocy to NEVER and I mean NEVER EVER make any type of game to game or in game adjustments is KILLING this team.

It is time Disco gets the pink slip.

ObsessedCreative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 08:10 PM
OCPenguin

Quote:

The GM who handed out a first for Gaustad is a total moron. He is at best a third round pick IMO.

Vokoun is going NO WHERE.

OCPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 08:11 PM
OCPenguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by sba View Post
Leopold for Harrington.
We have tons of puck moving blueliners ... Leopold has already been a Penguin and Shero chose not to resign him. He makes NO SENSE on this team. I wouldn't trade Harrington for Leopold. That would be dumber than giving a first round pick for Gaustad.

OCPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 08:55 PM
KIRK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasty Biscuits View Post
The personnel on the D is fine, as long as Bylsma plays the right guys on the bottom pairing. It's the system that needs tweaking.

A creative forward, however, IS a need.
MacArthur would be the Pens third most creative forward. Even Kulemin probably would be fourth or fifth at absolute worst.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Hook View Post
Agreed.

Leopold is a good player and probably worth a 2nd rounder to somebody but the Pens have already gone down that road. He wasn't a great fit here.
That seems to be a recurring theme.

Old
01-26-2013, 08:58 PM
Hero
The Corporal Returns

vCash: 50
Kessel and Phaneuf?

Hero is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 09:06 PM
KIRK

Quote:
Originally Posted by hero View Post
Kessel and Phaneuf?
I was unaware that those two were available and shudder to think what the price tag would be.