HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Leafs @ Rangers 1/26/13 "Boyle stole DZ's goal" Edition

View Poll Results: Three Players of the Game?
Marc Staal 107 62.57%
Taylor Pyatt 3 1.75%
Brad Richards 28 16.37%
Henrik Lundqvist 4 2.34%
Arron Asham 2 1.17%
Mike Rupp 2 1.17%
Marian Gaborik 151 88.30%
Rick Nash 84 49.12%
Michael Del Zotto 85 49.71%
Ryan McDonagh 3 1.75%
Steve Eminger 1 0.58%
Anton Stralman 1 0.58%
Dan Girardi 1 0.58%
Martin Biron 3 1.75%
Benn Ferierro 15 8.77%
Carl Hagelin 3 1.75%
Ryan Callahan 1 0.58%
Brian Boyle 9 5.26%
Jeff Halpern 1 0.58%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 171. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-26-2013, 09:01 PM
  #76
mrjimmyg89
'13-'14 East Champs
 
mrjimmyg89's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 2,900
vCash: 500
Great game, but still not liking this:

Rupp and Asham - 2 minutes
Eminger and Halpern - 4 minutes

I know they won, but isn't this what got them in trouble last season? I know they will play less games this season, but isn't that something they want to avoid with the lack of conditioning from training camp? Hopefully Arnott and Kreider coming back will help in reducing the minutes that some guys play. I know the big guns have to be on the ice, but hopefuly this can give Torts some guys he will trust more in the bottom 6.

I did not notice Eminger making mistakes. I thought the 4th line looked good for the couple shifts they had. Why not play them for a few more minutes? Even if it is 8 minutes a game, it helps take a minute or 2 off guys each game. That means something in the end of games and in the long run.

mrjimmyg89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 09:01 PM
  #77
BBKers
Registered User
 
BBKers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: South Koster, Sweden
Country: Sweden
Posts: 6,001
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to BBKers
This one is for Kyper "Gaborik has not impressed yet in his stay in NYC". Kiss my hairy brownhole....

Thought there were many players that stepped up 2nite
Boyle, Hagelin, the new guy Ferriero looked better than Newbs or Segal, Asham, Stralman and Stepan had better games than they have had
Gaborik, Nash and Staal with the stars. MDZ with a tie with Stall IMO actually...
PP still sux
Callahan has not taken well to this lockout absence,,, he can still add several notches IMO
Richards with a somewhat better game but still expecting more cuz he has somuch more to give
The 3rd period actually saw long periods of domination with constructive play
PP still sux though...
Where was the whipping boy Bickel btw
Yeah, I forgot, PP is a disaster

BBKers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 09:02 PM
  #78
Bob Richards
Global Moderator
Mr. Mojo Risin'
 
Bob Richards's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 49,024
vCash: 50
Wiping away tears. Christ we needed that.

Bob Richards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 09:03 PM
  #79
Kreider Typical
flex
 
Kreider Typical's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 2,554
vCash: 500
can we please stop opening the games when we have momentum with 2 ****ing pointless fights? it's CLEARLY not working in our favor-- we've yet to gain momentum from one this season. please stop, mike rupp and arron asham: we all know you're big tough men. we're impressed. we promise

Kreider Typical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 09:03 PM
  #80
NYRKING30
Registered User
 
NYRKING30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: NYC
Posts: 2,045
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBKers View Post
This one is for Kyper "Gaborik has not impressed yet in his stay in NYC". Kiss my hairy brownhole....

Thought there were many players that stepped up 2nite
Boyle, Hagelin, the new guy Ferriero looked better than Newbs or Segal, Asham, Stralman and Stepan had better games than they have had
Gaborik, Nash and Staal with the stars. MDZ with a tie with Stall IMO actually...
PP still sux
Callahan has not taken well to this lockout absence,,, he can still add several notches IMO
Richards with a somewhat better game but still expecting more cuz he has somuch more to give
The 3rd period actually saw long periods of domination with constructive play
PP still sux though...
Yeah, I forgot, PP is a disaster
When did Kyper say that? Is he aware in 2 of his 3 seasons so far he has had 40 plus goals and led the team in points?

NYRKING30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 09:03 PM
  #81
pld459666
Registered User
 
pld459666's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Danbury, CT
Country: United States
Posts: 17,222
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by B1SHOP View Post
Ferriero goes from Wilkes-Barre to Rangers 2nd line center in 2 days.
who goes to CT when Arnott joins the team?

pld459666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 09:03 PM
  #82
Maineice11
Registered User
 
Maineice11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Maine
Country: United States
Posts: 6,411
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Maineice11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13 View Post
Staal was a beast tonight.
yup and he got the hugo boss hat (aka broadway hat #2)

Maineice11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 09:04 PM
  #83
LittleKev6D9
Unregistered User
 
LittleKev6D9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Middletown
Country: United States
Posts: 1,168
vCash: 500
Hopefully the addition of Arnott will open up the depth of this team and make them more than a one line team. Marc Staal is the best defensemen on this team. Staal and MDZ are a best pair. McD-Girardi should still be utilized as the shutdown pair, but MDZ-Staal is going to lead this team. MDZ has found his nitch since the 10-11 seaon mess and now Staal is healthy. A dangerous pair if you ask me.

LittleKev6D9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 09:04 PM
  #84
JeffMangum
I'm v
 
JeffMangum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Listening to music
Country: United States
Posts: 59,051
vCash: 50
Staal with the hat.

__________________
Soon.
JeffMangum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 09:04 PM
  #85
Affinity
Registered User
 
Affinity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Toms River, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 7,540
vCash: 500
Staal-MDZ has been our best pairing. They play absolutely amazing together.

Affinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 09:04 PM
  #86
Scooter17
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 483
vCash: 500
I thought Nash looked slow and lazy at times tonight. Or maybe he was just tired...that top line played a ton.

Scooter17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 09:05 PM
  #87
NYR Viper
Moderator
 
NYR Viper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 29,521
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pld459666 View Post
who goes to CT when Arnott joins the team?
Better be Gilroy.....

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 09:05 PM
  #88
Sm0otHocKeySPeeD
Registered User
 
Sm0otHocKeySPeeD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Flushing, NY
Country: Puerto Rico
Posts: 788
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Sm0otHocKeySPeeD
The hat is back...

Sm0otHocKeySPeeD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 09:05 PM
  #89
tjs252
Registered User
 
tjs252's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 494
vCash: 500
Staal and Gaborik continue to impress me so much night after night. It's really great to see.

tjs252 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 09:05 PM
  #90
dmjt4160
Registered User
 
dmjt4160's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 1,213
vCash: 500
Were 5 games into the season and we desperately needed to get this win. No problem with a shortened bench. Get some leads and it becomes easier to roll 4 lines and 6 d

dmjt4160 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 09:05 PM
  #91
Trxjw
Retired.
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Land of no calls..
Country: United States
Posts: 16,992
vCash: 500
Staal was the best player on the ice tonight, but Boyle was lights out as well.

Ferriero looked solid as well. That Hagelin-Ferriero-Cally line was all over the place

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 09:06 PM
  #92
JeffMangum
I'm v
 
JeffMangum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Listening to music
Country: United States
Posts: 59,051
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter17 View Post
I thought Nash looked slow and lazy at times tonight. Or maybe he was just tired...that top line played a ton.
You serious?

8 shots, two assists, was pretty much the reason why the play on the 3rd goal stayed alive.

JeffMangum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 09:06 PM
  #93
aemoreira1981
Registered User
 
aemoreira1981's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: New York City
Country: United States
Posts: 4,898
vCash: 500
At least this year's hat is actually stylish. Last year's hat looked beat to hell.

aemoreira1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 09:06 PM
  #94
BBKers
Registered User
 
BBKers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: South Koster, Sweden
Country: Sweden
Posts: 6,001
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to BBKers
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRKING30 View Post
When did Kyper say that? Is he aware in 2 of his 3 seasons so far he has had 40 plus goals and led the team in points?
He said it the other day on some radio show he was babbling on. Said he was on the trade market too. RB provided a link in the the Trade thread. Blasphemy, I say, bloody Greek blasphemy

BBKers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 09:06 PM
  #95
JeffMangum
I'm v
 
JeffMangum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Listening to music
Country: United States
Posts: 59,051
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
Staal was the best player on the ice tonight, but Boyle was lights out as well.

Ferriero looked solid as well. That Hagelin-Ferriero-Cally line was all over the place
Boyle sucks, there's no way he could have played a great game.

Silly Trxjw.

JeffMangum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 09:08 PM
  #96
Sm0otHocKeySPeeD
Registered User
 
Sm0otHocKeySPeeD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Flushing, NY
Country: Puerto Rico
Posts: 788
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Sm0otHocKeySPeeD
Yakupov is such an attention w**** lol

BTW:...I think DZ's shot was going wide anyway

Sm0otHocKeySPeeD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 09:08 PM
  #97
Loffen
Wen Kroy
 
Loffen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Soft euro
Posts: 18,227
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sm0otHocKeySPeeD View Post
The hat is back...
Zeh cup is ours.

Loffen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 09:08 PM
  #98
Scooter17
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 483
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
You serious?

8 shots, two assists, was pretty much the reason why the play on the 3rd goal stayed alive.
Thats why I said at times...he made some nice plays.

Scooter17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 09:09 PM
  #99
BBKers
Registered User
 
BBKers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: South Koster, Sweden
Country: Sweden
Posts: 6,001
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to BBKers
Quote:
Originally Posted by pld459666 View Post
who goes to CT when Arnott joins the team?
I would think Kreider, but who knows?
He is waiver exempt and can recurpurate there

BBKers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 09:09 PM
  #100
Levitate
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 21,403
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjimmyg89 View Post
Great game, but still not liking this:

Rupp and Asham - 2 minutes
Eminger and Halpern - 4 minutes

I know they won, but isn't this what got them in trouble last season? I know they will play less games this season, but isn't that something they want to avoid with the lack of conditioning from training camp? Hopefully Arnott and Kreider coming back will help in reducing the minutes that some guys play. I know the big guns have to be on the ice, but hopefuly this can give Torts some guys he will trust more in the bottom 6.

I did not notice Eminger making mistakes. I thought the 4th line looked good for the couple shifts they had. Why not play them for a few more minutes? Even if it is 8 minutes a game, it helps take a minute or 2 off guys each game. That means something in the end of games and in the long run.
Again, a couple of reasons I think. The Rangers were playing from behind most of the game so Tortorella was leaning on his top players, and also that with this slow start, he's leaning on his top players even more than he normally would because he wants to get the team rolling. The Rangers started the game rolling 4 lines, etc, but Tortorella shortened his bench once they went down a goal or two.

I'd be if it was the Rangers going up a couple of goals, he'd roll the lines more. I also think he's probably feeling out that bottom six and trying to find out if it's a line that he trusts.

Levitate is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:46 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.