HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Hawks PP - first impressions

Old
01-21-2013, 01:23 AM
w00d
Remember the Roar

vCash: 500
Hawks are 20% on the power play and people are complaining? If they can stay around that number they will be in the top-5 in the league. Last year Nashville was 1st with 21.6% and the Hawks were 26th with 15.2%.

w00d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 02:18 AM
digdug41982

vCash: 50
Yeah, it's been grade A, nothing to complain about, looks much different too, more shooting, better positioning, much much better job of keeping the puck in, winning battles and knowing where each guy is and depending on that. The passing has been very good too, also quicker, less indecision, shoot or pass right away.

digdug41982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 09:10 AM
TheNuge

What I'd like to see is toews on the point with sharp, Keith on the backdoor/ half wall for the quick one timer with a big body infront ( buff was perfect for this ) and Kane running the other half wall... See how it would work out, I'd love to see Keith unload bombs on the backdoor

TheNuge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 10:57 AM
TorMenT
Go Blackhawks!

I think the Hawks PP has looked pretty good. They have had a couple that looked real sloppy, but most of them have been solid. I think the last 2 last night they weren't giving it 100% effort because they didn't want to risk giving up a shorty when there wasn't much time left, and they knew the Coyotes would be taking more chances. I bet if there was more time left they would have played at least 1 of those differently.

TorMenT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 11:49 AM
Jeffrey Lebowski
Luuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

I agree that it looks a little better as of right now, but I just don't think it's going to stick. I hope I'm wrong.

There's more movement which is good but the coaching staff really needs to drill it in their head that we need a net front presence and shots from the point. No more passing around until there's a backdoor/high-slot opportunity. If it's there, take it... but don't force it.

The Kane PPG goal was great, but like someone else said, it seemed to be a result of Kane being tired of people waiting for a chance and just took a shot. It was a good shot, don't get me wrong, but a little lucky that it went in considering the placement of it.

The other PPG was more of an individual effort by Kane than the man advantage. I could see the exact same play unfolding if the other team's line was tired and couldn't get off the ice.

Jeffrey Lebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 11:51 AM
Any Colour You Like
Griswold

vCash: 2293
I'm more convinced after last night's victory. Starting to like what I'm seeing from the guys. Kane just drives everything from the wheelhouse.

Any Colour You Like is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 11:57 AM
Jeffrey Lebowski
Luuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBH View Post
I'm more convinced after last night's victory. Starting to like what I'm seeing from the guys. Kane just drives everything from the wheelhouse.
Kane has always set up along the boards at the hatch marks... this isn't anything new for our PP. What is (somewhat) different is that he and other players are actually moving around and cycling the puck instead of just passing it around to stationary players.

Old
01-21-2013, 12:01 PM
STC

Still looks like crap, still having trouble getting into the zone. The only positive I see is that at least they are making a conscious effort to have the PP run through Kane as much as possible as opposed to just blasting shots from the point.

I don't give them any credit for the Kane PP goal since that was 5 on 3. Scoring on a 5 on 3 should be a given every time.

STC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 12:11 PM
Nothingman*

I like Stalberg planted in front of the net. And it has been better than last year which isn't hard to beat. I am not taking much stock in the last two PP as they were just killing off time with a 2 goal lead it seemed.

Nothingman* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 12:13 PM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by w00d View Post
Hawks are 20% on the power play and people are complaining? If they can stay around that number they will be in the top-5 in the league. Last year Nashville was 1st with 21.6% and the Hawks were 26th with 15.2%.
you need to get the facts right. Hawks are 0% on the Powerplay. Kane is 20%

Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 12:16 PM
Jeffrey Lebowski
Luuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba88 View Post
you need to get the facts right. Hawks are 0% on the Powerplay. Kane is 20%
LOL pretty much

Old
01-26-2013, 09:06 PM
BobbyJet
HFB Partner

Notice when Hawks got a 4 on 3 tonight, they went back to standing still. Old and bad habits are difficult to break. Even Kane can be kept in check when he's just standing there trying to stick handle in a phone booth. Q trying to get Saad and Shaw going offensively by giving them time on PP. I hope that was because of the team we were playing. When the game is that close, we need our best offensive players on the PP as much as possible - even at this early stage in the season.

BobbyJet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 10:50 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyJet View Post
Notice when Hawks got a 4 on 3 tonight, they went back to standing still. Old and bad habits are difficult to break. Even Kane can be kept in check when he's just standing there trying to stick handle in a phone booth. Q trying to get Saad and Shaw going offensively by giving them time on PP. I hope that was because of the team we were playing. When the game is that close, we need our best offensive players on the PP as much as possible - even at this early stage in the season.
Shaw's been on the PP the entire season... He's not good at what he's trying to do however and in general he hasn't played well.

Saad was on at the tail end of the PP.. he was out on a PP, but he wasn't actually on a PP unit.

HockeySensible is offline   Reply With Quote