HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

*ALL* Luongo Talk (News/Speculation/Rumors/Proposals)

Closed Thread

Old
01-26-2013, 09:05 PM
TOML

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liferleafer View Post
This Leafs team won't make the pmayoffs even with Luongo.
Not that he'd waive to go there, but i believe their playoff chances would get a huge boost if he did.

TOML

Old
01-26-2013, 09:05 PM
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score

vCash: 5555
Quote:
Be honest, if you actually watched, tell me which of the 4 goals he was to blame. I'll help you out, 2 were great tips and 1 Boyle was literally on top of him.
None were his "fault", per se, but in my opinion a great performance is one where a goalie stops goals that he wouldn't have been faulted on even if he'd allowed them.

Which is why I said he played well, just not great.

Old
01-26-2013, 09:07 PM
TOML

It's Florida that's in some REAL trouble early on. But how do you judge a team with so many injuries? At this point they could really use Bjugstad as well.

The pressure on Tallon to do something increases with every loss.

TOML

Old
01-26-2013, 09:07 PM
cyris
Global Moderator
On a Soma Holiday

vCash: 797
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
Seems to be a lot of goaltending issues around the league tonight. Florida and Toronto getting lit up.
Reimer may have been our best player tonight. None of the goals were his fault our team D was terrible after the first period.

Old
01-26-2013, 09:09 PM
Wizeman*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stats01 View Post
Because we keep getting proposals of Kadri, Gardiner or a first, it aint happening!! Thats why we're here.
Bull.

Some of us Canuck fans understand there is some downside to Luongo . His age , contract and cap hit. Some of us Canuck fans take this into consideration.

Ashton, Colbourne and an UNCONDITIONAL 1st in 2014. None of this top 5 protected crap.

Now that deal does not rob the Leafs or Kadri, Gardiner or their 2013 first. Nor does it ask for Bozak or injured Lupul or whatnot.

This is a REAL deal. It helps the Canucks in the long term. Luongo helps the Leafs 3 to 5 years.

Both teams win in this scenario.

Old
01-26-2013, 09:11 PM
TOML

As for Reimer, he cannot be held completely blameless. They had the lead. They surrendered 5 in a row. At some point a legit starter has to come up with legit starter saves. Is that Reimer? Well, he just got lit up and Scrivens got lit up last game. These events MAY have been predictable. Neither look like the real deal at this point.

So would Luongo make a difference? You bet he would. Instant credibility.

TOML

Old
cyris
Global Moderator
On a Soma Holiday

Quote:
None were his "fault", per se, but in my opinion a great performance is one where a goalie stops goals that he wouldn't have been faulted on even if he'd allowed them.

Which is why I said he played well, just not great.
He did make some of those saves tonight the rest of the team just played terribly.

Old
IceManCat
A New Era

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOML View Post
It's Florida that's in some REAL trouble early on. But how do you judge a team with so many injuries? At this point they could really use Bjugstad as well.

TOML

If you think our woes have anything to do with goal-tending you are wrong my friend

Old
01-26-2013, 09:12 PM
JackJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizeman View Post
Bull.

Some of us Canuck fans understand there is some downside to Luongo . His age , contract and cap hit. Some of us Canuck fans take this into consideration.

Ashton, Colbourne and an UNCONDITIONAL 1st in 2014. None of this top 5 protected crap.

Now that deal does not rob the Leafs or Kadri, Gardiner or their 2013 first. Nor does it ask for Bozak or injured Lupul or whatnot.

This is a REAL deal. It helps the Canucks in the long term. Luongo helps the Leafs 3 to 5 years.

We're still 3-5 years away from competing so what's the point?

Old
01-26-2013, 09:15 PM
Liferleafer
RIP Mrs Doubtfire

Question for Nucks fans, (no trolling) with Chi being 5-0, Bryz bring solid in his last 3, Edm looking good so far....does it worry you that you may be back to the 2 original favoured teams (FLA/TO)? Tallon doesn't seem to be any more interested and Nonis has said he won't pay. (and Luongo won't waive for TO).

Vankiller seems to think the market is growing, right now it seems to be shrinking.

Old
01-26-2013, 09:16 PM
WarriorofTime

Quote:
This Leafs team won't make the pmayoffs even with Luongo.
I think they'd have a shot. They have a good offense but not good enough to score 5 goals a night. When they give up those bad goals it is really deflating and they are a team that is terrible at defending leads.

Old
01-26-2013, 09:16 PM
cyris
Global Moderator
On a Soma Holiday

Quote:
As for Reimer, he cannot be held completely blameless. They had the lead. They surrendered 5 in a row. At some point a legit starter has to come up with legit starter saves. Is that Reimer? Well, he just got lit up and Scrivens got lit up last game. These events MAY have been predictable. Neither look like the real deal at this point.

So would Luongo make a difference? You bet he would. Instant credibility.

TOML
He let in 4 not 5 and atleast 3 of them could have been prevented if our D had kept the front of the net clear.

Old
01-26-2013, 09:18 PM
WarriorofTime

Quote:

TOML
Florida's most important player is a Rookie.

Old
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyris View Post
He did make some of those saves tonight the rest of the team just played terribly.
Allowing 4 goals in two periods, no matter how badly the team plays, cannot be considered a great performance by any stretch of imagination. Can he be faulted for it? No, as the Leafs did play awful. But he didn't exceed expectations in terms of making enough saves his team needed to keep them in it.

Old
The Saurus

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarriorofTime View Post
I think they'd have a shot. They have a good offense but not good enough to score 5 goals a night. When they give up those bad goals it is really deflating and they are a team that is terrible at defending leads.
Would Roberto have given the Leafs more than 17 shots tonight?

Old
Liferleafer
RIP Mrs Doubtfire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizeman View Post
Bull.

As i've said before, i'd do this deal. Any deal if it were to happen would have to be now, a few more losses and it would be to late.

Old
01-26-2013, 09:21 PM
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score

Quote:
Question for Nucks fans, (no trolling) with Chi being 5-0, Bryz bring solid in his last 3, Edm looking good so far....does it worry you that you may be back to the 2 original favoured teams (FLA/TO)? Tallon doesn't seem to be any more interested and Nonis has said he won't pay. (and Luongo won't waive for TO).

Vankiller seems to think the market is growing, right now it seems to be shrinking.
Dubnyk let in 6 goals in 1 period, I'm not too worried about him. Bryzgalov has been okay. Crawford's been atrocious so far, the Hawks team as a whole has been able to compensate for it, though. Washington's goaltending has been bad as well.

Old
01-26-2013, 09:22 PM
cyris
Global Moderator
On a Soma Holiday

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarriorofTime View Post
None of the goals given up tonight were bad goals.

Last edited by cyris: 01-26-2013 at 09:28 PM.
Old
01-26-2013, 09:27 PM
The Saurus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyris View Post
None of the goals give up tonight were bad goals.
It doesn't matter either way though. A good game here or there doesn't really impact upon anything. James Reimer would have to prove that he's capable of carrying the loud over the next year or year and a half.

Old
01-26-2013, 09:27 PM
Liferleafer
RIP Mrs Doubtfire

Quote:
Dubnyk let in 6 goals in 1 period, I'm not too worried about him. Bryzgalov has been okay. Crawford's been atrocious so far, the Hawks team as a whole has been able to compensate for it, though. Washington's goaltending has been bad as well.
In Chicago's case, at 5-0, they won't be considering a deal for Lu. Edm maybe, does Lu waive for there? Wash is s different animal, like TO and FLA; there problems are much deeper than goaltending. Also, Gillis waiting might cost him, FLA is already 1-5 i believe, Wash 1-4, a couple more losses and they may just throw in the towel. If i'm Mike, i'm trying to close a deal right now.

Old
01-26-2013, 09:30 PM
cyris
Global Moderator
On a Soma Holiday

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Saurus View Post
It doesn't matter either way though. A good game here or there doesn't really impact upon anything. James Reimer would have to prove that he's capable of carrying the loud over the next year or year and a half.
I agree. Reimer hasn't proven anything yet but no one should look at that game and think that goaltending was the problem either.

Old
01-26-2013, 09:32 PM
StringerBell

Quote:

No, I'm not terribly worried. I like having two number one goalies on the roster. I'll be worried if when the offseason comes there's 0-1 teams interested, but right now we really don't need to make a trade, regardless of how many times the TO media says we have holes that need to be immediately addressed by trading Lu.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Saurus View Post
Then why make posts supposing that it could after he has 1 good period?

Old
01-26-2013, 09:32 PM
rune74

Quote:
In Chicago's case, at 5-0, they won't be considering a deal for Lu. Edm maybe, does Lu waive for there? Wash is s different animal, like TO and FLA; there problems are much deeper than goaltending. Also, Gillis waiting might cost him, FLA is already 1-5 i believe, Wash 1-4, a couple more losses and they may just throw in the towel. If i'm Mike, i'm trying to close a deal right now.
This hasn't changed from when you started all this. The market isn't shrinking as you say, that is your perception.

Old
01-26-2013, 09:36 PM
The Saurus

Quote:
Originally Posted by StringerBell View Post
Then why make posts supposing that it could after he has 1 good period?
I simply asked what it would do to Roberto's value if James Reimer proves that he's capable of carrying the load in Toronto.

Old
01-26-2013, 09:39 PM
jammyrft

I've watched all the leaf games this year and as a Canuck die hard I can admit the leafs haven't been bad at all this year. And their goaltending has 'on average' been pretty good. But I do feel they're playing better then they actually are (if that makes any sense) I will say even though goaltending hasn't been horrendous, if they had a veteran goalie, combined with how they're playing they'd be x2 as good

Closed Thread