HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2012-2013 Connecticut Whale/Greenville Road Warriors Thread (AHL, ECHL) Part II

Closed Thread

Old
01-26-2013, 01:54 PM
colman

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beacon View Post
Because Haley is a waste of space. I'm not sure what his role is.

Sometimes I wonder how much of a gap there is between Hartford and Greenville. Logic suggests it's significant, but sometimes I wonder if there's really a significant difference between the top half of players in Greenville and the bottom half of the players in Hartford.
The top Players in Greenville would be able to play In AHL more of the younger ones just need a chance Most of them were good NCAA and OHL players.Just need the OPP in AHL

Old
01-26-2013, 01:55 PM
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBKers View Post
Maybe I am dreaming, seem to do that a bit. But I think they are going to develop in the NCAA. All three of them. Will they all become professionals? Well at least maybe 2 of them. Will they all become NHLers? Hopefully 1 or 2... But it looks like these guys are on the longer road to get there. Does not mean they are ready for pro play next year, you must have misinterpreted what I meant or I was maybe unclear...

They all should all play pro, just not next year. I want to see them develop the right way. No reason to throw them into the fire immediately. There's nothing wrote with teenagers staying in college.

Old
01-26-2013, 06:13 PM
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors

FIRST PERIOD

Miller is centering Haley and Wiebe to start the game. Wiebe apparently moved from 4C to 2RW. Springfield takes a penalty 6 seconds into the game for roughing.

SCORE: Yogi scores a couple seconds after the PP expires. Great positioning by him. Very good PP performance by Miller who started this whole play. He'd be so much more effective at wing than center. Haley and Pyett got assists.

Mash unable to accept a pass that would've sent a better player on a breakaway.

Wilson stopped from two feet out on a beautiful save. Wilson seems to know his role and does it properly for an AHL rookie.

PENALTY: Second PP coming up for the Whale.

Tessier hit the very inside of the post, but the puck came out.

Thomas with a nice hustle play, going through a much bigger guy who was hitting hit into the boards. Fired a good shot that was stopped. He's once again using his shot more and it's producing better results.

PENALTY: And now Thomas draws a penalty for interference. Now a Whale took a penalty.

Very good defensive play by Wiebe, the kind of stuff you expect from McDonagh or Staal.

Mash is having a good start to the game. Drives to the net nicely.

Noob saves a tap-in goal against the Whale, keeping it 1-0.

Talbot now with a great save.

PENALTY: Holding on McIlrath. BS call. He didn't really hold him. Very nice save by Talbot. Then a good block by Klassen half a minute later.

Still on the PK, Talbot slides very quickly from his right to his left, making a tremendous save.

Last edited by Beacon: 01-26-2013 at 09:05 PM.
Old
01-26-2013, 06:15 PM
Punxrocknyc19*

Quote:
FIRST PERIOD

Miller is centering Haley and Wiebe to start the game. Wiebe apparently moved from 4C to 2RW.
does Wiebe have any chance of getting an NHL contract?? or is he their due to lack of depth?

Old
01-26-2013, 06:16 PM
Punxrocknyc19*

Andrew Yogan makes it 1-0

Old
01-26-2013, 09:09 PM
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punxrocknyc19 View Post
does Wiebe have any chance of getting an NHL contract?? or is he their due to lack of depth?
I think we should sign him to an NHL contract. Considering how many crappy players have NHL contracts, why not sign someone who's a spark plug and works really hard? He's a big undersized, but no smaller than Callahan, and plays a similar type of game. He turned 23 just a few weeks ago, so he still has time to grow.

Old
01-26-2013, 09:14 PM
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors

SECOND PERIOD

Great effort and pass by Collins to Miller, who fires it wide. He had a wide open net.

PENALTY: Whale going on another PP. Need to extend their lead. They played well in the first period, but they are just one shot away from a tied game.

Parlett looking good again. Nice defensive play with a good pass to Miller who rushes up the right wing, using his speed, leading to a good shot by Tessier. After the faceoff, Miller with another nice move and a good shot. Looking much better tonight.

PENALTY AND GOAL: Wiebe takes a slashing penalty. The Whale give away the puck in their own zone. Talbot is tackled in the crease and nobody comes to help him. The puck is batted into the net from the air. Talbot should be considering suing his defense for malpractice.

GOAL: Falcon scores in his own net, lol. He fell down and tried to clear the puck by gloving it on the ground, and then throwing it into his own net. Will count as an unassisted Parlett goal.

PENALTY: Miller got hit in the face with a stick under the visor. No injury, but was very close to the eye.

Mash looking really good tonight.

PENALTY: McIlrath with a very nice pass to Tessier, who was tripped.

PENALTY: Another penalty of Spring. 5-on-3 for 38 seconds.

SCORE: The 5-on-3 paid off. Vernace scored. He's had a good game. 3:1. It was a shot by Noob, and the puck went off Segal and Mash, who both get accidental points.

Last edited by Beacon: 01-26-2013 at 09:42 PM.
Old
01-26-2013, 09:19 PM
Punxrocknyc19*

Quote:
I think we should sign him to an NHL contract. Considering how many crappy players have NHL contracts, why not sign someone who's a spark plug and works really hard? He's a big undersized, but no smaller than Callahan, and plays a similar type of game. He turned 23 just a few weeks ago, so he still has time to grow.
i hope they give him an NHL contract. he seems to do alright at the AHL level.

Old
01-26-2013, 09:24 PM
BBKers

Send a message via Skype™ to BBKers
Mashinter with 6 points in 6 games since coming to CT. Not bad for a possible future Rupp replacement

Old
01-26-2013, 09:27 PM
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors

THIRD PERIOD

Miller with another good rush.

McIlrath doesn't think fast enough the whole game. Great raw talents, but can't think to save a life.

Wiebe with an amazing play and then a pass to Tessier who was standing alone in front of the open net, but no dice.

Miller with yet another great rush. Really using his speed tonight. Can't finish it off with either good passes or shots, but this is an improvement over his prior play. Might be because he's playing closer to the boards. He'd be so much better as a winger.

Mash looks like Tkachuk out there. Just a dominant performance.

PENALTY: Holding on Jean. The officiating is horrible. They call non-penalties, they don't call penalties. AHL refs are a million times worse than NHL refs.

I'm pretty sure Callahan is playing in the AHL under the name "Shayne Wiebe". Not scoring as much, but what hustle!

SCORE: Talbot thought he had it, but it trickled out. 3:2.

Wiebe breaks up a play and sends himself on a semi-breakaway, but it's broken up.

Big save by Talbot on JAM who shot from inside the hash marks with 42 seconds to go.

Another good save by Talbot, this time with 20 seconds to go.

GAME OVER. Whale win, THHHHAAA Whale win.

Last edited by Beacon: 01-26-2013 at 10:09 PM.
Old
01-26-2013, 09:28 PM
Punxrocknyc19*

Quote:
Mashinter with 6 points in 6 games since coming to CT. Not bad for a possible future Rupp replacement
i hope so i hope he gets called up if the NYR needs a big body against Flyers Bruins etc

Old
01-26-2013, 09:29 PM
Jarkko Immonen
#42 Artem Anisimov

Send a message via AIM to Jarkko Immonen
Nice win for the Whale tonight, I thought. They needed that bad against Springfield.

Old
01-26-2013, 09:32 PM
McDonaghisGod
Why not us?

Quote:
I hope so because it's becoming clear that signing goons who are on the wrong side of thirty is bad idea.

Old
01-26-2013, 10:36 PM
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors

REVIEW

Don't look now, but the Whale won the last 3 games, and 5 of the last 7. They are only a point out of the playoffs now after looking like they are about to get eliminated from the playoff race.

Here's a fun fact: Hartford once again played with only 17 skaters: 6D and 11F. Couldn't they call someone up from the ECHL? What's wrong with giving Brandon Wong or Marc-Olivier Vallerand a chance?

GOOD

1. Parlett: Excellent game in all three zones. Do you remember how he looked really good in Traverse? Unfortunately, Traverse is below the AHL, so when he went to Hartford, he didn't impress last year. But now he looks in the AHL how he looked in Traverse then.

2. Thomas: The benching did him a lot of good. Nice hustle, good use of his speed and good job shooting. Still not converting, but not bad.

3. Mash: Looked dominant out there. Was all over the place.

4. Vernace: Terrific all around. No dumb plays, quick thinking on defense, good job rushing the puck and a solid choice of shots.

5. Wiebe: Do you remember how Callahan looked in his rookie season? That's how this guy looks. (Except he's much older and doesn't have as much time to improve.)

6. Tessier: Solid game. He never does anything great, but nothing bad either.

7. Pyett: Really coming into his own in the recent weeks.

8. Talbot: He may be the best player in Hartford. Looks confident, comfortable, clearly realizing that he has to carry the team on his shoulders for long stretches. Talbot now has 2.61GAA and 0.917 SV%. Those are some terrific numbers of a bad team with an even worse defense.

9. Collins: Solid game. No dumb plays. Covered well for McIlrath.

10. Newbury: Not great, but did his job.

UP AND DOWN

1. Miller: He'd be so much better as a winger. Good at carrying the puck along the board, but finished it off with bad passing or shots.

2. McIlrath: Shows nice ability, but so raw. He'll need to take skating lessons to help his balance. He also needs to think faster. But nice use of his stick, good up and down skater, good at finishing his checks.

NOTHING SPECIAL

1. Klassen: solid game, but mostly invisible.

2. Jean: Where did his speed go? He need to use it again like he did in prior games.

3. Haley: Useless except along the boards.

4. Yogan: Good size, good speed, good shot, but can't think and can't create.

5. Segal: Got an assist, but nothing special tonight.

6. Wilson: Does his job as an AHL 4th liner, knows his role, but don't expect much from him.

BAD

Nobody was really bad. Even the defense played decently well.

Last edited by Beacon: 01-26-2013 at 11:21 PM.
Old
01-26-2013, 10:40 PM
NYR Viper

Beacon, how is Mashinter's defensive game and skating? Sounds like he goes to the dirty areas and knows his role.

Old
01-26-2013, 11:10 PM
bmoak

Greenville wins big again to extend their unbeaten streak to 8. Stacjer with another strong game.

Old
01-26-2013, 11:16 PM
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmoak View Post
Greenville wins big again to extend their unbeaten streak to 8. Stacjer with another strong game.

Yup, that's what I came here to post. He gave up only 5 goals on almost 100 shots (97) in the last 3 game. Good to see him do well.

Old
01-26-2013, 11:18 PM
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
Beacon, how is Mashinter's defensive game and skating? Sounds like he goes to the dirty areas and knows his role.
His skating isn't bad. He was trying to do too much in his first few games. When a team is giving up a 7th rounder for you, there's apparently a lot of pressure for you to succeed...

He calmed down tonight and played the game that he should play and was very good. He isn't fast like Thomas, Bourque or Jean, but he is tougher than them and serves a different role. If he plays like he played today, he'll get himself a bus ride to New York.

Old
01-26-2013, 11:24 PM
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors

Can someone who's watching Hartford play explain to me why Miller is a center?

- He can't win a faceoff if his life depended on it. Even the ones the stats say he won are actually draws where his linemates out-hustled the opposition.

- He's good at protecting the puck with his body.

- He's good along the board.

- His speed is more effective along the wing where he doesn't have to dangle the puck around multiple players.

In what universe is he better at center than wing?

Old
01-26-2013, 11:54 PM
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors

With Kreider likely returning now that the team acquired Arnott and Ferriero, and Hrivik close to returning from injury, here's what I'd like to see up front.

Mash - Newbury - Segal (experience)
Kreider - Jean - Miller (speed)
Hrivik - Wiebe - Thomas (hustle)
Bourque - Tessier - Haley (cycle)

SEND DOWN: Yogan and Wilson

I think this team would be able to make the playoffs. Eventually, Kreider and/or Hrivik will get called up, but these guys can certainly run up the points in the meanwhile.

If Ferriero returns instead of Kreider, then:

Mash - Newbury - Segal
Hrivik - Jean - Miller
Bourque - Ferriero - Thomas
Haley - Tessier - Wiebe

Last edited by Beacon: 01-27-2013 at 02:16 AM.
Old
01-26-2013, 11:58 PM
Zil

Quote:
With Kreider likely returning now that the team acquired Arnott and Ferriero, and Hrivik close to returning from injury, here's what I'd like to see up front.

Mash - Newbury - Segal (experience)
Kreider - Jean - Miller (speed)
Hrivik - Wiebe - Thomas (hustle)
Yogan/Wilson - Tessier - Haley (cycle)

I think this team would be able to make the playoffs. Eventually, Kreider and/or Hrivik will get called up, but these guys can certainly run up the points in the meanwhile.
I don't know if Kreider's getting sent down. They're going to get him healthy first and the bone chip may be the reason for his tentative play.

I'm getting nervous about Hrivik's concussion. There hasn't been an update since we first heard he's got one.

Old
01-27-2013, 01:02 AM
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zil View Post
I'm getting nervous about Hrivik's concussion. There hasn't been an update since we first heard he's got one.

I thought he was skating for almost a week now, and ready to go back to practice soon?

Old
01-27-2013, 03:54 AM
Zil

Quote:
I thought he was skating for almost a week now, and ready to go back to practice soon?
Where did you see that?

Old
01-30-2013, 12:46 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Jim Cerny ‏@JimCerny
asked & answered...he is hurt RT @BigBillRog: @JimCerny what do you think of @RyanBourque91 coming up for a few, he is solid in CT
Did I miss Bourque's injury?

Old
01-30-2013, 12:47 PM
Miz

Ill be at the game this Friday, 2 dollar beers!!!

Closed Thread