HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Braun, Demers, Clowe and/or Murray

Old
01-26-2013, 08:34 PM
MichiganWolverines
Big Mac Attack

vCash: 500
If Scott Gomez or Michal Handzus don't succeed as a 3rd-line centre, will San Jose fans consider Tyler Kennedy, Dustin Jeffrey (solid two-way centre with some offensive upside) and a 2013 2nd round draft pick for Ryane Clowe?

MichiganWolverines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 09:30 PM
Hatrick Marleau
Nikolay GOALdobin

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiganWolverines View Post
If Scott Gomez or Michal Handzus don't succeed as a 3rd-line centre, will San Jose fans consider Tyler Kennedy, Dustin Jeffrey (solid two-way centre with some offensive upside) and a 2013 2nd round draft pick for Ryane Clowe?
NOOOOOO! We've already shot that trade down in another thread last week. I'll say this again. WE ARE NOT TRADING CLOWE FOR TYLER KENNEDY.

Hatrick Marleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 09:30 PM
AbsolonMoreau*

Quote:
Not a chance (we've been through this only 100 times), only way Clowe is being traded is for a top 6 player with speed who is a better fit for the Sharks.

AbsolonMoreau* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 09:31 PM
DuckEatinShark
GET ALL THE PPs!!!!

Quote:
Even though we'd win your trade, we need a top 6 scoring winger just as much if not more than a 3C. It's one of the reasons why we are reluctant to trade Clowe unless a top 6 winger comes back. Teams don't open a hole on their 2nd line to fill a hole on their 3rd line.

I'm sure one of Sheppard, Gomez, and Desjardins will be fine as our 3C, with Handzus on 4C. Absolute worst case scenario, we'll have Pavelski play 3C and bump Wingels or Galiardi in our top 6.

While that package is more than fair IMO, we can't do that trade, especially after the Gomez signing. The only way we'd give you Clowe is if Kunitz comes back, which would be pointless for you.

DuckEatinShark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 09:33 PM
Hatrick Marleau
Nikolay GOALdobin

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckEatinShark View Post
Even though we'd win your trade, we need a top 6 scoring winger just as much if not more than a 3C. It's one of the reasons why we are reluctant to trade Clowe unless a top 6 winger comes back. Teams don't open a hole on their 2nd line to fill a hole on their 3rd line.

I'm sure one of Sheppard, Gomez, and Desjardins will be fine as our 3C, with Handzus on 4C. Absolute worst case scenario, we'll have Pavelski play 3C and bump Wingels or Galiardi in our top 6.

While that package is more than fair IMO, we can't do that trade, especially after the Gomez signing. The only way we'd give you Clowe is if Kunitz comes back, which would be pointless for you.
We lose that trade. I wouldn't trade Clowe for Kunitz either.

Old
01-26-2013, 10:00 PM
CupfortheSharks

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyratoku View Post
We'll give you Setoguchi back for one of the defenders, if you're game.
Yes. Braun for Seto.

Marleau - Thornton - Seto
Couture - Pavs - Havlat
Clowe - Gomez - Wingles
Galiardi - Handzus - Burish
Sheppard/Desjardins

Burns - Boyle
Vlasic - Stuart
Murray - Demers
Irwin

Niemi
Greiss

CupfortheSharks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 10:32 PM
anthonyyy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatrick Marleau View Post
We lose that trade. I wouldn't trade Clowe for Kunitz either.
Why not? Kunitz can play in the top-6, can skate, hits, and has scored 20 goals 4 times in his career. Seems like a good fit with Couture and Havlat, imo.

anthonyyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 10:38 PM
anthonyyy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CupfortheSharks View Post
Yes. Braun for Seto.

Couture - Pavs - Havlat
Clowe - Gomez - Wingles
Sheppard/Desjardins

Burns - Boyle
Vlasic - Stuart
Murray - Demers
Irwin

Niemi
Greiss
This looks good.

anthonyyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 10:41 PM
magic school bus

vCash: 141
Quote:
Yes. Braun for Seto.

Couture - Pavs - Havlat
Clowe - Gomez - Wingles
Sheppard/Desjardins

Burns - Boyle
Vlasic - Stuart
Murray - Demers
Irwin

Niemi
Greiss
Setoguchi is barely a 2nd liner and you want to break up the hottest line in the league for him?

magic school bus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 10:52 PM
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by clumping platelets View Post
Ennis+ for Clowe
No way in hell Buffalo offers that.

TheJuxtaposer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 10:58 PM
CupfortheSharks

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic school bus View Post
Setoguchi is barely a 2nd liner and you want to break up the hottest line in the league for him?
Yup. Marleau is on fire. Thornton looks better than ever. Pavs is helping but he's not the reason that line is hot. Seto has more time with Patty and Jumbo than Pavs does. It's an easy fit. Plus the 2nd line has some goals but it doesn't look great. Seto can get his game back with his old line and Pavs can get our 2nd line going.

Old
01-26-2013, 11:27 PM
Hatrick Marleau
Nikolay GOALdobin

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthonyyy View Post
Why not? Kunitz can play in the top-6, can skate, hits, and has scored 20 goals 4 times in his career. Seems like a good fit with Couture and Havlat, imo.
Clowe is better. Kunitz benefits from playing with Crosby. Not the type of player I would trade Clowe for as he is old and has another year left on his deal at 3.75mil. I'd rather keep Clowe anyway and see if he can get back to being the Clowe of old.

Old
01-27-2013, 12:23 AM
ChoseLa

I don't know what i would offer for Clowe but i'd like him on the Habs. Maybe Cole. I'd offet Gionta but he's the captain and he's realy good at it.

ChoseLa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 02:58 AM
WTFetus
Marlov

Quote:
Yup. Marleau is on fire. Thornton looks better than ever. Pavs is helping but he's not the reason that line is hot. Seto has more time with Patty and Jumbo than Pavs does. It's an easy fit. Plus the 2nd line has some goals but it doesn't look great. Seto can get his game back with his old line and Pavs can get our 2nd line going.
You're not giving Pavelski nearly enough credit for everything he's been doing. Pavelski, Thornton, and Marleau are all huge reasons why that line is hot. Pavelski may not be getting goals, but he's providing excellent puck retrieval, boardwork, and passing. Not to mention his defense is a huge reason why the 1st line is never hemmed in the defensive zone.

WTFetus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 06:40 AM
CupfortheSharks

You are correct about Pavs. I did say he was helping but I do think Seto would end up back on Thornton's wing. Maybe not right away but before the playoffs. Notice I have Burns and Demers in my lineup too.

Old
01-27-2013, 12:35 PM
EastBayShark

Quote:
Pavs is helping but he's not the reason that line is hot.
Hmmm.... last time I checked, Pavs was second in the NHL with 8 assistsó1 behind Thornton.

EastBayShark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 12:50 PM
OverTheLine

Is it actually possible for us to get Seto back? I mean, to retrade for him so soon after we shipped him off seems a little odd--I'd think it would take a little more than just Braun to get him back...?

Although if he can actually play up to his potential, he's basically exactly what we're looking for. A young, speedy winger who can score goals.

OverTheLine is offline   Reply With Quote