HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Every time I see Justin Schultz...

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-26-2013, 10:57 PM
  #1
Detroit Sports
NMC aka LOL -Jimmy H
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 2,206
vCash: 500
Every time I see Justin Schultz...

I get depressed

I was hoping for him along with Suter,Semin and Dekeyser.

Detroit Sports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 11:02 PM
  #2
Jurky
Free the HolySlapper
 
Jurky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,792
vCash: 500
Realistically, The Wings never really had a shot at the Schultz, so I'm not really jealous or anything.
Now, If Dekeyser signs somewhere else and succeeds then I'll be depressed.

Jurky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 11:22 PM
  #3
Detroit Sports
NMC aka LOL -Jimmy H
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 2,206
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by optimuspaul View Post
Realistically, The Wings never really had a shot at the Schultz, so I'm not really jealous or anything.
Now, If Dekeyser signs somewhere else and succeeds then I'll be depressed.
According to Chelios ''If he is from Wisconsin I'll get him..."

Detroit Sports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 11:42 PM
  #4
The Zetterberg Era
Moderator
Nyquist Explosion!
 
The Zetterberg Era's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Ft. Myers, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 19,384
vCash: 500
Everytime I see Schultz I feel bad for the Ducks, although knowing the Ducks if the Oilers are leading big in a game against them I know what is coming his way.

He wasn't coming to Detroit. Not nearly on the same level, but I hope Jensen doesn't use the same loophole if we are dumb enough not to sign him after this year and he goes back and has a big senior season.

The other thing I think whenever I watch Justin Schultz is this guy is a forward.... Sandis Ozoliņš comes to mind as he is still pretty bad in his own end if you watch him.

The Zetterberg Era is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 02:29 AM
  #5
joe89
#5
 
joe89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Country: Sweden
Posts: 17,538
vCash: 500
There's something special with Schultz, he just makes a simple play that leads to a goal every time. Sure he's had some extraordinary puck luck this year and his confidence is through the roof right now, but he's pretty much already looking like an elite offensive player.

For me he's just another player in the league though.

joe89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 07:46 AM
  #6
mindfly
KEN HOLLAND OUT
 
mindfly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Bloomfield Hills, MI
Country: Sweden
Posts: 8,902
vCash: 500
Why didn't he sign with the ducks? wtf was his problem? Ducks isn't exactly phoenix

mindfly is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 07:55 AM
  #7
Mr Writer
Registered User
 
Mr Writer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,012
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Zetterberg Era View Post
Everytime I see Schultz I feel bad for the Ducks, although knowing the Ducks if the Oilers are leading big in a game against them I know what is coming his way.

He wasn't coming to Detroit. Not nearly on the same level, but I hope Jensen doesn't use the same loophole if we are dumb enough not to sign him after this year and he goes back and has a big senior season.

The other thing I think whenever I watch Justin Schultz is this guy is a forward.... Sandis Ozoliņš comes to mind as he is still pretty bad in his own end if you watch him.
I don't think so. Players don't get that bent out of shape over one player making a "hockey/UFA decision" where he wanted to play. It's not like he embellished a goal celebration. Now that is something to lose your **** over....

BTW just add...that last comment was SARCASM. I wasn't put out by Yakupov's celly. But Also, I won't be overly upset if some meathead on L.A. in the next game makes Yakupov eat some stick and re-arranges that pretty smile of his. That's hockey folks.

Mr Writer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 11:22 AM
  #8
Datstromberg
Registered User
 
Datstromberg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 971
vCash: 500
is it possible that he didnt want to sign with detroit out of fear of immediately being sent to the minors?

Datstromberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 11:40 AM
  #9
P U L L H A R D
 
P U L L H A R D's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Ottawa
Country: Somalia
Posts: 24,461
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Datstromberg View Post
is it possible that he didnt want to sign with detroit out of fear of immediately being sent to the minors?
He would be buried in favour of guys like Cola, Quincey, etc. Sad but true.

P U L L H A R D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 11:46 AM
  #10
BinCookin
Registered User
 
BinCookin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: London, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,722
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Datstromberg View Post
is it possible that he didnt want to sign with detroit out of fear of immediately being sent to the minors?
Edmonton was the best choice for maximum playing time, and thus maximum payout.

Considering his age, and the EDM team, it may also be his strongest chance to win for years to come.

We really didn't have much of a chance with those factors

BinCookin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 11:53 AM
  #11
ZDH
Registered User
 
ZDH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,364
vCash: 500
Edmonton was the smart move. I would've done the same.

ZDH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 01:17 PM
  #12
Jurky
Free the HolySlapper
 
Jurky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,792
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Datstromberg View Post
is it possible that he didnt want to sign with detroit out of fear of immediately being sent to the minors?
Around that time MLive reported that KH was offering him a roster spot from the get-go if he signed here. Kenny isn't that stupid

Jurky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 04:39 PM
  #13
The Zetterberg Era
Moderator
Nyquist Explosion!
 
The Zetterberg Era's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Ft. Myers, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 19,384
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Writer View Post
I don't think so. Players don't get that bent out of shape over one player making a "hockey/UFA decision" where he wanted to play. It's not like he embellished a goal celebration. Now that is something to lose your **** over....

BTW just add...that last comment was SARCASM. I wasn't put out by Yakupov's celly. But Also, I won't be overly upset if some meathead on L.A. in the next game makes Yakupov eat some stick and re-arranges that pretty smile of his. That's hockey folks.
You should read Getzlaf's comments about the kid. Lets be honest the Ducks play a pretty thug brand of hockey when they fall behind. They are going to finish every check on him they can get with playoff intensity and if the game is out of control my opinion is one of the big boys will come calling whether he likes it or not.

The only thing slowing down the heated comments is the lack of contract extensions. But Getzlaf was not really diplomatic about it either, showed clear frustration with Schultz and something I expect to see when they play.

The Zetterberg Era is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 04:49 PM
  #14
SoupNazi
Global Moderator
No Soup for You!!!
 
SoupNazi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Kramerica Industries
Country: Argentina
Posts: 17,020
vCash: 500
Schultz was never coming here.

SoupNazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:59 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.