HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Johnsson/Desjardins

Old
06-25-2006, 11:04 PM
mercury

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panasonic Youth
Pass on Kuba. He's never played a full season.

Didn't realize that. The last thing we need is another njury case.

mercury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2006, 07:13 AM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 5792
looks like I'm changing my handle

Johnsson, healthy, is probably worth $4M however we don't know how healthy he is. I have no doubt that if Johnsson never got a concussion he would have been fine, and this would be well deserved. I think we all know he's better than Hatcher or Rathje, however in a cap-world, a player who was out so long and whose health is up in the air certainly doesn't deserve to get double what he was already making. Really, not much of a suprise.

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2006, 07:54 AM
Jester

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyClarkeFan16
I also think we need to take a look at possibly making some trades. We have several assets on the team that could possibly be moved for a good defenseman. I know I'm the minority on here, but Michal Handzus would be someone I would consider moving.
i'd be willing to trade him if i had any faith in Primeau being capable of playing anything close to an entire season... Forsberg not being around also opens up a center spot on the roster.

Primeau complicates everything... right now i would expect Handzus to be Richards' wing when we have our full complement of centers.

Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2006, 08:14 AM
Dr Love

$4 million? Have fun on a 60 point team next year Kim.

Dr Love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2006, 05:14 PM
mikedifr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester
i'd be willing to trade him if i had any faith in Primeau being capable of playing anything close to an entire season... Forsberg not being around also opens up a center spot on the roster.

Primeau complicates everything... right now i would expect Handzus to be Richards' wing when we have our full complement of centers.
And Nedved for that matter. He hasnt exactly been mister reliable and healthy over the past few years.

mikedifr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2006, 04:45 PM
Rex88

I don't know if any caught this but F. Kaberle signed for 4 yrs at 2.2 per - too bad asa he would have replaced KJ. He is close in skills and that seems like a very good deal. KJ is definelty not worth 2x that contract.

Rex88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2006, 08:27 PM
Ex Storm
Dig out your soul...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rex88
I don't know if any caught this but F. Kaberle signed for 4 yrs at 2.2 per - too bad asa he would have replaced KJ. He is close in skills and that seems like a very good deal. KJ is definelty not worth 2x that contract.
A deal like that should drive Johnsson's demands down. If he signs for double that ANYWHERE, he's being really greedy and some GM is very desperate.

Ex Storm is offline   Reply With Quote