HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Game 5: Columbus vs. Chicago | 1/26 7PM EST

Old
01-26-2013, 11:18 PM
CBJWennberg41
Formerly CBJBrassard

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by zytz View Post
Sorry the zebras gave that one towards the Hawks, games like that are hard to swallow. We will see each other again though, and Im sure karma will set things straight
We thought that last year when the Kings were handed a win by their scorekeeper. What happened? We lost the lottery and the Kings won the cup. Karma doesn't exactly side with the Blue Jackets.

CBJWennberg41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 11:20 PM
1857 Howitzer
******* Linesman

Karma can EAD.

01-26-2013, 11:22 PM
leesmith
"We're NEVER Done!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viqsi View Post
G-d only knows how he manages to sleep at night and shave in the morning.
One slip of the razor and it's a circumcision.

leesmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 11:28 PM
Jaxs
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizzz View Post
Zebras already took a point away from him. Don't blame Brass for something he didn't do. He wasn't even on the ice at the moment.
I meant Brass with the turnover at the beginning of the double minor PP. He turned it over inside our zone then took a tripping penalty negating the PP then Dorsett with the high stick.

Jaxs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 12:03 AM
bizzz*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxs View Post
I meant Brass with the turnover at the beginning of the double minor PP. He turned it over inside our zone then took a tripping penalty negating the PP then Dorsett with the high stick.
Well, anyway. He's done more good things than bad. You mentioned only the bad one. Brass was 75% in the circle and took THAT shot on goal. He played well tonight.

Considering Dorsette. He takes stupid penalty in Phoenix - we get scored on. He takes stupid penalty tonight... again. He can't shoot the pack to the net from 10 feet. He can do nothing on offence. Even Brassard had 4 hits tonight, Dorsette just 2. What is he good for I don't know. They were saying he is an "agitator". Who did he agitate last time?

Look at Boll. Makes hit - fights Weber - we score. Makes hit - fights Mayers - kicks his azz and gets PP - we score. And he doesn't pretend to be anybody else, just doing his job good.

Joey, Moore. I was really impressed by Johansen. When he was taking that face-off with a few tens seconds remaining in offensive zone I didn't really care if the Jackets gonna score or not, I just wanted Joey to win THAT draw. And he won it cleanly. This kid is gonna be good.
That's some future right there. And if we only had Cam instead of Dorsette...
Quote:
They are what I expected them to be
Just what I wanted to say as well. And they're fun to watch.

bizzz* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 12:07 AM
Nordique
I ain't even mad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikita Filatov View Post
Bring in Savard, I don't care who sits but if you're not gonna play him let Holden be the 7th or have a rotation of Erixon and Savard coming up and down. Kid needs to play at some point. I also want Draz or JAM up.
sit Aucoin, please for the sake of all that is holy.

Nordique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 12:12 AM
Nordique
I ain't even mad

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizzz View Post
Well, anyway. He's done more good things than bad. You mentioned only the bad one. Brass was 75% in the circle and took THAT shot on goal. He played well tonight.

Considering Dorsette. He takes stupid penalty in Phoenix - we get scored on. He takes stupid penalty tonight... again. He can't shoot the pack to the net from 10 feet. He can do nothing on offence. Even Brassard had 4 hits tonight, Dorsette just 2. What is he good for I don't know. They were saying he is an "agitator". Who did he agitate last time?

Look at Boll. Makes hit - fights Weber - we score. Makes hit - fights Mayers - kicks his azz and gets PP - we score. And he doesn't pretend to be anybody else, just doing his job good.

Joey, Moore. I was really impressed by Johansen. When he was taking that face-off with a few tens seconds remaining in offensive zone I didn't really care if the Jackets gonna score or not, I just wanted Joey to win THAT draw. And he won it cleanly. This kid is gonna be good.
That's some future right there. And if we only had Cam instead of Dorsette...

Just what I wanted to say as well. And they're fun to watch.
Great post.

Took the kids to this one and they were happy, very hard fought game by the boys tonight. Cam is definately missed, and I agree DD needs to play his game and stop trying to agitate because he's in the red on pims given/taken in my mind. Moore and Joey are really impressing me. Brassard is not so much. He's fighting for 60 full minutes, I'll give him that. Rj looked better, and Mason hung in there, not great, but not bad imo.

Old
01-27-2013, 12:13 AM
Nikita Filatov

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordique View Post
sit Aucoin, please for the sake of all that is holy.
Been calling for that since the Nashville game myself sir, but I don't even care if it's Moore I just don't think Savard is going to get any better sitting in the press box for the rest of the season.

Nikita Filatov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 12:21 AM
Nordique
I ain't even mad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikita Filatov View Post
Been calling for that since the Nashville game myself sir, but I don't even care if it's Moore I just don't think Savard is going to get any better sitting in the press box for the rest of the season.
When Aucoin handed Kane that puck, my 10 year old turns to me and with air quotes say, "Veteran Leadership". A 10 year old can see it.

Old
01-27-2013, 12:25 AM
leesmith
"We're NEVER Done!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordique View Post
When Aucoin handed Kane that puck, my 10 year old turns to me and with air quotes say, "Veteran Leadership". A 10 year old can see it.
You're raisin' em right!

leesmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 12:28 AM
whalerjacket
It never happened.

After the goal was waved off, the people sitting next to me were saying that if it was truly goaltender interference, a penalty should have been called. So if the interference did not merit a penalty being called, the goal should have counted. Any truth to that logic?

whalerjacket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 01:12 AM
Socks
SharkCat Knows

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand.... I'm drunk. Thanks refs. And **** you you ****ers.

Socks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 01:18 AM
Bobcat110

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinSock View Post
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand.... I'm drunk. Thanks refs. And **** you you ****ers.
Awesome.

Bobcat110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 01:20 AM
Bobcat110

Quote:
Originally Posted by whalerjacket View Post
After the goal was waved off, the people sitting next to me were saying that if it was truly goaltender interference, a penalty should have been called. So if the interference did not merit a penalty being called, the goal should have counted. Any truth to that logic?
You can have "coincidental" contact that's not a penalty. Neither applied in this case. Just another shaft job from the NHL

Bobcat110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 01:24 AM
RedBaronIndian
Rest in Peace

That was an awful call. Columbus always seems to be at the receiving end of everything bad

RedBaronIndian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 01:27 AM
Matthew
F.A.R.T on Mike Todd

Send a message via AIM to Matthew

1:37 Nick addresses the play.

Matthew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 02:43 AM
Doug19

Johansen was a beast tonight. They couldn't take the puck from him nor win a faceoff from him. I thought he was the best player on the ice tonight for both sides.

Doug19 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 02:56 AM
IBleedUnionBlue

vCash: 1500
That was one of the worst calls I can remember in 40 years of watching this game.

As for the play, my only complaint really was Brassard & Dorsett both taking penalties when the team is on the PP for a double minor.

IBleedUnionBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 07:27 AM
EDM

I hope Davidson is on the phone with Toronto about that ref. Even if the call had been correct and there was minor contact (which there was not), it was a chickens*** call because it clearly did not impact that play. It seemed to be just one of those moves where a ref decided to show how superior his vision was at the expense of the Jackets whom nobody cares about anyway. If the situation had been reversed, that call would have never been made against the Hawks. I know Maclean used to rant and rave to Bettman about this kind of stuff. I hope Davidson, with his higher level or prestige within NHL circles can make a point with Bettman that this kind of stuff against Columbus has to stop.

EDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 08:44 AM
Ron C.
HFBoards Sponsor

That should have been a good goal.

Ron C. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 09:23 AM
jacketsnc33

Would have liked to see more of a protest from the head coach. He just seemed to say 'oh ok then'. Show some emotion for god-sake. Maybe he hadn't seen the overhead replay yet but it happened on his side of the ice..

Can we expect to hear anything more about it from the NHL? Will they just privately have a discussion with the ref who made the call? Any chance they'll publicly say the call was wrong?

And why is that not reviewable?

Beyond frustrating.

jacketsnc33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 09:23 AM
JACKETfan
Real Blue Jacketfan

At least the game was entertaining and good hockey.

JACKETfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 09:30 AM
Derby
Pilsners in Prague

Still hoarse from booing the bad call. My seats are in the shoot twice end, so "live" the goal was at the other end. When it was first waved off, I was confused. Then, the replay was shown in high-def on the GIANT new scoreboard and I thought the place was gonna explode. What BS. Even the Hawks fans near us watched the replay in disbelief. Some folks thre the "free hats" onto the ice, but the rest of the game the refs were strongly booed.

Seriously, that's the worst call I've ever seen.

New scoreboard makes replays crystal clear.

Derby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 09:38 AM
Ludicrous Speed

The biggest positive to me is that Johansen is clearly our best player offensively and has shown great progress developmentally.

Ludicrous Speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 09:43 AM
Derby
Pilsners in Prague

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ludicrous Speed View Post
The biggest positive to me is that Johansen is clearly our best player offensively and has shown great progress developmentally.
That's true as far as last night. Here's hoping he can sustain the play we saw against the Hawks.

Derby is offline   Reply With Quote