HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Leafs lose again. We are Oilers in denial.

Old
01-26-2013, 10:28 PM
4evaBlue

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by lampshade View Post
Colton Orr is doing his job better than anyone else on this team. He is employed to fight and has fought two top 5hw, winning both. Dusted off Rupp today. Love to hear all you Xbox snipers explain how poorly he's doing. A nice tank will see Orr protecting a top 3 pick next season.
Unfortunately, we need forwards who can actually play more than 3 mins a night, too. Orr's "performance" is not affected by anyone else on the team.

4evaBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 10:29 PM
cup67
HAIL TO OUR LEADER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erdinger View Post
Those are the only types of trades I want to see. Just gut the core.
the core of what? a bad apple.

cup67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
bunjay

Quote:
Originally Posted by FerrisRox View Post
I never suggested the "game was on him" nor did I say he played poorly. All I'm saying is it sounds a little idiotic to suggest that he played outstanding and the Leaf defense was solid in a game where they allowed 42 shots and 5 goals.
Reimer was fine, defense was not. Only two players were a plus rating tonight, and they COMBINED for 20 minutes of icetime.

bunjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Jerkini

You know what's frustrating about these losses... they are doing it in embarrassing fashion. I understand that this Leafs team isn't that good. I've accepted it. But to lose like this, letting in FOUR GOALS in a single period.. it's hard to handle. It's the same thing that has plagued us since the last lockout.. we can't keep the puck out of our net.

.900 save percentage isn't going to get anyone anywhere near the playoffs. It's not good enough.

Jerkini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 10:30 PM
Interactif

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunjay View Post
If this is what you read into a comment like that, it says a lot more about the way you think than the way I do.

LOL@people still coveting Luongo. Sure, wouldn't it be great to be losing 3-2 instead of 5-2 for a few years, maybe finishing 10th overall instead of 20th. Only to be stuck with that contract 5 years after Luongo stops being a capable starter.
What's your solution for Kessel with Lupul out? Let's examine the way you think...This should be interesting. Put a small winger with Kess?

Interactif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 10:31 PM
LEAFSIN4

Quote:
Originally Posted by FerrisRox View Post
There's no way the Leafs would be a worse team without Phil Kessel, but I think there's definitely an argument to be made that the Leafs would be a better club without Dion Phaneuf.

Sooner or later the true beleafers are going to realize that the Emperor has no clothes. This guy is a pretty lousy defenseman and there was a reason that the Flames were desperate to dump at ten cents on the dollar.
Man Leaf fans love to scapegoat players. Look, Dion Phaneuf is playing with Mike Fuc*ing Kostka. Put Mike Kostka along side any other top defenceman for 5 games and I guarantee you you'll see similar results.

I agree that Phanuef isn't a top 10 dman but he fills his role. That's all you need players to do. Kostka tries to fill his, but this guy can't go from being a career AHLer to a guy you matchup against the other teams best players. He's a stopgap for this team because he's in good shape. Gardiner can't play his role yet because of injury, but I bet you the second that they're ready to bring him back Kostka will not be logging 25 minutes.

Fans that say we need to blow this team up will be the same ones who will come out and say blow it up again when the new players provide the same results

have some patience, look for growth and let this locker-room grow. I know once these guys get more stability in the line-up we'll see more 60 minute efforts. For now, just enjoy the hockey.

LEAFSIN4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
hockeywiz542

http://twitter.com/MapleLeafs/status/295376737158721536

Quote:
Toronto Maple Leafs

@MapleLeafs

#TMLtalk video: Clarke MacArthur left tonight's game with a lacerated pinky

http://video.mapleleafs.nhl.com/vide...196282&lang=en

26 Jan 13

hockeywiz542 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
achtungbaby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilou View Post
2013 draft gameplan - use all our picks on goaltenders! It can't fail. One of them are bound to be a solid #1.
Let's do it. You have to figure at least one goalie in that draft year would eventually turn out to be a stud. Points for original thinking.

achtungbaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 10:32 PM
cup67
HAIL TO OUR LEADER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerkini View Post
You know what's frustrating about these losses... they are doing it in embarrassing fashion. I understand that this Leafs team isn't that good. I've accepted it. But to lose like this, letting in FOUR GOALS in a single period.. it's hard to handle. It's the same thing that has plagued us since the last lockout.. we can't keep the puck out of our net.

.900 save percentage isn't going to get anyone anywhere near the playoffs. It's not good enough.
its burkes players, that s##k
nonis need a rebuild.

Old
black charger

Quote:
Originally Posted by lampshade View Post
Carlyle is not the problem. I understand what you are implying however a carpenter is only as good as his tools.
So give Orr and Brown a chance to play,they haven't had a negative effect on this team for 1 shift this year.

black charger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
rdawg1234

Wasn't goaltending tonight, although an all-star goalie probably would've saved one of those, but still.

This was purely on the defense and shot blocking tonight. Doesn't mean i'm happy with the tending, but it was pretty soft play tonight.

We got a few days off then it's the sabres, we should take a win there with the extra few days off.

rdawg1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
lampshade*

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4evaBlue View Post
Unfortunately, we need forwards who can actually play more than 3 mins a night, too. Orr's "performance" is not affected by anyone else on the team.
Yea ok, I'm sure if we had a fourth line it would solve our problems. Take a moment, think about it. Who is doing their job, which they are employed for better than Colton Orr? He's brought in to fight and be a presence. He's beaten the biggest he in the leage, avenged two losses and toyed with Rupp. He worked his ass off to get back and it has shown. Yea Kessel has been sick, he's employed to not score goals.

lampshade* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
p.l.f.
mvp

kessel needs a playmaker and a power forward on his line
thats a tall order

plus his linemates must be better than him defensively so he can continue to goal suck.
he doesnt like the corners and prefers to stay away from the net.

p.l.f. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 10:33 PM
Winreims

Quote:
Originally Posted by beauchamp View Post
Al McNeil and Jean Perron also won a Cup.
And they weren't terrible coaches either.

Winreims is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
4evaBlue

Quote:
Originally Posted by charliolemieux View Post
Hal Gill won a stanley cup.

He was the definition of a pilon when he was here.

Just goes to show anyone in hte right situation can win one.
Even this guy.

4evaBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
black charger

Quote:
Originally Posted by interactif View Post
what's your solution for kessel with lupul out? Let's examine the way you think...this should be interesting. Put a small winger with kess?

jvr.

black charger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 10:34 PM
Erdinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by p.l.f. View Post
kessel needs a playmaker and a power forward on his line
thats a tall order

plus his linemates must be better than him defensively so he can continue to goal suck.
he doesnt like the corners and prefers to stay away from the net.
Sad to say it but it might be easier to trade him to a team that has a playmaker and power forward that needs a sniper with his talent and is willing to pay big for it. He's wasted here.

Erdinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 10:35 PM
cup67
HAIL TO OUR LEADER

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdawg1234 View Post
Wasn't goaltending tonight, although an all-star goalie probably would've saved one of those, but still.

This was purely on the defense and shot blocking tonight. Doesn't mean i'm happy with the tending, but it was pretty soft play tonight.

We got a few days off then it's the sabres, we should take a win there with the extra few days off.
we dont play good in buffalo

Old
Winreims

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Del Ziti View Post
Well, he won that cup 6 years ago... With the Ducks
Yes he did. 6 years ago. With the Ducks. Am i saying he'll win one here? No. Am I saying he isn't a terrible coach? Yes.

Old
bunjay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interactif View Post
What's your solution for Kessel with Lupul out? Let's examine the way you think...This should be interesting. Put a small winger with Kess?
You don't get it. There isn't a solution. All these nerds (yourself included) with their never-ending line combinations live in a fantasy world. There isn't a magic combination that turns **** into gold. The phrase "re-arranging the deck chairs on the Titanic" comes to mind here. When Lupul went down, our scoring depth went down with him.

Sure, move JVR up to Kessel's line. Then shuffle the deck a few more times. Surprise! Still the same cards.

bunjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Phion Keneuf
Top Dawg Ent.

JVR has been our best forward along with Grabo and Kule

Phion Keneuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
jimmycarter

oiler have a false sense of future. leafs don't have much in that dept.

should have pre-faced by saying- grabo-kule-JVR are beauty.

jimmycarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 10:36 PM
TheLeastOfTheBunch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interactif View Post
JVR/Kulemin flanking him, or put him alongside Frattin and Kadri and see how that works out. Bozak and Mac so far have been black holes on offence at even strength.

TheLeastOfTheBunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Winreims

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phion Keneuf View Post
JVR has been our best forward along with Grabo and Kule
Kadri too?

Old
cup67
HAIL TO OUR LEADER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erdinger View Post
Sad to say it but it might be easier to trade him to a team that has a playmaker and power forward that needs a sniper with his talent and is willing to pay big for it. He's wasted here.
kessel would be good on a second line ,on a good team. to play like he plays