HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

P.K. Subban Thread IX: 'Try to make this one last longer than a day' Edition

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-26-2013, 10:26 PM
  #51
JustAHabFan
Registered User
 
JustAHabFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 4,541
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyFischer View Post
We've an above .500 team without him and Markov is back.. we can use him to fetch us a solid 2nd or 3rd liner with size.
MB will for sure get us the right 2nd or 3rd liner. His choice of Prust, even though rather pricey, turns out to be a good choice.

JustAHabFan is offline  
Old
01-26-2013, 10:28 PM
  #52
WeThreeKings
Registered User
 
WeThreeKings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 33,289
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post
I can assure you that Gauthier would have signed Subban for $6 million per season by now.

But then again, all one has to do is look at his track record and see why this team finished in last place.
Good. I'd rather have Subban at 6 million per than trade him off to a team for table scraps which is what is going to happen.

WeThreeKings is offline  
Old
01-26-2013, 10:28 PM
  #53
SouthernHab
Registered User
 
SouthernHab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: USA
Country: United States
Posts: 9,888
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfan2k11 View Post
Here's a fact. PK isn't signed. Another fact is the Habs want to give him a bridge contract. I can guarantee you the $$/yr is low. So yes. I have no issue with people blaming Bergevin.
People are calling Bergevin a moron and stupid and idiotic and racist and other names.

And the man has yet to complete a year.

Bergevin has a plan to turn this franchise around. There will be the UFA season coming up. There will be trades to be made.

Every single franchise in every single sport has traded or made moves regarding players on their team who is good at what the do.

You have to move good players to get good players.

Montreal will not win the Cup because of Subban. Nor will Montreal lose the Cup because of Subban. He is but one part in the puzzle that has many movable parts.

If Subban is no longer a Hab one day, the sun will still rise in the East and the Canadiens will still play hockey.

SouthernHab is offline  
Old
01-26-2013, 10:31 PM
  #54
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!
 
ECWHSWI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 15,213
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post
And if I had the energy or the desire, I could pull up multiple posts where Dreger was bashed and vilified by the same people who are quoting that last tweet and calling it Gospel.
I too have a hard time believing this rumor. Might possible that it was the offer that was made at first. But right now ?

like if the first offer is 5 for two years, and the other side is somewhat reasonnable, they wouldnt come to an agreement, sorta meet in between.

The only way that's true is if the other side showed no willingness to compromise, kinda
- MB offered 5 mil for two years at first
- PK asking for something like 6 mil per

they meet again
- "Sorry Marc, I still want 6 per"
- "OK, well, here's our 2.5 Mil offer PK"

like if MB was offering 5 mil for two he wouldnt agree to let's say 5.5 for two years... or if Subban wanted 3 he would comeback with "OK Marc, gimme 2.8 and we call it a day" or something.

ECWHSWI is offline  
Old
01-26-2013, 10:31 PM
  #55
WeThreeKings
Registered User
 
WeThreeKings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 33,289
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post
People are calling Bergevin a moron and stupid and idiotic and racist and other names.

And the man has yet to complete a year.

Bergevin has a plan to turn this franchise around. There will be the UFA season coming up. There will be trades to be made.

Every single franchise in every single sport has traded or made moves regarding players on their team who is good at what the do.

You have to move good players to get good players.

Montreal will not win the Cup because of Subban. Nor will Montreal lose the Cup because of Subban. He is but one part in the puzzle that has many movable parts.

If Subban is no longer a Hab one day, the sun will still rise in the East and the Canadiens will still play hockey.
I have a plan in place that will entail me being a billionaire with a super model wife who lets me have orgies (females only) on a regular basis.

Just because I have a plan doesn't mean it will work.

When you look at what Bergevin is doing, it's rather simple to connect the dots and see that he doesn't appear to be too bright. Any one who goes in with his top defenseman and gives him a contract that is fitting of a 3rd liner then refuses to budge for more than half a calendar year? That guy is a ****ing idiot. Plain and simple.

WeThreeKings is offline  
Old
01-26-2013, 10:32 PM
  #56
JustAHabFan
Registered User
 
JustAHabFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 4,541
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post
People are calling Bergevin a moron and stupid and idiotic and racist and other names.

And the man has yet to complete a year.

Bergevin has a plan to turn this franchise around. There will be the UFA season coming up. There will be trades to be made.

Every single franchise in every single sport has traded or made moves regarding players on their team who is good at what the do.

You have to move good players to get good players.

Montreal will not win the Cup because of Subban. Nor will Montreal lose the Cup because of Subban. He is but one part in the puzzle that has many movable parts.

If Subban is no longer a Hab one day, the sun will still rise in the East and the Canadiens will still play hockey.
Ideal Habs' fan. Just trust the management team and everything will be fine. Everyone should be like this poster. Never question the Habs management team. They are professional and know what they are doing.

JustAHabFan is offline  
Old
01-26-2013, 10:32 PM
  #57
SouthernHab
Registered User
 
SouthernHab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: USA
Country: United States
Posts: 9,888
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
Good. I'd rather have Subban at 6 million per than trade him off to a team for table scraps which is what is going to happen.
I know that you believe that.

Do you remember the $7 million dollar Gomez contract that hamstrung this team by not allowing us to sign quality players to fill the needs of the team.

Remember James Wiesniewski? Great DMan who performed very well for the Habs. But we had to let him go because we could not afford his contract.

And you want to go down that path as soon as we unloaded that huge contract?

SouthernHab is offline  
Old
01-26-2013, 10:34 PM
  #58
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!
 
ECWHSWI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 15,213
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustAHabFan View Post
Ideal Habs' fan. Just trust the management team and everything will be fine. Everyone should be like this poster. Never question the Habs management team. They are professional and know what they are doing.
Guess you've never read the poster you're quoting

ECWHSWI is offline  
Old
01-26-2013, 10:35 PM
  #59
WeThreeKings
Registered User
 
WeThreeKings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 33,289
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post
I know that you believe that.

Do you remember the $7 million dollar Gomez contract that hamstrung this team by not allowing us to sign quality players to fill the needs of the team.

Remember James Wiesniewski? Great DMan who performed very well for the Habs. But we had to let him go because we could not afford his contract.

And you want to go down that path as soon as we unloaded that huge contract?
7 million dollar Gomez cost us Higgins & McDonagh. It wasn't that he under-performed but that he cost us a stud defenseman which is a rare (and hot) commodity in the NHL.

We should have done more to try and keep Wisniewski, actually. He got a rather pricey contract but we should have at least attempted to bring him back him.

We're not going down the same path. Subban has gone on record and said he would take a 2 year deal as long as he is paid what he is worth. That contract is not impossible to off load. His body of work would suggest that even if he performs poorly this season and we don't see him in our future plans that we could then trade him for similar value than if Bergevin's plan reaches its finale.

I don't know how you can defend this contract offer. I don't know how any one can defend this contract offer. We aren't talking about Subban asking for the moon (though he has a right to polarize after Bergevin's peanut offer) we are talking about Bergevin offering 3rd liner money to Subban when he has already shown over two seasons and two play-off runs that he is more than capable of being a top pairing D in this league.

WeThreeKings is offline  
Old
01-26-2013, 10:36 PM
  #60
SouthernHab
Registered User
 
SouthernHab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: USA
Country: United States
Posts: 9,888
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustAHabFan View Post
Ideal Habs' fan. Just trust the management team and everything will be fine. Everyone should be like this poster. Never question the Habs management team. They are professional and know what they are doing.
That made me laugh out loud. Seriously. The wife thinks I am crazy for laughing at my computer screen.

If you posted here last year, you would have noticed that I was (still am) the biggest (and sometimes loudest) critic of Gauthier. I was a critic of Gainey as well.

I still hold a grudge against Pierre Boivin for turning this franchise into a marketing club instead of a hockey club.

I find it very odd that the people who criticized me for bashing Gauthier are now the loudest critics against Bergevin.

Thanks for the laugh though.

SouthernHab is offline  
Old
01-26-2013, 10:36 PM
  #61
WeThreeKings
Registered User
 
WeThreeKings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 33,289
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
And to that point... Why sign any one to any contract at all? Price? Patches? Malkin? Crosby?

They could all turn around and become Gomez. We might as well only play with minimum salary players. God forbid a contract doesn't work out as planned.

WeThreeKings is offline  
Old
01-26-2013, 10:37 PM
  #62
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!
 
ECWHSWI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 15,213
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
7 million dollar Gomez cost us Higgins & McDonagh. It wasn't that he under-performed but that he cost us a stud defenseman which is a rare (and hot) commodity in the NHL.

We should have done more to try and keep Wisniewski, actually. He got a rather pricey contract but we should have at least attempted to bring him back him.

We're not going down the same path. Subban has gone on record and said he would take a 2 year deal as long as he is paid what he is worth. That contract is not impossible to off load. His body of work would suggest that even if he performs poorly this season and we don't see him in our future plans that we could then trade him for similar value than if Bergevin's plan reaches its finale.

I don't know how you can defend this contract offer. I don't know how any one can defend this contract offer. We aren't talking about Subban asking for the moon (though he has a right to polarize after Bergevin's peanut offer) we are talking about Bergevin offering 3rd liner money to Subban when he has already shown over two seasons and two play-off runs that he is more than capable of being a top pairing D in this league.
that's all nice and dandy, but the question remains : how much Subban think Subban is worth ?

ECWHSWI is offline  
Old
01-26-2013, 10:38 PM
  #63
JustAHabFan
Registered User
 
JustAHabFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 4,541
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post
Guess you've never read the poster you're quoting
You are another die hard Habs' fan who believe in the principle: "No one is above the team". And yes, I did not read your post. We have talk back and forth for a while.

JustAHabFan is offline  
Old
01-26-2013, 10:39 PM
  #64
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!
 
ECWHSWI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 15,213
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustAHabFan View Post
You are another die hard Habs' fan who believe in the principle: "No one is above the team". And yes, I did not read your post. We have talk back and forth for a while.
and yet, you couldnt be more wrong.

ECWHSWI is offline  
Old
01-26-2013, 10:39 PM
  #65
SouthernHab
Registered User
 
SouthernHab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: USA
Country: United States
Posts: 9,888
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
I have a plan in place that will entail me being a billionaire with a super model wife who lets me have orgies (females only) on a regular basis.

Just because I have a plan doesn't mean it will work.

When you look at what Bergevin is doing, it's rather simple to connect the dots and see that he doesn't appear to be too bright. Any one who goes in with his top defenseman and gives him a contract that is fitting of a 3rd liner then refuses to budge for more than half a calendar year? That guy is a ****ing idiot. Plain and simple.
One difference. Bergevin will succeed with his plan before you do with yours.

But........if you do marry a supermodel, send me an invite. I will be the first to toast you.

SouthernHab is offline  
Old
01-26-2013, 10:40 PM
  #66
WG
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 422
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post
People are calling Bergevin a moron and stupid and idiotic and racist and other names.

And the man has yet to complete a year.

Bergevin has a plan to turn this franchise around. There will be the UFA season coming up. There will be trades to be made.

Every single franchise in every single sport has traded or made moves regarding players on their team who is good at what the do.

You have to move good players to get good players.

Montreal will not win the Cup because of Subban. Nor will Montreal lose the Cup because of Subban. He is but one part in the puzzle that has many movable parts.

If Subban is no longer a Hab one day, the sun will still rise in the East and the Canadiens will still play hockey.
Fine. I am sick of whatever the hell this is. I'm sure somewhere in the 5000 posts re. PK's contract you have personnally identified what you feel he should get right now. Can you refresh me what you think is a fair deal for PK right now, and does that square with this nonsense about the sun coming up tomorrow and the Habs playing? Just a number, please.

WG is offline  
Old
01-26-2013, 10:40 PM
  #67
BobbyFischer*
 
BobbyFischer*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 2,864
vCash: 500
To Pittsburgh: PK Subban

To Montreal: Pascal Dupuis, Simon Despres

BobbyFischer* is offline  
Old
01-26-2013, 10:41 PM
  #68
hockeyfan2k11
Registered User
 
hockeyfan2k11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 9,128
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post
People are calling Bergevin a moron and stupid and idiotic and racist and other names.

And the man has yet to complete a year.

Bergevin has a plan to turn this franchise around. There will be the UFA season coming up. There will be trades to be made.

Every single franchise in every single sport has traded or made moves regarding players on their team who is good at what the do.

You have to move good players to get good players.

Montreal will not win the Cup because of Subban. Nor will Montreal lose the Cup because of Subban. He is but one part in the puzzle that has many movable parts.

If Subban is no longer a Hab one day, the sun will still rise in the East and the Canadiens will still play hockey.
Gainey had a plan and so did Gauthier. Bergevin's plan might work but this charade with Subban is very silly.

You trade good playes to get good players but you don't trade your core. Do you think Players of Subban's ilk grow on trees? They don't. Yet our GM is lowballing him on a deal.

You don't win the cup because of one player. It takes several players. I don't even understand the logic here. Because he won't win us a cup that means he should be tossed aside like a piece of garbage? He is part of the solution.

All I'll say is if Bergevin screws this Subban deal up...he will have a difficult time recovering from it...and guess who pays? The fans.

hockeyfan2k11 is offline  
Old
01-26-2013, 10:41 PM
  #69
JustAHabFan
Registered User
 
JustAHabFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 4,541
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
And to that point... Why sign any one to any contract at all? Price? Patches? Malkin? Crosby?

They could all turn around and become Gomez. We might as well only play with minimum salary players. God forbid a contract doesn't work out as planned.
We can give contracts to twelve forwards like Prust. No headache, no risk. The team will be a hard working team with a lot of sand paper.

JustAHabFan is offline  
Old
01-26-2013, 10:42 PM
  #70
SouthernHab
Registered User
 
SouthernHab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: USA
Country: United States
Posts: 9,888
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
And to that point... Why sign any one to any contract at all? Price? Patches? Malkin? Crosby?

They could all turn around and become Gomez. We might as well only play with minimum salary players. God forbid a contract doesn't work out as planned.
Bad example.

Price and Patches signed bridge contracts.

SouthernHab is offline  
Old
01-26-2013, 10:43 PM
  #71
SouthernHab
Registered User
 
SouthernHab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: USA
Country: United States
Posts: 9,888
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WG View Post
Fine. I am sick of whatever the hell this is. I'm sure somewhere in the 5000 posts re. PK's contract you have personnally identified what you feel he should get right now. Can you refresh me what you think is a fair deal for PK right now, and does that square with this nonsense about the sun coming up tomorrow and the Habs playing? Just a number, please.
2 years. $3.5 million per year

SouthernHab is offline  
Old
01-26-2013, 10:44 PM
  #72
JustAHabFan
Registered User
 
JustAHabFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 4,541
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post
2 years. $3.5 million per year
At least you will do a better job than MB.

JustAHabFan is offline  
Old
01-26-2013, 10:45 PM
  #73
DAChampion
Registered User
 
DAChampion's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Canberra, Australia
Country: Australia
Posts: 6,463
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post

Bergevin has a plan to turn this franchise around.
Probably a stupid plan.

DAChampion is online now  
Old
01-26-2013, 10:45 PM
  #74
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!
 
ECWHSWI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 15,213
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustAHabFan View Post
At least you will do a better job than MB.
you know all we got so far is rumors right ?

ECWHSWI is offline  
Old
01-26-2013, 10:45 PM
  #75
hockeyfan2k11
Registered User
 
hockeyfan2k11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 9,128
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post
I know that you believe that.

Do you remember the $7 million dollar Gomez contract that hamstrung this team by not allowing us to sign quality players to fill the needs of the team.

Remember James Wiesniewski? Great DMan who performed very well for the Habs. But we had to let him go because we could not afford his contract.

And you want to go down that path as soon as we unloaded that huge contract?
Do you remember the good young players we gave up for Gomez? In today's league you HAVE to develop your players. The contracts the way they are, you're not going to sign impact UFAs and trades are difficult. Max, PK, Carey, Gally, etc are part of your core. How some fans are so ready to trade PK is laughable.

Comparing a Gomez contract to Subban's is so....I don't even know the words. Did you say the same after Max and Carey were signed?

hockeyfan2k11 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:07 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.