HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official Doom & Gloom / Rant Thread

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-26-2013, 06:51 PM
  #26
Gaebriel
Registered User
 
Gaebriel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Alexandria, VA
Posts: 814
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PanthersHockey1 View Post
I think a disaster of a 48 game season-one of which I completely wrote off circa November 2012-could be one the biggest blessings in disguise for this team in the long run.

I think one more top 5 draft pick would put this team over the edge in terms of greatness in the next decade to come.
Yeah, the team sure is garbage now but one more draft pick and it's hello stanley cup.

Gaebriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 07:00 PM
  #27
CatscratchFever
Cup or bust!
 
CatscratchFever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: O-hi-O
Country: United States
Posts: 2,541
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to CatscratchFever
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaebriel View Post
Yeah, the team sure is garbage now but one more draft pick and it's hello stanley cup.
I was about to say the same thing. This team needs more help than I ever thought.

CatscratchFever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 07:23 PM
  #28
Erick
Registered User
 
Erick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Broward, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 11,587
vCash: 500
Trade Kulikov. Get more offense. Score more goals. Goals win games. We never score goals. Even last year's playoff team, mostly healthy, had trouble scoring goals.

Dale wants offense, supposedly. Make a bold move for offense.

Erick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 09:10 PM
  #29
Howboutthempanthers
No Bandwagon Allowed
 
Howboutthempanthers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Brow. County, Fl.
Country: United States
Posts: 3,983
vCash: 500
I don't think you should trade now. If we are way out of it at the trade deadline then I think you should trade Weiss for a 1st +.

Howboutthempanthers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 09:12 PM
  #30
AaronEkbald
Nothing to see here
 
AaronEkbald's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: West Palm Beach, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 3,750
vCash: 500
This a horrible environment for Huberdeau.

We're going to ruin him. Following Bouw, Horton, etc etc

AaronEkbald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 09:28 PM
  #31
angry_treefrog
Moderator
T63813A
 
angry_treefrog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Country: Canary Islands
Posts: 6,471
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordonx11 View Post
You know sometimes you guys are too much, lol. Yes i understand we've been playing some **** hockey as of late, but to talk about getting a top 5 draft pick 4 games into the season lol. We cant expect to much when you have Santorelli on the first line.

Our players are getting healthy Weiss, Versteeg, Goc, and Guds will all be returning in a week at the max. The only one we really dont know what the hell is going on with is Bergie.

We just need to have a little pride and believe in our team.
Do you believe now?

Sure, those guys will be back... but this isn't EA Sports. They will need time to get back into game shape and time to build some chemistry... and in this shortened season there simply is no time.

Sadly, they will probably pull things together in time to screw up their draft position but too late to make the playoffs.

__________________




angry_treefrog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 09:34 PM
  #32
harv3317
Registered User
 
harv3317's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 1,294
vCash: 500
welcome to the old florida panthers, where slumping teams come to turn their games around!!!

harv3317 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 09:53 PM
  #33
Boooooth10
Registered User
 
Boooooth10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 6,258
vCash: 500
GR just posted this on his site

Quote:
"You have to panic right now,'' winger Tomas Fleischmann said quietly. "We have to bring everything we have. It's a short season. We have to panic right now.''

Boooooth10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 10:08 PM
  #34
gizmo12688
Registered User
 
gizmo12688's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 5,375
vCash: 50
A loss in Tampa, and we're talking draft.

gizmo12688 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 10:17 PM
  #35
gizmo12688
Registered User
 
gizmo12688's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 5,375
vCash: 50
Nothing to do with the team, but the in arena experience needs to greatly improve. Our scoreboard is awful, the new lady PA is extremely loud and I don't know if you guys could hear it on TV, but something was screwed up with the speakers as well. At times during rally music, the sound system would screech like a high pitched whistle. Very painful during an already painful game.

gizmo12688 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 10:18 PM
  #36
Markstrom Rules
Sup
 
Markstrom Rules's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Pennsylvania
Country: United States
Posts: 16,053
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaebriel View Post
Yeah, the team sure is garbage now but one more draft pick and it's hello stanley cup.
None of our top prospects are in the NHL right now except for Huby. Shore and Howden need more AHL seasoning so they don't count. Add MacKinnon to the mix? Yeah, we would be looking pretty scary for the future.

If 4 of our top 6 forwards from last season weren't injured, we'd look a lot better right now.

Markstrom Rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 10:34 PM
  #37
Erick
Registered User
 
Erick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Broward, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 11,587
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Rypien Farts View Post
This a horrible environment for Huberdeau.

We're going to ruin him. Following Bouw, Horton, etc etc
Just an excuse for those players.

Erick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 10:35 PM
  #38
Erick
Registered User
 
Erick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Broward, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 11,587
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markstrom Rules View Post
None of our top prospects are in the NHL right now except for Huby. Shore and Howden need more AHL seasoning so they don't count. Add MacKinnon to the mix? Yeah, we would be looking pretty scary for the future.

If 4 of our top 6 forwards from last season weren't injured, we'd look a lot better right now.
I think Shore is NHL-ready already. To be honest, he's not as talented as Huberdeau but he seems more NHL-ready at this point, imo. I actually thought Shore was our best forward tonight. He was playing a lot with Huberdeau and Mueller and looked good.

Erick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 10:39 PM
  #39
Markstrom Rules
Sup
 
Markstrom Rules's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Pennsylvania
Country: United States
Posts: 16,053
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick View Post
Just an excuse for those players.
Were Bouw and Horton really ruined anyway? Bouw is a #1 d-man, and Horton is a premier power forward who won the Cup. Yeah, how they've suffered.

Markstrom Rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 10:42 PM
  #40
Markstrom Rules
Sup
 
Markstrom Rules's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Pennsylvania
Country: United States
Posts: 16,053
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick View Post
I think Shore is NHL-ready already. To be honest, he's not as talented as Huberdeau but he seems more NHL-ready at this point, imo. I actually thought Shore was our best forward tonight. He was playing a lot with Huberdeau and Mueller and looked good.
Shore is more physically ready, but Huby is definitely an NHL player, skillset wise. I think Shore needs more refinement, although I'm very happy with what I've seen.

Shore does more dirty work than Huby, no doubt. He probably was the Panthers' best forward tonight but I doubt that would be the case for the rest of the season.

Markstrom Rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 10:44 PM
  #41
Erick
Registered User
 
Erick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Broward, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 11,587
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markstrom Rules View Post
Were Bouw and Horton really ruined anyway? Bouw is a #1 d-man, and Horton is a premier power forward who won the Cup. Yeah, how they've suffered.
Yeah exactly, I said the same type of thing in the GDT.

Erick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 10:47 PM
  #42
Erick
Registered User
 
Erick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Broward, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 11,587
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markstrom Rules View Post
Shore is more physically ready, but Huby is definitely an NHL player, skillset wise. I think Shore needs more refinement, although I'm very happy with what I've seen.

Shore does more dirty work than Huby, no doubt. He probably was the Panthers' best forward tonight but I doubt that would be the case for the rest of the season.
Shore probably needs to develop more, yeah, but his game seems like it won't hurt the team if he stays all year. He's a smart player who seems to do all the little things so there's always going to be a place for him in the league.

His style of hockey is a breath of fresh air considering how soft and cutesy most of our team plays. I like Shore's north-south style of hockey. We could use some more guys like that and I think he'll put up some more points as he gains confidence.

I hope he stays with Huby and Mueller to see if that line develops into anything. Shore was really good in the faceoff circle tonight too, which allows Mueller to move to the wing.

Erick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 10:48 PM
  #43
gizmo12688
Registered User
 
gizmo12688's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 5,375
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick View Post
Yeah exactly, I said the same type of thing in the GDT.
Jeez guys, just make out already.


gizmo12688 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 10:50 PM
  #44
gizmo12688
Registered User
 
gizmo12688's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 5,375
vCash: 50
New season slogan:

"Not Winnin for MacKinnon"

gizmo12688 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 11:05 PM
  #45
JPG
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Bloomfield Hills, MI
Country: United States
Posts: 374
vCash: 500
Should Huberdeau be sent back given how terrible the team is playing? I'm mixed on this, because I want the team to do well, but I don't want to ruin his psyche if this is going to be a lost season. I'd rather get a high draft pick to play alongside him while he continues to dominate and gain confidence in juniors... just my 0.02

JPG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 11:13 PM
  #46
Markstrom Rules
Sup
 
Markstrom Rules's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Pennsylvania
Country: United States
Posts: 16,053
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick View Post
Shore probably needs to develop more, yeah, but his game seems like it won't hurt the team if he stays all year. He's a smart player who seems to do all the little things so there's always going to be a place for him in the league.

His style of hockey is a breath of fresh air considering how soft and cutesy most of our team plays. I like Shore's north-south style of hockey. We could use some more guys like that and I think he'll put up some more points as he gains confidence.

I hope he stays with Huby and Mueller to see if that line develops into anything. Shore was really good in the faceoff circle tonight too, which allows Mueller to move to the wing.
I don't think Shore will hurt the team, no. If we were a SC contender, I'd say keep Shore up. But we're not going anywhere this season, so I'd like to see him go back down and continue developing. I'm just a stickler for that sort of thing.

Markstrom Rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 12:43 AM
  #47
Ghoste
Vigo the Carpathian
 
Ghoste's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: San Diego, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 3,035
vCash: 835
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPG View Post
Should Huberdeau be sent back given how terrible the team is playing? I'm mixed on this, because I want the team to do well, but I don't want to ruin his psyche if this is going to be a lost season. I'd rather get a high draft pick to play alongside him while he continues to dominate and gain confidence in juniors... just my 0.02
I don't think Huby goes anywhere. He wants to be here. If anything, I think sending him down would hurt his confidence. He has nothing left to prove in juniors.

-ghoste

Ghoste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 02:48 AM
  #48
AaronEkbald
Nothing to see here
 
AaronEkbald's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: West Palm Beach, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 3,750
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markstrom Rules View Post
Were Bouw and Horton really ruined anyway? Bouw is a #1 d-man, and Horton is a premier power forward who won the Cup. Yeah, how they've suffered.
As far as their careers as Panthers; they were ruined. Horton wouldn't have quit here if we were a solid team like Boston. We drafted Horton thinking would step right in and be a P. Kane, Toews, Getzlaf or Perry. In reality, he wasn't one of those. Didn't mean he couldn't turn out to be a solid second-line player. We ran that guy out of town because of the piss-poor product on the ice.

Olesz just flat out sucked and was just another checkmark on a list of horrendous picks made by Florida since our inaugural season.

AaronEkbald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 02:48 AM
  #49
AaronEkbald
Nothing to see here
 
AaronEkbald's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: West Palm Beach, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 3,750
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghoste View Post
I don't think Huby goes anywhere. He wants to be here. If anything, I think sending him down would hurt his confidence. He has nothing left to prove in juniors.

-ghoste
Agree. Unfortunately, he's in a mess now.

AaronEkbald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 04:13 AM
  #50
Mogo
(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻
 
Mogo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Country: Finland
Posts: 9,947
vCash: 813
Barkov sounds really nice.

Dale has to make a trade or two now or were done

Mogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:57 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.