Bob Hartley confirmed

Old
06-07-2012, 01:03 PM
InfinityIggy
Inflammatory Poster

vCash: 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by saillias View Post
The organization mandate is to not reveal its plans. Feaster has stated that GMs he considers mentors don't reveal their plans. For Hartley to come out and say anything else would be a bit bizarre. Do you think it is likely the organization just changed the coach and is going with the same core yet again. I guess if you truly believe the Flames are that insane. I'm not quite that cynical yet.
I am thinking atleast one guy gets moved.

I have this weird inkling that its going to be Giordano in a package with someone..Backlund maybe? I have a feeling we are going to try and bring in a Center..

InfinityIggy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2012, 01:08 PM
Medium Rare*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by InfinityIggy View Post
I am thinking atleast one guy gets moved.

I have this weird inkling that its going to be Giordano in a package with someone..Backlund maybe? I have a feeling we are going to try and bring in a Center..
Honestly this is the only type of move I see as a possibility involving our core guys. Giordano is much easier to replace than Bouwmeester and likely easier to move do to his contract.

Medium Rare* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2012, 01:12 PM
Northern Heat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medium Rare View Post
Honestly this is the only type of move I see as a possibility involving our core guys. Giordano is much easier to replace than Bouwmeester and likely easier to move do to his contract.
Gio will for sure generate interest from a lot of teams. I'm sure his name has come up in GM conversations for awhile.

Northern Heat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2012, 02:04 PM
MarkGio

vCash: 67
I think if core players were going to get shipped out, Sutter would've stayed on/kept his job. I don't think it's any secret as to the differences between this organization and Sutter.

MarkGio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2012, 05:32 PM
tyflames
Baertschi is God

vCash: 335
Hartsburg released from duties as assistant coach.

http://flames.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=634138

“At the conclusion of our season, we said that our new coach would be given the privilege to make decisions on his staff,” said Flames General Manager Jay Feaster. “While it’s always difficult to lose good people, I’m pleased that Bob and Craig have been diligent on reaching their conclusion. Craig’s experience and savvy proved invaluable in this circumstance. I thank Craig for his commitment and hard work this past year and wish him every success in the future.”

Hartley now will search for an assistant coach to round out his staff.

tyflames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2012, 05:39 PM
torero

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoRD View Post

Can anyone translate?
It ain't easy ... coz it is a hot discussion with a relatively non understandable sound ... and in quebecois (which adds to the distorsion ... no harm meant ... i actually like quebecois)

Hartley says something like ... don't provoke the players ... actually i only understand players (joueurs) so the rest is creative thinking (after the players were talked to by brisbois and they reacted like with a provocation ... ) Hartley: your ring from stanely cup ... you are not on that level ... then Hartley shouts "ferme ta gueule" and the other replies "i didn't speak to you" and they exchange some "ferme ta gueule" which means shut up ... but rougher. "geule" means muzzle therefore shut your muzzle ! actually Brisebois says at the end something like : and you?? what did you do in your life (not sure)

Last edited by torero: 06-07-2012 at 05:44 PM.
torero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2012, 05:39 PM
MarkGio

I'm glad we're seeing a whole new culture change. I'm sure new voices and messenges will be good for the club.

Old
06-07-2012, 08:14 PM
Medium Rare*

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkGio View Post
I'm glad we're seeing a whole new culture change. I'm sure new voices and messenges will be good for the club.
I agree new Messenges are always good

Old
06-07-2012, 08:35 PM
Xelstyle

Who knows? This year might be a little different. But we can only wait.

Xelstyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2012, 10:07 PM
MarkGio

Quote:
I agree new Messenges are always good
lol. I've been banging back posts a little too fast lately. That second quick read over prevents those sort of things

Old
06-07-2012, 10:11 PM
Medium Rare*

Quote:
lol. I've been banging back posts a little too fast lately. That second quick read over prevents those sort of things
its all good, I do the same thing

Old
06-07-2012, 10:50 PM
Mike Jones

Quote:
... Cloutier was hired for the exact same role.
This is a first for me - are former goalies normally hired to coach defensemen?

Mike Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2012, 10:52 PM
MVW

vCash: 50
Quote:
So do I, a couple of months ago I called a player 'pretty' because I forgot to type pretty 'sure'.

Ask Gnome about it.

Another OT, Gnome's totally freak the **** out of me. My GF always bugs because I have a weird phobia of those things.

MVW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2012, 11:12 PM
Medium Rare*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Jones View Post
This is a first for me - are former goalies normally hired to coach defensemen?
I think it depends on the era, you have to remember that goaltending coaches are a relatively new position in hockey, so back when Hartley (also a former goaltender, but not a good one ) and Cloutier began coaching it made sense to have a goaltender coaching the defense because a defenseman's #1 job should be making the goaltenders job as easy as possible and who knows how to help a goaltender more than a goaltender.

Old
06-08-2012, 03:16 AM
torero

Quote:
I think it depends on the era, you have to remember that goaltending coaches are a relatively new position in hockey, so back when Hartley (also a former goaltender, but not a good one ) and Cloutier began coaching it made sense to have a goaltender coaching the defense because a defenseman's #1 job should be making the goaltenders job as easy as possible and who knows how to help a goaltender more than a goaltender.
The relationship between what a coach was as player and the style he gives to the team has absolutely nothing to do !! As a spectacular exemple look at Vityaz in KHL and Nazarov (former goon) !

torero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2012, 03:29 AM
Medium Rare*

Quote:
Originally Posted by torero View Post
The relationship between what a coach was as player and the style he gives to the team has absolutely nothing to do !! As a spectacular exemple look at Vityaz in KHL and Nazarov (former goon) !

I assume you are saying that what coach did as a player and what they bring to the team, have absolutely nothing to do with each other?

you have to be kidding me, it very much has to do with things. the perspective the coach had while they were play. it may not be the only thing the coach draws from but that perspective is incredibly important

Old
06-08-2012, 04:19 AM
mattihp

Quote:
I assume you are saying that what coach did as a player and what they bring to the team, have absolutely nothing to do with each other?

you have to be kidding me, it very much has to do with things. the perspective the coach had while they were play. it may not be the only thing the coach draws from but that perspective is incredibly important
Vityaz is the most cheapshotting goon club in the world.

mattihp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2012, 09:37 AM
Medium Rare*

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattihp View Post
Vityaz is the most cheapshotting goon club in the world.
so that team is like their coach? so why was the guy trying to diosagree with me? or was his broken english so bad that I completely misunderstood?

Old
06-08-2012, 12:07 PM
Nordberg

Quote:
so that team is like their coach? so why was the guy trying to diosagree with me? or was his broken english so bad that I completely misunderstood?
He was being ironic, and actually agreed with your point. At least that's what I think.

Nordberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2012, 01:12 PM
superhakan
Gaudreauby Baker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordberg View Post
He was being ironic, and actually agreed with your point. At least that's what I think.
this.

superhakan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2012, 03:30 PM
mattihp

Quote:
Like has been said it was VERY obvious that he was being ironic since he had Vityaz as an example.

mattihp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2012, 08:10 PM
DBU
Bruinwagoner

Quote:
Sportsnet 960 ‏@Sportsnet960
Sportsnet has learned former #Flames forward Martin Gelinas is a candidate for an assistant coaching spot in Calgary.
I almost made a new thread for this.

Thoughts?

DBU is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2012, 08:45 PM
Flames CBA Guy
Y is Colborne in SO?

vCash: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duck Sauce View Post
I almost made a new thread for this.

Thoughts?

But this could be good. Marty has been Nashville's director of player development for a few years now.

Flames CBA Guy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2012, 02:34 AM
Medium Rare*

Love it.

In addition to this it sounds like Malarchuk will be sticking around as the goaltending coach.

It is also interesting to know each member of our coaching staff has has their career intertwined with Jacques Cloutier.
  • The ties between Hartley and Cloutier are well known
  • Gelinas was a teammate of Cloutier in 93-94
  • Coutier was Malarchuk's backup goaltender and the goaltender that took over for Malarchuk after his horrific on ice incident

Old
01-26-2013, 10:42 PM
tfong

So despite not winning yet, I am enjoying watching these Flames vs the past teams. It just feels like we skate and shoot more and even if we don't win, we are at least trying to score.

Much more entertaining sofar than last several years.

tfong is offline   Reply With Quote