HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Our team right now (lineups etc).

Old
01-23-2013, 12:12 AM
Vladdy84
L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sully61 View Post
We need to roll with this Friday

Filppula- Datsyuk- Brunner
Bertuzzi- Zetterberg- Franzen
Cleary- Helm- Samuelsson
Miller- Abdelkader- Tootoo

Kronwall- Lashoff
Smith- Ericsson
Huskins- White

Howard or Gustavsson
Looks good to me. I'd rather see Nyquist or Eaves playing instead of Cleary or Sammy. But we all know that ain't happening.

Vladdy84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 04:49 PM
garry1221

Send a message via AIM to garry1221
Looks like babs is finally shaking things up. Starting with splitting Z and Datsyuk.

Flip - Dats - Bert
Mule - Z - Brunner
Miller - Helm - Cleary
Eaves - Gator - Tootoo

This at least gives the appearance of a deeper team. Splitting D and Z is what should have happened when the injury flood occured.

'Ronner - Lashoff
Quincey - Smith
Huskins - Kindl

That 2nd pair still needs to go. Switch Q and Kindl and I think it's better off while waiting for E to heal. At least Babs is starting to figure things out. Next step, get healthy and/or fix the D.

garry1221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 04:52 PM
Heaton
#disapointment

Send a message via AIM to Heaton
Quote:
Originally Posted by garry1221 View Post
Looks like babs is finally shaking things up. Starting with splitting Z and Datsyuk.

Flip - Dats - Bert
Mule - Z - Brunner
Miller - Helm - Cleary
Eaves - Gator - Tootoo

This at least gives the appearance of a deeper team. Splitting D and Z is what should have happened when the injury flood occured.

'Ronner - Lashoff
Quincey - Smith
Huskins - Kindl

That 2nd pair still needs to go. Switch Q and Kindl and I think it's better off while waiting for E to heal. At least Babs is starting to figure things out. Next step, get healthy and/or fix the D.
There is no 'fixing' the D or the team from a coaching perspective. This team is lacking talent, plain and simple. Babcock can make adjustments, put players in better positions to succeed, but this team still needs way more talent than they're putting out there every night.

I also disagree with people who aren't seeing the chemistry between Brunner and Z. I think Brunner knows where he needs to go and he can skate - that's the best part. He's getting to slot and ready for scoring chances. I'm happy with the new lines especially since Franzen is with Z.

Heaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 05:54 PM
Z40
High Compete Level

For those who haven't heard, White is out 2-3 weeks after having surgery to reattach some muscle to his leg.

Z40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 06:02 PM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z40 View Post
For those who haven't heard, White is out 2-3 weeks after having surgery to reattach some muscle to his leg.
Yup and it has its own thread so I am a little surprised.

On the Subban thing if Montreal is really that dead set against giving him the payday and years why not make the decision for them. We will find out just how entrenched that position truly is. Offer sheet the guy, it will at least get the people running around crazed to be a little quiet if you're Holland.

The Zetterberg Era is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 07:31 PM
mindfly
KEN HOLLAND OUT

Kyle Quincey... Is it just me or does this guy play with no heart? I think a lot of his brutal play is a result of not having his heart in the game...

mindfly is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 08:11 PM
THW

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindfly View Post
Kyle Quincey... Is it just me or does this guy play with no heart? I think a lot of his brutal play is a result of not having his heart in the game...
Every time the camera focuses on him he looks lost or stoned. He really has no idea of true defensive responsibility and defensive positioning. Even with his mis-step the other night(I was more upset that he had no back up) Lashoff is really showing his stuff as far as position and responsibility.

THW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 08:54 PM
ProPAIN
I am the Danger!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindfly View Post
But, but he's from NA!! That should mean he plays with heart right?!?1!!11

ProPAIN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 08:56 PM
Kronwalled55
Eatin' your hats

There's no way they can send Lashoff back to GR right now. He has honestly been our best defenseman by quite a longshot. Small sample size, but the guy just doesn't screw up. Great IQ out there.

Kronwalled55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 09:20 PM
Jurky
Put me on the PP FFS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kronwalled55 View Post
There's no way they can send Lashoff back to GR right now. He has honestly been our best defenseman by quite a longshot. Small sample size, but the guy just doesn't screw up. Great IQ out there.
I wouldn't say he was our best d-man, and yes he has made some mistakes. Most noticeably was a huge gaff that gave Dallas their 2nd goal. That said I'd much rather have him over KFQ

Jurky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 09:21 PM
Frk It
#FireHolland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kronwalled55 View Post
Best defenseman by a long shot? Kronwall is our only defenseman who has a positive plus/minus, has the best plus/minus on the team actually, and is playing 25 minutes a night and has 2 points in 3 games.

Lashoff has played good, but he's not the best defenseman on our team. I'd also love it if he stayed up, because he is one of the few guys who positions himself as a stay at home d which we really need to play with our pretty irresponsible puck-moving D.

Frk It is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 09:26 PM
Frk It
#FireHolland

Sheahan has been tearin it up lately. I'd love to see him get a call-up and play some games in the bottom 6. Emmerton has actually looked decent for the 5 seconds a game I usually see him, but I'd love to see us put another big body down there to play with Abby and Tootoo. Plus Sheahan is built for that role with his defense and faceoffs.

Frk It is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 09:27 PM
Harnessed in Slums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frk It View Post
Best defenseman by a long shot? Kronwall is our only defenseman who has a positive plus/minus, has the best plus/minus on the team actually, and is playing 25 minutes a night and has 2 points in 3 games.

Lashoff has played good, but he's not the best defenseman on our team. I'd also love it if he stayed up, because he is one of the few guys who positions himself as a stay at home d which we really need to play with our pretty irresponsible puck-moving D.
I'm a Lashoff fan but I agree. The only goals scored when Kronwall has been on the ice have been while we are short handed. At even strength Kronner hasn't allowed a goal against yet. I like our top pairing of Kronner and either Ericsson or Lashoff.

Harnessed in Slums is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 09:54 PM
Kronwalled55
Eatin' your hats

I'm as big of a Kronwall fan as anybody, but I think the guy has caught some serious breaks on quite a few of his turnovers. He's also been in the box 3 times already. For being the #1 dman, and Lashoff being the call-up, they're pretty comparable in terms of quality play imo. I hope they're paired together for a while.

Kronwalled55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 09:55 PM
sully61
Unregistered User

If everyone is healthy I think we should role with

Bertuzzi- Datsyuk- Brunner
Franzen- Zetterberg- Filppula
Cleary- Helm- Samuelsson
Eaves- Emmerton- Mursak

Kronwall- Lashoff
Smith- Ericsson
Colaiacovo- White
Huskins- Kindl
Quincey

sully61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 10:11 PM
sarcastro

Quote:
Originally Posted by sully61 View Post
If everyone is healthy I think we should role with

Bertuzzi- Datsyuk- Brunner
Franzen- Zetterberg- Filppula
Cleary- Helm- Samuelsson
Eaves- Emmerton- Mursak

Kronwall- Lashoff
Smith- Ericsson
Colaiacovo- White
Huskins- Kindl
Quincey
If everyone is healthy, you're looking at 26 players for 23 spots. 27 players if you include MacDonald.

Lashoff would go back to GR because he can.
Mac would get waived or traded.
Emmerton and Mursak would probably get waived or traded as well, although it's tough to see them hanging on to 8 D so Kindl or Muskins might be headed to the waiver wire instead.

sarcastro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 10:28 PM
RedMenace
Zero ***** Given

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarcastro View Post
If everyone is healthy, you're looking at 26 players for 23 spots. 27 players if you include MacDonald.

Lashoff would go back to GR because he can.
Mac would get waived or traded.
Emmerton and Mursak would probably get waived or traded as well, although it's tough to see them hanging on to 8 D so Kindl or Muskins might be headed to the waiver wire instead.

Who is Mac?

RedMenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 10:29 PM
Harnessed in Slums

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedMenace View Post

Who is Mac?
Joey MacDonald.

Harnessed in Slums is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 10:30 PM
RedMenace
Zero ***** Given

Quote:
Originally Posted by fabricoh View Post
Joey MacDonald.
Oh, right. I keep forgetting he's on the team.

Is it obvious I skipped right over the part that said "27 players if you include MacDonald?"

I'm also going to blame my new meds. Yeah, that's it.

RedMenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 11:48 AM
hockeyisforeveryone

vCash: 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by joe89 View Post

I think we're looking at:
Filppula-Datsyuk-Bertuzzi
Franzen-Zetterberg-Brunner
Cleary-Helm-Eaves
Miller-Abdelkader-Tootoo

Kronwall-Lashoff
Smith-Quincey
Kindl-Huskins

Howard
Niceness. This is looking more like our "real" team, at least on forward. Helm returning at center is awesome. And as most everybody has posted, Datsyuk and Z split up? I can hear Babcock perfectly..."well we've liked those 3 together but right now we've got to get our big man Franzen scoring goals, we're hoping this line can generate some good opportunities..."

As fans have almost prayed that Gus could have a great game and prove his stuff, I'm doing the same for Bertuzzi. One poster blamed him, Cleary, and Samuelsson for a loss and Bert hasn't even played yet! He looked powerful in practice and in the R&W game. Nyquist got a small shot in the top 6 let us see what Bert can do and hopefully prove some people wrong.

hockeyisforeveryone is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 12:38 PM
JPE123

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyisforeveryone View Post
Niceness. This is looking more like our "real" team, at least on forward. Helm returning at center is awesome. And as most everybody has posted, Datsyuk and Z split up? I can hear Babcock perfectly..."well we've liked those 3 together but right now we've got to get our big man Franzen scoring goals, we're hoping this line can generate some good opportunities..."

As fans have almost prayed that Gus could have a great game and prove his stuff, I'm doing the same for Bertuzzi. One poster blamed him, Cleary, and Samuelsson for a loss and Bert hasn't even played yet! He looked powerful in practice and in the R&W game. Nyquist got a small shot in the top 6 let us see what Bert can do and hopefully prove some people wrong.
That looks like the team we have for now. I just don't like Q and Smith together. But I'm not sure how to change them up. Maybe Lashoff with Q??

JPE123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 11:12 PM
Jurky
Put me on the PP FFS

What happens with our D situation once everyone is healthy? We have 9 D right now, assuming Lashoff gets sent down first that still leaves 8 D. Does somebody hit the waiver wire, do they send Smith down, or is Kenny planning a trade?

Jurky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 11:56 PM
Townsend Beasley
Coop, how's Annie?

Would holland trade quincey after dumping a first for him?

Kindl?

Townsend Beasley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 11:57 PM
sarcastro

Quote:
Originally Posted by optimuspaul View Post
What happens with our D situation once everyone is healthy? We have 9 D right now, assuming Lashoff gets sent down first that still leaves 8 D. Does somebody hit the waiver wire, do they send Smith down, or is Kenny planning a trade?
Lashoff goes down and they either waive a lot of forwards or they waive Kindl or Muskins. They have to waive at least one forward if everyone's healthy anyway.

I don't expect them to have all the D healthy at any point this season. Especially since one of them is Colaiacovo. If they're ever on the verge of getting everyone back, he'll slip on a banana peel or trim his toenails too short or something. Not to worry.

sarcastro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 12:03 AM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

This whole what happens when they get healthy at either forward or defense is something we can worry about when it seems within a week of happening. There is nothing to say they ever will, it hasn't happened for what two + seasons.

The Zetterberg Era is offline   Reply With Quote