HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Minnesota Wild
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Possible Trade Ideas v6

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-25-2013, 02:34 PM
  #601
rynryn
Progress to the Mean
 
rynryn's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Minny
Country: United States
Posts: 21,313
vCash: 50
it's the fact that subban is holding out for "what I'm worth" that would drive the trade price down. makes him less appealing.

rynryn is offline  
Old
01-25-2013, 02:44 PM
  #602
Jbcraig1883
Registered User
 
Jbcraig1883's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Louisville, KY
Country: United States
Posts: 4,132
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rynryn View Post
as for fighting in camp, Clutterbuck came up and ruffled everyone's feathers...it earned him a spot.
If this was in response to my post, Subban's fights were during the season, not during training camp to earn a spot. Big difference imo.

Jbcraig1883 is offline  
Old
01-25-2013, 02:59 PM
  #603
bozak911
Ignoring Idiots
 
bozak911's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 3,911
vCash: 500
Ever notice that the trend in the Trade forums are all dependent on which team's fanbase is in full on panic mode?

bozak911 is offline  
Old
01-25-2013, 03:36 PM
  #604
Jarick
Moderator
Doing Nothing
 
Jarick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: St Paul, MN
Country: United States
Posts: 23,606
vCash: 500
Can I just point out somewhere along the line that Benn would have required a Kessel like deal and needed at least $5M a year, then he signed a deal based of Kessel and got $5.25M?

I'm wrong like 99% of the time so giving myself a high five.

Jarick is offline  
Old
01-25-2013, 05:35 PM
  #605
Victorious Secret
Dr. Chuck Evil
 
Victorious Secret's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Arkansas
Country: Ireland
Posts: 11,006
vCash: 16145
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarick View Post
Can I just point out somewhere along the line that Benn would have required a Kessel like deal and needed at least $5M a year, then he signed a deal based of Kessel and got $5.25M?

I'm wrong like 99% of the time so giving myself a high five.
I'll give you props.

Victorious Secret is offline  
Old
01-25-2013, 06:30 PM
  #606
rynryn
Progress to the Mean
 
rynryn's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Minny
Country: United States
Posts: 21,313
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarick View Post
Can I just point out somewhere along the line that Benn would have required a Kessel like deal and needed at least $5M a year, then he signed a deal based of Kessel and got $5.25M?

I'm wrong like 99% of the time so giving myself a high five.
why not? i've been doing it over Brodin in the NHL and Spurgeon being injured in 3 games. feelsgood.

rynryn is offline  
Old
01-25-2013, 09:29 PM
  #607
boomboom
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 345
vCash: 500
Montreal-Minnesota

to Montreal:
CLAYTON STONER
MATT KASSIAN
1rst round pick

to Minnesota:
YANNICK WEBER
TOMAS KABERLE (plays this year and buyout next summer if Wild does not want him)
LARS ELLER
2nd round pick

boomboom is offline  
Old
01-25-2013, 09:31 PM
  #608
Victorious Secret
Dr. Chuck Evil
 
Victorious Secret's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Arkansas
Country: Ireland
Posts: 11,006
vCash: 16145
We have a trade thread already. Otherwise trade board.

Victorious Secret is offline  
Old
01-25-2013, 09:33 PM
  #609
Puhis
@Puhis46
 
Puhis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Espoo, Finland
Country: Finland
Posts: 8,917
vCash: 50
Send a message via MSN to Puhis Send a message via Skype™ to Puhis
Quote:
Originally Posted by boomboom View Post
to Montreal:
CLAYTON STONER
MATT KASSIAN
1rst round pick

to Minnesota:
YANNICK WEBER
TOMAS KABERLE (plays this year and buyout next summer if Wild does not want him)
LARS ELLER
2nd round pick
No.

Just... no.

__________________
"Flat out until you see God, count to three, then brake!" - Kevin Schwantz
Puhis is online now  
Old
01-25-2013, 09:34 PM
  #610
Fel 96
JFC
 
Fel 96's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Little Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 56,874
vCash: 2037
Send a message via MSN to Fel 96
Sounds like a brutal trade from a MIN POV.

Only Eller has a certain value for the Habs in that proposal.

Fel 96 is offline  
Old
01-25-2013, 09:41 PM
  #611
Jarick
Moderator
Doing Nothing
 
Jarick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: St Paul, MN
Country: United States
Posts: 23,606
vCash: 500
Wild couldn't even do it because we are at 50 contracts.

Jarick is offline  
Old
01-25-2013, 09:52 PM
  #612
MK9
Registered User
 
MK9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Andover, MN
Country: United States
Posts: 1,332
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by boomboom View Post
to Montreal:
CLAYTON STONER
MATT KASSIAN
1rst round pick

to Minnesota:
YANNICK WEBER
TOMAS KABERLE (plays this year and buyout next summer if Wild does not want him)
LARS ELLER
2nd round pick
Gross. No.

MK9 is offline  
Old
01-25-2013, 10:21 PM
  #613
Victorious Secret
Dr. Chuck Evil
 
Victorious Secret's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Arkansas
Country: Ireland
Posts: 11,006
vCash: 16145
I'd say yes if they still had Gomez and offered him, too. But, sadly, that is not the case.

Victorious Secret is offline  
Old
01-25-2013, 10:27 PM
  #614
Billy Mays Here
Optimistic Pessimist
 
Billy Mays Here's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Minnesota
Country: United States
Posts: 13,298
vCash: 50
Would've been hilarious if he accidentally put it in the horrible trade proposals thread instead of this thread. Then it would've fit perfectly.

Billy Mays Here is offline  
Old
01-26-2013, 08:41 AM
  #615
THEALLKNOWING*
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Tripoli, Lebanon
Country: Lebanon
Posts: 403
vCash: 500
Clusterf--- should be sent packing while he has "perceived" value around the league. Can't pass, can't shoot, and his hits are over-rated, though loved by old-schoolers. Package him with !st rounder Phillips, Cullen, and toss-in some prospects, and see if Montreal would bite for Subban.

Seems ridiculous, but this is the NHL. There maybe some GMs who look at Phillips start and think he may do better in another system, because it takes years and years before #1 picks are given up on. Cullen, a seasoned veteran come playoff time. Cluster on a good team is a 4th liner, a 3rd liner on marginal teams. Some old schoolers may actually view him as a second liner based upon his past experience with the Wild, plus they don't see him play night-in, night-out.

THEALLKNOWING* is offline  
Old
01-26-2013, 08:46 AM
  #616
Puhis
@Puhis46
 
Puhis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Espoo, Finland
Country: Finland
Posts: 8,917
vCash: 50
Send a message via MSN to Puhis Send a message via Skype™ to Puhis
Quote:
Originally Posted by THEALLKNOWING View Post
Clusterf--- should be sent packing while he has "perceived" value around the league. Can't pass, can't shoot, and his hits are over-rated, though loved by old-schoolers. Package him with !st rounder Phillips, Cullen, and toss-in some prospects, and see if Montreal would bite for Subban.

Seems ridiculous, but this is the NHL. There maybe some GMs who look at Phillips start and think he may do better in another system, because it takes years and years before #1 picks are given up on. Cullen, a seasoned veteran come playoff time. Cluster on a good team is a 4th liner, a 3rd liner on marginal teams. Some old schoolers may actually view him as a second liner based upon his past experience with the Wild, plus they don't see him play night-in, night-out.
So, now you forgot to explain... Why, exactly, would we give a ******** of valuable assets for P.K. Subban? We have Dumba coming up in 2-3 years. It would be ****ing stupid to trade for PK.

Puhis is online now  
Old
01-26-2013, 09:11 AM
  #617
THEALLKNOWING*
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Tripoli, Lebanon
Country: Lebanon
Posts: 403
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puhis View Post
So, now you forgot to explain... Why, exactly, would we give a ******** of valuable assets for P.K. Subban? We have Dumba coming up in 2-3 years. It would be ****ing stupid to trade for PK.
Subban is a proven NHL player, Dumba hasn't even played one game in the NHL. The window of opportunity is short. in 2-3 years all of the good Wild players will be in their early 30's, on the downhill side of their careers. Parise, Koivu, Gilbert, Suter, others.

Pay attention to what I am giving up for him. CC has no value in this organization long-term, same with Cullen. Coyle and Zucker are ahead of Phillips on the depth chart. Mario Lucia may have more upside than Phillips. You have to give-up a bit to get something. Plus you have to clear out some of the salary.

THEALLKNOWING* is offline  
Old
01-26-2013, 10:15 AM
  #618
Puhis
@Puhis46
 
Puhis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Espoo, Finland
Country: Finland
Posts: 8,917
vCash: 50
Send a message via MSN to Puhis Send a message via Skype™ to Puhis
Quote:
Originally Posted by THEALLKNOWING View Post
Subban is a proven NHL player, Dumba hasn't even played one game in the NHL. The window of opportunity is short. in 2-3 years all of the good Wild players will be in their early 30's, on the downhill side of their careers. Parise, Koivu, Gilbert, Suter, others.

Pay attention to what I am giving up for him. CC has no value in this organization long-term, same with Cullen. Coyle and Zucker are ahead of Phillips on the depth chart. Mario Lucia may have more upside than Phillips. You have to give-up a bit to get something. Plus you have to clear out some of the salary.
And a 2013 1st rounder.

Besides, Cullen won't be traded unless he decides to waive his NTC.

I'm not opposed to trading Phillips, but we would be selling extremely low at this point. Cal Clutterbuck alone can fetch a decent asset so I'd rather package the deal around him, but not for Subban. Nothing against the guy, but I think he's overrated.

Puhis is online now  
Old
01-26-2013, 10:21 AM
  #619
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Somewhere in Quebec.
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,165
vCash: 500
We aren't in win now mode...

We don't have the depth on D...

IHaveNoCreativity is offline  
Old
01-26-2013, 11:10 PM
  #620
TaLoN
All Hail the FBJ!
 
TaLoN's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Farmington, MN
Country: United States
Posts: 13,378
vCash: 50
Russo mentioned in his blog that the Penguins are shopping for a RW, and suggested the Wild as a possible trade partner with Setoguchi going in return for Defenseman Simon Despres, which would create room for the Wild to call up either Zucker or Larsson.

If it can be done... I say do it! This is the type of trade I'd be searching for if I was the Wild!

TaLoN is offline  
Old
01-26-2013, 11:16 PM
  #621
FUBAR McDangles
Registered User
 
FUBAR McDangles's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Grand Forks, ND
Country: United States
Posts: 6,780
vCash: 710
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaLoN View Post
Russo mentioned in his blog that the Penguins are shopping for a RW, and suggested the Wild as a possible trade partner with Setoguchi going in return for Defenseman Simon Despres, which would create room for the Wild to call up either Zucker or Larsson.

If it can be done... I say do it! This is the type of trade I'd be searching for if I was the Wild!
Holy **** I thought this was just hfboards speculation.

I would do this in a heart beat.

Yes. Please.

FUBAR McDangles is offline  
Old
01-26-2013, 11:16 PM
  #622
Fel 96
JFC
 
Fel 96's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Little Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 56,874
vCash: 2037
Send a message via MSN to Fel 96
Despres would actually be a good pickup for the Wild.

Saw him in a couple of Sea Dogs games.

Fel 96 is offline  
Old
01-26-2013, 11:20 PM
  #623
Fel 96
JFC
 
Fel 96's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Little Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 56,874
vCash: 2037
Send a message via MSN to Fel 96
Also, not sure how good his relation with Phillips was but I'd bet Despres playing in HOU might be a good thing for Zack.

That would be a win-win trade seriously IMO.

Fel 96 is offline  
Old
01-26-2013, 11:20 PM
  #624
bozak911
Ignoring Idiots
 
bozak911's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 3,911
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaLoN View Post
Russo mentioned in his blog that the Penguins are shopping for a RW, and suggested the Wild as a possible trade partner with Setoguchi going in return for Defenseman Simon Despres, which would create room for the Wild to call up either Zucker or Larsson.

If it can be done... I say do it! This is the type of trade I'd be searching for if I was the Wild!
Package Seto and Mitchell... For Despres + the 1st.

Those two = package deal.

I'd leave Larsson/Zucker down in Houston.

Parise - Koivu - Granlund
Heatley - Brodziak - Bouchard
Clutterbuck - Cullen - Veilleux
Powe - Konopka - Dowell/Kassian

bozak911 is offline  
Old
01-26-2013, 11:23 PM
  #625
Fel 96
JFC
 
Fel 96's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Little Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 56,874
vCash: 2037
Send a message via MSN to Fel 96
Yes, signing Mitchell would be useless if Seto was traded...

Fel 96 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:29 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.