HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Wild-Pens

Old
01-27-2013, 01:14 AM
TaLoN
All Hail the FBJ!

vCash: 500
Tangradi does not do anything to help the Wild at all... so no.

TaLoN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
SprootsMasterFlex
Snooki for President

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaLoN View Post
Russo had mentioned it as a possibility in his blog today... and I thought it rather interesting. He said the Penguins are shopping for a RW, and suggested the Wild offer up Devin Setoguchi for D Simon Despres.

From the Wild perspective I say YES!

Penguins perspecticve anyone?

If not good as is, what would be needed to complete it?
Sorry TaLon but do you happen to have the link where he mentions this possibility?

SprootsMasterFlex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Fel 96
JFC

Send a message via MSN to Fel 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by SprootsMasterFlex View Post
Given how well Bouchard has been playing, e'll probably take Seto's place I assume.
I think Jason Zucker would.

PMB should steal Cullen's spot soon enough.

Fel 96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 01:17 AM
TaLoN
All Hail the FBJ!

Quote:
Minny has plenty of young forwards who are ready to join the team like Coyle and Zucker so Seto is definitely expendable for a D. Tehy'd become a threat with Granlund. Given how well Bouchard has been playing, e'll probably take Seto's place I assume.
It actually sounds like Bouchard is being bumped up to Cullen's place on the 2nd line already as it is - with Cullen getting bumped down to the 3rd line where he belongs. If Seto were traded for a D-man, then Zucker likely comes in to replace him immediately.

So you are correct, Seto is absolutely expendable for a D-man.

Old
01-27-2013, 01:18 AM
SprootsMasterFlex
Snooki for President

Quote:
Tangradi does not do anything to help the Wild at all... so no.
A good young cheap D would have to be the primary piece but I wouldn't be surprised if its combined with a forward like Tangradi or Jeffrey. Fletcher is the guy who pushed to get angradi from the Ducks in the first place. He was the one that played a big role in drafting him by the Ducks (2nd Round), played a big role in acquiring him in the Whitney/Kunitz trade when he was with the Penguins.... you catch my drift. LOL

Old
01-27-2013, 01:20 AM
domaug*
Flahr Pahr

Quote:
Russo had mentioned it as a possibility in his blog today... and I thought it rather interesting. He said the Penguins are shopping for a RW, and suggested the Wild offer up Devin Setoguchi for D Simon Despres.

From the Wild perspective I say YES!

Penguins perspecticve anyone?

If not good as is, what would be needed to complete it?
i'll put my opinion this way: if doing this trade means they go with Lovejoy as the default starter in Despres' spot in the lineup, i'd have to see what Bortuzzo can do first because that creates a gaping hole in the defense if Lovejoy is a normal starter (which is something even the Pens can't afford since their wealth of defensive prospects isn't exactly ready yet).

if their defense doesn't suffer from it, i'd do it in a heartbeat and wouldn't think twice. i REALLY like what Despres can do, but with Morrow, Harrington, Dumoulin, Pouliot, and Maatta waiting for their shots, Despres is very expendable even if he's the most NHL-ready prospect they have right now.

domaug* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 01:22 AM
SprootsMasterFlex
Snooki for President

Quote:
Originally Posted by psupens View Post
i'll put my opinion this way: if doing this trade means they go with Lovejoy as the default starter in Despres' spot in the lineup, i'd have to see what Bortuzzo can do first because that creates a gaping hole in the defense if Lovejoy is a normal starter (which is something even the Pens can't afford since their wealth of defensive prospects isn't exactly ready yet).

if their defense doesn't suffer from it, i'd do it in a heartbeat and wouldn't think twice. i REALLY like what Despres can do, but with Morrow, Harrington, Dumoulin, Pouliot, and Maatta waiting for their shots, Despres is very expendable even if he's the most NHL-ready prospect they have right now.
Luckily, the Pens have no injuries on the blueline.

Old
01-27-2013, 01:32 AM
domaug*
Flahr Pahr

Quote:
Luckily, the Pens have no injuries on the blueline.
true. however, even with their defensive system having the same flaws for the last 3 seasons, they need to make sure Lovejoy plays like he has an ounce of value on the big club. if not, Bortuzzo would be the regular starter in Despres' place after a Despres trade.

domaug* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 01:33 AM
TaLoN
All Hail the FBJ!

Quote:
Sorry TaLon but do you happen to have the link where he mentions this possibility?
From Russo...

Quote:
With Pittsburgh eager to move Chris Kunitz back to a line with Evgeni Malkin and James Neal, the Penguins could be in the market for a right winger to skate with Sidney Crosby and Pascal Dupuis.

One player who could foot the bill? The Wild's Devin Setoguchi. It's unclear if the Penguins are interested, but trading Setoguchi would create a spot for prospects Jason Zucker, Charlie Coyle or Johan Larsson.

The Wild also could use another defenseman and, according to the Pittsburgh Tribune Review, smooth-skating 6-4 defenseman Simon Despres, a 2009 Penguins first-rounder, could be trade bait.

Old
01-27-2013, 02:01 AM
SprootsMasterFlex
Snooki for President

Quote:
I only issue with his statement is that Kunitz is a left-winger and Dupuis is a right-winger. Therefore, moving Kunitz to the 2nd line to play with Malkin and Neal would create a vacant lw position on Crosby's line.

No matter what though, the Pens desperately need a capable winger (or 2)... preferably a righthanded one like Seto.

Cool.

Old
01-27-2013, 02:03 AM
TaLoN
All Hail the FBJ!

Except Pascal Dupuis started his career in Minnesota if you remember, and played here exclusively on the LW, so it's not like he can't switch back.

Old
01-27-2013, 02:41 AM
fearthetrap

Maata for seto?

fearthetrap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 02:44 AM
SprootsMasterFlex
Snooki for President

Quote:
Originally Posted by fearthetrap View Post
Maata for seto?
I prefer this one (especially since Granlund & Maatta have a history playing together for Finland) but I believe that Minny is in a Win now mode and would prefer to get a D that can strengthen their position ASAP and provide depth.

Old
01-27-2013, 02:44 AM
SprootsMasterFlex
Snooki for President

Quote:
Except Pascal Dupuis started his career in Minnesota if you remember, and played here exclusively on the LW, so it's not like he can't switch back.
You're absolutely right.

Old
01-27-2013, 02:57 AM
Billy Mays Here
Optimistic Pessimist

Quote:
I only issue with his statement is that Kunitz is a left-winger and Dupuis is a right-winger. Therefore, moving Kunitz to the 2nd line to play with Malkin and Neal would create a vacant lw position on Crosby's line.

No matter what though, the Pens desperately need a capable winger (or 2)... preferably a righthanded one like Seto.

Cool.
Setoguchi has played both wings with the Wild so far so moving him to the LW would be no problem.

Billy Mays Here is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 06:49 AM
OCPenguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ugene Malkin View Post
That would be an easy yes.
That would be a NO. Seems like you are all about doing a deal that makes no sense. Have you watched the kid play any in the last three years? He isn't a 30-goal scorer anymore, not close. His numbers are on the decline. Hell, he is basically a 40-point producer now. That is a big drop-off. Not interested in this. Also, that puts Lovejoy in the lineup. That is a major drop-off.

Last edited by OCPenguin: 01-27-2013 at 07:23 AM.
OCPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 11:12 AM
SprootsMasterFlex
Snooki for President

Quote:
Originally Posted by OCPenguin View Post
That would be a NO. Seems like you are all about doing a deal that makes no sense. Have you watched the kid play any in the last three years? He isn't a 30-goal scorer anymore, not close. His numbers are on the decline. Hell, he is basically a 40-point producer now. That is a big drop-off. Not interested in this. Also, that puts Lovejoy in the lineup. That is a major drop-off.
You wouldn't give up Niskanen or Despres for Seto but the Pens have an obvious need and he would be an excellent candidate. Perhaps Bortuzzo or Lovejoy can be part of a package with a draft choice since Minny is at the 50 contract limit?

Old
01-27-2013, 11:13 AM
Steveo98

Russo is suggesting Setoguchi for Despres

With Pittsburgh eager to move Chris Kunitz back to a line with Evgeni Malkin and James Neal, the Penguins could be in the market for a right winger to skate with Sidney Crosby and Pascal Dupuis.

One player who could foot the bill? The Wild's Devin Setoguchi. It's unclear if the Penguins are interested, but trading Setoguchi would create a spot for prospects Jason Zucker, Charlie Coyle or Johan Larsson.

The Wild also could use another defenseman and, according to the Pittsburgh Tribune Review, smooth-skating 6-4 defenseman Simon Despres, a 2009 Penguins first-rounder, could be trade bait.

http://www.startribune.com/sports/wild/188501841.html

Steveo98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 11:19 AM
OCPenguin

Quote:
You wouldn't give up Niskanen or Despres for Seto but the Pens have an obvious need and he would be an excellent candidate. Perhaps Bortuzzo or Lovejoy can be part of a package with a draft choice since Minny is at the 50 contract limit?

No, I wouldn't give up Niskanen, who is one of our best blueliners, nor Despres, a big two-way blueliner with high end potential for a guy who's stock has severely dropped over the years. Seto four years ago, I do it. Seto, now, no way. Bortuzzo or Lovejoy and a third. Seto isn't a difference maker at all now. Worthless acquisition if you give up either guy for him.

Old
01-27-2013, 11:19 AM
Garbage Goal

Not that smart for the Pens. They don't really have the luxury of trading away d-men right now. Especially young first rounders.

Garbage Goal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 11:20 AM
xX Hot Fuss

The Wild do not need more young, relatively unestablished dmen

xX Hot Fuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 11:20 AM
OCPenguin

Shero should be given his walking papers if he makes a Despres deal for Seto.

Old
01-27-2013, 11:21 AM
OCPenguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by xX Hot Fuss View Post
The Wild do not need more young, relatively unestablished dmen
and the Pens don't need former 30-goal scorers on the serious decline at the age of 26. We have enough 40-point producers in the lineup as well.

Old
01-27-2013, 11:22 AM
ranold26
The real Gahden

I think Big Horse would thrive in Minny.

ranold26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 11:45 AM
Saving Greiss
HFBoards Sponsor

Rob Rossi (for what he's worth) said that "Despres is available for the right deal."

As for the proposal, I think it is about as fair as you can get.

Last edited by Saving Greiss: 01-27-2013 at 11:52 AM.
Saving Greiss is online now   Reply With Quote