HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Sabres @ Caps 1.27.2013 3 PM

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-27-2013, 01:07 AM
  #26
ChibiPooky
Moderator
Caps/Avs/Bills fan
 
ChibiPooky's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Fairfax, VA
Country: United States
Posts: 9,328
vCash: 50
There's your rookie in a second-line role

Not doing badly so far. Vanek had at one point been on the ice for every Sabres goal this season... dunno if that's still true.

ChibiPooky is offline  
Old
01-27-2013, 01:40 AM
  #27
dma0034
Registered User
 
dma0034's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 2,851
vCash: 600
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChibiPooky View Post
There's your rookie in a second-line role

Not doing badly so far. Vanek had at one point been on the ice for every Sabres goal this season... dunno if that's still true.
Pominville and Vanek actually. Only Two Goals that have been scored by the Sabres that weren't from the top line were on the Powerplay in the first game ... Vanek assisted on both. However; Needless to say the Sabres have lacked offense from lines 2-4 and thus the lines have been shifted.

dma0034 is offline  
Old
01-27-2013, 02:07 AM
  #28
TheGoldenJet
Registered User
 
TheGoldenJet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Coquitlam, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,678
vCash: 500
Is Oates still keeping Ovechkin on the RW, or has he learned his lesson yet?

TheGoldenJet is offline  
Old
01-27-2013, 02:10 AM
  #29
ChibiPooky
Moderator
Caps/Avs/Bills fan
 
ChibiPooky's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Fairfax, VA
Country: United States
Posts: 9,328
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoldenJet View Post
Is Oates still keeping Ovechkin on the RW, or has he learned his lesson yet?
He was back at LW last game, but I doubt it's the last we've seen of Ovechkin on RW.

ChibiPooky is offline  
Old
01-27-2013, 02:31 AM
  #30
SimplySensational
Heard of Hough
 
SimplySensational's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: VA
Country: United States
Posts: 16,679
vCash: 888
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChibiPooky View Post
There's your rookie in a second-line role

Not doing badly so far. Vanek had at one point been on the ice for every Sabres goal this season... dunno if that's still true.
He's been on for all of them. He has 9 points and the Sabres have 11 goals. The 2 he wasn't involved he was creating havoc in front of the net.

SimplySensational is offline  
Old
01-27-2013, 02:33 AM
  #31
I Am Score*
---BradD---
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Country: United States
Posts: 1,666
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChibiPooky View Post
There's your rookie in a second-line role

Not doing badly so far. Vanek had at one point been on the ice for every Sabres goal this season... dunno if that's still true.
And they're still dominant lol.

By the way why are you guys even up, it's 3pm.

I Am Score* is offline  
Old
01-27-2013, 02:34 AM
  #32
ChibiPooky
Moderator
Caps/Avs/Bills fan
 
ChibiPooky's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Fairfax, VA
Country: United States
Posts: 9,328
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimplySensational View Post
He's been on for all of them. He has 9 points and the Sabres have 11 goals. The 2 he wasn't involved he was creating havoc in front of the net.
He'll never be able to do that against the Caps!

ChibiPooky is offline  
Old
01-27-2013, 02:36 AM
  #33
ChibiPooky
Moderator
Caps/Avs/Bills fan
 
ChibiPooky's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Fairfax, VA
Country: United States
Posts: 9,328
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradD View Post
And they're still dominant lol.

By the way why are you guys even up, it's 3pm.
According to the Sabres fan, it's not his line that was dominant... wouldn't be surprised to see him stick though. Next time I go to check the Bills thread I'll take a peek (unless a kindly Sabres fan would like to enlighten us).

3AM? and yeah, bed.

ChibiPooky is offline  
Old
01-27-2013, 02:38 AM
  #34
I Am Score*
---BradD---
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Country: United States
Posts: 1,666
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChibiPooky View Post
According to the Sabres fan, it's not his line that was dominant... wouldn't be surprised to see him stick though. Next time I go to check the Bills thread I'll take a peek (unless a kindly Sabres fan would like to enlighten us).

3AM? and yeah, bed.
Haha same thing. I'm headed off was just checking in. And that 2nd line isn't too bad, I think he's just dissatisifed as in all fans are sometimes.

Peace guys.

I Am Score* is offline  
Old
01-27-2013, 03:06 AM
  #35
NobodyBeatsTheWiz
Happy now?
 
NobodyBeatsTheWiz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Old Town
Posts: 18,799
vCash: 500
Well, let's see how my (triumphant?) return to VC for hockey turns out.

I take full credit if the Caps pull out their first win tonight.

NobodyBeatsTheWiz is offline  
Old
01-27-2013, 05:59 AM
  #36
RandyHolt
Capitals Station
 
RandyHolt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Country: Poland
Posts: 24,420
vCash: 50
MW6 nailed it. Ovi may benefit from a right hand center.

No, its not a demotion for Ovi

Nick, yep. MJ, yep.

It's a big promotion for Beagle, who has earned one. Crabb was competing against MJ. Nuff said.

I think Oates or George wants to see LW Ovi with a RH center. I do too of course. Enter the only RH center we have, and one playing very well to boot. Oates the laughing stock with his random line generator, maybe its not so random after all.

Oates saw Ovi at LW did not need Nick.You have too, for years before Nick came here. Nick and RW nor LW Ovi have not shown the chemistry nor coordinated attack one could reasonably expect, to warrant keeping them together during a winless streak.

It's Oates trying to find a line for Ovi. While that line looked lost it did about as good as Ovi / Nick / X had done, whose only goal was potted by our goon futbol style.

Dashtary!

RandyHolt is offline  
Old
01-27-2013, 07:22 AM
  #37
I Am Score*
---BradD---
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Country: United States
Posts: 1,666
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyHolt View Post
MW6 nailed it. Ovi may benefit from a right hand center.

No, its not a demotion for Ovi

Nick, yep. MJ, yep.

It's a big promotion for Beagle, who has earned one. Crabb was competing against MJ. Nuff said.

I think Oates or George wants to see LW Ovi with a RH center. I do too of course. Enter the only RH center we have, and one playing very well to boot. Oates the laughing stock with his random line generator, maybe its not so random after all.

Oates saw Ovi at LW did not need Nick.You have too, for years before Nick came here. Nick and RW nor LW Ovi have not shown the chemistry nor coordinated attack one could reasonably expect, to warrant keeping them together during a winless streak.

It's Oates trying to find a line for Ovi. While that line looked lost it did about as good as Ovi / Nick / X had done, whose only goal was potted by our goon futbol style.

Dashtary!
That's a pretty dangerous experiment though.

What if he turns out to be amazing with a RH Center? Do you move Nick to the 2nd line permanently? Where is Ribeiro, a third line center at his price point?

Who do you fill the top spot with?

I Am Score* is offline  
Old
01-27-2013, 07:27 AM
  #38
Chimaera
same ol' Caps
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: La Plata, Maryland
Country: United States
Posts: 21,842
vCash: 600
Hey we are bad

Chimaera is offline  
Old
01-27-2013, 07:30 AM
  #39
bonzaibondra12
Registered User
 
bonzaibondra12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Rockville, MD
Posts: 1,874
vCash: 500
When is Laich back. We need him. It'll be funny for his detractors if he returns and the team starts playing inspired.

OV-Beagle-Chimera would be the line I'd try. Crabb shouldn't be there. I can live with Beagle because he is the best guy we have in the dot. More faceoff wins=more chances

bonzaibondra12 is offline  
Old
01-27-2013, 07:31 AM
  #40
I Am Score*
---BradD---
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Country: United States
Posts: 1,666
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bonzaibondra12 View Post
When is Laich back. We need him. It'll be funny for his detractors if he returns and the team starts playing inspired.

OV-Beagle-Chimera would be the line I'd try. Crabb shouldn't be there. I can live with Beagle because he is the best guy we have in the dot. More faceoff wins=more chances
Maybe Chimera can use his speed and actually do something.

I Am Score* is offline  
Old
01-27-2013, 07:37 AM
  #41
bonzaibondra12
Registered User
 
bonzaibondra12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Rockville, MD
Posts: 1,874
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradD View Post
Maybe Chimera can use his speed and actually do something.
My thought is, Beagle can win the o-zone faceoffs and be the dump guy. Chimera can chase. OV does no work but shoot.

MoJo could have filled the Chimera spot but he seems to have lost his speed. I don't notice him flying on the ice any more, which was really his bright spot.

bonzaibondra12 is offline  
Old
01-27-2013, 09:02 AM
  #42
txpd
Registered User
 
txpd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 40,422
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoldenJet View Post
Is Oates still keeping Ovechkin on the RW, or has he learned his lesson yet?
oates has moved ovechkin from the hated rw on backstrom's line to the preferred lw on a line with beagle and joey crabb. which do you think he likes better?

txpd is online now  
Old
01-27-2013, 09:05 AM
  #43
Millhaus
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 5,709
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradD View Post
What if he turns out to be amazing with a RH Center?
Are you kidding me? Do you really think that is what has been holding him back, that his centerman is a left shot? Yeah he would have been putting up Gretzky and Lemieux numbers if his center had been a right shot during his glory days. Who knew...?

Millhaus is online now  
Old
01-27-2013, 09:05 AM
  #44
txpd
Registered User
 
txpd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 40,422
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyBeatsTheWiz View Post
Well, let's see how my (triumphant?) return to VC for hockey turns out.

I take full credit if the Caps pull out their first win tonight.
on an aside, i saw the scenes to next week's epi of "Suits" and saw yer boy looking up from a desk looking just like your avitar. i had an instant nbtw flashback

txpd is online now  
Old
01-27-2013, 09:09 AM
  #45
I Am Score*
---BradD---
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Country: United States
Posts: 1,666
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Millhaus View Post
Are you kidding me? Do you really think that is what has been holding him back, that his centerman is a left shot? Yeah he would have been putting up Gretzky and Lemieux numbers if his center had been a right shot during his glory days. Who knew...?
I hope you realize how rude you're coming off as.

If Ovechkin breaks his slump with a RH and proves that he is better that way, who are you to say otherwise???

A simple change of direction can completely help a player rebound. Some centers like guys with right handed or left handed sticks as well. If you listened to Ribeiro he said it was nice that both wings played according to their position.

It's not going to "drastically" help but it could get him out of his slump.

I Am Score* is offline  
Old
01-27-2013, 09:22 AM
  #46
Vladiator16
R.I.P - Loko.
 
Vladiator16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Maryland
Posts: 6,470
vCash: 500
I wonder how many times Hendricks will have to sacrifice his noggin this afternoon...

Vladiator16 is online now  
Old
01-27-2013, 09:31 AM
  #47
MrMariusz
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Belgium
Country: Belgium
Posts: 1,447
vCash: 500
Sabres have nothing much to offer other than that first line, which wont keep them in the game every game (even great lines have offdays). Good opportunity for the Caps to get their first W at home.

MrMariusz is offline  
Old
01-27-2013, 09:31 AM
  #48
Millhaus
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 5,709
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradD View Post
I hope you realize how rude you're coming off as.

If Ovechkin breaks his slump with a RH and proves that he is better that way, who are you to say otherwise???

A simple change of direction can completely help a player rebound. Some centers like guys with right handed or left handed sticks as well. If you listened to Ribeiro he said it was nice that both wings played according to their position.

It's not going to "drastically" help but it could get him out of his slump.
Realize? It is completely intentional because the premise is freaking ridiculous.

Sure right or left can make a difference for a scoring winger if the prerequisites are met first, vision, playmaking and passing abilities, of which Beagle has none.

Hey maybe Green could do it? Sure he isn't even a forward but he's a right shot and has some of the other skills required to get the best out of a scoring winger at least...

Millhaus is online now  
Old
01-27-2013, 09:36 AM
  #49
Ridley Simon
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 5,187
vCash: 500
I think the Caps get their first win of the season, to quell the skeptics (me).

4-2 Caps. Ovechkin w a PP goal, and an EN goal (remember them???).

Backstrom with 3 assists, and Ribeiro with 1G and 1A as well.

Fun times back at VC.

Ridley Simon is online now  
Old
01-27-2013, 09:37 AM
  #50
Langway
Moderator
Intangibles
 
Langway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 20,718
vCash: 500


Tied for third to last in goals, last in goals against and somehow amazingly only third to last in PK%.

As much as Buffalo has only had one line going, the Caps haven't really had any. Only Columbus seems like a more poorly constructed group at the moment and even they play harder.

Langway is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:48 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.