HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

*ALL* Luongo Talk (News/Speculation/Rumors/Proposals)

Closed Thread

Old
01-26-2013, 11:16 PM
Wizeman*

vCash: 500
You know, if I had to put money on it when this whole thing started, I would have bet Luongo landed in Tampa.

And I would have been wrong.

But it makes perfect sense. The Lightning have 2 aging guys with Vinny and Marty. They also have vets such as Ryan Malone and now Sammi Salo . They have Hedman and Stamkos but both are ready to contend now.

Does Yzerman have some kind of GRUDGE against Luongo or something? He goes for Lindback instead? I think Luongo is a perfect fit in Tampa. Its where he wants to go and they need him now.

Last edited by Jonesey: 01-26-2013 at 11:19 PM. Reason: (MOD: Edited out deleted quote)
Old
01-26-2013, 11:17 PM
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score

vCash: 5555
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizeman View Post
Any team that needs luongo ALSO needs all its roster players to push towards the playoffs and beyond.

Its not like a team is going to go get a 34 year old Luongo..........and then give up roster players which basically defeats the purpose. The whole point is Luongo gives them a chance to win now.

So the only thing a team can give back is prospects and picks. AKA futures.

Nobody has a crystal ball, but it makes common sense.
NYR gave up to top-6 forwards to land Nash...

Common sense is that if you can deal from a position of strength to deal with an area of weakness, you'd do it. According to you every hockey trade would always be roster player for futures, as a team is either contending or rebuilding.

Old
01-26-2013, 11:21 PM
I in the Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhlfan9191 View Post
The unknown's name is Jacob Markstrom. Currently regarded as the best goalie prospect in the entire league. And honestly, Theodore has given us Luongo type goaltending at a salary of $1.5 million.
I can't comment on how well Theodore has done on the ice (I haven't been watching, or been following)... I can't comment on how great Markstrom is going to be (I haven't been watching, or been following)... But, even if assuming on ice play is completely equal (which is top 5 goaltending results... some will say top 7 or 8, whatever) there is no way, IMHO, either Theodore or Markstrom could make such an impact on the team... The Canucks turned it around, once Luongo got here... He instilled a high level and expectation on the entire team... If what Florida is lacking is someone to wear a cape and grab the team by the balls, it's Luongo...

With this said, however, my opinion is that Florida ride it out this year... Grab a real high pick, if necessary... Send a high 2nd along with one or two nice prospects for Luongo at the draft... With Luongo in hand, sell a nice free agent or two to join the team (universe willing), and go forward from there... If it's leadership (or the "IT") Florida (or any team) is lacking, there are few better options than Luongo - in terms of making significant impact roster-wide... and that completely ignores on-ice play - which is top 5 (or around)...

Last edited by I in the Eye: 01-26-2013 at 11:31 PM.
Old
01-26-2013, 11:24 PM
Wizeman*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
NYR gave up to top-6 forwards to land Nash...

Common sense is that if you can deal from a position of strength to deal with an area of weakness, you'd do it. According to you every hockey trade would always be roster player for futures, as a team is either contending or rebuilding.
According to you, a 28 year old Nash as a forward is the same thing as a 33 year old Luongo wiht a 10 year contract.

Rangers didnt NEED to get Nash. They added to their already contending lineup that almost won the presidents trophy.

A team would NEED Luongo in order to go trade for him. Goaltending is a different situation.

Your comparison of the two trades is not comparable.

Old
01-26-2013, 11:26 PM
Linters*

Quote:
Originally Posted by racerjoe View Post
But he is a... Superstar I don't know what for but he is.

I say this as someone who thinks we could keep him until he retires, but, he will be gone before the next season starts. For many reasons.

I think... well maybe wonder is the better word, could FLA pick up more interest in the offseason? I still don't think they would offer the best package, but I can see them being more interested when Jose is gone. Until then he is a good stopgap, stopgap to what is the unknown.

Seriously, its people like you that give leaf fans a bad name, the thread is just starting to get back on track and you have to come in here and try to be whatever it is you are trying to do? You are just a goof.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IvVr2uks0C8

Always found it entertaining how the only black character in that movie was Judas, subtle racism is always good for laughs looking back at how blatant it was.

Okay back on topic, the TML and Canucks will not make a deal stop beating it to death. In either scenario which plays out the TML do not have the type of assets that the Canucks want or are not willing to move said assets. Scenario one Kassian and Schroeder are as good as they appear to be and Raymond and Ballard continue to have bounce back seasons. In that scenario Luongo gets dealt for futures as there are no glaring holes in the line up. Scenario two Kassian, Schroeder, Raymond, or Ballard falters at which point we'd need if Kassian falters a top six winger, if Schroeder falters a third line centre, if Raymond falters a top six winger, if Ballard falters a cheap but good bottom pairing defencemen. The TML will not separate with any of their futures in the first scenario as they are a team in perpetual rebuild. In the second scenario the only top six winger on their team that would be of any use to the Canucks is Kessel and even that is iffy as he doesn't play the trade mark two way game the Canucks play so he isn't the type of player I'd see us target or the TML give up as he is too important to their franchise plus he carries the baggage of the Seguin trade. The TML are also weak at centre ice and I don't see any of their centres as the type of player you'd want centreing a third line and since they are weak in that position they'd have no desire to make a deal. For the depth dman thing I think Toronto will agree with me when I say most of their dmen are atrocious (don't deny it I've been watching the games on HNIC) or overpaid, leaving the only desirable one to be Gardiner and he is a big part of their rebuild so they won't deal him.

In short Toronto and Vancouver no trade because they are bad trade partners. Where I think Luongo eventually goes is Washington if they continue to struggle Mcphee has to be on his last legs there so he'll be willing to shake things up to try and save his job. As a Canucks fan ideally the trade would happen at the deadline since by then we know which scenario is the true scenario but I don't see Washington waiting that long if their horrible play continues so I think the trade will happen at about the quarter season mark if Washington is still struggling and Mcphee still has a job at which point Gillis will have to make his best guess on the scenario that is playing out and ask for the return that addresses said scenario. If Luongo is not dealt then then he'll be dealt at the deadline, most likely, to a team that feels they are a goaltender away from contending for the cup and the deal will be all futures since if the Canucks haven't made a trade before then then there is probably still no glaring hole meaning scenario one has played out and the team that would want to acquire Luongo would view themselves as contenders and thus would only want to part with futures and maybe a cap dump to stay under the cap.

Now stop behaving like children and insulting each other over everything please.

Old
01-26-2013, 11:26 PM
Nash

Quote:
The unknown's name is Jacob Markstrom. Currently regarded as the best goalie prospect in the entire league. And honestly, Theodore has given us Luongo type goaltending at a salary of $1.5 million.
Markstrom is the highest ranked goalie prospect on this site, a few spots ahead of Holtby, but both those guys and Vasilevski and Subban are all ranked 8.0C prospects. The C is what is important because the probability for achieving potential for a goalie is tougher than any position. Markstrom has some question marks with his durability. He rarely plays 40 games in a season. his first two AHL seasons, he split the starter's role. This is his first year in the AHL that he has played the majority of starts. He only has 8 games of NHL experience. He has much left to prove to be a starter in the NHL.

Old
01-26-2013, 11:29 PM
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score

vCash: 5555
Quote:
According to you, a 28 year old Nash as a forward is the same thing as a 33 year old Luongo wiht a 10 year contract.

Rangers didnt NEED to get Nash. They added to their already contending lineup that almost won the presidents trophy.

A team would NEED Luongo in order to go trade for him. Goaltending is a different situation.

Your comparison of the two trades is not comparable.
Any team could decide "Hey, our goaltending with Holtby/Lindback/Crawford/Dubnyk/etc has been terrible. If we gave up Johansson/Malone/Hemsky/etc + throw in for a huge upgrade in goal, we would be a much better team."

And that's all it boils down to. A trade that makes both teams better. I don't expect Luongo to garner as much as Nash did. But the premise of making a deal to benefit both teams remains.

Old
01-27-2013, 12:29 AM
racerjoe

Quote:
I know of him, haven't seen him this season, as the games I saw he wasn't playing. However even this season, he has been very streaky, I think he had a horrid start.

Now I am not saying you guys are going to offer us some huge deal, I do think in the summer you guys will kick the tires and see what makes sense. Maybe it means offering us very little, but there will be a renewed interest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linters View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IvVr2uks0C8

Always found it entertaining how the only black character in that movie was Judas, subtle racism is always good for laughs looking back at how blatant it was.

Okay back on topic, the TML and Canucks will not make a deal stop beating it to death. In either scenario which plays out the TML do not have the type of assets that the Canucks want or are not willing to move said assets. Scenario one Kassian and Schroeder are as good as they appear to be and Raymond and Ballard continue to have bounce back seasons. In that scenario Luongo gets dealt for futures as there are no glaring holes in the line up. Scenario two Kassian, Schroeder, Raymond, or Ballard falters at which point we'd need if Kassian falters a top six winger, if Schroeder falters a third line centre, if Raymond falters a top six winger, if Ballard falters a cheap but good bottom pairing defencemen. The TML will not separate with any of their futures in the first scenario as they are a team in perpetual rebuild. In the second scenario the only top six winger on their team that would be of any use to the Canucks is Kessel and even that is iffy as he doesn't play the trade mark two way game the Canucks play so he isn't the type of player I'd see us target or the TML give up as he is too important to their franchise plus he carries the baggage of the Seguin trade. The TML are also weak at centre ice and I don't see any of their centres as the type of player you'd want centreing a third line and since they are weak in that position they'd have no desire to make a deal. For the depth dman thing I think Toronto will agree with me when I say most of their dmen are atrocious (don't deny it I've been watching the games on HNIC) or overpaid, leaving the only desirable one to be Gardiner and he is a big part of their rebuild so they won't deal him.

In short Toronto and Vancouver no trade because they are bad trade partners. Where I think Luongo eventually goes is Washington if they continue to struggle Mcphee has to be on his last legs there so he'll be willing to shake things up to try and save his job. As a Canucks fan ideally the trade would happen at the deadline since by then we know which scenario is the true scenario but I don't see Washington waiting that long if their horrible play continues so I think the trade will happen at about the quarter season mark if Washington is still struggling and Mcphee still has a job at which point Gillis will have to make his best guess on the scenario that is playing out and ask for the return that addresses said scenario. If Luongo is not dealt then then he'll be dealt at the deadline, most likely, to a team that feels they are a goaltender away from contending for the cup and the deal will be all futures since if the Canucks haven't made a trade before then then there is probably still no glaring hole meaning scenario one has played out and the team that would want to acquire Luongo would view themselves as contenders and thus would only want to part with futures and maybe a cap dump to stay under the cap.

Now stop behaving like children and insulting each other over everything please.
At this time I don't think there is a deal to be made with our two teams. We just aren't compatible enough. Anything we value you guys can't give up, anything you would give up, we don't value. You have assets, just none that fit us. Maybe another trade opens more doors for us to revisit.

On a last note, Vis is returning to NYI by feb 11. Maybe something happens then.

Old
01-27-2013, 12:45 AM
Horvat2Virtanen
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
Why are Leafs fans even posting in here? They keep saying they don't want Luongo, yet 8 months later there still here posting in the Luongo threads.

Old
01-27-2013, 01:06 AM
Bleach Clean

Quote:
Originally Posted by I in the Eye View Post
I can't comment on how well Theodore has done on the ice (I haven't been watching, or been following)... I can't comment on how great Markstrom is going to be (I haven't been watching, or been following)... But, even if assuming on ice play is completely equal (which is top 5 goaltending results... some will say top 7 or 8, whatever) there is no way, IMHO, either Theodore or Markstrom could make such an impact on the team... The Canucks turned it around, once Luongo got here... He instilled a high level and expectation on the entire team... If what Florida is lacking is someone to wear a cape and grab the team by the balls, it's Luongo...

With this said, however, my opinion is that Florida ride it out this year... Grab a real high pick, if necessary... Send a high 2nd along with one or two nice prospects for Luongo at the draft... With Luongo in hand, sell a nice free agent or two to join the team (universe willing), and go forward from there... If it's leadership (or the "IT") Florida (or any team) is lacking, there are few better options than Luongo - in terms of making significant impact roster-wide... and that completely ignores on-ice play - which is top 5 (or around)...

Too true. He's a leader. I also agree that people should strap themselves in for the long haul. If FLA is struggling by the deadline and Weiss remains unsigned, then I could definitely see something go down at that point. Otherwise, the draft looks like the best time for these teams to swing a deal. At that point, perhaps Theodore is known to be walking into FA also...

As for TOR, since I think their chances or CHI getting Lu are remote at best, I don't really see why they are still being talked about here. The pull to potentially get something for nothing is great indeed, but in this case it's completely unwarranted. It will keep people coming back, but to no avail.

On that point, I found two bits of "information" interesting regarding these teams. Ben Bishop looks like the odd man out, but it was leaked that the Luongo deal was muddying the market for all goalies, which got me thinking about CHI. Bishop seems a natural fit in CHI, now more than ever given their hot start, but waiting on Luongo would definitely halt talks with OTT, so I remain interested to see what happens with Bishop...

The other bit of info comes by way of Botchford (yes, I know), he said that talks broke down between Burke and Gillis to the point that the lieutenants (Gilman and Nonis) were the only ones carrying on the process. Now with the firing of Burke, and the supposed power shift in negotations (Kypreos and Maclean alluded to as Nonis being put into a very difficult spot), Gillis goes on the offensive by calling out the TOR media and re-iterating a hard line stance for value, even leaking the "deal done" talk, why? The default answer is altering negotiating position... but if his negotiating position is seemingly stronger by the ousting of Burke, why does he have to go on the offensive at all? My theory: he knows that TOR is no longer an option and is using them as a stepping stone to reaffirm his position to all _OTHER_ teams. Just as he is using their interest at all as a means to better negotiate with FLA. If TOR is still an option, why would he delve into the media game at all as an antagonist? TOR is not going to take to kindly to that as a potential trading partner. On the other hand, the biggest reason he goes off on them and the suspect TOR media is that he can use them (and the TOR media that will eventually pick up the story) as a springboard to do so BECAUSE they are no longer relevant to the process. Just a thought. More and more, TOR just seems like a team that is being used as a means to get the word out, without actually factoring into anything Luongo related on a reality based level.

Old
01-27-2013, 01:09 AM
Bleach Clean

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Canuck View Post
Why are Leafs fans even posting in here? They keep saying they don't want Luongo, yet 8 months later there still here posting in the Luongo threads.

It is the greatest contradiction in this thread. Don't want Lu, stop posting, or one would think. But really, it comes down to now wanting to _pay_ for Lu. They are still interested. It's clear to see. It's the hope that one could get something for nothing that keeps the hope alive here for TOR fans.

On the other side, I probably would be as interested if someone like Luongo could potentially be had. But reality hasn't hit yet, so you still get the traffic. As soon as Gillis carries Luongo past the deadline, you should see interest dwindle from that side,.. hopefully.

Old
01-27-2013, 01:25 AM
nhlfan9191

Quote:

We aren't going to be building a team around Luongo which your suggesting. He's simply to old to be doing that. I doubt Tallon will ever change the offer he's apparently already made to Gillis. If teams like Toronto continue to lowball, Gillis will likely turn to us if we still have interest because he respects Luongo a lot.

Old
01-27-2013, 01:29 AM
pahlsson

vCash: 50
Quote:

if you haven't been watching....... or following....... the panthers, why are you giving....... out suggestions on what they...... should do

Old
01-27-2013, 01:37 AM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

vCash: 515
Quote:
You know, if I had to put money on it when this whole thing started, I would have bet Luongo landed in Tampa.

And I would have been wrong.

But it makes perfect sense. The Lightning have 2 aging guys with Vinny and Marty. They also have vets such as Ryan Malone and now Sammi Salo . They have Hedman and Stamkos but both are ready to contend now.

Does Yzerman have some kind of GRUDGE against Luongo or something? He goes for Lindback instead? I think Luongo is a perfect fit in Tampa. Its where he wants to go and they need him now.
If Yzerman had a grudge against Luongo he would have passed him over for Team Canada and certainly wouldn't have got together with Babcock and inserted him.

The lack of a Luongo move is starting to make sense. It is clear Gillis is asking for close to what fans are, just no way that gets pushed through. Maybe Florida will get desperate enough to anti up on the trade.

Yzerman wanted a younger cheaper goalie, the Wings have never paid their goalies all that well, seems he is following that strategy. He drafted his future goalie and went out and got a cheaper young term option hoping it will pan out.

Old
01-27-2013, 02:03 AM
I in the Eye

Quote:
We aren't going to be building a team around Luongo which your suggesting. He's simply to old to be doing that. I doubt Tallon will ever change the offer he's apparently already made to Gillis. If teams like Toronto continue to lowball, Gillis will likely turn to us if we still have interest because he respects Luongo a lot.
Well, if Tallon made an offer... I'd think that offer was prospect(s) and pick(s) anyways... Offer doesn't necessarily need to be changed... If not dealing with roster players, not an offer that would be accepted, right now...

Quote:
Originally Posted by pahlsson View Post
if you haven't been watching....... or following....... the panthers, why are you giving....... out suggestions on what they...... should do
I hear they lack heart... *******.

Last edited by I in the Eye: 01-27-2013 at 02:14 AM.
Old
01-27-2013, 02:50 AM
Bourne Endeavor
( _)>⌐■-■ (⌐■_■)

vCash: 13357
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liferleafer View Post
In Chicago's case, at 5-0, they won't be considering a deal for Lu. Edm maybe, does Lu waive for there? Wash is s different animal, like TO and FLA; there problems are much deeper than goaltending. Also, Gillis waiting might cost him, FLA is already 1-5 i believe, Wash 1-4, a couple more losses and they may just throw in the towel. If i'm Mike, i'm trying to close a deal right now.
I do not believe "throwing in the towel" is even remotely feasible for Washington. The organization has lofty expectations and has repeatedly attempted to change something, even just for the sake of doing so, just to continue in the playoff race. A couple more losses and they will still pursue Lu.

Old
01-27-2013, 02:59 AM
Co Ho*

Dominoes...
http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=6...d=nhl:topheads

Old
01-27-2013, 03:01 AM
nhlfan9191

Quote:
Well, if Tallon made an offer... I'd think that offer was prospect(s) and pick(s) anyways... Offer doesn't necessarily need to be changed... If not dealing with roster players, not an offer that would be accepted, right now.
Gillis clearly won't like what Tallon will be willing to give up. I think that much is obvious. But I think with the way Luongo has handled himself, if he's going to accept an offer that he feels is a lowball, it will be from Florida just to make Luongo happy. As a Panthers fan, I really don't see why we would even trade for him in the first place. We've gotten excellent goaltending in 5 of the 6 seasons since Luongo left.

Old
01-27-2013, 03:35 AM
AmazingNuck

When Booth and Kesler return, there won't be any holes on the Canucks if Raymond and Schroeder keep playing the way that they are playing.

Sedin - Sedin - Kassian
Booth - Kesler - Burrows
Raymond - Schroeder - Hansen
Higgins - Malhotra - Lapierre

Edler - Garrison
Hamhuis - Bieksa
Ballard - Tanev

Schneider
Luongo

Honestly, unless Gillis wants to do something like Raymond + Luongo for big 3rd line winger + big 3rd line centre, Gillis will probably keep Luongo and wait to try and plug a hole next year by dealing Luongo. There isn't anything wrong with the line-up up there, except for a lack of size on the third line. Unfortunately, that third line will be necessary for secondary scoring, considering Kesler won't be back to his 09-10 form any time soon.

Canucks will be fine until the off-season as is. Luongo will probably stay a Canuck because that is what is best for the team.

There is NO rush to deal Luongo. He is an all-star piece. The Canucks ARE NOT going to trade him to plug a non-existent hole this year. When a good portion of the team becomes UFA in the off-season and we have holes to plug without having to dip into free agency, THEN Luongo will be traded. If the right deal comes along this year, THEN he will be traded. There is zero rush and zero real pressure on Gillis to make a deal with which he is not comfortable.

Old
01-27-2013, 04:18 AM
RECsGuy*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Co Ho View Post
Sarcasm or not..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ag925 View Post
Luongo Sweepstakes leaderboard:

1. Islanders - offense is showing up, but Nabokov/DiPietro aren't; at end of season, they will have no one capable of starting; could stop being a joke and start being a nightly threat with an elite goalie; contest vs. Jets tomorrow will be huge

2. Lightning - offense is showing up, but Lindback isn't proving that he is a starter; having stars like Stamkos and St. Louis means you go for the Stanley Cup every year, and they aren't contenders with that duo; may be thin on available assets

3. Maple Leafs - need Luongo BAD, perhaps more than any team, but don't have the assets to get him

4. Capitals - weak goaltending duo, but they've got problems all over the place

5. Panthers - weak goaltending duo, but they can try out Markstrom before going the trade route; plus, they've got bigger problems than goaltending

Old
01-27-2013, 04:38 AM
Co Ho*

Islander fans, how far off do you guys think this proposal is?

NYI:
Visnovsky
Niederreiter
2nd/Nabokov

Van:
Luongo
Ballard
Raymond/Schroeder depending on what NYI needs are. Raymond played on the same line as Grabner for a while and had his 25 goal season then. If this deal is done at the trade deadline, Schroeder becomes slightly more expendable if Kesler is back.

Deal is based on Visnovsky wanting out of NYI (plenty of signs so far) and Niederreiter (if the recent rumours are true, like what happened with Turris). Ballard is getting more ice time this season, he's looked pretty solid so far, and maybe he has a great season and this trade goes down at the deadline. Visnovsky really makes sense, Vancouver misses the extra offense Ehrhoff brought, especially on the PP. Not totally sure the consensus on how valuable Niederreiter is, but Luongo would have a bigger impact on the team's success for the next few seasons and is the proven asset.

Old
01-27-2013, 05:20 AM
orcatown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Co Ho View Post
Islander fans, how far off do you guys think this proposal is?

NYI:
Visnovsky
Niederreiter
2nd/Nabokov

Van:
Luongo
Ballard
Raymond/Schroeder depending on what NYI needs are. Raymond played on the same line as Grabner for a while and had his 25 goal season then. If this deal is done at the trade deadline, Schroeder becomes slightly more expendable if Kesler is back.

Deal is based on Visnovsky wanting out of NYI (plenty of signs so far) and Niederreiter (if the recent rumours are true, like what happened with Turris). Ballard is getting more ice time this season, he's looked pretty solid so far, and maybe he has a great season and this trade goes down at the deadline. Visnovsky really makes sense, Vancouver misses the extra offense Ehrhoff brought, especially on the PP. Not totally sure the consensus on how valuable Niederreiter is, but Luongo would have a bigger impact on the team's success for the next few seasons and is the proven asset.
Fair deal but will Luongo ok trade to the Islanders.

Old
01-27-2013, 06:21 AM
Liferleafer
RIP Mrs Doubtfire

Quote:
Liferleafer, how right have you been about the Luongo situation so far (since last June)? Did everything go as you expected so far?... Most things? No things? Just curious, as you've been quite vocal and noticeable for quite some time... and you're a good poster... But, I don't make bets on good posters... Only those with good batting averages :-). I'd like to bet on you, but only if you've been right MUCH more then wrong...
I guess it depends on how you look at it. I have said all along nobody would pay Gillis' price.....so far....i'm right.

Old
01-27-2013, 08:03 AM
TOGuy14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleach Clean View Post
It is the greatest contradiction in this thread. Don't want Lu, stop posting, or one would think. But really, it comes down to now wanting to _pay_ for Lu. They are still interested. It's clear to see. It's the hope that one could get something for nothing that keeps the hope alive here for TOR fans.

On the other side, I probably would be as interested if someone like Luongo could potentially be had. But reality hasn't hit yet, so you still get the traffic. As soon as Gillis carries Luongo past the deadline, you should see interest dwindle from that side,.. hopefully.
Toronto fans aren't making any proposals in this thread, pretty much every post made by a Leaf fan is to pour cold water all over the pipe dream of some Vancouver fan that they will end up with Kadr + Gardiner + 1st from us

Old
01-27-2013, 08:10 AM
Liferleafer
RIP Mrs Doubtfire

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOGuy14 View Post
Toronto fans aren't making any proposals in this thread, pretty much every post made by a Leaf fan is to pour cold water all over the pipe dream of some Vancouver fan that they will end up with Kadr + Gardiner + 1st from us
Not entirely true. There haven't been proposals be either. The issue is, there are some Leaf fans that would like Luongo and some that want to tank. There are also some Nucks fans who feel Lu to TO deal us dead...and some that don't.

I will admit i would have liked Luongo here, but the Leafs can't afford it. All of this still makes for great discussion.

Closed Thread