HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Around the NHL 2012-2013 Season

Closed Thread

Old
01-25-2013, 05:02 PM
Winger98
powers combined

vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to Winger98
re: kindl

I agree that we should have made room for him to be a regular before we did, but he's also been cursed with just plain bad luck on the injury front at the worst times. last year, when he could have started sucking up ice time and given a big look as injuries piled up, he goes down with an injury of his own. This year, the same thing happens to start the year, and his groin takes him out of the lineup.

Maybe we should have gotten him up a year earlier, or made Salei the #7 guy in 10/11, but lady luck hasn't been overly kind to Kindl the past couple of years, either.

01-26-2013, 03:51 PM
ProPAIN
I am the Danger!

Stuart got in a fight for landing a beautiful clean hit (got owned in the fight though) and Marleau scores 2 goals again on the same PP. Sharks are on a tear and that top line of Marleau-Thornton-Pavelski proving to be on of the most lethal in the league.

Old
01-26-2013, 04:07 PM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProPAIN View Post
Stuart got in a fight for landing a beautiful clean hit (got owned in the fight though) and Marleau scores 2 goals again on the same PP. Sharks are on a tear and that top line of Marleau-Thornton-Pavelski proving to be on of the most lethal in the league.
Just hit again, three goals on the PP. Guess the Sharks demise was greatly exaggerated as the big guns our out of the gate as hot as possible.

Landeskog was the guy Stuart KO'd so not shocking that the Avs didn't allow it. A very hard hit, his skating looks a little better this year.

I will root for Stuart from here on out, but I don't think we were going to get a very good player in Detroit, he was worn out and unhappy being too far from his family.

Old
01-26-2013, 04:09 PM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winger98 View Post
I agree that we should have made room for him to be a regular before we did, but he's also been cursed with just plain bad luck on the injury front at the worst times. last year, when he could have started sucking up ice time and given a big look as injuries piled up, he goes down with an injury of his own. This year, the same thing happens to start the year, and his groin takes him out of the lineup.

Maybe we should have gotten him up a year earlier, or made Salei the #7 guy in 10/11, but lady luck hasn't been overly kind to Kindl the past couple of years, either.
No it hasn't on the luck being with him, did like how much more physical he looked last night.

Mursak seems to have the same problem. Everytime the opportunity is presenting itself, he goes down to injury. He has been even more unfortunate than Kindl.

Last edited by The Zetterberg Era: 01-26-2013 at 04:21 PM.
Old
01-26-2013, 04:12 PM
ricky0034

apparently Marleau is the first player to start a season with 4 straight multi-goal games since 95 years ago

Old
01-26-2013, 04:35 PM
JmanWingsFan
Your average Jman

Good Grief... Who's gonna beat the Hawks and Sharks? They probably have to be the two most complete teams in the league.

Old
01-26-2013, 05:18 PM
ProPAIN
I am the Danger!

And both teams are lethal on the PP. Not because they are shooting from the blueline, they have Thornton setting up Pavelski and Marleau to tap in those simple goals.

Upgraded on D, are really good on the PP, have above average goaltending. If only they could find a way to clutch it in the playoffs. Not complaining though.

Old
01-26-2013, 07:21 PM
JmanWingsFan
Your average Jman

Wade FRICKIN Redden

Old
01-26-2013, 08:20 PM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JmanWingsFan View Post
Good Grief... Who's gonna beat the Hawks and Sharks? They probably have to be the two most complete teams in the league.
You know what they say about peaking early right? You are talking about teams that have had minimal turnover and the same coach for a while. If they were terrible to start with that would be more alarming than them getting out of the gates good while tearing it up on special teams.

Old
01-26-2013, 08:47 PM
Fugu
Administrator
HFBoards

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProPAIN View Post

That was a totally unfair and brutal beating Stu took for a clean hit. Can't believe guys get jumped for that kind of thing.

Old
01-26-2013, 09:17 PM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fugu View Post
That was a totally unfair and brutal beating Stu took for a clean hit. Can't believe guys get jumped for that kind of thing.
You hit a star player like that and a young captain and you're going to get attacked. Might not be right but at speed you can think he elbowed him as well if you're the Avs. It cost the Avs the game to answer, so really how smart was it.

In response to the on coming but Kronwall doesn't have to, I will let you know when I see him light somebody up similar to Landeskog. Havlat, Hemsky, Clowe, Heatley, Kesler. He hasn't really got a franchise player yet like that. They also have chased after him in a similar fashion, Stuart is a smart enough guy to know what is coming for labeling Landeskog. Is it right, no not really, it should be an automatic game misconduct not just the ten variety in a situation like that, the officials dropped the ball. But in any event, I was watching it live and you knew they were coming the second you saw the hit and who it was on.

Old
01-26-2013, 09:28 PM
Spitfire11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fugu View Post
I love Stuart but It's totally fair. There's a reason no one dared to touch Yzerman. If someone smoked Zetterberg like that I sure hope someone on this team would step up. Clean means nothing, that's your 21 yo captain and future of the franchise wobbling off the ice. Let players around the league know they're going to have to pay if they want to take a run at him.

Old
01-26-2013, 11:23 PM
Heaton
#hope

Send a message via AIM to Heaton
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire11 View Post
I love Stuart but It's totally fair. There's a reason no one dared to touch Yzerman. If someone smoked Zetterberg like that I sure hope someone on this team would step up. Clean means nothing, that's your 21 yo captain and future of the franchise wobbling off the ice. Let players around the league know they're going to have to pay if they want to take a run at him.
If the hit was 100% clean I would hate to see Stuart get jumped for that, but the hit looked dirty the first time I saw it, looked like a blow to the head. I haven't seen it enough to know for sure and I know Stuart isn't that type of player but I'm not against what happened.

Old
01-26-2013, 11:31 PM
sarcastro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heaton View Post
If the hit was 100% clean I would hate to see Stuart get jumped for that, but the hit looked dirty the first time I saw it, looked like a blow to the head. I haven't seen it enough to know for sure and I know Stuart isn't that type of player but I'm not against what happened.
Looked like one of those "hit him in the head but didn't hit him high" kinds of hits to me. Landeskog was hunched over, Stuart didn't jump into it or specifically target his head, but Landeskog basically put his head on Stuart's arm/elbow with the way he was hunched over.

If Schenn's hit was only one game, this hit is clean. That's the standard they've set early on. For the record, I thought Schenn should have gotten at least 5 games for his hit.

Old
01-26-2013, 11:33 PM
guinness
those were the days

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heaton View Post
I just looked at it again, and it looked like he led with his shoulder, but also left his feet. A hard hit to the head, but it depends on what the NHL deems acceptable.

Currently watching the Flames-Oilers, and Hudler is having a good game for the most part, Flames should actually get their first win. It is weird seeing Hartley behind the Calgary bench.

Old
01-26-2013, 11:55 PM
RedWingsNow*
SaskatoonDeathSquad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire11 View Post
Exactly.
And Stuart had the guts to stand up for himself. The Sharks got a PP out of it -- which they should. Stuart got to deliver his hit -- like he should. And the Avs got to defend their star -- like they should.

That's hockey.

Wings fans have become so accustomed to defending the gutless antics of Kronwall that they can't see this particular forest for the trees.

Old
01-27-2013, 12:09 AM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fading Captain View Post
Exactly.
And Stuart had the guts to stand up for himself. The Sharks got a PP out of it -- which they should. Stuart got to deliver his hit -- like he should. And the Avs got to defend their star -- like they should.

That's hockey.

Wings fans have become so accustomed to defending the gutless antics of Kronwall that they can't see this particular forest for the trees.
Stand up for himself, he got steamrolled in that fight. I know that means something to you, but if just one time Kronwall dropped the gloves and became a punching bag I am quite sure you would critique that also.

I have seen it twice now in what two years, big hit, turtle fight from Stuart. You're so used to using any hit to run Kronwall through the mud you don't notice the difference. Kronwall gets jumped on a lot of his, doesn't fight back, dropping his gloves and holding on while the other guy punches him in the face like Stuart really would do that much more for you?

I just cannot understand this logic, the only time I have ever been disappointed with Kronwall was when Kesler came back to answer himself. He was a valuable enough guy to trade off the ice time with.

The Wings also get a power play out of most of Kronwall's hits. The fact he plays on it while Stuart is of no use during it might also have something to do with it no?

Last edited by The Zetterberg Era: 01-27-2013 at 12:15 AM.
Old
01-27-2013, 12:11 AM
hockeyisforeveryone

vCash: 420
Just watched Calgary win their 1st, with big contributions from JIRI HUDLER!

Jiri is as quick as ever and hustled hard, made plays every time he had the puck, also drew a penalty by moving his feet. A few of the positive comments on HNIC:
Mark Lee- "Hudler seem to be everywhere tonight..."
Kelly Rhudy- "It's obvious Hudler played in Detroit because he will not let that puck go. He holds on to it until he sees a play he can make..."

I loved seeing the hardened vets of the Flames out muscle the young Oilers in the battle of Alberta. They were the stronger team. Bouwmeester was the 1st star of the game.

Old
01-27-2013, 12:17 AM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyisforeveryone View Post
Just watched Calgary win their 1st, with big contributions from JIRI HUDLER!

Jiri is as quick as ever and hustled hard, made plays every time he had the puck, also drew a penalty by moving his feet. A few of the positive comments on HNIC:
Mark Lee- "Hudler seem to be everywhere tonight..."
Kelly Rhudy- "It's obvious Hudler played in Detroit because he will not let that puck go. He holds on to it until he sees a play he can make..."

I loved seeing the hardened vets of the Flames out muscle the young Oilers in the battle of Alberta. They were the stronger team. Bouwmeester was the 1st star of the game.
They also called Hudler fast which made me laugh.

Glad he seems to fit in there though, was on the ice plenty and he is being used in an offensive puck controlling roll, good for Jiri.

JayBo had the best game I have seen him have since probably Florida in all honesty.

Old
01-27-2013, 01:01 AM
JurassicTunga

Flames fan coming in

Yeah, Hudler was great tonight, he really handles that puck well and never let the puck go (like the announcers said, you can tell he played for the Red Wings) He also had instant chemistry with Roman Cervenka, which is a good sign.

Hope he continues this play!

Old
01-27-2013, 01:43 AM
RedWingsNow*
SaskatoonDeathSquad

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Zetterberg Era View Post
Stand up for himself, he got steamrolled in that fight.
Doesn't matter if he got steamrolled.
He didn't lay on the ground and cry for his mom. He didn't hide behind the refs. He got jumped. He stood up. He took his shots, and he tried to give them back.

That's admirable.

Quote:
I know that means something to you, but if just one time Kronwall dropped the gloves and became a punching bag I am quite sure you would critique that also.
Wow. That's a pretty stupid argument. Or you're just lying.

I just get finished giving points to Stuart for standing up, even if he he "lost" his fight. I've been criticizing Kronwall for 3-4 years now for turtling.

And somehow, you think that means I am going to critique him for fighting?

Try using your head.

Quote:
I have seen it twice now in what two years, big hit, turtle fight from Stuart.
What the **** is a turtlefight?

Quote:
You're so used to using any hit to run Kronwall through the mud you don't notice the difference. Kronwall gets jumped on a lot of his, doesn't fight back, dropping his gloves and holding on while the other guy punches him in the face like Stuart really would do that much more for you?
Are you being genuine?
You seriously don't see the difference in accountability?

One guy hits to hurt, and when someone decides its time to make him pay, that guy hides behind officials or crawls on the ice.

Another guy hits to hurt, and when someone jumps him, he picks him up off the ground and answers the bell.

You don't see the WORLD off difference in integrity and courage?

One guy answers for what he does.
The other guy hides.

Quote:
I just cannot understand this logic, the only time I have ever been disappointed with Kronwall was when Kesler came back to answer himself. He was a valuable enough guy to trade off the ice time with.
Punk argument.
Kronwall hits hard enough to knock people out of a game. To knock them out for 4 months.

And he can't sit for 5 minutes?

Do you have any respect for the players in this league? Do you have any respect for the power and violence that gets dished out?

You act like ot's great for kronwall to dish out a hit that can put someone in the concussion room.
But he better not sit down in the box for 5 minutes (even though his team will be on the PP for 2 of those minutes)

Because KRONWALL IS TOO VALUABLE DAMMIT!!

Pathetic.

Quote:
The Wings also get a power play out of most of Kronwall's hits. The fact he plays on it while Stuart is of no use during it might also have something to do with it no?
I don't support punk hockey.
You do.

And you'll come up with whatever lousy argument you can think of.

Old
01-27-2013, 01:54 AM
Townsend Beasley
Coop, how's Annie?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fading Captain View Post
Doesn't matter if he got steamrolled.
He didn't lay on the ground and cry for his mom. He didn't hide behind the refs. He got jumped. He stood up. He took his shots, and he tried to give them back.

That's admirable.

Wow. That's a pretty stupid argument. Or you're just lying.

I just get finished giving points to Stuart for standing up, even if he he "lost" his fight. I've been criticizing Kronwall for 3-4 years now for turtling.

And somehow, you think that means I am going to critique him for fighting?

Try using your head.

What the **** is a turtlefight?

Are you being genuine?
You seriously don't see the difference in accountability?

One guy hits to hurt, and when someone decides its time to make him pay, that guy hides behind officials or crawls on the ice.

Another guy hits to hurt, and when someone jumps him, he picks him up off the ground and answers the bell.

You don't see the WORLD off difference in integrity and courage?

One guy answers for what he does.
The other guy hides.

Punk argument.
Kronwall hits hard enough to knock people out of a game. To knock them out for 4 months.

And he can't sit for 5 minutes?

Do you have any respect for the players in this league? Do you have any respect for the power and violence that gets dished out?

You act like ot's great for kronwall to dish out a hit that can put someone in the concussion room.
But he better not sit down in the box for 5 minutes (even though his team will be on the PP for 2 of those minutes)

Because KRONWALL IS TOO VALUABLE DAMMIT!!

Pathetic.

I don't support punk hockey.
You do.

And you'll come up with whatever lousy argument you can think of.
Is there a video out there that shows kronwall doing what you say? I want to understand your viewpoint but i honestly cant remember any of these instances you seem to find commonplace.

Lets see the tape cb, where is kronwall turtling, hiding?

Old
01-27-2013, 02:03 AM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

Your hockey code isn't everyone elses TFC.

I don't have to agree with you on everything and don't on most things, clean hits are not punk hockey. If he labels Toews tomorrow they will show up in spades to beat him whether or not he wants to go. Same thing that happened to Stuart, so all you want is his gloves to fall off and have him take a beating. I just doubt that would get you off his back.

Also when Kronwall gets drilled even dirty he is pretty standup about it. Usually even complementary to the other guy like when Koivu decked him last year. But didn't say anything about Laraque's knee on knee that sidelined him and just gave the NHL will look on it on Chris Stewarts boarding him last year.

It isn't like he operates with a different code when other teams hit the Wings. You just don't like the way he chooses to play the game or the Wings for the most part. That is fine but I see no double standard from Kronwall himself.

I also will say because of how well he is known for it the Refs now skate in to defend him almost immediately.

By the way on another NHL related thing, the Preds right now are king of just banking points, 3 SO losses.... Those are going to be big eventually.

Old
01-27-2013, 02:07 AM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Townsend Beasley View Post
Is there a video out there that shows kronwall doing what you say? I want to understand your viewpoint but i honestly cant remember any of these instances you seem to find commonplace.

Lets see the tape cb, where is kronwall turtling, hiding?
He was defended by the Refs on the Kesler hit, they also showed up quickly to get Schenn away from him after he crushed Voracek.

They do get there in a hurry when he lands the big hit and quickly skate up next to him when the play ends for a lot of the other big hits he throws where the play continues to run.

Old
01-27-2013, 08:53 AM
Townsend Beasley
Coop, how's Annie?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Zetterberg Era View Post
He was defended by the Refs on the Kesler hit, they also showed up quickly to get Schenn away from him after he crushed Voracek.

They do get there in a hurry when he lands the big hit and quickly skate up next to him when the play ends for a lot of the other big hits he throws where the play continues to run.
Without seeing the video, it just sounds like kronwall and the refs are doing what theyre paid to do.

Closed Thread